• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Advantages Of Buying Quality Breast Forms

The Advantages of buying quality breast forms

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/breastforms.aspx

This site gets tons of email, up to 1500 a day. They range on a variety of topics from advice, crisis's, personal stories and even complaints or praise for Transgender products used by the community. If I get too many complaints about a business or product than their links on here get dropped. Some companies though are everything they claim to be and more and really are dedicated to our community. Such a business is the Breastform Store which has served the Transgender community since 1993. I ordered from this company many years ago and was happy with my experience. Others apparantly are happy too as this is one of the few that we have never had a complaint about. In addition this store is one of our supporters here.

As most of you are aware almost every product out there has been copied with a low quality cheap version by other companies and even countries like China and others. Within the last few years dozens of these knock-off products have been recalled. Some are even hazardous. Toys with lead paint are just one example. You can bet that the materials used are not the same as the original which had tons of testing and research done in product development. Copycats don't go through this process. Often the cheap products look identical. However their quality is sub-standard. A few years ago there was A chinese make-up company selling cheap knockoff cosmetics and lipsticks laced with harmfull chemicals such as lead. Even Chinese dogfood was making pets sick.

Quality and safety matters especially when a product comes in close contact with your skin and costs more than a hundred bucks. What if the product oozes harmful oils and chemicals that gets absorbed into your skin? This can happen with some Chinese breastforms sold on ebay. It's best to buy from reputable dealers that use recognized name brands that have been safety tested. The Breastform store is very reputable as well as being dedicated to our Transgender Community.

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/

Laura

• 2 months later...

I have purchased breast forms on two occasions from Nancy at the Breast Form store. She is very helpful and I love the forms. For me I can't feel like a woman without weighted silicone breast forms.

quote name='Laura' date='08 May 2010 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1273335212' post='183970']

The Advantages of buying quality breast forms

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/breastforms.aspx

This site gets tons of email, up to 1500 a day. They range on a variety of topics from advice, crisis's, personal stories and even complaints or praise for Transgender products used by the community. If I get too many complaints about a business or product than their links on here get dropped. Some companies though are everything they claim to be and more and really are dedicated to our community. Such a business is the Breastform Store which has served the Transgender community since 1993. I ordered from this company many years ago and was happy with my experience. Others apparantly are happy too as this is one of the few that we have never had a complaint about. In addition this store is one of our supporters here.

As most of you are aware almost every product out there has been copied with a low quality cheap version by other companies and even countries like China and others. Within the last few years dozens of these knock-off products have been recalled. Some are even hazardous. Toys with lead paint are just one example. You can bet that the materials used are not the same as the original which had tons of testing and research done in product development. Copycats don't go through this process. Often the cheap products look identical. However their quality is sub-standard. A few years ago there was A chinese make-up company selling cheap knockoff cosmetics and lipsticks laced with harmfull chemicals such as lead. Even Chinese dogfood was making pets sick.

Quality and safety matters especially when a product comes in close contact with your skin and costs more than a hundred bucks. What if the product oozes harmful oils and chemicals that gets absorbed into your skin? This can happen with some Chinese breastforms sold on ebay. It's best to buy from reputable dealers that use recognized name brands that have been safety tested. The Breastform store is very reputable as well as being dedicated to our Transgender Community.

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/

Laura

• 4 weeks later...

The one thing I enjoy besides panties are the feel of breasts and the thought that I could have been reached puberty and have had real breasts but alas that was not the case, so having breast forms and the weight and feel is the closest I will get and whatever the cost it is well worth it, so thank you Laura for this great suppler that helps make my life complete....

Mia

xx

• 4 months later...
Guest sara ann

I have purchased several pair of breast forms from on-line stores and was always pleased with the result until I was fitted with a pair when I had my first transformation done. They were very high quality (more expensive than I wanted to spend) but had to have them when I felt the difference. They moved with me, appeared very natural and made me feel even more feminine! Didn't want to ever take them off! They were worth the $'s.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kimberly c

Hi, please talk to Nancy at the breast form store. Weighted silicone forms feel so real. I have bought from The Breastform store,quality products and very helpful in finding the right size for you.

Love Kim

• 10 months later...
Guest samantha1967

I have only purchase one pair. But this was after months of seaching and trying to decide. I was actually trying to be cheap. Finally, I broke down a bought a $150 pair of 44D's, and they weigh 2.5 lbs each. And oh, do they feel real! The shape, the nipples, etc, are great! And the weight feels OH SO REAL! I used to stuff a bra with t-shirts, etc., and though it felt sexy, this is the best ever! I have real breasts now! I suggest with going with heavy silicone!

