• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Religous And Political Agenda Using Children

Guest Wayne

Editors Note

This was sent to us by our member Wayne. He is the father of the little transgendered girl who is at the center of the controversy. This article is about what the Maine Christian Civic League is trying to do to this brave family.

MHRC Transgendered Schoolboy 'Rights' Press Release

By Mike Hein, Administrator; [email protected]

Jan 25, 2010 - 3:50:15 PM Email this article

Printer friendly page

The Christian Civic League of Maine has issued the following press release in response to the Maine Human Rights Commission issuance of transgendered schoolchildren ‘rights’ proposed guidelines:

The Christian Civic League of Maine is appalled by the latest outrage by radical homosexual activists. Less than two weeks after Bruce LaVallee-Davidson was convicted of shooting South Portland resident, Fred Wilson, after a night of homosexual debauchery, gay activists have disclosed new state guidelines requiring schools to allow young children to have access to facilities of the opposite sex. Under the proposed guidelines, boys who self-identify as female will have access to girls' sports teams and cheerleading squads, girls' bathrooms, and girls' locker rooms.

The proposed guidelines by the Maine Human Rights Commission (MHRC) originated from an incident at the Asa C. Adams Elementary School in Orono, where a young boy sought use of a girls' bathroom on the basis of his confused sexual identity. The school reasonably offered a compromise solution in which the boy was allowed to use the secure faculty bathroom. The boy's parents rejected the compromise, and filed a complaint with the MHRC. The parents then sued the Orono school system.

In arriving at the proposed guidelines, the MHRC consulted with homosexual lobbyists, the Maine Office of the Attorney General, and principals and superintendents during a closed-door meeting on December 15, 2009. The MHRC will take up the guidelines again on March 1st, and has promised that hearings on the matter will be open to the public. Although the recommendations are offered to public schools, colleges, and other educational institutions in the form of 'guidelines,' schools which violate the 'guidelines' will be brought before the Commission, and may be subject to further legal action.

The Christian Civic League of Maine believes that these new 'guidelines' are not merely an error in judgment on the part of the MHRC. Rather, they represent the latest effort by the homosexual lobby to impose their confused views of human sexuality on society at large. The homosexual lobby has obtained its goals by a strategy of incrementalism, taking an inch of ground at a time in the expectation that society will someday capitulate entirely.

But the latest demand by the homosexual lobby is quite intolerable, having sunk to the level of an impossible absurdity. Gay activists are now demanding that young girls believe and publicly acknowledge that a biological boy in their locker room is, in fact, a girl. Gay activists are now demanding that their own private mental delusions about sex be accepted as public policy. By issuing this demand, radical homosexual activists are asking all of us to participate in a form of collective moral insanity, a mass delusion spread by the homosexual lobby and their misguided - and perhaps malevolent - enablers in Augusta.

The Christian Civic League of Maine calls on all Maine parents to attend these upcoming public meetings and voice their strong opposition to the proposed 'guidelines.' Further, the League calls on all citizens to protect their vulnerable children from the homosexual lobby and their enablers in Augusta by contacting their state legislators and stating their firm opposition to these proposed Maine Human Rights Commission 'guidelines.'

Send us feedback on this page by clicking here

Copyright by Maine Family Policy Council. All rights reserved.

Top of Page

• Root Admin

The following article is relevant to the above post.

EQUAL ACCESS State agency prepares new guidance for schools to prevent sexual orientation discrimination

BY MATTHEW STONE

Staff Writer

01/24/2010

BY MATTHEW STONE

Staff Writer

Nearly five years ago, Maine's anti-discrimination laws expanded to cover discrimination based on sexual orientation.

Now, the agency charged with enforcing those laws is preparing new guidance for public schools on preventing discrimination against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students and staff.

This effort is an outgrowth of a 2007 case in Orono, in which the school department denied a transgender student access to the girls' bathroom. The commission heard the case in June 2009 and ruled the school department had discriminated against the student.

The commission's guidance will help schools and colleges identify unlawful discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation, and provide guidance on proper accommodations for transgender students.

While this process is similar to guidance the commission developed for workplaces two years ago, Maine is one of the first states to address the issue in educational settings.

