• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wearing Panties Full Time

Guest Chrissy Peach

Guest Chrissy Peach

I've been thinking more lately about my feelings about wanting to be a girl lately and I think I've come up with a good idea for my next possible step. The thing is, I'm not completely sure I want to change my sex, but I have been wanting to try wearing panties 24/7. I feel this is a good idea for now because it is something I can do secretly. I also think there is a chance that this alone may make me happy enough that I won't want transition further.

Honestly, a lot of my desire to change my sex is a desire to wear womens underwear (and sometimes I kind of want to experience a woman's monthly visitor. While I'm aware that there is no way for me to ever be able to menstruate, I feel that being male doesn't stop me from wearing the underwear I want to and at the very least wearing maxi pads for about 7 days a month.

Now comes the part where I need advice on making this change. I have in the past attempted to wear panties and pads for extended periods of time, but the longest it has ever lasted was about a day. My main problem is that I also get aroused by wearing them. Obviously, this has to stop and wearing panties has to become to me a normal thing. Does anyone have any advice on how I might achieve this? I've thought about either easing may way in and just wearing panties before introducing pads or just going for it right away and wearing panties and pads right off the bat. Either way, I would eventually get to keeping a period calendar to track when I would wear pads for my "period."

So, would either of these methods work for me or is there a better way? Also, what feminine products would you recommend? Usually I get Always super long with wings and I've found them to be fairly good. I've also wonder if I should also keep overnight pads on hand to wear while sleeping and if wearing pantyliners while not on my period would be a good idea. I kind of want to use what a typical woman would on her period (so a pad that actually works even though I don't really need to worry about leaks and obviously tampons are out of the question for me.

Wow, that is quite a lot. I do hope this in the right forum, but if it is not please move it to the one most appropriate for this topic.

Guest ~Brenda~

Well Chrissy :)

First, I would recommend that you simplify your goals. In this, I mean, let go of the menstruation part of your experience at this point.

All I own and all I wear are panties. They are my panties and nothing fits better.

Yes, I do think it is a good idea for you to wear panties as often as you can. The arousal aspect, I would expect to fade away as you become accustom to wearing them. I never had the arousal experience myself.

As you become comfortable with wearing panties and wearing them seems as normal wearing the shoes that you wear, the next step to consider is tucking :)

Anyway hon, which ever path you choose, try to keep the steps simple...OK?

One thing at a time. Get used to wearing panties. The next step will become clear to you :)

HUGS

Brenda

Guest ChloëC

Chrissy,

There are a number of different styles of panties - bikini, hip huggers, full, and all shades in between. You might want to look into what style you are most comfortable with. While I happen to like bikini style, I've found that they just aren't that practical for long wear. And of course, there are unisex underwear. My spouse got me several that have no front opening.

Try the different styles and see which is actually more comfortable for you. And as Brenda has said, just give wearing various items, time. Eventually, like so many things that once you begin doing it regularly, it will become normal. Nothing wrong with being aroused, but that's most likely because you only wear them at special times. So, you can always keep multiple sets, some for daily wear, some for special times.

Hugs

Chloë

Guest Krystyna_Marie

Chrissy - I had the arousal problem as well. I started sneaking into mum's underwear drawer as a very young boy (11?), and early on associated dressing in mom's panties with physical, and sexual arousal, which I always "satisfied", when old enough to do so!

You'll get over it after you wear panties for a week or two, you simply can't be aroused in them 24/7 :P It becomes so normal you don't think twice. I still hunt for just the right pair in the morning, depending on my mood it's boy shorts, bikinis, or old lady, satin, spandex or cotton. I might notice them while attending to my business in the restroom during the workday, but it will normalize.

