• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

2nd Real Attempt At Makeup

Guest Steph70

Guest Steph70

Alright, here's a couple more pics:

If only the top half was as nice as the bottom half!

same pic, just the whole me ;)

So how did I do on my makeup? I know I still have a little beard shadow. I have days where I can shave close, and days where it looks like I haven't shaved lol.

Stephanie

Keep in mind I'm usually rubbish at assessing this sort of thing most of the time.

I think you look better in the third pic than the second. It might just be the light, or maybe with the distance the beard shadow is a little more noticeable? It also might be your facial expression...smile, right?

The third pic is really pretty good. I dunno if you're quite passing yet 100% here, but you're getting close in this pic. I think the make-up looks reasonably good, but like I said I'm not so good with this sort of thing.

Pól

Guest Steph70

S'ok, I'm not so good at the makeup yet lol. Just asking for the honest opinion. The beard...seems I grow hair fast everywhere on my body, except the top of my head :banghead: . I have to shave everything every day or I'll just be hairy again in a week! I have a pretty shaky hand so the eyes are rough. I'm working on it though :rolleyes: .

Stephanie

Guest Donna Jean

Steph....

Listen up.......

You know whats going for your face?

Your eyes are INCREDIBLE!

Ok...enough of this from me...

You're nice and tall....slim..good..

You can pass that way...

But, those eyes...ya gotta work that angle...

It's what you have that is extraordinary...

OMG!

OK...That is my opinion.....OK?

Much Love...

Donna Jean

• Admin

Stephanie, I agree with Donna Jean. You have lovely eyes, excellent facial features, and fantastic legs. You're doing very well, girl.

Very well indeed.

Carolyn Marie

Guest SusanKG

Hi Stephanie,

Uhh, what's wrong with the top half?

I agree with the girls, very pretty, especially the eyes, though I suggest evening out the bangs. Don't worry about the eye makeup; from my observation over the years, birth girls with much more practice can botch it real well. I think that it's mostly psychological, working very close to the eyeball can be nerve-wracking for a while until you get in the habit. It can be done - I've seen women sailing down the highway putting on mascara - I guess steering with their knees! And they think cell phones are a menace!

Anyway, good work, and keep us up to date.

SusanKG

Guest Margaret

Steph, nice job on the lips, something I just can't seem to get the hang off. If you just keep plodding on with the make up, eventually it will fall into place, and you'll be applying it in no time.

Margaret

Steph,

You have AWESOME legs, and you show them off so well, an amazing feature! Nice curves too! Do you have something on to give you that nice butt shape?

Your makeup is way beyond what I've mastered, and the lips are fantastic..Looks like you're well on your way. I have a thing for shoes (what girl doesn't?), and those fit that outfit perfectly! Did you order those online or get them at a store?

Hugs,

Alissa

Guest Joanna Phipps
So how did I do on my makeup? I know I still have a little beard shadow. I have days where I can shave close, and days where it looks like I haven't shaved lol.

Stephanie

Some kind of wrap to cover that Adams apple and you have it girl. I think the one that looked like the shadow was showing was more the light than anything since in the closeup it wasn't noticable

Steph you got it going on girlfriend,

Second attempt at makeup... really it looks like you have been doing makeup a long time, your eyes and lips are fantastic.... smile more though. Your adams apple is quite noticeable in the 3rd picture but a choker or scarf will cover it, no biggie, i do not know if you go out in public as Steph but if you do you might want to look into removing your facial hair, you have light skin and looks like dark hair, laser should work good for you, i asked the woman who did my laser hair removal if many men did this and she said lots, and that was before i told her i was trans, i would have removed it regardless if i transitioned or not, i just hated shaving.

Looking good Steph

Paula

Guest Steph70

You know, I keep reading this(all the replies) over and over, and just start giggling like a little girl! Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. I know I have always had a feminine side(everyone has both male/female sides...just how much is it suppressed). I am a very nice male, soft spoken, caring, etc..so my I'd say my two sides are pretty equal. Now, just to clarify, this has nothing to do your body. I am just always trying to be that 'good person'. I have to say also that when I'm dressed up, my personality leans a lot more to the feminine side. Not quite multiple personalities, stop..don't tell them that!, oh be quiet you! No, I won't be quiet! Listen, I'm dressed, and on my website, so it's my time! grrrrrr*mumble mumble...*

Ok, where was I? Oh, yes...I've never had a great opinion of myself, female or male, so coming here and getting these compliments is so lovely. My girlfriend of course always says I'm cute or sexy, or a beautiful girl as well. But I mentioned before she's biased lol. Some day I hope to believe it myself. Oh, and some day she may actually say hi( she joined as a s/o last week but is shy, and 'doesn't know what to say'....but just wait until she gets the first post in heehee).

Donna Jean and Carolyn Marie, I'm quite surprised my eyes look blue. They are hazel. But my girlfriend(God I wish she'd post already!) says they are 'mood' eyes like she has...they change color with your mood. And blue to me is one of the prettiest, and I have to tell you, I've been in a pretty good mood lately(since I've found all you :rolleyes: ). And looking back at that closeup, I would say my eyes are pretty! And I've always thought my legs looked nice. Which is why I said that about the top looking as good as the bottom half.

O boy I'm starting to get long winded....

Miss Aeyrn, I have always had that 5 o'clock shadow. Just can't seem to get rid of it lol. It's really annoying even when I'm not en femme...

SusanKG, I just think my bottom half looks more girlish...but with proper posture and getting the makeup down(and a better self-image), that will change...and putting the eyeliner on my bottom eyelid tickles soooo much! Add that to my shaky hands and could lead to a disaster! :lol:

Margaret, just looking at your avatar, your lips look great! And everything else makes me want to practice more so I can look as good as you!

Alissa, no padding on my butt, that's all me! Maybe the tight pantyhose squished it all up into one place! My shoes are from Kohl's department store. They are one of my favorite pairs. I've only gotten one pair online. For some reason buying shoes is much easier than clothing to me. Go figure. Probably because I'm such a 'shoe girl' too...I think one of my first posts on here was about how I had to go back and get a pair of shoes I saw at the store. I couldn't resist them lol.

Ty for the compliment Viv, you are making me :blush: .

Joanna, I know I have to do something with my adams apple. I am so darn skinny that it just pops out even more :( . My girlfriend also mentioned my elbows are 'man elbows'. I never noticed that before she mentioned them lol. I've also noticed the shadow thing. These are all taken in the house(obviously) which has very little lighting..so I will have to experiment with different lighting, and possibly going on my deck(o God o God outside?!?!) to get the natural lighting. I am new to the photography part(and the 'to the nines' part). So with practice, and great advice and opinions from all the great folks here, I'll get it!

Paula, this is my second attempt at trying to do the whole package. I have put on lipstick and mascara before, but that isn't a pretty picture lol. All stubbly with lipstick. And I only looked in the mirror when applying it and taking it off. It probably didn't look good, but made me feel better at the time. Now, since finding this site, I am exploring myself a little more and that means making myself look like I feel. I think one of the problems with my beard is that I don't shave every day. Never have. So if I do that religiously, it will get a little better. And moisturize my face! I've noticed wrinkles while applying my makeup! And wrinkles will completely ruin my fantasy of 39 going on 25 :blink: .

Enough for now, everyone is probably crosseyed from reading so much...

Thanks again for the lovely complements!

Love ya all,

Stephanie