• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Chat With An Intern Pastor

Guest Emily Ray

Guest Emily Ray

Hey Everyone,

While at Stand Down I had the Opportunity to speak to a young Pastor who is planting churches in communities so that people can walk to church and be a more cohesive unit in daily living. In many of the communities where he is planting these churches there is a sizable amount of Transgender people. He had never had an opportunity to sit and learn about the issues that we face and the typical guilt and shame we live in that is caused by christianity primarly. It was a long conversation and only the first of several I will probably do with his church. I would like to have the opportunity to speak to the whole congregation or at least those interested in the subject at some point in the near future. I know that the Lord has laid it upon me to begin to change the Church and their treatment of us. I will walk the path he has layed out for me and the Change will come from the conviction His Spirit does in peoples hearts.

Huggs,

Emily

Hi Emily,

I too have been having communications with the church I attend. I came out to our preacher a year ago or so to ask where I stood with God on all of this. After a year of religious conseling the counselor validated that I have GID. I have met with our elders last week and talked to them about me, and then tonight I met with the key leaders and our mission development team. There were about 20+ people in the room. Some I have known for at least a year and never told them about me. I was very well received and they appreciate that I have brought being Transgender into the light. The preacher said tonight as he opened the meeting that I opened up his mind. He said that it only happens very rarely, but he is grateful that I brought this to the leadership to address.

I too think God has laid it on my heart to bring GID into mainstream religion and remove the degenerate sexual pervert from the stereotype.

Best of luck with your Christian walk.

Cris