• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Growth In My Brain

Guest divatswun

Guest divatswun

aint this about a $%#^% I am finally clean and sober (except cigarettes) finally have my own pad just me and my three bunny rabbits. Penelope, ROger and Sage. anyways, yesterday I got the worst headache I have ever had that was accompanies by myseeing like shapes floating, then From what I am told i fell out, almost got hit by a bus. Anyways I come around at the hospital, and they are telling me that I have a growth in my brain. The growth is expanding my brain which causes the headaches and seeing shapes. Anyways, I just cant beleive it...im 36. I thought I still had time to mZAKe my life worth it before I die,,,,maybe not.. I wasnt supposed to leave the hos[pital, but I did....I just cant think of the words to accuratly describe how Im feeling right now. I have no family left so im not worried about anyone being hurt by my returning to dust so to speak....but what about my sweet little bunnies? Those three little guys are the ONLY ones preventing me from getting a serious "screw it" attitude. And boy, let me tell you the kinds of crazy things that goes through ones mind when there is no future for them...

My rabbits are sooooooo spoiled, I mean they are never in a cage and have free rein of my entire apt... what to do what to do....no one will take care of them like I do,,,no one.....they even have blue eyes. Well, i think ill maintain until i get some more testing done for their sake. If it turnsd out im a goner, maybe I should just do them and then myself,,,no sense in suffering

Guest swee'pea

Hi divatswun,

<<< hug >>>

I am so sorry to hear of your problem.

Please don't hurt yourself.

None of know how long we are gonna live, and neither do you.

I know you think that this is the end for you, but miracles of medicine happen everyday.

It sounds like what you describing is a tumor.

Their are many people that have beaten such things.

Please try and keep a positive attitude, you still have the miracle of life inside of you.

Try and not think about what you might not have, but instead think of each day that you do have.

You are never given a problem without there being a gift for you in it's hands.

Just look for the gift in all of this, I'm sure it is there.

with love from,

:wub: vanna

Guest 91curiouskitten

if it IS a tumor you dont need to fret to much, my Science teacher juinior year ahd one, and she was teaching again before the schoolyear was over

Guest Alex Blitzen

i have a brain tumor and a lung tumor and I am 22 years old. I had the tumors for years. I am currently in remission, You can overcome it, there may be times when it becomes difficult, but stay positive... you can make it :)

Do listen to Alex,

There is the voice of experience - you can survive a lot of things and no one can really tell you exactly when you are going to die unless they are going to kill you because nothing is carved in stone, there are always chances and a lot more than just your rabbits care about you.

Never go by just one doctor's opinion - get another!

The main thing about beating any ailment is to believe that you can.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest My_Genesis

Sorry to hear the bad news :(

Best of luck with getting the results though! Not all "growths" (tumours, whatever) are cancerous.

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Terrifying news-and your mind can't help leping immediately to the worst possible scenario I'm sure.

But you aren't there yet and may not be for a long long time. Maybe never from this

I know a wonderful woman who has had brain cancer for over 20 years. She is one of the few unlucky ones-hers comes back periodically- but I wish I had half her pure zest for life and energy. She has her surgeries when they are necessary and bounces right back up and gets on with life without a murmmer.

I've lived in a sort of tumor hotspot for much of my life-the farmbelt where chemicals are rampant-has the highest tumor rate in the US-and one thing I've seen unmistakably is that attitude is everything. I've seen the least sick succumb rapidly and the supposedly terminal have many,many long years. It's more up to you than you can believe-should it be the worst-and you don't even know that yet.

There are growths that are easily treated and never come back. Way too early to panic. Actually the time to panic is never but you know what I mean.

I but I send my love and thoughts. Please keep everyone posted

JJ

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Clockwork

Life deals us the hands were given for a reason. It might not sound like much coming from someone whose only 9 and you being 36. I haven't had nearly as much experience in life as you. But it were not for troubled times and situations such as your, people wouldn't value life. I don't recommend doing yourself or your bunnies in. See if there is anything can be done first. If there isn't make the most out of the time you have left.

Life can be cruel, we all understand this. But what we also must understand is that life can show mercy as well. I can't say i know how you feel or know what your going through. But the age old phrase still remains true to this day. It's always darkest before dawn. If you cannot find a reason to keep living until your expiration date, who will?

I'm not sure if any of what have said will help, but having not even met you, i wish you the best.

CLKWRK