There are lots of levels of transgender, I think, I rarely go out en femme, but I have a few times. I'm in the closet to all but my wife, who knows, is grudgingly accepting (a whole highway there, I've probably mentioned it elsewhere on the board). I realized about two years ago now (age 41) that I am a heterosexual transgender, specifically a crossdresser. I am sitting at the computer now in bra and panties, breastforms (sz 8/40D), 3" heel boots, and my single earring (left ear). I've thought about transition, I regularly shave my underarms, my chest, shaved my leg down to my toes and up to my (blush) this winter, and I love this (!), but it's probably as far as I go. I'm a professional in a conservative company - my earring caused a stir, but otherwise I'm suit/tie drab (except for the shaving and the undies) every day. Sticking it to the man, in my own private way.

Kisses - KM

Guest Robin Winter

It's a good step. I had a similar issue with the arousal thing, at first, but I promise it goes away quickly after you've been wearing them full time for a bit. I think it's more of a "I'm excited that I'm finally doing this" kind of arousal, not a sexual thing. It definitely becomes normal, but not in a blah kind of way. It just feels right ^_^ As soon as I had enough to keep me going between laundry days, I tossed all the old ones out, never to look back again!

Be warned though, it can become an obsession really quickly. I can barely close my top drawer now, and I don't even own any bras yet :blink:

Guest Krystyna_Marie
Chrissy - I had the arousal problem as well. I started sneaking into mum's underwear drawer as a very young boy (11?), and early on associated dressing in mom's panties with physical, and sexual arousal, which I always "satisfied", when old enough to do so!

You'll get over it after you wear panties for a week or two, you simply can't be aroused in them 24/7 :P It becomes so normal you don't think twice. I still hunt for just the right pair in the morning, depending on my mood it's boy shorts, bikinis, or old lady, satin, spandex or cotton. I might notice them while attending to my business in the restroom during the workday, but it will normalize.

There are lots of levels of transgender, I think, I rarely go out en femme, but I have a few times. I'm in the closet to all but my wife, who knows, is grudgingly accepting (a whole highway there, I've probably mentioned it elsewhere on the board). I realized about two years ago now (age 41) that I am a heterosexual transgender, specifically a crossdresser. I am sitting at the computer now in bra and panties (+ my tight ladies jeans, and a ribbed tank top -- I just realized I left those out when I first posted!), breastforms (sz 8/40D), 3" heel boots, and my single earring (left ear). I've thought about transition, I regularly shave my underarms, my chest, shaved my leg down to my toes and up to my (blush) this winter, and I love this (!), but it's probably as far as I go. I'm a professional in a conservative company - my earring caused a stir, but otherwise I'm suit/tie drab (except for the shaving and the undies) every day. Sticking it to the man, in my own private way.

Kisses - KM

Oops! I left out that am also wearing ladies jeans and a tank top - not just sitting around only in my underwear :D

Guest Elizabeth K

This is a slippery slope topic. I know there are others besides MTF trans like me - so I have to take that into account. Plus, I did what I thought was cross dressing for 61 years.

On the first part, being truly MTF - you discover that clothes simply become 'yours' regardless which part of the store you bought them - ladies or gents. So you wear what ever gives you the affirmation of what you are - and what makes sense. I would never wear boxer shorts, for example, now I wear my girl jeans all the time. It just doesn't make sense to me. I found the high rise panties fit me fine - and I wear them all the time - and have adequate selection so I don't run out between washings. My biggest problem is not getting them mixed with my wife's (mine are a size smaller - and that way I respect her personal property. I threw out the obviously male briefs and boxers three years before I started transitioning - there are men's briefs that look and function like women's. When I went full time - I got rid of those also. Way before, I was always fearful someone would see - not anymore - it is so... routine. It's what I am and what I wear.

I also would once wear bras all the time. When I went on HRT and started developing I felt strange wearing a bra with padding it. So I decided to wait until I fill a bra in naturalloy - getting close now - and only wear a bra when it makes sense - usually to keep from showing my nipples.

