• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's Your Guystyle?

Guest Nikk

Guest Jackson

Style? I feel like I more have an anti-style.

Work is the shirt and tie thing. I scored last year and got a bunch of nice dress shirts at Goodwill. Black, different shades of grey, a couple different blue ones. Usually with black pants and wingtips or I also have some Old Navy khakis.

Home is jeans and T-shirts or button-down shirts. I love my Levi's 501 buttonfly jeans. I have to get some more. Actually, most of my jeans now are my roommate's old jeans he refuses to wear anymore. He's a little more picky about his style than I am about mine. I'll wear these with one of four sets of footwear: Keen hiking sandals, sneakers, cowboy boots, or Doc Martin boots. I usually wear a baseball cap or I have a couple Fedora-type hats one of black wool and one of distressed brown leather like Indiana Jones.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• EVAN_DESU

Guest Captain Troy

I love the men's section in forever 21, but don't really have enough money to buy anything there. Thus why I'm looking for a job.

I like slightly dressier clothes, woulld wear all kinds of knit sweaters if it weren't for the fact that they cling and show my boobies (eew) or bandages when I try that.

I'm also trying to work on getting some clothes so I can cultivate the kind of style that Timberlake has.

Not fond of him, but he is quite the stylish man.

Guest praisedbeherhooves
Okay, now I know plenty of women hang 'round this part of the forum, so I'm bringing the boys back (some of us do care what we look like *hairflip*). So recently, I went shopping at that lovely store called Target, and I realized that I had some sort of style - a general type of clothing that I like to wear.

I either like really classy clothes, such as pinstripe vests and fedoras, or very chill clothes, such as short-sleeved collared shirts, screen tees, and jeans. Always with rubber-slippers or sneakers, often with a pendant necklace and some simple unfemme earrings.

So here's the question for you: What's your guystyle?

For a while I had a very emoish/gothish style but now I'm shifting to something classier. I've been doing a more gothic victorian aesthetic, but not entirely. Sort of a more casual victorian with button up shirts, vests, dress pants, tie and dress shoes. I'm sort of dressing like Curtis RX from Creature Feature.

Guest kaydinface

^

Ditto.

Except I'm more into the 'scene' thing, like crazy neon pants and shoes and the like. Either that, or I'm wearing a baggy tee shirt and baggy shorts. :P

Guest AlexDeOrange

According to my friend's, my summer style is tourist (Hawaiian shirt, Bermuda shorts, sandals with socks.) It's suitably 'odd' enough for me to like.

For all the year that is not scorchingly hot, it's jeans/cargos, T-shirts with comic book images (including my absolute favorite Captain America shirt,) and steel-toed boots. None of it's stylish, but it works, and the steel toes are useful for wandering around and kicking things (or getting one's feet run over by a 4-wheeler. Not fun.)

School has a uniform, ugh, and my nice clothes tend to be button up, solid color shirt, slacks, and my 'nice' boots (Harley brand, not clearly boots when covered by trousers.)

Going out: I like men's buttoned down shirts *plain or not plain*, any color t-shirts *as long as in men's lol. I even like loose, relaxed or cago pants. Cowboy boots or work-boots would be good for me. Darn I need to get me not so femme earrings

Chilling out: Sweat pants, loose or baggy pants, tennis shoes, tank tops, and hoodie, loose or baggy shirts.

Guest Dalton

I'm more of a graphic t under a button up with dickies kind of guy. and I love my converses. I am a simple guy, too much stuff makes me crazy. Oh and a nice belt. Belts are vital. d:

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm...IF I'm going out, I like to wear graphic tee's, jeans with vans.

and if I'm at home I gotta be comfortable, so beaters with boxers and socks...

lol. I think if I didn't have anywhere to go all week, that's what you would catch me in..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gallium 67

I really like that clean-cut business suit look. But casually I guess I try for the college guy look when I go out, and on those days when nothing is going on a skater-ish/grunge look. Or in my boxers + oversized shirt all day. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AlexanderG

One way, I'm a devotee to the T-shirt.

Preferably not the standard (boring) ones with a random number or university I've never even set eyes on (worse than this is these so-called 'funny' texts that are NOT funny if 1000 people wear the shirt).

T-shirts with prints or texts that are funny,

or statement-ful.

Or completely random but aesthetically pleasing.