• 5 months later...
Guest debbie s

Yes I just love mine even tho they were 150 dollars they are worth it. I have 42 c and am so excited at looking down at my chest and feeling so natural when out in public. I feel more confident that I pass so well and no longer get strange looks from ppl. They move and giggle and can now wear so many different kind of tops that I couldnt before. I have even used the glue without a bra under a halter top and just love it. Should have done this years ago girls

Guest Pammy

I bought mine (two sets) from the Breastform store too! I agree, the heavy silicone ones are the best I ever tried, and I started with a folded sock and a little tissue!

My only gripe is that mine tend to shift around, probably due to a poorly-fitted bra. I used to use medical-grade adhesive to keep them in place, but it seems that brand has been discontinued and I cannot find any substitute that won't harm my forms. I ought to ask Nancy about that sometime!

Love

Pam

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Luuceee

I have had a few good quality breastforms before, i used holister medical adhesive but i find that tends to make them dirty fairly quick. i was probabily putting too much on them though. I need a new set now so saving up the pennies, its definately worth it to spend a good amount and get a quality pair.

Pam, do get a better fitting bra. My forms also came from Nancy at the breastform store. I just bought a new bra and increased the cup size by one size. It made all the difference in the world in how my forms look, feel and stay in place. As I posted earlier today I can't wait to spend five days 24/7 wearing my forms in this new bra.

Fran

• 1 month later...
Guest MrMxyzptlk

I am not ready to drop $150 on breasts yet, I'd rather spend that on shoes and stockings!

I made a set of my own out of balloons and Knox Gelatin. If you use enough (4 ounces per quart of water) you can get to the consistancy of Balistics Gel which aproximates human flesh for bullet tests. The only downside is you need to form them to you while warm and leave them on for a while to get them to shape right. I need to reheat mine and reset them while wearing a frumpier bra.

My recipie for breasts.

Get the large box of Knox unflavored gelatin, 8 ounces.

Mix the gelatin with cold water in a large container you can pour from.

Let set for 15 minutes or so to proof.

Heat in the microwave for a few minutes, watch for boil over. Dont let it get too hot, maybe 110 F or so.

Pour the proper volume into a two liter bottle. 500 for A cup, 600 for B, 700 for C and 800 for a D. More if you want to look like Dolly Pardon. I've got two sets now. One that fills a C nicely and one that is Dolly sized. Depends on how I feel that day as which set I use.

Place one ballon inside the other, blow the inner balloon up to about the sise you want the breast to be adjusting for the fact that this is round and you will be flattening one side. It's a bit of guess work but ofr ten buck of Gelatin you can afford to screw up.

Put the blown up ballon mouth over the mouth of the 2 liter bottle. Hold tight. I recomend doing the rest of this in a large bowl with a lid over it just in case. It took me an hour to get all the gelatin off the counter tops and I'm still finding bits here and there.

Tip the bottle over and let the gelatin displace the air in the ballon. If you guessed right this happens real fast and clean. ALl the gelatin will be in the ballon.

CAREFULLY let out any extra air as you take the balloon off the bottle and tie it when all that is in it is gelatin.

Refill 2 liter bottlle and repeat for number 2

Let them set a bit to cool to skin temp so they are comfortable to wear.

Slide them in your bra and adjust as needed. If you did it all right they will form a fairly good breast. Let them cool completly while you wear it and if your bra is a good frumpy no cleavage model they will look fine in a bra. They wont be able to wear for cleavage or anything like that but for an short term deal until you get the scratch for a good set, far better to do this than buy cheep forms.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Prettypolly1389

I bought some breast forms recently and they were quite cheap. But well worth the money. Just having that shape with in my tops was worth it. Great if you are on a low budget or just trying. Really gives you confidence. I want the next size up and I can't remember where I got them. Doh. Will have to check my credit card statement. Mind you, after Laura's advice I may just save up. ;-)

Guest MrMxyzptlk

I've been looking at the cheep ones too but I've done enough monster makeup with latex to know I can make better ones for less. Now the real good ones, I can't replicate those. So I'm holding out for buying the top of the line later, for now I am making them myself.

Guest Prettypolly1389

Wow what a site. So much choice and the look leally, leally real. I am going to start saving, but which size??? I am thinking a C cup!

Guest MrMxyzptlk

The thing to do is reverse engineer your dimentions. The one thing you have standard is the waist and chest. you want the hips to be about as broad as the shoulders and that willgive you hip dimentions. Then try to figure a cup size that makes your bust measure about the same as the hips. Otherwise you look sort of mishapen. I made a set of D cups and am regretting it. my hip measurement is too small for Ds so I need ot remake some Cs and get new undies.