Commissioners will review the guidance for schools and colleges at a March 1 meeting, according to its counsel, John Gause.

The guidance -- which represents the commission's interpretation of the Maine Human Rights Act -- is not legally binding, Gause said.

"The coverage in this area is fairly new and untested," he said. "We're issuing the guidance and hopefully the guidance will educate everybody about what the commission feels their rights and responsibilities are."

'Consistent with identity'

Commission staff started work on the document after the Orono case, in which a transgender fifth-grader -- born a boy -- was denied use of the girls' bathroom after a male student followed her into the rest room.

The male student, according to court documents, was prompted to do so by his step-grandfather, who was working in conjunction with the Christian Civic League of Maine, a socially conservative advocacy group.

The commission found the Orono School Department discriminated against the transgender student, who had long identified herself as a girl and dressed in female clothing, by denying her access to the girls' bathroom.

A lawsuit is now pending in Penobscot County Superior Court against the Orono schools, brought by the commission and the transgender student's parents.

A draft of the guidance obtained by the Kennebec Journal affirms that, in schools, transgender students should have access to bathrooms that are consistent with the gender with which they identify.

For example, if a student born a boy has consistently identified as a girl, she should have access to the girls' bathroom, according to the Maine Human Rights Commission.

"The guidance is going to have the same effect as the commission's view, and the commission has already decided the issue of transgender access in schools," Gause said. "Transgender students should have access to a bathroom that is consistent with their gender identity."

The draft guidance also says transgender students should have access to athletic locker rooms consistent with their gender identities, and they should -- with a few exceptions -- be able to join sports teams that align with their identities.

The same access applies to any academic program or facility, according to the draft guidance, which still could be amended before it's approved.

"If you feel that's who you are, most schools have actually had a pretty easy time accommodating those kids," said Mary Bonauto, the civil rights project director at Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders, a New England advocacy group.

Public process?

The guidance is being developed under an internal Maine Human Rights Commission process that doesn't call for public hearings or use formal rulemaking procedures.

While they haven't asked for public input, commission staff have consulted with several organizations interested in the guidance's outcome.

Staff members, for example, invited representatives of Maine school principals and superintendents, school and college athletic directors, the state Department of Education, the Attorney General's office, civil rights advocates and others to a Dec. 15, 2009, meeting about the guidance.

"In the school context, where they haven't had regulations, it was incumbent upon (the commission) to help schools understand what the law requires," said Bonauto, who attended the meeting.

Bonauto said the commission guidance is a "good first start, but it's clearly not the end of the road."

"I think it was important that the commission stepped up and remind people that discrimination on sexual orientation is not permissible."

But others have called on the commission to use a more public process in developing the guidelines for schools.

"Regardless of where you come down on it, it's a substantial policy issue," said Bruce Smith, a lawyer for the Maine School Management Association, which represents superintendents and school boards. "Open this up to the people who have their boots on the ground in schools, and think this through before you jump ahead and issue guidance for which you have not solicited a full range of views."

Smith's firm, Drummond Woodsum, is also representing Orono in the transgender student discrimination case.

Gause, the commission counsel, said the guidance for schools is a first step toward formal rules on par with regulations that outline how employers can avoid discrimination based on sexual orientation.

"What the commission is doing by seeking input from organizations on all sides ... is to better understand the issue and the implications of its interpretation," he said.

The formal rulemaking process, he noted, would include public hearings and be open to input from the general public.

"This is not that process," Gause said of developing guidance. "It's a relatively informal process."

Guest i is Sam :-)

Ignoring for a moment that this has nothing at all to do with homosexuality, something which we're unlikely to ever convince these people of.

Can't people understand that when homosexuals push their 'radical agenda' all they ever ask for is respect and freedom, they never try to force anyone else to do or be anything else.

in contrast to these normal, god fearin' folks who's agenda includes punishing anyone who isn't exactly like them.

Guest April63

Well, you do have to admit that letting a boy use the girl's room sounds a little absurd.

Remember, not everyone accepts and views transsexuality in the same way. One person could say this is about a boy using the girl's room, while another says it's about a girl using the girl's room. This is what the problem really is. It's not about the bathroom, gender, or sex. It's about how people view this situation.