Second apart - the erotic and self-gratification aspect of wearing women's underwear. It is a part of crossdessing I sort of enjoyed, the secret thrill of it all, but it isn't that long lasting. After a while it just gets routine. If it makes sense to you, then use ladies underwear - if they are a pain to maintain or if you start to feel too guilty, don't use women's undewear. And it won't solve your gender dysphoria. Underwear is just a part of dressing - and it just happens to be concealable.

And that said - I think for me it is an affirmation of what I really am - a woman in mind and soul, changing my body to match. Panties are what women wear, so I do.

Hope this helps

Lizzy

Guest Chrissy Peach

Well, I've gone almost a full day now in panties. After the initial feelings, it is starting to feel more normal. In fact, I don't know as I feel any different of person wearing women's underwear instead of mens. I think I'm still going to try adding maxi pads to what I normally wear, but I don't think that I'lll worry about trying to emulate the whole monthly cycle thing. I think I'll just approach them like I am panties and just try wearing them for a few days until it feels normal. If I decide that it doesn't feel right or that I don't like it, I can just simply stop. I don't know if fuy transitioning to fully being a woman is for me as I do kind of enjoy a good mix of masculinity and femininty. This just feels like something I can do to add a little femininty to my everyday without having to go 100 percent.

Guest ~Brenda~
Well, I've gone almost a full day now in panties. After the initial feelings, it is starting to feel more normal. In fact, I don't know as I feel any different of person wearing women's underwear instead of mens. I think I'm still going to try adding maxi pads to what I normally wear, but I don't think that I'lll worry about trying to emulate the whole monthly cycle thing. I think I'll just approach them like I am panties and just try wearing them for a few days until it feels normal. If I decide that it doesn't feel right or that I don't like it, I can just simply stop. I don't know if fuy transitioning to fully being a woman is for me as I do kind of enjoy a good mix of masculinity and femininty. This just feels like something I can do to add a little femininty to my everyday without having to go 100 percent.

Sweetheart :)

What ever works for you and whatever makes you feel right, is the most important thing :)

Explore, explore, explore!!!

There is no pressure. There is no contest. Be yourself and know that exploring is OK!!!!

HUGS

Brenda

Guest Krystyna_Marie
Sweetheart :)

What ever works for you and whatever makes you feel right, is the most important thing :)

Explore, explore, explore!!!

There is no pressure. There is no contest. Be yourself and know that exploring is OK!!!!

HUGS

Brenda

+1, Brenda!

I started out wearing panties, Chrissy. No male underwear for me. After that it was a bra. I was aroused in the beginning but things settled down. Now, I am a transgenderist.

Gennee

:D

Guest Selkia

Hello Chrissy,

^^ well heres some advice for helping to stop the Arousal part

heres a few things you can do...have a cold water shower in the morning,

should help, and have your clothes close to the washroom so you can grab the clothes

right after your done with the shower dry yourself off and put on the panties, Normally Cold

makes male parts pull closer to the body for warmth and at this time getting an erection is harder if even possible,

now as for the panties you should wear ones that are tight..by tight i dont mean so it leaves red marks after you remove them. but tight enough so it holds parts in place this helps with tucking later...you can also wear a pair over top of that pair this makes it harder for you to get an erection and even if you do, it will be less noticable.

one main thing is dont think of very sexual things relating to panties because this will just make you get an erection, dont really think about the panties in that way and after a week or two you shouldnt get any erections

~Sel

Guest Emily H

Chrissy, you show me once again, I'm not alone.

i always wanted to wear panties full time. Actually, I want to be a girl full time (personally, i can't mix- I just cant), and yes, ive always had the desire to experience periods, especially with the tantalizing sanitary pads. And, with panties, the arousal comes. Why? Because its an amazing feeling, that's why ;).

I've since dropped the idea of having a period, because from my girlfriend, I know that it is a horrific time indeed. In some ways, I'm lucky not to deal with it, in others, im not so lucky.

If my panties ever arouse me (when they are daily wear panties, not something super sexy), this is what I do.

