• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Height

Guest Lelouch

Guest Lelouch

Anyone else here bothered about their height? Well I am. I really hate my height. I'm currently 19 years old and I only stand at 5'6". I really wish my height were at least 5'10". I guess my genetics can only go as far as my current height now since my dad stands at 5'7" and my mom at 4'11". I really do wish I were taller though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• Remus

Guest Lee-Asher Geo-James

I'm also bothered by my height and how short I am. I'm 19 as well and I am done growing (taller at least) and stand at 5' 3/8" that's less than 5' 1" :(

I think most of use that are short and are FTM are bothered by it. But there may be some that aren't.

Is there anything that you can do to increase your height just a little bit? Like a certain pair of shoes maybe? Not heels of course :P But something that has a bigger bottom? Just to give yourself an extra "boost"?

Guest Zolrek

I'm taller then your dad. :lol: Anyway...

I've seen short men, lots of them. It may suck to be short but being tall isn't always associated with being male so I wouldn't worry about it.

Guest tori319

I completely understand I'm 5'8 to 5'9 and wish I was your height but I'm coming to terms with that, on the bright side a lot of rappers and Tom cruise are your height and shorter.

Guest Lelouch

Well, I'm not actually done growing taller for whatever weird reason there is. I still am. Although no matter how much I hope to reach 5'10", I never will.

Guest vertigo

I'm 170 cm - not sure how much it is... 5'7''? It's weird, because when I was little, my doctor said that I was going to be reeeeeeally tall... But I just stopped for some reason.

I don't see a big problem with it, though... Some of my favourite musicians are as tall as me, so sometimes I even feel kind of cool :D

Guest sarah f

Lelouch you do know you keep growing until your early 20's sometimes. Hopefully you will get another inch or two. I am 4 inches taller than my dad and 5 more than my mom. I wish now that I had their height because it would be so much easier finding girl clothes that fit properly.

Yeah, I've read that your bones don't fuse together 'til your mid-twenties, or something like that.

Personally, I'm 160ish cm, which is about 5'3"-4". With my Docs, I gain at least 2 inches. So yes, Doc Martens are great for height. Hudson's FtM Guide has a good section on shoes and lifts for the vertically challenged amongst us B) - http://www.ftmguide.org/shoes.html.

Guest insanitylives

heh.

i'm 5'9 at 16, and i'm still considered short (fer a dude) in my area, and I know SEVERAL girls taller than me.

most boots give a 1-2in 'up' tho.

Guest insanitylives

It's weird, because when I was little, my doctor said that I was going to be reeeeeeally tall... But I just stopped for some reason.

haha i was told the same thing.

Something about hitting over 6'0. which i would have liked >.>

but that didn't work out for some reason, and i'm probably done growing or close to it(hit puberty early, so the growth until 20s thing probably won't apply to me.)

Guest Cowboy

i was actually gonna post a topic to similar to this.

Im 5'1", 17 yrs old. <_< both my parents are short. Me and my mom same height,

and with the benefit of a doubt, my dad is 5'4".

I strongly doubt that i will grow any more.

And im Pre-T (although idk if T helps increase growth or not.)

so if anyone knows an extra tips on boosting height, Pre-T..

Please share.

I really dont wanna be stuck at 5'1" forever.

Just keep in mind that height doesn't matter nearly as much as attitude. If you have a 'tall' attitude, people most likely aren't going to pay much attention to the fact that you're short (or short-ish).

One time, a friend (who's admittedly about five foot) was shocked when she asked me how tall I was and I told her I was 5'7". I'd never heard of 'acting tall' before, but she said she had always thought I was 5'10" because I didn't "seem short." When I asked her what that meant, she said I acted tall. I think it's a matter of carrying yourself with confidence. I think it's a bit like, if you act like you don't notice how tall you are, people won't either.

Guest Cowboy
I think it's a bit like, if you act like you don't notice how tall you are, people won't either.

I guess i can 2nd that.

I dont really pay no mind to my height unless someone says something to remind me.

most of my friends dont even say much about my height either.

it would just be nice to get a few more inches in before i stop growing.

Guest Larson

5' 6" is a perfectly fine height for guys!

Dan Radcliffe is only 5' 6". So is Declan Donnelly. They're two of the most popular men in Britain.

I've had plenty of guy friends who are between 5' 5" and 5' 7" and people never think it because they have that "tall attitude."

I'm 20 and I'm only 5' 2". It's going to take a lot of practice at the "tall attitude" thing if I ever want to pass.

Guest Nicodeme

I'm currently 19 years old and I only stand at 5'6".

Only? I'm sorry, but did I see you modify '5'6"' with the word only? Really?

I'm cringing so hard right now. I'm only 5'0". And I barely achieve that. It doesn't keep me from passing, but it manages to be a disability. 5'6" is pretty damned good. At least you can reach things in the store without having to climb all the time. -_-

Guest Lelouch

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I just really wish I were taller. In my area though, I pretty much have the average height for a guy(I live in the Philippines).

Guest Sam_P

I'm 5'4". I imagine it will be more of a pain when I'm older and passing and people stop simply assuming I'm young. I'm determined to remember the advantages of not being taller however; no being scrunched in car/bus/train seats, ease in ducking under fences etc. :P Yeah, I'd like to be taller but nay mind.

I know how you feel, and I think it's something most of us shorter guys deal with since most of the guys we notice are taller. I heard that T can make you taller if you take it early enough in life.

What I'm most jealous of are my trans friends who are as tall as average height guys!

I found some shoes online one time that were for people who wanted to gain height, and they designed them in a way so that it wasn't all in the bottoms, so that they didn't look obvious. I think you could get anywhere from 1-4+ inch styles. I think they were around $100 USD.

Guest Sam_P

I found some shoes online one time that were for people who wanted to gain height, and they designed them in a way so that it wasn't all in the bottoms, so that they didn't look obvious. I think you could get anywhere from 1-4+ inch styles. I think they were around $100 USD.

For anyone looking for such shoes there are a whole load of retailers listed on this site (also a useful all-around resource for anyone who hasn't come across it before): http://www.ftmguide.org/shoes.html :)

Guest Cowboy
most boots give a 1-2in 'up' tho.

i can back that statement.

I wear my huntin boots almost everywhere and get bout a 2 inch gain from 'em.

boots help alot with "appearing tall",

if u wanna just look tall and not actually be tall. <_<

and the site Sam posted has a really good site for boots, if u need a pair in a smaller size.

Guest Sam_P

I rarely wear anything other than CAT or Wrangler boots. Occasionally I step out of them whilst standing next to someone and realise how much of a difference they make. :P

Guest Raging Shadow

I was supposed to be really tall too. When I was 9/10 I was in the 99 percentile height wise. Then I hit puberty and 4 years later am still the same height :(

Guest Sam_P

I was supposed to be really tall too. When I was 9/10 I was in the 99 percentile height wise. Then I hit puberty and 4 years later am still the same height :(

Yeah something similar happened to me. My parents thought I was going to be tall because I was one of the tallest in my class during primary school. Then I just stopped growing! Grr. :angry: People say they can't age photos of me because I haven't changed much in the last 5-8 years. :P

Guest SirCat

I'm 5'3" My height bothers me allot too, however I find that combat boots really help give me some height. Though it is hard to find ones in small sizes that aren't feminising... Thats another issue with being somewhat short its hard to find good guy shoes because they're so often to large.