• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Is It Like After Bottom Surgery?

Guest AlwaysConfused

Guest AlwaysConfused

Please let me know if I am out of line for asking this, or too forward or personal. I am a lot of years and a lot of dollars and a whole lot of people I have to come out to away from this, but I am just really wondering from a girl who has already had it, I don't know, how does it actually feel to have one? I can only imagine but I guess I will just have to wait till I get one to know. I have done all the research about dilating and all the risks and discomfort and inconveniences, everything, I know about the surgery itself, I know all that, but I am just wondering how it will physically feel once I have it. If this is an inappropriate question then please, moderators, don't let it be posted. :unsure:

Hey girl, I think the same thing all the time...it seems as though I have all this information about the "procedure" but I would love to learn a little more about how the girls "feel"...what is it like? how does it feel? is it what you thought? is there anything that people don't seem to mention thta you feel is worthy of mentioning? I'm so curious to know (hopefully I gain the courage to find out some day!).

Jaymie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AshleyRF
I don't have any answers (sorry!) but I'm also interested.

Particularly, I wonder if it is possible to contract the vagina with the pelvic floor muscles?

As far as I know... this is not possible. That is one of the big differences between a natal vagina and an SRS vagina. We lack the pelvic muscles inside to constrict inside. However, I could be wrong about this because this is not speaking from experience yet. (probably sometime after next year I will hopefully be able to answer this for you :) )

As far as I know... this is not possible. That is one of the big differences between a natal vagina and an SRS vagina. We lack the pelvic muscles inside to constrict inside. However, I could be wrong about this because this is not speaking from experience yet. (probably sometime after next year I will hopefully be able to answer this for you :) )

I've read in the last few days that a hole is made in the pelvic floor muscles for the vagina to pass through (but I can't just find the link right now). I've also read that tensing the pelvic floor muscles can stop the dilator from being able to enter as far as it should (this page mentions that in the "Dos and Don'ts").

Both of those things sound hopeful! :)

Guest Leah1026

YES WE CAN

People don't realize how similar our body are structured.

Not to get too graphic, but I can grip the dilator and keep it in for a bit or push it out at will.

What does it feel like? Like it always should have.

Guest AshleyRF
YES WE CAN

People don't realize how similar our body are structured.

Not to get too graphic, but I can grip the dilator and keep it in for a bit or push it out at will.

What does it feel like? Like it always should have.

Good to know... makes me want the surgery even more now. (if that was possible) Hurry up and get here December 2010. :)

Guest Nikki A

Wahhh! I wanna know too! Why is life so sloooowwwwww..... I can wait. I have no money. I'm not even in college yet. I've got time. I heard u can use those muscles like that to, good to know!

Hugz, Nikki

• 1 month later...
Guest N. Jane
YES WE CAN

Totally agreed! If I sneeze, I can send a "toy" across the room. The first time I had an orgasm with my husband, he looked shocked and exclaimed OMG!

What does it feel like? Well, VERY sensitive, more than a GG from what my girlfriends tell me, but "what does it feel like"? I don't know - what does your right hand feel like? It's a part of me and it's there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AlwaysConfused
Totally agreed! If I sneeze, I can send a "toy" across the room. The first time I had an orgasm with my husband, he looked shocked and exclaimed OMG!

What does it feel like? Well, VERY sensitive, more than a GG from what my girlfriends tell me, but "what does it feel like"? I don't know - what does your right hand feel like? It's a part of me and it's there.

Well yeah but I mean, come on, it's got to be way different than when you had those....other parts. What is it like? Can you feel that it's there? What is it like when you first get it? These are the things you think about when you're pre-op. Or trying to decide whether or not to even do it. Or at least I do. :mellow:

Guest N. Jane
Well yeah but I mean, come on, it's got to be way different than when you had those....other parts. What is it like? Can you feel that it's there? What is it like when you first get it? These are the things you think about when you're pre-op. Or trying to decide whether or not to even do it. Or at least I do. :mellow:

If your decision depends on 'what it feels like' you probably shouldn't be doing it!

'When you first get it' all you feel is SORE! Your body has been sliced and diced and you feel like you sat on a meat grinder! (Well, you ASKED!)

For me, those 'other parts' never felt like they were part of me, kind of like they were MR. Potatohead parts that had been stuck on and didn't belong. After being rearranged and after healing, the 'new parts, just felt natural, like they were part of me but I guess my brain was already wired for that. Yes, you ALWAYS feel "it's there", just like your hands and feet or your ears - it's part of you. And yes, it is WAY different than those other parts, sort of 'sleek and smooth' outside, soft and warm inside. And that's as far as I will go LOL!