I self gratification. Take very deep breathes for about five minutes. Arousal gone. and it doesn't come back for that duration of my wearing.

Arousal gone, comfy panties on. Hey, it rhymes :).

~Emily

• 7 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Wearing panties all the time is pretty much the only way to go. Been doing that for such a long time now, and can't even imagine wearing any thing else. It becomes routine, so the "arousal" effect seems to diminish after time. As far as pads, I happen to use "Always" brand panty shields here once and while, they are useful for those "wet" times that do occur from time to time. I don't try and follow a cycle, however I have more of a need for them about 1 week out of the month (just me).

I happen to like Maidenform, Vanity Fair, and of course Victoria Secret brands here.

Peace and may you find "panty pleasure"

Cindy -

MMMMMmmm... panties :P

I love em and have been in nothing but panties everyday for about 3 years. Before that it was a once in a while thing out of fear of people seeing. I only do thongs as that is the only thing that for me is comfortable. I had not had the arousal thing with panties, but sometimes with new heels. I think it was about being excited to open a shoe box and see gold(heels), jewelery for the feet. Hearing so many talk about arousal over things they wear is interesting.

I have a friend who when she comes to visit will shop up a storm. She likes to come over and sit in my room trying everything on. She is an exhibitionist as it is routine that she just comes in and strips nude with excitement and anticipation of trying on her new items. I aksed her if she gets aruosed sexually from it and she said, "oh hell yes". Now i just wonder if other women get aroused as well and if so is it just excitement over new clothes and the thoughts she has of being in them. Or thoughts of how she imagines she will look and the compiments she may get when in public? i wait for her next visit so i can ask her more questions.

Guest miss kindheart

You go girl :)

Shred those shorts , and buy only panties :D

I think quite often the difference between not being and being and Transsexual is noting more than a fine line of self acceptance.

Follow your heart , and be true to yourself

<<< hug >>>

:wub: vanna

• 3 weeks later...

The thought of a life with panties and bra would very inviting what so ever.

Most of my "male underwear" has ended up with a very practical purpose, as either ending up as dusters or polishing clothes

Patricia :) :)

I began wearing panties full time around 1998. At first, they had lace and whatnot, but I became paranoid that someone in a bathroom stall may see them under the wall while I was doing number two, or they may become visible if I bent over and my shirt pulled out. Then I found a brand called Love Pats at Wal-Mart. They didn't have lace, but provided the feel that I liked so I bought them.

About a year later, Wal-Mart stopped carrying them. After searching the 7 Wal-Marts in the area, I finally found the Love Pats site on line. I couldn't get the colors I liked, but I still enjoy the feeling, so it's been whites ever since. I only wear male underwear where I feel I may have to expose them, like a doctor's visit or a situation where I have to share a room during conventions or conferences.

At one point, I felt I was MtF, but now, I don't feel I have to be female 100% so it's knickers at work, then my female attire when I get home. Having been ask to move out by my ex, it enabled me to relax on my own. For a long time, I worried about the kids or family just dropping in, but that rarely happens anymore, so I just lock the door and if anyone knocks on the door, I'll ignore it if I'm dressed.

Which brings me to Wigs and Make up. In addition to clothing, I've been wearing my wig at night and have started experimenting with make-up. Ladies, how do you get used to not touching or rubbing your eyes after applying eye shadow and why do all the professional how-to videos have someone else doing it. It's not like I can go in and have someone do it for me yet...

Like the others said, do what you're comfortable with, it's not a race. If something doesn't work or feel right, don't do it. And take full advantage of the season to get what you want. This time of year, no one thinks twice about guys or girls buying for the opposite sex. It's like running through the fields of flowers. And if you're still nervous, go on-line, make a list of things "your girlfriend" wants for Christmas and ask the sales rep for help in locating it. It's worked every time for me. And in my family, it was a Christmas tradition that Dad bought my Mom new undies every year... hmmm, I wonder if Dad had any secrets? :-)

Well, like your grandma told you, just make sure there clean! Oh, and avoid the TSA at all costs!

