• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Boyfriends

Guest shimmeringkristal

Guest shimmeringkristal

I didn't want to say anything about this earlier cause I didn't think that it was a big deal at the time but I just couldn't bring myself to think that way anymore. I broke up with my boyfriend about a 2 months ago. :( I found out that he had been cheating on me. When I confronted him about it he said "You should have seen it comming. One of my friends asked me what I ever saw in you cause you were not a true girl. I told him that I didn't know." Those words were so devistating that I just told him that it was over and to never contact me ever again. :mad: I cried myself to sleep that night and the tears didn't stop till later the next day. I felt so stupid. :banghead: How could a person like me ever be wanted or needed.

Then about a month ago I met someone in the store while doing my grocery shopping. He was nice. He struck up a conversation which ended with us exchanging phone numbers. Later in the week he called and asked if I would like to go out on a date. I accepted but was not as "committed" as I would normally would be. At about the midpoint of the date he asked me why I was being so distant. I told him about my ex. I also told him about my secret and that I would understand it if he didn't want to see me again. After I told him he did the oddest thing. He started to laugh. Not just a small laugh but a huge barrel laugh. :o He appologised saying that he wasn't laughing at me but at the situation. Then he told me that he was a closseted bi-sexual. We are now going steady and can't seem to get enough of each other's company. He is very romantic. He treats me with nothing but compassion, respect, understanding and he treats me like a lady. I just can't seem to get him out of my head. He is my first thought when I get up and the last thought when I go to bed. :D

Is this what falling in love feels like? :blush:

Guest Snow Angel
I found out that he had been cheating on me.

Welcome to womanhood.

Is this what falling in love feels like?

Yes and no. What you're feeling now is the initial infatuation and wanting things to be like this forever. All relationships that start out well feel like this. If you still feel like this in 1 or 2 years, that's real love.

Guest Mr. Fox
Yes and no. What you're feeling now is the initial infatuation and wanting things to be like this forever. All relationships that start out well feel like this. If you still feel like this in 1 or 2 years, that's real love.

I'm not sure if that is how love works for everyone. Wait, are you just talking about infatuation that lasts a while, or infatuation that lasts forever. If you meant the former, never mind, but if you meant the latter I don't think that my mother has ever felt this kind of love, and she has only had real love with my father. She, however, is cold and logical, and I think incapable of feeling strong emotions.

• 3 weeks later...

Love - weither we want to admit to it or not we all want to feel it.

I'm sure we all agree that it feels like we have to test the character of the person who you are involved with when you explain your situation.

It is a hard hit that's not easy to just walk away from Shimmeringkrystal. I've had to do it over and over (being that I am in early transition I do not pass as female) - I've gotten very comfortable with telling people who are interested in me before I invest any emotions or time. I know that it will spare me a lot of set backs and hurt feelings.

YOU are worth someones time and YOU deserve to be loved, don't bet yourself up about that when your down ;). I'm happy for you - take a deep breath and step back every once in a while though to keep ur head straight.:)

I have to disagree and agree with Kelly, I disagree because everyone is different and people and situations vary so I think love is not on a "timeline." I agree because sometimes infatuation can mask itself as a feeling of love if you allow yourself to get caught up in it.

Guest Katie-Louise

I had a boyfriend but he didnt treat me properly so I got rid off him Ive got a vendetta against men now lol not all men but most Ive just been treated so badly by them and it will take a hell of a lot for them to gain my trust.

Guest raydub
...and it will take a hell of a lot for them to gain my trust.

and it sucks cause BAD guys make it harder for the NICE GUYS...sheesh!

