• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Part Of Your Body Are You Most Dyshoric About?

Guest Carden

For me bottom dysphoria is the worst and I get depressed thinking about how poor the surgical options are for that. My body shape is naturally androgynous, I don't have noticeable hips and though my chest bugs me, it's pretty flat and it isn't the thing I hate most.

I hate my stupid voice, though. I cringe if I hear recordings of it; it sounds so much more girly than it does in my head, if that makes sense.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• Carolyn Marie

• JJ

Guest Maria (Hilda)

I'd have to say my forehead, haha, weird, right? But my face is my most beloved part of me :P

So having this masculine forehead is a major bummer!

Then of course the obvious other.

Love MarMar <3

Guest thefireship

Chest, for sure. I'm "double blessed" with C's and on top of this, I lose weight there LAST as opposed to the reverse. Lately, I'm feeling the annoyance of trying to drop a few pounds to get rid of the bit of pooch I've got, fully knowing that sure, that part will go but it'll basically make the chest that much more difficult to conceal. *shakes fist*

Guest Masculinity

Everything...I hate everything in my female body,I don't like anything one bit. The thing I am most dysphoric is my breasts/chest and my curves.

Well an everyday struggle is chest.

Down there is mostly ignored, but there are times when I notice it and become dysphoric. Especially when I have month.

I'm not sure this one counts as dysphoria but I also can't stand my height, especially when stood next to other guys.

And my face...some days I look and think I look male, other days I look and just think I look like a lesbian! And it really does seem my face varies from day to day. I'm constantly hating the fact I lack real facial hair on my face. *sighs*

Guest Batsu Maru Otoko Yo!

Well an everyday struggle is chest.

Down there is mostly ignored, but there are times when I notice it and become dysphoric. Especially when I have month.

I'm not sure this one counts as dysphoria but I also can't stand my height, especially when stood next to other guys.

And my face...some days I look and think I look male, other days I look and just think I look like a lesbian! And it really does seem my face varies from day to day. I'm constantly hating the fact I lack real facial hair on my face. *sighs*

Heh, I feel you on facial hair! Six months on T and I can grow a little fuzz, but it's all on the underside of my chin and stuff, none on my cheeks or upper lip or anywhere else that would do me any good, unless I want to grow a neck-beard! <_<

...unless I want to grow a neck-beard! <_<

Go for it! You can look just like one of Donna Jeans Amish Boys!!

I have found that interesting though. When I and bio-guys I grew up with started developing facial hair, it started with the upper lip, then sideburns, then chin, then neck. Yet, all the MTFs I know I've noticed get this same pattern only in reverse, wonder why that is?

Guest Felicia Anne

i'd have to say my hands... i wish they were small enough to slip into a man's hands and disappear. i don't like my hands, and wish they were deliciate, small, dainty, and more feminine.

Guest Batsu Maru Otoko Yo!

Go for it! You can look just like one of Donna Jeans Amish Boys!!

I have found that interesting though. When I and bio-guys I grew up with started developing facial hair, it started with the upper lip, then sideburns, then chin, then neck. Yet, all the MTFs I know I've noticed get this same pattern only in reverse, wonder why that is?

So that our lives suck? :P I'm waiting rather impatiently for the ability to grow at least a semi-respectable bit of chin-scruff. Nobody can call me ma'am if I have a beard! :P

Guest some ftm guy

my chest most obvious. can't go a minute without getting seriously irritated feeling em there. up in a bra, no matter if I'm sitting still, trying to sleep or walking around, forget running. sooo have to get a binder. :banghead:

after that it's my big "child bearing hips" so their called by some people. not mine specifically but I've heard about a hundred or so years ago men used to marry a woman if she had big wide hips and pretty much a pear shaped body. i hate mine. <_< for the first reason you can guess, I'm not planning on child bearing, I'm a dude lol.

and they stick out so much no matter how baggy my jeans or cargo pants are grrrs. then my small delicate hands, not as annoying as my chest, i can live with the other two same as my voice, it'd be a little deeper than usual for a girl if i identified as one but it's not man deepness. yet. i can live with it for now.

Guest Darth_Taco

My chest is a big one (no pun intended...or is it? ;D). They're D-cups, haven't found a decent binder yet that doesn't cost as much as a new black market kidney or that doesn't contain latex. God thought it would be funny if he made me allergic to latex ;_;. He was right of course, it was hilarious to find out xD. Painful though @_@. Thankfully I found something that would work. I need drill cotton, and something that'll tie the sides together. I'll post my results once I find somewhere to buy drill cotton not in bulk @_@.

Another one, my face. It's so girly! D: I look like a 15-year-old girl ;_;. I'm 20! D:< When I do go out into "man-mode" I look 12...Why, Lord, why? It wouldn't be so bad if my boyfriend didn't look like some sort of predator with me in public ;_;. I can look more guyish if I actually cut my hair. That...is a big no-no for me. I fit the stereotype "never touch a gay man's hair" perfectly. I will not mutilate my beautiful, long mane of perfection for any cause! D:< So you get a mental image, my hair goes down to my lower back. It's black, and curly XP.

