• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's In Your Wardrobe?

Guest ChloëC

Guest ChloëC

Since my first topic (telling one's spouse) actually went over better than I expected, I shall try another.

After reading some posts regarding wardrobes, I'm curious as to what all you/we have, where do you store it, if you have to hide it, where are some good places, how often do you update it. Or anything else you might like to share about your clothes!

Although the forum is for cross-dressers, any others (like those transitioning, for instance) are welcome to join in.

Let's see, I'll start, and at the top. I have three wigs, two brunette, both just over shoulder length, one fairly straight with bangs (I like bangs for some reason), the other a little wavy, the blond is longer (sort of a big hair, I bought it in a 'blond' moment - and I very seldom wear it anymore).

I have two dresses, one a black dressy sleeveless above the knee (the two -and others- in my early gallery pics are long gone), the other, also sleeveless but a more casual medium blue with white accents and double straps, just below the knee.

Four skirts, one tan and one black, both pencil shaped and above the knee (back zippered), the third a little white sport one that's rather short; the fourth is dark blue several inches below the knee, buttons up the front.

Three tops, a button up sleeved blouse with a muted animal print that goes with the tan skirt, a white button up sleeved blouse with pleats on the front that goes with the blue skirt, and a dark green sleeveless pullover that goes with the black.

Two pairs of shoes, dark blue pumps with about an inch or so heel, the other silver/gold strappy sandals with a 3 1/2" (or slightly more) heel.

A number of panties and bras, different colors, including a white longline, and a black strapless with garters. A black body shaper open at the legs, a panty girdle (no legs); cream thigh tops, black seamed stockings, several pairs of pantyhose dark and taupe, reinforced and nude. For sleeping, sort of a shear body suit that is extremely uncomfortable. Some accessories like clip on earrings, necklace, belts, my own cosmetics.

These all stay hidden because I have adult children that when not staying with us, still feel they have free run of the house as it's where they grew up. So mostly they're folded in a bundle or a garment bag both tucked way in the back of my closet, or occasionally in a large locked suitcase in the attic.

I actually purchased most of the above through mail order. A lot of thinking and looking as size charts, mostly I got it right, one or two things just a little roomy, one or two things a little tight. (but that's also a weight problem!!!) I once purchased a blouse at a real dept. store (way 'out of town') but a little too small. Long gone. Several items were retrieved (that my wife got, but hardly wore).

So, please share with the rest of us!

Chloë

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I've only recently started rebuilding my wardrobe after many years, so I have a very long

way to go.

But, so far I've gotten a dress, skirt, two pair of slacks, three tops, a sweater,

a pair of thigh-high boots, two pair of heels, two pair of pantyhose, and a wig.

:D

I've got my eyes on the latest Chadwick's catalogue, and already found a turtle neck

sweater that I'm going to get in both black and red. I may be able to wear them to

work with a suit, as they might pass as men's wear. :)

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Ok, Hon......

You said MTF's can have a go, too....

So....

My closet has gone down to just a handfull of male things..(good to garden in!)

I've got gobs of pesant skirts (my favorite) blouses...slacks and tops...

Undies and stockings....but, no bras! Don't want...don't need...I'm a child of the 60's ...they roam free!

I wore camosols when my nipples were real sensitive, but no longer...

And shoes...at least 10 pair of misc...

Lots of earrings (Love bigg hoops...thanks, Lizzy)

All of my own makeup and my shoulder bag.......

There! I think that I'd be ready to go anywhere!

OHHHHHH...SLOWDOWN....THERE'S A GOODWILL!!!!!

Donna Jean

Guest NatalieRene

I have two pairs of pumps, one wedge sandal, one wedge shoe, a sweater dress that I love to death, a party dress, and summer dress, a little black dress, some pants, button down shirts, a couple skirts, oh and a shirt dress which is kind of cool. I keep most of my cloths hanging up and keep the rest folded in my dresser. In time I'll just throw out my male cloths as soon as I don't need them anymore.

• Admin
2 babydolls, 1 teddy, 1 chemise, 6 thongs, 3 g-strings, 2 bikinis, and a hi-leg brief. Oh and 1 costume

Hmmmm. I take it, Amy, that you're not acquiring a workplace wardrobe just yet? :D

If you are, I want to know where you work! :P

Carolyn Marie

Not nearly enough! <_< I'm a total shopaholic..it will never be enough! :P Lots of panties, a couple bra's, a couple nighties, nylons, a pair of heels (I want more shoes and some thigh high boots sooooo badly!) a few skirts and blouses. I absolutely love shopping and clothes...i'm getting back into better shape right now, so as soon as that is done and i get back to my target weight, i'll be going on a shopping spree! :D If that isn't motivation, I don't know what is!

Hugs

Jaymie

Guest MissAmy
Hmmmm. I take it, Amy, that you're not acquiring a workplace wardrobe just yet? :D

If you are, I want to know where you work! :P

Carolyn Marie

I'd rather not say where I work. It's retail, and I'm trying to find a new job at the moment. I don't even underdress (wear panties underneath boy clothes) at work.

Guest Charlene_Leona

I've got a double closet full of clothes plus my dresser is full as well, oh what a joy being full time almost three years. The only thing I don't have allot of is shoe's but I'm real picky about what I put on my feet. Every time I bring something new home Larry complains because I've run out of my space and he's afraid I start using up his.

Guest MissAmy
WOAH! NICE!

Now, do you have shoes for that, too? I REALLY like the shoes that she is wearing!

Huggs...