While there are some errors in this article, (like the references to homosexuality), I think it is important that we accept these beliefs and not hate those who have them. We are no better than them if we cannot do that.

Ignoring for a moment that this has nothing at all to do with homosexuality, something which we're unlikely to ever convince these people of.

Can't people understand that when homosexuals push their 'radical agenda' all they ever ask for is respect and freedom, they never try to force anyone else to do or be anything else.

in contrast to these normal, god fearin' folks who's agenda includes punishing anyone who isn't exactly like them.

That's exactly what I was thinking...

It's like,

Christian Homophobe: WE SHOULD ALL BE STRAIGHT. GAYS SHOULD BE PERSECUTED. NEVER allow gay people access to.. ANYTHING we "normal" people use! ... Gays shouldn't be protected either. I mean, so what if we fire them?! THEY'RE GAY DEMONS. Oh and those transwhateveryoucall'ems? THEY'RE GAY PEOPLE IN DRESSES!!! PUNISH THEM X100! -probably don't realise how many transmen they've seen-

LGBT Person: ...I just want to be able to use the bathroom, go to work, own a house, not be discriminated against, adopt, and get married like anyone else...

Christian Homophobe: *long pause* ... YOU RADICAL!!!

Guest Joanna Phipps
That's exactly what I was thinking...

It's like,

Christian Homophobe: WE SHOULD ALL BE STRAIGHT. GAYS SHOULD BE PERSECUTED. NEVER allow gay people access to.. ANYTHING we "normal" people use! ... Gays shouldn't be protected either. I mean, so what if we fire them?! THEY'RE GAY DEMONS. Oh and those transwhateveryoucall'ems? THEY'RE GAY PEOPLE IN DRESSES!!! PUNISH THEM X100! -probably don't realise how many transmen they've seen-

LGBT Person: ...I just want to be able to use the bathroom, go to work, own a house, not be discriminated against, adopt, and get married like anyone else...

Christian Homophobe: *long pause* ... YOU RADICAL!!!

I have "watched" and paid close attention to 12 days of testimony in the Prop8 case and Eth you have summed up nicely the heart of the D-I's case. It isnt about the law, fairness, justice or any of the things this country supposedly stands for. It is about the Christian dogma, Christian Theocracy, and Christian bigotry. I am not saying that all Christians are this way, far from it, but the ones who launch things like prop8 and who fought long and hard to keep sodomy laws in place until The Supreme Court struck them all down in Lawrance V Texas. It is part of an on going attempt to keep the "sexually and morally deviant" in their place and that is outside the mainstream, just like the old time leper colonies. I am sure they would love to ghetoize us like the Germans did to the Jews and others who didnt fit their ideas of racial purity and superiority. 

Well, you do have to admit that letting a boy use the girl's room sounds a little absurd.

Remember, not everyone accepts and views transsexuality in the same way. One person could say this is about a boy using the girl's room, while another says it's about a girl using the girl's room. This is what the problem really is. It's not about the bathroom, gender, or sex. It's about how people view this situation.

To be honest... the idea of having "boys" and "girls" rooms at all to me sounds a little absurd. I mean... it's a bathroom... If people are concerned about privacy, perhaps they should just make the stalls more secure and the walls bigger to avoid peeping? I don't see why urinals are necessary at all when you can pretty much do the same thing with a regular toilet - just lift the seat up and you're good to go. But if people really wanted them too, why not put them to the side?

Really, the whole idea between separating boys and girls seems to be because they're worried about people making sexual advances or acting provocatively when they see the opposite sex's body parts exposed. Okay ... so make it a bit more secure so you don't see the body parts. Even if you did, SO WHAT? I mean really. It's a piece of a body - get over it. If someone saw my naked body and found it attractive, I'd be like "Okay, whatever"... and that's saying a lot when I personally hate my body. I might be like "Thanks!" if I actually agreed XD. Really, I don't see how anyone is hurt by someone else potentially finding them or a part of them attractive. It's only a problem if the person acts on their impulse... and honestly I think anyone who would do that, isn't going to be stopped by a sign on a door. It's a bathroom, really. There's only two things people do there mainly :rolleyes: and there's no reason to go all "EWWW A BOY" or "Oh my goodness R girl DOING IN BATHROOM?!" ... I thought cooties were for Preschoolers?