Guest Prettypolly1389

The thing to do is reverse engineer your dimentions. The one thing you have standard is the waist and chest. you want the hips to be about as broad as the shoulders and that willgive you hip dimentions. Then try to figure a cup size that makes your bust measure about the same as the hips. Otherwise you look sort of mishapen. I made a set of D cups and am regretting it. my hip measurement is too small for Ds so I need ot remake some Cs and get new undies.

Thank you for that. That is really helpful. Just going to measure my hips now. :-)

Guest MsGsptlsnz

Thank you for that. That is really helpful. Just going to measure my hips now. :-)

Not a problem. It takes a bit of research and a lot of effort to pass it seems. I'm a bit of an inventor so coming up wit padding and such isn't a problem. I came up with pads that hang down from the bra straps and rest just right to start and stop hips right where they need to be. For now my waist is a 42 and my hips are a 48. My chest is a 46 so with D cups I get too busty for the hips. Took a lot of observation to figure out where those darned things start. Now I've got real hip dimentions that match my shoulder width so I look more hourglassly when I wear a pencil skirt. I may get some stretch capris just to see what that looks like over my artificial curves.

Like I said before though, getting cup size down is tough. I wen't for D's thinking that I'm 6 foot 1 and big women seem to have big curves. That's a big mistake. I observed more tall women and saw that they just look top heavy with too much there. Thus my quest for C cups now. I think that will bring my dimentions to real world instead of looking like Jessica Rabbit...

My problem is trying to reduce the art of makeup to a science. I just can't seem to get the hang of it yet. Well, practice, practice, practice...

Guest Prettypolly1389

Not a problem. It takes a bit of research and a lot of effort to pass it seems. I'm a bit of an inventor so coming up wit padding and such isn't a problem. I came up with pads that hang down from the bra straps and rest just right to start and stop hips right where they need to be. For now my waist is a 42 and my hips are a 48. My chest is a 46 so with D cups I get too busty for the hips. Took a lot of observation to figure out where those darned things start. Now I've got real hip dimentions that match my shoulder width so I look more hourglassly when I wear a pencil skirt. I may get some stretch capris just to see what that looks like over my artificial curves.

Like I said before though, getting cup size down is tough. I wen't for D's thinking that I'm 6 foot 1 and big women seem to have big curves. That's a big mistake. I observed more tall women and saw that they just look top heavy with too much there. Thus my quest for C cups now. I think that will bring my dimentions to real world instead of looking like Jessica Rabbit...

My problem is trying to reduce the art of makeup to a science. I just can't seem to get the hang of it yet. Well, practice, practice, practice...

Wow so cool!! You have obviously a real talent. Love Jessica Rabbit ;-) I havnt tried make up yet!

Guest MsGsptlsnz

Wow so cool!! You have obviously a real talent. Love Jessica Rabbit ;-) I havnt tried make up yet!

I tried some out today over lunch. I think I've got the right shade of foundation, I do wish they would standardize those things. One company says "Honey Normal" and it's almost my right tone, another company uses the word "honey" and it makes me look like a pewter doll... Grrr... I managed to amke myself look almost right. Took some pics, I will upload them to my photobucket site and make them available. I need a better camera than my cell phone though.

Still need to work on eye makeup. I keep looking like a racooon...

I will say, when they say have clean skin before starting, they ain't kidding. Yesterdays makeup and todays were like night and day and all I did was prep the skin with some cleaning pads. Be sure to do that first.

Tommorow AM I exfoliate! We shall see if that helps.

I think I've got my dimentions set fairly well now. I measured today and I've got a bust of 48 Waist 42 and hips 47. It looks about balanced I think. I want to get a good quality corset to get the waist to a 40 or 38. I've got some medical issues that make me look like a pregnant woman and it's all empty space that just needs to be rearanged. A corset will do wonders for my final numbers.

Good luck with your experiments.

• 5 weeks later...

Agree whole heartedly with buying quality breast forms. :agreed:

These are worth every penny (soon to be gone).

The modern silicone warms quickly to body temperature and they feel and look great. :blush:

Mine came from the BreasFormStore as well. Exceptional customer service.

Joann

you know, i'm kind of amazed youd notice something like that... but yeh, if you do it the mosat natural looking proportion for your shape and body type is always a good idea or it will look wrong. i notice dimensions and things like that because i do artwork, and so notice things from drawing figures. thats a very good post.

(yeh i know this isnt my "area" exactly but i popped in anyway! I just wanted to say, for best results, go with higher quality things, whatever they are, some kind of prosthetics, theyre safer and look better and feel better..

mom has prothetic breasts of different types because she had breast cancer so had a mastectomy, and some are too heavy... some are more natural. some kind of a soft silicon stuff.