Guest AlwaysConfused

Hmm, ok, that makes sense.

If your decision depends on 'what it feels like' you probably shouldn't be doing it!

'When you first get it' all you feel is SORE! Your body has been sliced and diced and you feel like you sat on a meat grinder! (Well, you ASKED!)

For me, those 'other parts' never felt like they were part of me, kind of like they were MR. Potatohead parts that had been stuck on and didn't belong. After being rearranged and after healing, the 'new parts, just felt natural, like they were part of me but I guess my brain was already wired for that. Yes, you ALWAYS feel "it's there", just like your hands and feet or your ears - it's part of you. And yes, it is WAY different than those other parts, sort of 'sleek and smooth' outside, soft and warm inside. And that's as far as I will go LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joanna Phipps

Hopefully but June of 2011 I will have it all done and be on the mend. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to being complete, despite the pain it will all be worth it in the long run. Of course if they can get me in sooner then by ghod yes Ill take it

• 5 months later...
Guest Half_Jill

When the stints and the catheter come out, I remember that being the first sharp pain I had felt (aside from the unpredictable tearing feeling of the stitches) yet it was quickly relieved by absolute bliss of urinating through my vagina for the first time. I was so happy that I cried and laughed simultaneously. But I digress. I think the focus here is more on what it feels like after the swelling wears down.

Once the swelling and the pain wore off, I felt much cleaner. It was very satisfying not having that extra length of flesh and muscle between my legs. It felt like my body made sense. I was surprisingly surprised by that feeling, know what I mean?

After being rearranged and after healing, the 'new parts, just felt natural, like they were part of me but I guess my brain was already wired for that. Yes, you ALWAYS feel "it's there", just like your hands and feet or your ears - it's part of you.

True, it feels natural and like it belongs. However, many post op women report feelings of a "phantom penis", for lack of a better term, that some times manifests when you are peeing. Just for a moment, you might reach down out of habit to tuck your penis down toward the toilet bowl and then realize what you are doing. That is a normal reaction and the habit usually wears off when your brain and your body both learn to communicate on a sub conscious level with your new anatomy. I humbly disagree that your brain gets wired first. I believe that is taking nature for granted and I think she deserves a bit more credit than that.

I'm so glad that the initial question posed here was "How does it FEEL?". That is something that I asked many times before my surgery and found myself repeatedly unsatisfied by the answers I was given. People would say that it feels right and it feels amazing and wonderful. The words that were being chosen to describe their new anatomy were more emotional and psychological than tactile or visceral. There is nothing wrong with saying that it feels right and amazing and wonderful, of course, especially if those things are true. It's just not the whole story, because the story is different for everyone and some times it can be difficult to describe such personal feelings that one has with one's new vagina. Even the visceral ones.

Mine feels like a unique vagina, as I'm sure they all do. My clitoris is very large, larger than I expected. Especially when it is stimulated. There is still erectile tissue that remains woven into it, which is normal, that can some times feel stretched and a bit painful when aroused. A genetic girl's clit will get hard too and it's good to have that tissue remain there because it's part of arousal for everyone. Arousal is still quite pleasing, though, and all those lovely hormones still get released and help me get into those sexual moments. Pleasing, yet very difficult for me to reach climax now.

My clit feels almost like a smaller penis tucked behind the hood of my vagina. I've spoken to my partner about this and described to her how it feels and she assured me that we are not so different. I find that really encouraging despite my hang ups about the similarities themselves reminding me of having a penis. I'm not sure if that association will get easier to get used to and accept. I've also heard that it is a pretty common thing among post op trans women. Not having a penis is simply something that we have to accept and get used to, just like our insecurities before our surgery of having one. I truly hope that last sentence resonates in the way it was intended.

I hope this has been helpful information about my experiences that I'm sharing with you here.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alice4016

My gosh this made me laugh so hard :P I literally did sneeze when dilating (early on) and gosh did it hurt lol :P After that no kitties were aloud on the bed for a few months ;P

Yes you will notice there is not much difference between "those capabilities" you will have and what a GG can "do". lol..

It's a strange subject but yes, like said before it feels like it always should have, more natural :D It's really hard to explain, and something that..gosh..yes I guess it is ACTUALLY really hard to explain.

Don't worry about it right now though, it will come when it's ready, until then focus on transition and getting to a good point mentally.

• 3 months later...

Good to know... makes me want the surgery even more now. (if that was possible) Hurry up and get here December 2010. :)

I wish you nothing but the best in your surgery Ashley, mine will be about the same time next year. I'm having my FFS in May or April of 2011.

Joni

• 2 weeks later...