• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Beauty

Discuss beauty and cosmetics tips and tricks here.

277 topics in this forum

1. Makeup Remover

• 15 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. Trans friendly services

• 2 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4 replies
  3. DIY lip scrub

• 4 replies
  4. Waxing or shaving

• 5 replies
  5. hair

• 5 replies
    • 23 replies
  6. my new nails

• 7 replies
  7. Make-up Does Have Expiration Times

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
  8. Wig advice

• 10 replies
  9. eye brows

• 2 replies
  10. Nail salon recommendations

• 3 replies
  11. Mousse foundation

• 1 reply
  12. Pretty makeup brushes!

• 3 replies
  13. I'm gonna learn MAKEUP

• 31 replies
  14. manual V electric files.

• 3 replies
  15. Very unusual nails.

• 3 replies
  16. Ragged cuticles.

• 0 replies
  17. Quick frenchie.

• 2 replies
  18. Home mani pedi kit.

• 4 replies
  19. Eyebrows and nails.

• 7 replies
  20. My first time using make up!!!

• 5 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• Timber Wolf
    • Willa
    • Kirsten
    • Jocelyn
    • Cluck1992
    • Charlize
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • michelle_kitten
    • BillieS
    • MaryEllen
  • Who Was Online

97 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Willa
    • Timber Wolf
    • Kirsten
    • Jocelyn
    • Cluck1992
    • Charlize
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • michelle_kitten
    • BillieS
    • MaryEllen
    • Hellothere
    • Naomi Knowles
    • Petra Jane
    • KeiraC
    • jo_g
    • Stevi
    • figuringitout
    • MaryMary
    • Fimdir
    • Ned
    • SaraAW
    • ToniTone
    • Samantha2015
    • DeeDee
    • tracy_j
    • Ellora
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Janeshannon
    • Jaybird4711
    • VickySGV
    • Carolyn Marie
    • KymmieL
    • Mickey
    • Michelle F
    • fphamm45
    • EliAtkins
    • Katy Ann
    • SharkGirl98
    • Jani
    • Ronin82
    • HeatherCristina
    • Gregory
    • EvanC
    • Committeenumber3
    • JJ
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Sharon Aml
    • Rowan
    • Elyssia
    • Rose
    • Ashlee
    • Willow
    • Tammy
    • Lightbrite
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Cindy Truheart
    • Shanyanners
    • Dimitri53
    • Kelva
    • Kylie
    • Susan
    • Sara w
    • K80Lately
    • gaynoodle76
    • Nebulous
    • Alana Stone
    • TamiLynn
    • MomofSprinter
    • Cyndee
    • Clara_D
    • Phoenix Logan
    • Robin
    • Janae
    • Stephanie P
    • Clara84
    • Cheyenne skye
    • J_S
    • LouiseRose1954
    • Leothemarshmallow
    • Kim1
    • Rachael
    • MicahKj
    • vannaaa
    • D.Grey
    • KC1
    • Nina B
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • Anyatimenow
    • Josie Beth
    • Alisa
    • Dino
    • Jen
    • QueenClara
    • Finley
    • LittleRed
    • BrandiBri
    • RithiaAllen
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Jaybird4711
    Newest Member
    Jaybird4711

