• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Academia

If you're a student or if you work in the education field, this is the forum to discuss issues surrounding your work.

7 topics in this forum

1. A future teacher

• 2 replies
  2. College?

• 2 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 15 replies
  3. Teachers and substitutes

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 9 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• Emily Michele
    • Heathick
    • Cheyenne skye
  • Who Was Online

129 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Katie Jade
    • Emily Michele
    • Heathick
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Cheyenne skye
    • Susan R
    • Katherine1745
    • Phi
    • MargieK
    • VickySGV
    • DonkeySocks
    • ElizabethStar
    • Astrid
    • Sydneyblue
    • Confused1
    • HollyNoel
    • RunValRun
    • Nova
    • RosieKohn
    • Kalli
    • Rowan.
    • Kian
    • Berni
    • QuestioningAmber
    • Jocelyn
    • JustineM
    • Dinaki
    • MaryEllen
    • Gretch
    • Shawn Michelle
    • Abi
    • Jandi
    • Robin.C
    • Teri Anne
    • Terri1769
    • Selina
    • Dana Michelle
    • KymmieL
    • Shay
    • Jani
    • Zoey4Trix
    • Kris-Boston
    • KathyLauren
    • Kylie
    • Jensen Kyle Anderson
    • DeeDee
    • Cyndee
    • Bri2020
    • Mahaney
    • RhondaS
    • A. Dillon
    • EmersonTeaWitch
    • Wichita
    • Andrea Jean
    • Emily michelle
    • luke_b
    • Kaltia_Atlas
    • DragonflyGirl
    • Victoria94
    • grubsky
    • Halelly
    • MomTGDaughter
    • Jackie C.
    • JenSCDC
    • Shawna
    • Jacqui
    • Lee H
    • onyx
    • Carrie
    • Petra Jane
    • Kestrel McLoughlin
    • K.S.S
    • Msecret
    • Katharina
    • shelly_koleva83
    • Mmindy
    • Becoming Jordan
    • Tori M
    • Charlize
    • Tory Aoi
    • sleepinflame
    • MaryMary
    • Bobbie Scott
    • MiraM
    • Kelsey Brooke
    • samsam
    • KayC
    • figuringitout
    • SL
    • Ellora
    • Sally Stone
    • Timber Wolf
    • Patti Anne
    • tracy_j
    • Sabine
    • Cloe
    • J Transition
    • KMTAL
    • Mia Marie
    • AnnaD
    • Lexi C
    • Niamh
    • Anastas
    • MetaLicious
    • Sarah Isosys
    • guerillagrue
    • Ronin82
    • JoniSteph
    • Victoria_
    • Janae
    • Rorelai
    • Aidan5
    • Jeanette West
    • Gabrielle2
    • Jenny1984
    • Michellle
    • claire1000
    • Erikka
    • 1LynnK
    • Kaiden1218
    • Beth
    • Sara Rose
    • The Viv Element
    • Ithani
    • stebF
    • Claire 1960
    • Spencer but like still nb
    • Amber H
    • Maid In Bedlam
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