Then there's the fact that not everyone is clearly defined as male or female. There's transgender people, transsexuals, androgynes, neutrois, agenders, bigendes, trigenders, multigenders, pangenders, genderfluids, genderqueers, non-genders... the list goes on... where do these people go if there's only a door for male and female? Even the transsexuals/transgenderists/etc. are out of luck because they're not "clearly" defined as male or female.

And last but not least... Going back to the reason behind there being separate bathrooms in the first place being that people are afraid someone else will "see" them... um... doesn't that assume that not only is there only male and female... but also that every single person in the world is straight? Really, we KNOW these things to be false so the whole reasoning behind there being separate bathrooms, locker rooms, etc. falls apart right there.

And you know, the people who call us deviant are the same people who tend to support no abortions, "abstinence before marriage", and go off on riots about sex in the media, sex with teens, etc etc etc. ... you know, sex isn't a bad thing... but the more we make it out to be, the more we're going to see these problems. It's basically teaching kids that sex is candy they're not allowed to have. They're going to roll their eyes, go "yeah whatever" and do it anyway. If we treat sex like "oh yeah, it's there. It can be a good thing for some people. People should practice safe sex, and here's how... etc.", then it's a hell of a lot more likely that more teens and adults will practice safe sex and be less inclined to go nuts over it. Also, people are just plain curious what everything in this world is like. If we scream up and down that men can't see naked women and women can't see naked men, THEY'RE GOING TO WANT TO SEE THEM... and it's going to be a "bad" or "sneaky" or "funny" thing. The image that comes to mind is a boy walking by naked, and two girls epically blushing and pointing 'down there'... or a boy getting some sly grin on his face because he peeked in the girls locker room. These people are curious and because we keep telling them "You're BAD BAD BAD".. they come to believe it. Then they associate themselves with "bad behavior".. and continue the trend. Perhaps if they just saw it, and no one cared, that "thrill" wouldn't be there. The "bad" behavior would be ignored instead of getting any kind of attention - whether negative or positive. It'd just be "Oh. Yeah. That's a body part." and then they'd move on with their lives.

So what's my argument backing up that theory? Well, look at gay and some transgender people who live in a world where they're constantly exposed to the bodies of people they are attracted to. Seeing as LGBT people are about 10% of the population.. does nobody find it peculiar that, by no means, are 1 in 10 of those kind of cases conducted by LGBT people? Like really, when was the last time you've heard of a gay guy peeping on his fellow male student in a locker room? How about a lesbian randomly groping another girl in a shower? Such incidents are SO rare because the extremely few people who do that sort of thing, are the same type of people I talked about earlier who act on impulses. The vast majority of people do not, and really end up not caring. For the gay guys who see other guys undressing in the locker room, at the very most in general, they might think "Hey that guy is kind of hot" and then go on with their business. So in all honesty, with all things considered, why should we care enough to have separate bathrooms? I don't care. Do you?

But okay, putting all of that aside and talking about what we do have here and now...

While there are some errors in this article, (like the references to homosexuality), I think it is important that we accept these beliefs and not hate those who have them. We are no better than them if we cannot do that.

I do totally agree with that. There's no reason to hate anyone. But I also want to go back to this...

It's not about the bathroom, gender, or sex. It's about how people view this situation.

EXACTLY how I feel. The problem is that society is still stuck in backward thinking and we really need to express ourselves and teach people quite simply, who we are. We shouldn't hate anybody... but we shouldn't let them walk all over us either. I'm not a doormat just because I'm a minority. We need to see change and stop homophobic and irrational thinking. I really hope that one day we'll have a world where really, truly, nobody cares. Where nobody cares what other people do with themselves and their lives. Where nobody cares that the couple across the street is gay. Where nobody cares that the person using the stall next to them is transgender. Because in reality... do any of these things matter? And if so... WHY do they matter? I haven't seen a single good argument for why they do.