Donna Jean

Nah, I don't have any womens shoes at all. I really wanted those heels she's wearing though, but I didn't want to spend the cash on it yet, especially since the shoes wouldn't leave my house.

Guest ChloëC

"Now, do you have shoes for that, too? I REALLY like the shoes that she is wearing!"

Ah, yes, the MaryJanes with outrageous heels. <sigh>

I actually ordered twice several years ago from that costume place (Hollywood Costumes) in Florida that has that elaborate web site (and I think some MJ's were in an order). The first time was just as all those hurricanes hit, and their warehouse got flooded out, the second time, my order just seemed to disappear. I never lost any money, but it was frustrating. And now? I guess I'm past that.

Thank you all for contributing! I'm thrilled with the responses so far!

Hugs to all

Chloë

Guest Donna Jean
"Now, do you have shoes for that, too? I REALLY like the shoes that she is wearing!"

Ah, yes, the MaryJanes with outrageous heels. <sigh>

I actually ordered twice several years ago from that costume place (Hollywood Costumes) in Florida that has that elaborate web site (and I think some MJ's were in an order). The first time was just as all those hurricanes hit, and their warehouse got flooded out, the second time, my order just seemed to disappear. I never lost any money, but it was frustrating. And now? I guess I'm past that.

Thank you all for contributing! I'm thrilled with the responses so far!

Hugs to all

Chloë

Oh, Bummer about losing the shoes like that!

I'll tell you something...

I love shopping and buying clothes...Friday and Saturday nights for me are "date" night here at home with the wife..I get dressed to the nines!

But, as I get closer to full time, my clothes have gotten a little more practical..

I'm 100% out here at home and dressed all the time one way or the other...and heels and a tight, short skirt are NOT something to mow the yard in!...LOL

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest MissAmy

Well I got my package in the mail, it only took 2 days for it to hit my PO box

IN it includes

83094.jpg

a white teddy with sleeves (I didn't really need another one but it was dirt cheap)

a wig

and neon pink tights. I should've gone for the traditional black but I couldn't resist.

I haven't even opened the box yet, and I have to take a shower before I try this stuff on, maybe if I get some courage maybe I'll model the princess dress with my face blocked out.

Guest MissAmy

Alright I just got done trying all this stuff on.

First I tried on the teddy, and it was not very good. It was hard to tell the back from the front and the back of it is between a thong and a bikini. If I had to give it a score, it'd be a 3 out of 10.

Next were the tights, and I really liked them, but I wish I could've gotten a brighter shade of pink.

Then the wig, which fits pretty well and looks pretty good.

Then I tried on the princess dress, which was awesome. It feels good, looks great, and I look halfway passable.

• Admin

"Veni, vidi, Visa (we came, we saw, we went shopping)"

Jan Barrett

Guest Donna Jean
Alright I just got done trying all this stuff on.

First I tried on the teddy, and it was not very good. It was hard to tell the back from the front and the back of it is between a thong and a bikini. If I had to give it a score, it'd be a 3 out of 10.

Next were the tights, and I really liked them, but I wish I could've gotten a brighter shade of pink.

Then the wig, which fits pretty well and looks pretty good.

Then I tried on the princess dress, which was awesome. It feels good, looks great, and I look halfway passable.

Ah ha!

See? I said that the wig should work out pretty good!

Too bad about the teddy, though.....

Now...The fit on the Princess dress and how you look and feel??? AWESOME!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Kayliegh

5 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of capris, 4 skirts, 3 dresses, 12 assorted tops/shirts, 15 pairs of panties, 7 bras, four pairs of leggings, 7 pairs of nylons, a corset, 5 wigs, 15 pairs of shoes/boots - I probably have forgotten something - and it's getting tough to keep things hidden!

Kayleigh

Guest nayomi2438

Where to begin? Out closet is one of those wide ones that has separate doors but is not separate inside. My wife hs her side and I have mine. The comfortable clothing goes in between the two sides so if anyone sees the closet open they can’t tell what’s my wifes or not. Since women usually have more stuff it only makes sense that it would infringe over to my “guy” side. Does not draw any attention.

Now the inventory. Over the years, when purging, I have probably thrown away more clothing, hosiery, shoes and undies than most women have in their closets. Now I am one of the lucky ones because my wife not only tolerates my desire she supports it. I sometimes think she enjoys it more then I do. Since I am currenlty a size 18 just go to Ross or Roamans and I have just about everything they sell. We literally stand in front of the closet and stare for minutes to decide what color and then what dress or skirt. As I type this I am very comfortably wearing a light brown lined skirt with black wavey stripes (almost a leopard design) , a solid light brown drape neck top, black bra, black panties, black stay up stockings, and last but not least a very very comportable pair of black four inch high heel oxfords. For accent I have a lovely pair of silver and gold clip on wide hoop type earings and a bracelet to match. Almost all of which the wifey picked out for me.

Another great day getting home and ripping off those pants, shirt, and flat shoes! I’ve got it so bad when driving home from work I ask myself,” Are we there yet?”

Guest MissAmy
Ah ha!

See? I said that the wig should work out pretty good!

Too bad about the teddy, though.....

Now...The fit on the Princess dress and how you look and feel??? AWESOME!

Huggs

Donna Jean

The best thing about the princess dress is that it feels like a real dress instead of the strawberry shortcake one which feels like a halloween costume. I do look adorable in it, I might take a picture if a few people want to see it. I do feel kinda weird having a black wig when Peach has blonde hair. My natural color hair is brown which can get red-ish during the summer.