• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Owwwieeeee

Guest Katrina Reann

Guest Katrina Reann

All I am going to say is OWWWIEEEE!! But what is a little pain to get results. I'll just do a little at a time and start by thinning everything out...but OWWWWIIIEEE!!!!;)...Huggsss

Guest Katrina Reann

GET AWAY

FROM ME WITH

THAT DANG THANG!

dONNA jEAN

Hang on Donna!! Let me put on my Jason mask from Friday the Thirteenth...there that's better!! ***grabs epilator and chases Donna around the forums yelling pluckie, pluckie!!!*** :ph34r: HEHEHE

Guest micralla

My epi. is sitting in the closet for over the last few months not brave enough to break it back out. maybe I should just break it :D

Luv

Jessie

Guest Elizabeth K

NO NO NO

First - trim the hair down to 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Use one of those hair trim devices that use a double-edge razorblade with a comb doohickie! Walgreens has them usually - also CVS.

Wash the area with soap and water - do NOT use a cream.

THEN use the depilator! Oh yes! That first time - a little rough... it actally gets much easier later as the hair thins out a little each time.

THEN rub in a moisturizing cream - I usually use a bit of antibiotic cream too where it gets red-looking. The depilator CAN take off sa bit of the skin too in areas that are raised (pimplelike places). And ... hummmm... well... alway start with 'clean areas' and do the 'potentially dirtier' areas last - if you can read between the lines.

Or so it seems... how it works best... my experience and all... I wont ever use a safety razor again!

BUT two weeks - three weeks? No hair? OH YES! Worth it!

Lizzy

Guest Katrina Reann

Liz,

the hair I started on was about an 1/8 in long although some of the hair wasn't long enough yet. So I did it yesterday and today. It actually worked out very well. And I actually started on the neck and face. I haven't even started on the legs and arms yet. It was a little painful but not too bad except for under my chin. But I also kept a hot towel on it for several minutes before I started. After both session I just used a little triple antibiotic cream over the whole area and have no red areas at all. I got about 60% of the hairs on my face and neck. I know a lot of it will probably grow back but after I do this a few times hopefully the hair that remains will be much finer. I think I am going to give it few days before tackling those areas again and I will start working on the legs and arms. Those sensitive areas though I am going to have to build up some courage before tackling them...lol...And I am doing like you suggested in another thread and cleaning the head after each use with alcohol....Thanks for the advice!! Huggsss

Guest Donna Jean

OMG, Kat.........you must have the constitution of a zombie to do that....

If I did that, I'd collaspe into a puddle of tears....l

Donna Jean

I am not a big fan of pain - possibly explaining my lifelong lack of gain! :lol:

I was attacked with one of those in Memphis and I am still traumatized by it - the attack comes back to haunt me every time that I hear the perpetrator using the evil thing - making me wonder why did I move in with her?

Then I remember - she loves me and wants to help me be me.

I am glad that you are able to use one, I cannot but actually it has always puzzled me that Donna Jean does not - anyone who can stand three hour electrolysis sessions should be able to take that.

Oh well, congrats on the smooth skin.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

OH MY

The face? That can be painful! Under the arms is the most excrutiating - but the face hurts! It took me a long time to get accustomed to the face - and I don't usually recommend it for the weak at heart!

BUT everywhere else - not a problem. And yes - the results are spectacular!

Lizzy

Guest Katrina Reann

OMG, Kat.........you must have the constitution of a zombie to do that....

If I did that, I'd collaspe into a puddle of tears....l

Donna Jean

Yes Donna, my dad was a zombie and he turned me into one when I was a child...mom is a vampire and lets just say I am now a night owl...lol

Guest Katrina Reann

OH MY

The face? That can be painful! Under the arms is the most excrutiating - but the face hurts! It took me a long time to get accustomed to the face - and I don't usually recommend it for the weak at heart!

BUT everywhere else - not a problem. And yes - the results are spectacular!

Lizzy

The under arms is the one I am dreading. But you are right the face is painful but the pain doesn't last long.

Guest little_sephy

gah, i want an epilator so bad now...might take my mind off things for a bit, and it would be nice to actually have smooth skin for once. Dang upper legs, those are the worst. Does anybody recommend any specific brands of epilators, or brands i should stay away from?

gah, i want an epilator so bad now...might take my mind off things for a bit, and it would be nice to actually have smooth skin for once. Dang upper legs, those are the worst. Does anybody recommend any specific brands of epilators, or brands i should stay away from?

I seem to remember a thread a few months back regarding different brands and models. I will see if I can find it again.

Yes, my upper legs are sensitive and react when I epilate (sp?) them.

Guest sarah f

I really don't like mine all that much. It is a emjoi prestige. It takes a lot of passes to get the hair out. I give up after a while because it gets too hot. Maybe somebody else can give you a better idea.

Guest i is Sam :-)

If you can afford it, then go to the salon and get yourself professionally waxed the first few times, it's less painful and just an easier experience when a pro does it, and after you've ripped the hair out a few times, it starts to damage the root so that it comes out a lot more easily and doesn't hurt anywhere near as much. That's when an epilator stops being quite so bad.

it's slow tho, I often do large patches with cold wax strips and then finish with the epilator so it doesn't take a month

There have been different posts in various threads about epilators. Here is a past thread where several were discussed.

Epilator

Hope this is helpful.

Huggs,

Opal

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Annaemo

I just got my first epilator today with 40 pincers. I was a little worried at first so started on my lower arm. I didn't feel it was that bad actually and the thought of having nice smooth skin instead of cutting my legs shaving was much more than the small pain I felt.

I realised that the hairs grow at different angles so you need to try all directions until you feel the hair popping out. Also high speed makes for only a small amount of pain on the longer hairs but I'd recommend shaving first before using the epilator :). Think I will wait to book a threading session for my face though :).