• onaquest
    • Amanda May
    • Kirsten
      It’s all water weight and an unbalanced system. Losing 2 pounds overnight doesn’t mean you lost 2 pounds. Although it is a nice scale moment. Lol.  As far as blowing everything, I don’t agree. You had a cheat. Cheats are fine. The issue I see is that it’s directly linked to an emotional issue. That’s a tough link to break, but one that everyone should do. Emotional eating is the worst kind of eating habit to carry. Try separating the alcohol and the food from the emotions. But don’t beat yourself up over a bad day. The bad day isn’t what matters. It’s what you do the next day that matters. You get back on that exercise train, and fuel it with healthy habits.  I have been pushing my Monday workouts to the afternoon myself. GOT is Sunday nights at 9 so I’m up past 10 every Sunday. There’s no way I’m waking up at 4 if I can’t get to bed till 1020 or so. It kills me all day. I’m tired. I’m grumpy. I am incessantly yawning. It’s awful. I don’t have my shake if I don’t exercise, so I end up with something less than healthy (dunks power breakfast sandwich and a coffee today). But it’s a sacrifice I choose to make for my television show. I have 8+ years invested so I make an exception. And it’s okay to not be perfect.    Like I say all the time Amy it’s not about being on a diet. It’s not about working out every day. It’s not about that number the scale flashes in our faces either. It’s about finding your place. It’s about loving yourself. It’s about keeping yourself strong and healthy. It’s about being proud of your work that you do for you! These battles aren’t won in public. They’re won inside ourselves. They are won at 4am deciding to push yourself out of bed to do something good for your body. They are created in the dark when we are alone. THATS when we are created. THATS when we are our strongest. THATS the times that are the most important. And you are doing a great job!!! Bad days or not, you are awesome! 
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi fphamm45, Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐺🐾
    • michelle_kitten
      I am thankful for all those who say trans people are foolish, crazy, evil, misguided, or whatever.  Here is why:   I've always been self-educated, and above average intelligence though far from genius.  I've always attracted educated and intelligent people to myself.  Many of my friends have been atheist and agnostic, or some flavor thereof.  A lot of educated people tend to lean the direction of shying away from God.  Often challenges to my faith have been given.  Sometimes the challenges are out of mischief and other times out of authentic doubts.  Either way, at some point I realized some of the common challenges to my faith were good questions for which I had no answers.  The criticisms were often stinging.  Rather than sitting by and allowing my faith to be shaken, I chose to dig deep and find answers.  In the end, it has lead to a great deal of spiritual development, and a confidence in my faith I would not otherwise have.  I am grateful for my atheist and agnostic friends and all the people who have challenged me.  I think they have shaped me as much or more than anything from the pulpit.   There is good reason why I am putting off labeling myself as trans, and starting a transition (for at least 6 months).  I am look for people to tell me I am wrong.  Sure, I am a bit scared.  Being told you are wrong is never comfortable.  Being opposed can be embarrassing and humiliating.  The more intellectual you believe you are, the more a challenge bites at you.  I am not so scared as to not see the good which comes from being faced with good questions.  I want the growth which comes with challenge, just as in my Christian walk.  I also want the confidence in the end (assuming I do transition) coming from having been challenged and having weathered the storm.   There is a hidden benefit of having had my faith challenged.  The blessing is being able to help others, which is deeply rewarding.  I fully expect the same beautiful experience awaits me on the other end of my current journey.  Touching the lives of others with gentleness and kindness is the best this world can offer.   Today, I choose to be thankful for the trans detractors and critics.  The nay-sayers are causing me to grow, to dig deep within myself, and preparing me for a life ahead (whatever it might look like).   Blessings!
    • jo_g
      Will do! ❤️ I am also massaging every day. I'll also take the next set of measurements soon, too!  
    • michelle_kitten
      Janae,   I recently had my first experience with a gender therapist.  It was very relieving to just throw up on someone about how I feel without judgement.  The gender therapist I am seeing has helped a lot of folks with the same issues.  There is no surprise, shock, nor judgement.  It was a great experience.  You'll do fine in gender therapy.  You're already beginning to get in touch with how you feel.
    • Janeshannon
      Welcome and I hope you enjoy the site. Jane Shannon  
    • Janeshannon
      I have had a good week.

Monday was my normal counseling appointment, which leaves me feeling good and that this trans thing is okay.

Thursday, I had the day off work for a dermatology appointment. I decided to wear a black skirt with a red cowl neck sweater to the appointment. The appointment is a yearly appointment, and my legal name is still my male name. The clinic was AWESOME! The lady at the counter didn't bat an eye even when I handed her an ID with a male name and photo on it. The med tech looked a little surprised, but recovered quickly and was kind. I had to get undressed, and I loved when she said I'd have to take off my bra for the exam. The PA who did the exam was awesome. She checked my skin including peeking under my panties. Since I was only wearing a gaff and a medical robe, she knew I was early transition transgender. I was tightly tucked, and she made no reaction she was just doing another exam. I was nervous going in, but relaxed departing.   After the appointment, I had a bunch of errands to run. I did all if them in that skirt. It was absolutely wonderful to be interacting with society as a woman. I've questioned this for so long. Doubting if I was really transgender. More and more I know the truth.  Another interesting highlight was a short stop at a cobbler’s shop. I was stalling going in, sitting in my truck, looking at the shop and wondering about all the horrible things that could happen. When I noticed, in the upper left corner of the shop window was the rainbow flag.  That little chunk of clothe, such a small symbol, and it totally lifted my spirits. The cobbler was super sweet, and told me he could fix my shoes for $20, or I could fix them for free with some super glue. After that I headed to the library and a few other stops. It was really a nice day--it felt wonderful not to doubt or to worry so much--to just be.
    • VickySGV
      We do in fact have a growing number of churches who fully accept us.  They have gotten the idea that Creation is too big for only two set in stone genders.  A friend of mine actually had her male Baptismal Name changed during the First Service of Easter to one that now is a better fit and expresses the Divine Image that is in all of us much more openly and makes her a person who is Fully Alive in faith and body.
    • ToniTone
      ❤️   Yeah, totally! I wish she understood. But she loves me regardless. Really she's the only one I was concerned about coming out to. Everyone else has less investment in me, and I feel I can deal with whatever may happen.    It's a relief just letting her know and getting that tribulation over with... 
    • Ellora
      There are plenty of glute exercises that can be done with weak knees.  😀
    • Jani
      Welcome!  I think you'll find a good community here.  Join in!

Jani
    • Jani
      Thats good to hear.  Sometimes it takes time for those around us to understand.  Sounds like you have good kids.   Hugs, Jani
    • Jani
      My knees aren't good enough for that, but I can ride my bicycle which I should do more now that the weather is turning. 
    • Jani
      I'm glad to read you feel good.  Yes it is a promising time to be oneself, in whatever form that takes.  Change takes time and we are slowly getting there as a society.  Enjoy life.  Be safe.   Hugs, Jani
    • michelle_kitten
      I am very grateful tonight, as I wrestle with my gender, I live in a time where I don't face being stoned or burned at the stake for considering a path other than that dictated by my anatomy.
  • Upcoming Events