:lol:

Ray

Guest Sheila

i'm not sure what true love feel like. my parents didn't love me and you have to nurture a child with love. my parents were never intimate with me, you have to raise your child with intimacey, holding them, hugging them and telling them you love them. i can't ever remember mom or dad ever once say they love me. now that i'm an adult my mom says she loves me but it's a little too late for that. so i have major intimatacy issues and will never experience true love. i do love music, i love my german shepherd dog she means more to me than you can imagine. so i'm not incapable of love. relationships sound so messed up. no one hardly ever stays together. it sounds like a heartbreak. i myself, i think i'm better off not to put myself in that position, ever. i'd like to add though, i've experienced lust, which i would often mistake for love. it is not. just thought i'd add my 2 cents on the matter.

Guest StrandedOutThere

Maybe. I've only been in love like 1 and a half times. The first time it was all consuming. She was all I thought about. When we looked at each other I would get that "butterflies" in the stomach feeling. I was so happy that people at work were even commenting that I was looking unusually well lately. It was crazy. I even felt like I needed less sleep in the beginning. Even now that we are not together, I still have those same feelings for her. Oh well, if it is meant to be then we'll get back together. Oh, my love life is complex...

Glad to hear you are happy! That's so awesome! Run with it and enjoy the ride!

Guest Drew
Maybe. I've only been in love like 1 and a half times. The first time it was all consuming. She was all I thought about. When we looked at each other I would get that "butterflies" in the stomach feeling. I was so happy that people at work were even commenting that I was looking unusually well lately. It was crazy. I even felt like I needed less sleep in the beginning. Even now that we are not together, I still have those same feelings for her. Oh well, if it is meant to be then we'll get back together. Oh, my love life is complex...

Glad to hear you are happy! That's so awesome! Run with it and enjoy the ride!

ah yes, that all consuming feeling...if you can keep that up for a long time (a little toned down however) that's love. personally, when i'm in love i'm easily distracted (not from her, from everything else :rolleyes: ) i even had an incident falling down a flight of stairs :lol: (gotta keep my eyes where they should be :P )

Stranded, i think everyone's love lives are complex...but then what do i know... i'm just a kid ;)

Guest J-Walker

Remember to always put YOU first!

Boys are hot and always looking for physical romance but every now and then you get someone who loves you for being you and it sounds like so far so good. The only problem that arises is that people grow at different rates. Like with your last boyfriend, you just grew up a lot quicker than he did and now he's stuck as an immature little child. You can continue to love someone forever; you just may not feel the same intimacy after a while. In this case, it sounds like both of you have a lot of growing you can do together, which is perfect for a new relationship.

Congratulations on the new man. Hold him tight or I may come and steal little Mr. Bisexual. XP

Guest shimmeringkristal
When we looked at each other I would get that "butterflies" in the stomach feeling.

We have gotten to know so much about eachother. There have been times that we just sat a talked for hours about everything and anything. We have talked so much that we have learned so much about each other. Lately I have been getting this feeling every time that I am around him. I feel as though every butterfly on earth has taken up residency in my stomach. Every time we go out he makes sure that I am comfortable with where we are going and what we are doing. That and he wants me to be myself. He treats me with nothing but respect as the woman that I aspire to be.

I can't wait for the weekend after this one cause he is taking me out for the weekend to a resort down by Branson Missouri. He even has me booked at a spa there. This is going to be my first vacation in almost 8 years. I am like soooo looking forward to it, especially if it is with him.

and it sucks cause BAD guys make it harder for the NICE GUYS...sheesh!

:lol:

Ray

Your absolutly right Ray lol. ;). But I understand where she is coming from.

Guest raydub

kristal, the vacation sounds like its going to be good stuff. enjoy yourself honey.. 8 year? you DESERVE a vacation.. its a bonus that youre going with this guy who sounds AMAZING. Good for you hon!!!

Your absolutly right Ray lol. ;). But I understand where she is coming from.

i understand too.. its all good.. if they are REALLY nice guys..they wont mind the little extra time it takes to win the lady's heart. :blush:

;)

Ray

Guest Drew

8 years?! wow! you really do deserve a vacation. enjoy yourself! this guy really does sound amazing, the ultimate gentleman.