• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Rest Of The Lgbt Community...

Guest Sophie

So I went to a youth resource center for LGBT and its pretty much a place where teens can go and hang out, make friends and stuff. But I don't seem to be able to fit in. Well I'm a preppy girl to begin with, and I'm shy. So pretty much most of the time I was there, I just stood around looking akward. Now there probably all of 3 people there who are trans, but I've yet to meet more than one of them. And I guess I just stood out, No one there looked like the kind of people I'd enjoy hanging out with. Don't get me wrong, the people are really nice, but I just can't seem to feel like a part of the Queer community, because I feel like I'm just a girl with a birth defect, and I just want to be seen as a normal girl.

Does anyone else have feelings on this one?

Guest Shanetastic

That's one of my problems right now too with a support group I go to. I don't really understand and "connect" with most of the people there. I'm just working on being normal, because that's really what I am I feel like. I don't really feel the need to associate with anyone from the lgbt community. . . Just because I just don't feel like that's me. No offense to anyone who enjoys the community or anything, this is just my personal opinion.

Guest Bethany

I too feel very much this way, with a growing need to be social and a desire to find the sort of support that that can only come from folks with simular experience, it feels as if once again I'm a day late and a dollar short. The Gender center in my town doesnt currently have any mtf groups. Its just another day of being alone in a crowd...

Bethany

GoooooooodddddEvening Girls,

The hardest thing to do as a new girl...Is Reach Out...Dare To Be Different... Push You Limits...

You Are Getting To Be The Gender Of Your Choice...Celebrate...Don't Be A Wall Flower.

Talk,Make Friends ...Go Up And Just Say Hi...Take A Chance...Be Who You Truly Are.

No we do not fit in with the gays,because of the fact that we are not gay...Just Girls.

That does not mean that you can't find those girls,seek them out and make a friend.

You can find comfort in most any situation...If You Just Try.

Miss Bethany...Have You Thought Of Starting You Own Support Group?

Believe me there was a time when i looked into the possiblity of doing just that.

I had been searching fruitlessly for my support group,and was at that point of need...I Understand.

The greatest thing each of us can do for ourselves is to not allow any negativity what so ever period.

If you make a mistake,don't do something,have to let your man out sometimes...That Is All Right.

Oh well,i'll do better next time...Let Negativity Roll Off Like Water Off A Ducks Back...

Think Positive Only Positive...Use The Law Of Positive Attraction...Good Attracts Good...Positive Only Positive>Be Who You Truly Are...And Chose To Be Happy.

This is Your Opportunity To Remake Yourself Entirely Taking Only What You Want Discarding The Rest.

Dare To Be Different...You Can Do It...Trust Me You Can...Just Take A Chance And Reach Out.

It Is Worth The Effort For The Satisfaction It Will Give You.And That Is The TRUTH.

BIG BIG BIG Huuuuugggggssss...

Love,Angelique Michelle(Angie)

Guest Bethany

/hugs Angie, my post does come across as a bit negative, however one must identify the hurddles in order to go around them. I will not give up. I consider the growing need I have to be social to be a very positive and welcome change. Since that post I had found where all the mtf in my town had gone, there is a a paticularly popular PshyD that is seemingly hording them all out at the University of Denver Pshychology center. Point taken on living within the positive though. My goal is to get in the kind of support group, that one can build on and allow for an integration of sorts within groups of greater diversity. Dang Angie thanks for reminding me that friendship does not come when it is sought, but when it's not. Happiness is a major attractor element to friendship. /smiles...

Hugs back at ya!

Bethany Joy!

Guest kunoichigoddess

sophie i agree with what you say about being a girl with a birth defect, the few gay people i know all hate my guts and i dont know why i never even brought up my "birth defect" (sorry but those words help me to know that its not my fault ive never used them before, makes me happy to know that i am a girl just defected as bad as it sounds >.>) but i think thats why we dont necissarly get along with others is because were not gay were women

Guest GoldenKirbichu

I, personally, get along fine with other members of the GLBT community. I know a few gay guys... I have yet to meet lesbians though. ): I'd like to. I enjoy broadening my horizons.

Technically, I fit into the community even though I identify as a male [with a birth defect] because I'm not a straight male. So I fit into more than one spot in the GLBT spectrum. But I'm not exactly a flamboyantly non-straight male... so some of the culture specifically doesn't appeal to me, simply because I'd rather just get settled into the new role I'm playing in social situations first before making any sort of major public stance.

I haven't gotten any strongly negative reactions from the gay guys I know. Most are actually understanding. Maybe it's because I'm a transman, and so they recognize the masculine traits in me? Or maybe it's because I'm not appearing like a flamboyant gay male, so I'm not threatening to the public image of gay people? Whatever it is, I don't produce much hostility. Usually just surprise and understanding, and some empathy as they realize how I must feel sometimes.

i had that same problem whenever i talk to the girls here too. I feel different too :(...then again, they're more along the popular group and I am and was always more of a geek.

Guest Rika-chama

Just be glad you know others in the glbt community. I'm basicly it in my town. There's a few bisexuals almost no gays and definately to trans. The nearest support center is about an hour away from where I live. I would love so much to be able to talk to another trans person in real life. I don't care if they're MtF or FtM just someone.

Ni-paa~