Or with my own (ripped) picture &/or text (taking to this a lot lately. I'm such a geek with my cartoons).

I will thoroughly enjoy wearing these shirts with a flat chest - when finally there won't be the two bulges distracting from the shirt itself. With girls, it's the print that excuses a look at the chest. With guys, it's the print - period.

One can never have enough T-shirts.

& one like me could write a manifesto on the thing.

+ semi-cargo/baggy pants.

On the other hand, though...

I can imagine myself as a bit or as much of a metro man. America Today & Jack&Jones are nice. Ohyeah.

As a girl I've never been fashionable. Period.

As a guy though... I might even get decent shoes (it's been Nike Air's for the past... umpteen years)

I swear, if/when I get a flat chest I will flaunt it but good either way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ScifiComicDUDE

hip-hoppy style yo!!

White sneekers and baseball cap are a must

baggy jeans and Football (american & english) Tshirts

baggy shorts on occasion

studs(earrings) and neck chain, scarf(maybe)

Hoodie or headband

for a more formal look

jeans and checked shirts or schoolboy attire will do.

i never knew i had a style( as a girl)...magic of manhood *sigh* :P

Guest insanitylives
I will thoroughly enjoy wearing these shirts with a flat chest - when finally there won't be the two bulges distracting from the shirt itself. With girls, it's the print that excuses a look at the chest. With guys, it's the print - period.

One can never have enough T-shirts.

This, 100%

I'm also that guy who likes baggier jeans, but WEARS A BELT (!!!!)

Guest Steph70

I will go into my 'non Laura's Playground' side, and give you my dress style. When not wearing my 'pretty things', I am all about jeans and t-shirts. Not tight jeans or shirts..I need to be able to move and bend. And flannels. Chances are you won't see me without a flannel on. If it's under 60 degrees, flannel shirt is on. And I don't honestly care what color or anything. I recently had a tie dye shirt on and a flannel over that. My boss(a female) mentioned she liked my combination, to which I replied, "I'm not a slave to fashion. It's comfortable, that's all I care about." I should trademark that lol! She told me she wished she could have thought of that line when she was wearing polka dot socks with her striped tennies :P . So as the 'guy' side of me, it is all about comfort. I don't care what color the tshirt is, what it says on it(to a certain extent) as long as I'm comfortable. And running shoes. Not that I run, but I'm on my feet all day for work, and comfort is my main goal. I do have a pair of dress pants and 1 suit and some dress shirts, but those come out of the mothballs only when absolutely necessary(work stuff, weddings, etc).

So those are my 'fashion tips' from someone dressing like a guy for many many (many) years.

Stephanie

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, I like whatever I can

a) afford

b ) Fit into.

XD

Right now I got on a Harry Potter (Slytherin pride FTW) sweater, green t-shirt, skinny jeans (Because until I gain some weight, I can't fit into actual mens jeans!!! OH RAPTURE!!) And converse sneakers, because they were the only ones I could convince my mom were 'for girls, too.'

Oh, I mentioned on here a long time ago I pierced my own ears. Now I got three in my left ear, one in my right. Just silver stud things, for I am a stud. No lying. Four times over~

When it comes to clothes, I guess I really like things with wings on them. Like a hooded jacket with wings on the back, etc. Or stupid T-shirts with Death Note or Family Guy or Star Wars on them. Lots of button-down shirts. Sort of in between 'skater' and 'geek' and 'prep,' I dunno.

Oh, and a labcoat.

I like wearing Marvel comic book t-shirts n stuff.

I dunno. xD Anything I find is cool in Target or Walmart cuz I can't afford much more that that XD

I can never but jeans in the guys section..or for that matter at all..because I know they will most likely be too long. DX

Tis why I stick with good old cargo shorts or any kinda shorts for that matter.

Even if it be a whopping 40 degrees here in Florida xD I still wear 'em.

Oh and I mostly wear the same stuff over again.