IN seriousness, though. I too, like most started out wearing panties instead of men's underwear, and eventually threw out all my men's underwear long before I even considered going full time. Arousal was never a huge problem for me. Once I went full-time arousal over what I was wearing went away completely. I get aroused still, often, as most humans do, but not due to what I'm wearing (unless is something saucy for my GF). The only awkward situation I ever dealt with was due to the fact that at the time I worked in a place that involved changing in the men's locker room. My shirts were usually long enough to hide what underwear I had on, but there was a scary moment was when I realized my trip to the beach in a bikini the previous day resulted in a sunburn. I looked like a lobster Victoria's Secret model displaying a white demi bra. Fortunately I was alone in the locker room when I saw that one!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cdcrazy

Hello Chrissy,

^^ well heres some advice for helping to stop the Arousal part ...have a cold water shower in the morning,should help... Normally Cold makes male parts pull closer to the body for warmth and at this time getting an erection is harder if even possible.

[The] main thing is dont think of very sexual things relating to panties because this will just make you get an erection, dont really think about the panties in that way and after a week or two you shouldnt get any erections

~Sel

I've never understood that thing about cold showers. Cold water on my parts gets me aroused and I gather I'm not alone in that. However it may work for you. I think the real answer is just not to think about it at least until you get used to it. I've exclusively worn panties for years and even though wearing female garments in the right circumstances gets me really aroused I have managed to separate the day-to-day situation from the sexual one. That doesn't mean I don't ever think about it and I do sometimes get a bit of a thrill from the fact that no-one knows I'm underdressing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jolianna

I enjoy wearing panties as well, especially the silk ones. I also wear cotton ones at times. For me, they fit better and are more comfortable and thats the main reason I wear them, fit and comfy. but I will say that I also feel 'sexy' to in them but not to the point of arousal.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pamela Kim

I feel silly, since I want to become Pamela full time some day, but I have not gotten the courage yet to wear panties under my male clothes.

It would be a next step for me, to know that at least secretly for now I am Pam even if I have to dress as a male, but I have been afraid to do so.

I wear basic white cotton Hanes briefs, and if I make sure my shirt is tucked in the panties would not show and nobody else would know.

I tell myself this, but I still can not make this step. I need help to get over my fear and move further to my goal as full time life being Pamela.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest talitha

I wear panties full-time. I love the nice fabrics & how they look & feel. Men's underwear is so boring compared to what women have a choice of? There is an element of eroticism, yes, but that isn't the issue for me. For me it was a case many years ago, of 'How come the girls get to wear such nice things & guys aren't allowed to?' I doubt too many girls would understand but I've never stolen off clotheslines: happy to shop for my own & that in itself is fun.

Talitha

I wear panties full-time. I love the nice fabrics & how they look & feel. Men's underwear is so boring compared to what women have a choice of? There is an element of eroticism, yes, but that isn't the issue for me. For me it was a case many years ago, of 'How come the girls get to wear such nice things & guys aren't allowed to?' I doubt too many girls would understand but I've never stolen off clotheslines: happy to shop for my own & that in itself is fun.

Talitha

I agree Talitha. There is defintely a fun aspect to shopping for different styles which never seemed to apply when shopping for mens clothing. I work in fashion retail, and I find it hard not to resist the different styles nowadays. I find shopping very fulfilling nowadays :rolleyes:

Guest talitha

I agree Talitha. There is defintely a fun aspect to shopping for different styles which never seemed to apply when shopping for mens clothing. I work in fashion retail, and I find it hard not to resist the different styles nowadays. I find shopping very fulfilling nowadays :rolleyes:

Shopping is such fun! It doesn't worry me to browse the racks at all now. Hope you have as much fun as I do, Nina

Talitha