• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Signed Up For Laser

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I checked around town a bit and found a nice convenient place with a friendly staff and good hours.

I was relieved that my facial hair is dark enough to do laser. Donna Jean's vivid description of her electrolysis makes me squirm. :blink:

All things considered, I think I would rather have my finger nails pulled out one at a time than go through that.

They did my chin to show me what it was like and I tolerated it real well (once I got over the initial "shock" of being zapped).

So I signed up for the two-year plan and had them do the rest of my face. Surprisingly, it only took 25 minutes to do my entire beard

area, upper lip (ouch!) and neck. Of course, they told me I won't notice anything dramatic until after 4-6 monthly sessions, but that's OK.

At least I know I'm on the road to a smooth, (relatively) hairless face.

Now, where did I leave that checkbook? Oh, that's right, I just gave all my money to the laser center. I don't need a checkbook! :P

Carolyn Marie

Guest NatalieRene

My place that I go to gives discounts to the trans community and was very accommodating in allowing me to make installments on paying for my package of laser treatments over time. It was still very expensive though. THe good news is though that after three full sessions and two maintenance sessions for the muzzle region of the face my facial hair is significantly reduced. I have two more full sessions to go which should eliminate the vast majority of the remaining hairs. I might have to do one more laser session afterwords if there are a number of remaining strays but I do know I will have to do some electrolysis for the hairs that where not quite eliminated but started growing back white.

Guest sarah f

Congrats on the laser purchase. I have been 5 times already for my beard and let me tell you it is almost all gone. There is just a little left on the chin and upper lip. Most everything else is gone. You will love it. The first couple of treatments don't hurt too bad but when they start bumping up the voltage of the laser it really starts to hurt. You might ask them about a numbing cream for when they start to bump up the juice.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest Donna Jean
I checked around town a bit and found a nice convenient place with a friendly staff and good hours.

I was relieved that my facial hair is dark enough to do laser. Donna Jean's vivid description of her electrolysis makes me squirm. :blink:

Carolyn Marie

ONE................AT...................A.....................TIME!

Donna Jean

Guest NatalieRene
Congrats on the laser purchase. I have been 5 times already for my beard and let me tell you it is almost all gone. There is just a little left on the chin and upper lip. Most everything else is gone. You will love it. The first couple of treatments don't hurt too bad but when they start bumping up the voltage of the laser it really starts to hurt. You might ask them about a numbing cream for when they start to bump up the juice.

Love,

Sarah F

Either I have a lower pain tolerance then you or darker facial hair hurts more but laser seems to hurt no matter what setting they use.

When the laser starts to hurt just keep telling yourself the pain means it is working.

Guest julia_d

It hurts less and less as there is less hair to zap.

Only thing is it really bites when you have metal in your teeth. I can taste the iron in my crown after a session.

Expense? .. I paid £1400 before I found out that my application for funding had been approved £600 earlier.

• Admin
It hurts less and less as there is less hair to zap.

Only thing is it really bites when you have metal in your teeth. I can taste the iron in my crown after a session.

Expense? .. I paid £1400 before I found out that my application for funding had been approved £600 earlier.

I'm a bit lucky as far as hair density goes. My beard is not very dense, just my upper lip. I found the pain quite tolerable, and although they gave me

an ice pack and warned me about feeling my skin warm afterwards, I didn't need the ice and felt no discomfort at all.

My center has a no-interest payment plan over 18 months, so its really not that bad. Oh, and for anyone considering starting, American Laser Centers

has a 35 per cent discount for new customers through January 31. Good deal.

Sorry Dee Jay, uh, have fun at your next session. :rolleyes:

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Just a quick update:

Two days after my treatment, and I wake up to find my face looking like a teenager's (no offense to the teens here).

Lots of pimples and red splotches, especially on the upper lip. Ugh! :(

Oh well, with every step forward there's the possibility of...white heads. :huh:

I put on a little foundation and it looked MUCH better. They did warn me that this might happen, and that it would dissipate in a couple of days.

Thank the Goddess for makeup. :)

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean
My center has a no-interest payment plan over 18 months, so its really not that bad. Oh, and for anyone considering starting, American Laser Centers

has a 35 per cent discount for new customers through January 31. Good deal.

Sorry Dee Jay, uh, have fun at your next session. :rolleyes:

Carolyn Marie

Just what are you trying to say, Sis?

Why, I just Love laying there and getting them burned outta my face one at a time!

Congrats on your sessions, Carolyn...you're crossing boundries every day...Good on you, GF!

LOVE & HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Bon Voyage Carolyn, I had my last laser last Sat morn.

Will start electro over the next few weeks. The woman

who did my laser is giving me 4 makeup lessons over

the next 4 weeks. you will get used to laser but the under

nose and along the jaw line will always OUCH, just an

idea hun, ask your tech to do your under nose /upper

lip area first ,,,oh the joys of womanhood :D luv,viv :)

Guest Donna Jean
What's the difference between laser and electrolysis?

Thought they were the same.

Nope....not at all.......

Laser...uses a beam to burn small areas at a time. You don't see immediate progress as the hairs that were zapped fall out over the next week or two....

Electrolysis...A probe (needle) is stuck into each hair folicle and zapped to kill the folicle..the hair is then tweezed out...One at a time...about 10 seconds per hair...

But, your results are immediate! Right now! And they never return!

Does that help a bit?

Donna Jean