EmersonTeaWitch
    Newest Member
    EmersonTeaWitch

• RosieKohn
    • David.S.C
    • Natasa
    • Heathick
      Ok, so I'm probably incredibly late to this, but this forum has just introduced me to the absurd wonders of FaceApp and I'm totally hooked!   Judging by what it thinks I looked like as a kid, I'm pretty well aware this software is far more for fun goofing around than it is for accuracy. But even still, the first time I gave it a selfie and hit the "Female" button, my heart instantly leapt straight out of my chest and I felt all fluttery for hours...That "photo" is now my profile picture :). (I swear, if I could look anything like that, I would come straight out to everyone, work, family and strangers, right now!, and have a name change application submitted within the hour!! (Ugh..if only I could decide on a name!))   Other top candidates include these works of deliriously intoxicating fantasy:         Just as fun, although not half as pretty, is this amusing nightmare :     That one never stops cracking me up! I'll spare everyone the masculine one that makes me look like an unholy union between Santa Claus and my biological father!   What cool images have other people come up with through this?
    • Susan R
      You look great @Berni. It’s hard to believe it was that fast and you’re back and looking like it was nothing. Looks like your doctor did a nice job. I’m curious...Are there any temporary changes in your voice, the feeling while breathing in or out or when you swallow? I realize some differences are natural but how was the overall experience?   Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      @QuestioningAmberThis is the life changing statement that changed it all for me too. Those are such empowering words and so true.   Congratulations on this huge step! You are on a new journey now and I hope your Dad gets the news soon. I can imagine the waiting for his first response is the hardest part.   Wishing you a good outcome, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      An early Congratulations to you @Terri1769! Please keep us updated as to your progress when and if you feel up to it if you feel comfortable doing so.  I wish you all the best and hope your recovery goes smoothly and is as painless as possible.   My Best, Susan R🌷
    • Astrid
      A wise move. Every vote is so important in these unsettling times!  Congratulations and hugs,   Astrid 
    • Astrid
      So here I am, nonbinary me: my body's unique, thanks to HRT! 
    • ElizabethStar
      @Confused1I decided I'm just going to let that friendship work itself organically.   I still have other good and supportive friends I made during my time down in Arkansas. One that I didn't think would support me is actually very happy for me. Turns out my name is the same as her daughter's middle name.   So far all the responses I've had since coming out on facebook had been positive. I really didn't want to delete my account and have to start over.    
    • Sydneyblue
      Congrats !!! 😃
    • Heathick
      Wow, I guess estrogen can be powerful stuff!   I haven't done any HRT, and I have enough testosterone to know firsthand the odd sensation of crying a river on the inside, but having testosterone completely block all actual crying....And yet, even at that, I still can't stop actually tearing up like crazy every time I see the first "Let it go" in Frozen! I can't imagine how I would fare on estrogen!    
    • QuestioningAmber
      So both letters went out today. I have already heard back from my mom and she says she loves me unconditionally and that she is going to look over the resource that I gave her on some basic questions and what not. I still haven’t heard from my dad yet. That may just be where he hasn’t had a chance to read the letter yet. I am trying to remain optimistic.
    • Confused1
      Congratulation Elizabeth on your coming out. I am as Christian as it gets, but I am also trans. If you want to keep this friend and get a bad response, PM me. I might have some ideas that can help. In the mean time, I'm hoping the rest of your replies are all positive!   Hugs, Mike
    • Gretch
      Thank you both! Yes, I am trying to find individual therapy for him - it's hard. I spent a LOT of time for my other son (they are twins) calling around for therapy for his general anxiety and have never been able to find a therapist who works with this age, has capacity, accepts insurance...... then pandemic hit. So I am also concerned for my cis son who has anxiety and I can't find help. So now for my trans son - I am calling around for therapists. The school guidance counselor is great and all the teachers have immediately adopted male pronouns which is helpful. I have an appointment with a gender therapy program - in a couple weeks. It's just not the individual therapy that I think he needs. So yes....   still looking....  in the meantime I also worry about my other son so it's all very overwhelming! Thank you for the support and any suggestions.
    • VickySGV
      Still two months for the count to keep climbing.  NOT ONE MORE!!
    • VickySGV
      Will she stop doing this type of crap if we just ignore her??  I hope that saying nothing about her is the best thing.
    • Terri1769
      It's Saturday evening here.  Tomorrow we'll be picking up the rental car for the trip of a lifetime.  Bright and early Monday morning we'll be loading out and driving from the deep South to New York City.  Thursday morning sometime I'll finally be going under the knife with Dr. Bluebond-Langner for my SRS.  It's been a lifetime of wishing to get to this point and I'm so happy it's finally here!   Wish me luck!   Terri
  • Upcoming Events