All the anti-equality arguments that I've seen so far go off about "values", "morality" and quite often, religion. So um... with an argument like that I have to ask. Why does ONE GROUP have the right to impose their "values", what they call "morality", and their RELIGION on every other group? No really... why should I have to base my life on what someone else believes?

The practical part of me wants to say in the areas of bathrooms, it's all about plumbing, so common sense dictates that one uses the plumbing based on one's own plumbing.

Yes unise bathrooms just make sense, and frankly if you're going to have urinals they really out to be at least somewhere designed for privacy.

However just agreeing with the bit about gay people in bathrooms, I've been to the bathroom in a gay club quite a few times, and no body has ever tried to rape me, somehow the 'sexual devients' managed to contain their evil, lustful urges despite being in proximity to that which they're biologically attracted to.

I do totally agree with that. There's no reason to hate anyone. But I also want to go back to this...

Actually I don't, I agree with Dawkins here, Ignorance should be treated with education, Arrogance should not be tolerated.

People are free to believe and do whatever they want as long as they leave me the heck alone. But even then I still wouldn't accept idiocy, I will tolerate it to the extent that I will not try to force other's to believe or do as I do, but I will never respect their opinions.

The practical part of me wants to say in the areas of bathrooms, it's all about plumbing, so common sense dictates that one uses the plumbing based on one's own plumbing.

As humorous as that statement may seem... it doesn't sound like a laughing matter to those who's plumbing doesn't match their identity and thus can be treated poorly for using any bathroom... or to those who's plumbing is neither male or female or both.

Guest Elizabeth K

WAIT WAIT WAIT

Great dialoge and discussion here! Great points made!

But let me add : We NEVER want to judge people and say they HATE us - they most probably don't because (1) they barely know we exist, (2) they have zero undrstanding of what we are! (3) they only see sinsationalized accounts on EVERYTHING! [PUN INTENDED]

So they suspect that the internet is full of perverted people out to get their kids! The idiotic nature of television 'news' reporting, and the super-market tabloids make even the most humane thinking person say "I donno? Danger lurks everywhere now."

What do we have here? A need to educate people. Tough job when we are maybe 90,000 and they are 306 MILLION! (USA figures). Do the math - we are probably 40,000 undiagnosed (invisible) - 30,000 in some stage of treatment or transition (visible) - 20,000 fully transitioned (usually invisible again)

We are 30,000/306,000,000 = one in 100,000 - thats we who are visible (USA).

So each of us has to convince a good portion of a hundred thousand people that we are human beings.

TOUGH SELL

This sort of TOPIC really helps!

BUT PLEASE - don't BASH those who are genuine spiritual people. Many of us T-people are included in that catagory. April is somewhat correct - people see it as a 'boy' wanting to use the 'girls' bathroom. They don't understand what gender dysphoria is. We say this 'boy' is and always has really been a 'girl.' They question it. Why?

WELL EXPLAIN IT TO THEM!

"A journey of a thousand miles... " all that...

AND

I suggest peole look at the idea of why we have separate restrooms for the 'sexes'

We don't want boys and girls together! EVERYONE! If you want to know about sex, ask a ten year old! My wife teaches the 3rd grade. They are SO in the know!

So separation - different restrooms - TODAY? Keep them from fooling around! But a trans girl is just as much in danger of getting assulted in a male bathroom as a natal girl!

Where is that argument?

When dressed as am apparent male - I use the mens room.

When dressed as an apparent female - I use the ladies room.

Its for my safety! I long ago got over the novelty of passing, and using a woman's restroom. No urinals - different types of vending machines - BIG DEAL. I have been sitting to pee for 15 years - more comfortable and you can adjust your underwear when you finish! The biggest drawback is, the womens rooms sometimes have a wait - so you have to plan ahead to avoid peeing in your panties! HA!

Sorry!

Lizzy

Oh oh oh - sometimes they have the nicest hand cream in a woman's restroom. Plus - someone always has aspirin or antacids in their purse if you need it!

ATTENTION GOD!!ATTENTION GOD!!,,,If you really do exist will you please tell

those God fearing freakin lunatics who claim to follow your rules/regs etc that

we ,,who belong to the GLBT , want to love ourselves , our brothers and sisters

and would really like to be left in PEACE . Thank you , luv,viv :)

Guest NatashaJade

But I can use the plumbing in the ladies room as well as the gents. With few exceptions, most have some version of the same plumbing.