I swear it's like I wear my Death Note shirts every friggin' day. xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dress sort of highschool-goth/grunge, in varying degrees depending on what I yank out of my drawers that morning and how much energy I have to throw together a "look." Most of my clothes are from Hot Topic and thrift stores like Gabriel Brothers'. Right now my usual outfit is either bondage pants from Hot Topic or black jeans, with a black t-shirt (either band logos or graphic designs on it) or a hoodie--the one I wear most often has an Avenged Sevenfold logo on it. I wear a dog collar and a necklace with a celtic (I think) symbol on it that looks like a crosshair, sometimes a spiked or studded cuff or two. I own three pairs of shoes--one pair of combat boots with buckles up the sides (which I wear with my jeans tucked into them,) one pair of doc martens, and a pair of skate sneakers. Also, I love trenchcoats.

I have a lot of clothes I can't get away with wearing until I lose weight and/or get top surgery, but I wanna wear them so much. Like the tank tops/a-shirts/beaters (?) I own, and my leather pants of awesomeness +1. Once I reach my goal I'm going on a Hot Topic shopping spree, giving a half-ton of my old baggy clothes to Goodwill for a tax refund, and DYEING MY HAIR BLOND! *hyper*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest harvester52

My guystyle...

It's hard to describe. Think Larry the Cable Guy ran head first into a sound system nerd. I wear button down shirts with the sleeves cut off almost constantly. My body temperature runs low, so I overheat very easily. The lack of sleeves helps alleviate that. On cold days, I usually layer a Tshirt, button down, and sport coat/trench coat. Sport coats/blazers are excellent for concealing the chesticles.

On random days, when I feel like it, I wear a Catholic cassock with a belt cincture and shoulder cape. I wear this because it makes me feel good inside, like I look good. With the amount of dysphoria I have, it's amazing I can accomplish that by putting on some clothes, albeit weird clothes.

Everyday, I can be seen with about 20 pounds of cables hanging around my neck. Again, this is just part of my identity that I like to express.

My clothes always have functionality and comfort. I prefer VERY loose, baggy, and loaded with pockets. My cassock even has pockets in the belt cincture so I can store stuff there. XD I made the cassock.

I buy all of my clothes in the men's department, including pants. They're always too long, but because I know how to sew, I just fix 'em up. Not only that, but men's clothes fit me well. I have a very broad, square build, and haven't worn women's clothes since... 2nd grade? My momma should've known then... XD

One word for where I get my clothes: Goodwill.

I also wear kilts on occasion if it's hot outside. Every man in America ought to wear a kilt at least once.

-BC

Ok! Ik I'm a lady, but I still dress guy in life currently, and I love talking clothes! So deal with it!! :P

Tripp pants, fishnet top, t-shirt over the fishnet (all black) a pair of cyber goggles, (and a jetpack as soon as I can find one! Lol)

hugz, Char

Cyber Goggles Power !! i wear too ! xD

Hard to describe, i change so much , but i dress as a androgynous male.

when i was younger : black, chains, spikes, my cyber goggles, my chains, hospital mask, fishnet, platform shoes/boots.

I used to have streaks in my hair.

I was Always Wearing black and White, sometimes red and blue... Pleople could describe me as : visual kei or Elegant Gothic.

Now:

Converse or Doc Martens, Skinnies (broken , with chains...), i wear the same kind of t-shirts (simple black ones , or stripped ones), jackets...

Now They Describe me as : Scene, Urban ... ??

The problem is that most of my visual kei clothing TOTALLY BROKE(used it too much....)

So now i'm more simple than i was, but i still like my previous Clothing.

Guest Alexander James

What's your guystyle?

vans/converse, Skinny jeans, stud belt, Shirts with AWESOME designs, "nerdy" (anime/games/ect) type shirts, band Ts, hello kitty stuff, rainbow and fangs necklace, gauges pink/purple/black (not all at once...), and a sweater (I HAVE TONS...). Mostly I wear black but recently I wear a lot of colorful stuff

Sometimes I wear baggy jeans but I don't like them so much... Unless I'm to lazy to wear my skinny jeans... or I gain weight T_____T or I lost them lol

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Flistan

I'm androgyne, so I usually wear t-shirt and jeans, sometimes a hoodie. I like dark graphic t-shirts most of the time. Otherwise it's a sleeveless turtleneck, something like that. I've got some converse (who doesn't these days) and some black and white men's shoes and some combat boots from goodwill ftw. Hopefully over the summer I'll be able to get a new wardrobe to fit my style more. ^.^ I really love shopping at rue21- they always have great prices and clothes I love. I've even bought girly stuff there. o.0 I actually LIKE shopping there. http://www.rue21.com/