Some of the home made ideas people come up with arent the best or safest... if you get something cheap it might not be the safest thing for your skin, so.. gotta take all that info account when you pick out these things.

some people have make their own, and use various materials.. foam/fiber and water inside silicone balloons in layers tend to be good for homemade ones, just make sure the "skin" layers thick and durable so it wont leak the water out..

some make forms out of plaster of paris or clay, to form silicone ones..

normal hardware silicon, but use the stuff thats not for sinks or baths-that type has chemcals in it to keep mildew and stuff away. probably not the best thing for skin. people generally wont notice them much if theyre in a bra, real boobs dont move alot anyway. just keep them clean and dry and safe. corn starch is safe for on skin, and to treat heat rashes if you get them.

i think thats all i got to say bout that... :)

• 7 months later...
Guest MaudeB

Hi,

I'm back into dressing again after a 4 years lapsus where I was forced to purge everything I had, which was not much but some interesting items nonetheless.

I want to comment on the EXCELLENT service I got from TheBreastformStore. Eden and Nancy went above and beyond what would be expected from sales and service persons. They answered my every need and, boy, did I had questions !

I didn't want to get something that I wasn't certain would fit my needs. I went with the Amolux Diamond and I'm VERY satistified with them. Being new at this, I had to summon the courage to shave my upper torso though and I'm glad I did.

I only dress in lingerie and not the complete outfit and have no plans to go beyond that. I bought TWO sets of Amolux, size 10 and finaly 14. Those are certainly big but they fit my body just so.

The good part is that I work mostly from home, so I can dress anytime I want. When going to clients sites, underdressing is something I currently, and slowly, explore.

This comment is made to make anyone who would consider TheBreastformStore as an option to feel well about them. They certainly take care of their customers and it shows.

Thanks Eden and Nancy, you've made a believer out of me !

Maude

Guest CDBobUK

There doesn't seem to be any discussion of alternative to silicone breast forms. I must admit I don't have any experience of Silicone forms.

I always thought that silicone forms looked like plastic bags filled with gel and having welded edges which keep in the "stuffing. As I said before I haven't actually used them or seen or touched them so I am speaking from ignorance.

The breast forms I use, and I only have one pair, are made from a rubbery material similar to that used in Fleshlights if you know what that is.

The breasts weight seems to be about correct and they weigh the cups down nicely so that the bra is more comfortable to wear. They feel real and warm to the body as silicone ones seem to do. The prices are not too exhorbitant either. From £60 upover. The web site I got them from is;-

[Link Removed]

Their site is easy to navigate and it has a calculator which calculates which model of breast form to buy. You only have to to input your chest size, the amount of existing breast tissue you have (in my case little or no breast tissue) and the cup size you would like to be. In my case I found it to be quite accurate. The site has a video of a form being run-over by a car and it wasn't damaged so I am looking forward to long use from them.

The rear of the form is naturally sticky so it tends to stick to a hairless chest. If you require more security or wish to wear them without a bra then they suggest the use of medical spray adhesive. The nipples are moulded into the form and can be pierced for jewellry if you require it

Any disadvantages? Yes two that I can think of

1) They have a sweet smell which doesn't seem to disappear. It isn't a nasty smell so for me it isn't a real problem.

2) I have purchased the tear drop shape which tapers to quite thin where it meets the skin. It isn't normally problem, but I found out that if you sleep in them with a black bra which is new, the black die seems to be absorbed into the thin part. Again no problem for me as I use bras which fully cover the forms or I place the tapered bit under the armpits, the alternative position.

The advantages of using a form is mainly the realistic appearance when dressed en femme. My wife is surprised at how realistic I look and feel in the chest area. She quite often holds her hand up in front of her to mask my face and is astounded how much my body looks like a womans. She covers my face as I do not make a pretty woman! Unfortunately which I believe is common to other forms they do not make a cleavage. I have tried gaffer tape etc to make a cleavage in the way I have seen on the internet, but for me it doesn't work so higher necked tops is a must.

I am new to the forum and it is obvious that most members are from the USA . There must be an equivalent in America. If not they will post to other parts of the world.

I hope this also helps the few members from the UK.

Edited by Sarah Faith
Link removed as per rule #23 of T&C - No Advertising
Guest Sarah Faith

Welcome to Laura's Playground CDBobUK,

You might want to consider heading over to the introduction section of the forums located here, and introduce your self so more people can get to know you and welcome you! :)

Also, we do ask that you read the Terms and Conditions at least once, the link can be found in the bottom right corner. :)

Sarah