Luv

Gin

Guest Danielle17

Personally I always use the disabled toilet if I know anyone in there (when I actually have the time to dress as myself in public, I can't at home or school so it's not often). I don't want ladies I know who know *him* to feel upset or put upon, especially as sometimes I still dress as male around them. It's not that much to ask to use the disabled really.

If I'm not with anyone I know however, I go for it and use the ladies. I am a woman, despite my downstairs birth defect, and frankly if I went in the men's dressed as myself it would be extremely embarrassing and I'd probably get punched.

In this instance it seems like the best way forward is to have what they have at my school, toilets which are basically just like disabled toilets (one room with one toilet and a sink) but for everyone. Much nicer and MUCH cleaner (plus it gives me a chance to make sure I'm tucked away properly - I wear ladies trousers to school and you can see a distinct bulge if I'm not! :huh: )

Guest AshleyK

What I find really disturbing is that they seem to be comparing a transgendered girl to a murderer. Wonder what they would think if we compared every Christian to Hitler, after all Hitler was a Christian...

Guest Ryles_D

I really don't get the problem. I can respect the desire to not urine in the same room who clearly has breasts or a beard- but that's actually fairly irrelevant to what's in your pants. I really wish we'd just have more unisex bathrooms. It'd make life so much easier.

So a woman who lives full-time, has been on hormones for years and has managed to transition legally should risk her life- both literally and figuratively- by using the men's room just because she doesn't want/hasn't been able to get SRS?

And what about people with ambiguous genitalia? Should they just hold it because they don't have "normal" plumbing so don't have the right to access "normal" people's plumbing?

I think the simple solution would be for people to just mind thier own fracking business.

When I go to the bathroom I have a single task to complete and it doesn't involve anyone else.

• Root Admin

Unfortunately, a bigot's mind doesn't work that way. It's either their way or not at all.

Guest April63

The problem with unisex bathrooms is that they take up too much space. And for most people, a bathroom is a bathroom. You go there and do you business. So replacing normal bathrooms with unisex ones is unheard of.

The problem with unisex bathrooms is that they take up too much space.

Get rid of the wall between the "men's" and "women's" rooms, add some more stalls, and now it takes up less space!

And for most people, a bathroom is a bathroom. You go there and do you business. So replacing normal bathrooms with unisex ones is unheard of.

Isn't that the whole point of the unisex bathroom? "For most people, a bathroom is a bathroom. You go there and do your business". Well umm... why do you need two separate bathrooms to do that? With that exact logic - that people just use a bathroom for y'know; bathroom purposes - doesn't that totally validate the idea of just doing away with segregated bathrooms and having one anyone can use?

Guest April63
Isn't that the whole point of the unisex bathroom? "For most people, a bathroom is a bathroom. You go there and do your business". Well umm... why do you need two separate bathrooms to do that? With that exact logic - that people just use a bathroom for y'know; bathroom purposes - doesn't that totally validate the idea of just doing away with segregated bathrooms and having one anyone can use?

But you still may want separate bathrooms. Just because you go to the bathroom for the bathroom doesn't mean that you want other people in there with you. I think having separate bathrooms is still a good idea, and there are probably things we are overlooking.

What do you need to do outside of a stall that could possibly require segragation? wash your hands? reapply your lipstick? Is there something i'm overlooking.

Guest julia_d

april again stands up for the right wing religious divisions.. there are many places across Europe where unisex bathrooms are now the norm.. and do you want to know something? .. in MOST countries there is NO LAW stating which bathroom you have to use.. it is purely social convention not a legal requirement.. Again the religious right (cup cakes by any other name) are making an issue about hate where none needs to exist.

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Only really degenerate jerks target children for their hateful campaigns. I really hate the religious right. What business do they have governing our toilet habits?

Guest Anna_Banana

...And the homosexual agenda strikes again! I knew they were plotting to undermine our youth. Get the hemlock, quick!

.Anna

Disclaimer: This post is solely for the purposes of humor. Any likeness to people, places, and events is purely fictional. Rules subject to change. Limit one per person.