There's the obvious genitals, but not nearly as bad as menstruation. My period is bad. I'm crazy hormonal, the blood is so heavy I've passed out, it comes and goes at it pleases, I get these awful crams where I can't even move to make myself comfortable because it hurts so freaking much, and I'm pretty sure my uterus is giving me the finger. That's why as soon as I have the money and make babies, I'm getting that thing removed. Thank God for birth control, it has helped everything out significantly. It also prevents pregnancy (my boyfriend is biologically male).

I guess my height too, but only around women. See, I'm short for both men and women (5'5"). Around men, that's not such a big deal for some reason. I guess it's because I've always been one of the guys, and being short and used as a coffee table just comes with it. Around women though...what guy likes being shorter than a woman? ;_;

Guest some ftm guy

@Darth Taco. i know right! i am probably going to be either same height or shorter than any woman i go out with. it'll feel so weird! i might look like her child! and you reminded me how horrible my periods are too, the bloating and cramping can be agonizing sometimes. the birth control did a little bit for that but since i felt too dysphoric a couple years ago about taking those and stopped, that time of the month is way worse. i don't know why but I'm not sure if I'm going to get rid of the female reproductive organs. the T will make the periods stop THANK GOD so i guess i don't have to?

• Admin

I guess it's because I've always been one of the guys, and being short and used as a coffee table just comes with it. Around women though...what guy likes being shorter than a woman? ;_;

ROFL! :lol:

Listen, Mr. Taco, I've spent my whole life (up until late last year anyway) being a "coffee table" kind of guy at 5'3". There are lots and lots of women, some drop dead gorgeous women, who are shorter than 5'5" and who wouldn't mind dating you, or even

marrying you. My wife is 5'1" and she's pretty dang lovely to me. :) So don't sell yourself, um, short, OK? :D

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

My dysphoria has gotten worse late. So much so that I keep pulling at my boxers at night, and i'll admit crying at the same time. because for some reason when I lay down at night and am not doing anything to distract myself I've started to become fully aware of what I do and don't have down there, and it seems i've become so fully aware of a certain area down there that my mind starts imagining things....things about men...(I'm not attracted to men and it makes me feel sick in the first place not just because they're men but because of what they're doing) It seems to be since my doubts of ever getting testosterone seem to becoming a reality and it's almost like i can't see a way of living as a man without the T and so my mind is trying to teach me to become a girl. But it hurts. It hurts really bad.

Eh, for me it's currently my chest. I'm 5' even, weigh not very much (I have trouble eating), don't have hips or really any discernible butt to speak of, and... well, let's just say I fall over a lot. >.< I don't wear baggy clothes or "guy" clothes, especially not on top, so there's no hiding and binding is utterly out of the question. T^T And, as if the appearance issue wasn't bad enough, I hurt all the time from the weight and bad posture they induce. I've never been the sort to take any sort of drug or painkiller, but even I've pretty much given up on that- not that they really help. I've wanted them gone ever since I got them. So yea, they be priority one. The other aspect of myself I've always taken issue with is my voice. I've always had a terrible fear of telephones as a result. Not only would someone hear my voice, but I'd have to *gag* say my name! *le gasp* Haha, pretty much never been too happy with those two things. Once they're taken care of, I'm sure my attention will shift southward, but I've managed to shove it to the back of my mind for the time being. :/

Eh, for me it's currently my chest. I'm 5' even, weigh not very much (I have trouble eating), don't have hips or really any discernible butt to speak of, and... well, let's just say I fall over a lot. >.< I don't wear baggy clothes or "guy" clothes, especially not on top, so there's no hiding and binding is utterly out of the question. T^T And, as if the appearance issue wasn't bad enough, I hurt all the time from the weight and bad posture they induce. I've never been the sort to take any sort of drug or painkiller, but even I've pretty much given up on that- not that they really help. I've wanted them gone ever since I got them. So yea, they be priority one. The other aspect of myself I've always taken issue with is my voice. I've always had a terrible fear of telephones as a result. Not only would someone hear my voice, but I'd have to *gag* say my name! *le gasp* Haha, pretty much never been too happy with those two things. Once they're taken care of, I'm sure my attention will shift southward, but I've managed to shove it to the back of my mind for the time being. :/

I have similar problems with my voice too. I HATE phones with a passion. Most people who phone me will get through to a voice mail. They then have to send a clear message of what they're calling for. If they're calling to say they'll be here in an hour to see me. they won't get a message back, and it's now just a well known thing that if i do not call back then the message they left is going ahead, the only time i'm likely to call back is if I need to cancel. And even then I'll tend to text them instead. I just hate my voice so much! I can sympathise with that one. And at the moment I can sympathise with the no binding thing, I can't bind in the winter because the winter makes my health worse and breathing worse I need more room to breathe so I can not allow myself to bind. :(

*gives Matthias the man-hug*

(That's the sort of not really touching bodies, awkward, back-slapping kind of hug)

Thanks

*man hugs back*

Guest Robin Winter

My first thought was the obvious one, the "nether regions". But I don't think that's actually true. Assuming I can scrape the money together, that's more or less easily fixed. For me, the big one will be my voice (not technically a body part, I know, but I think it fits the question). Surgery can't fix that, not entirely anyway, and my understanding is that the surgery that does exist is very risky. I have a rather deep voice, so it's going to take some serious work to get it to a level I'm happy with, and the worst part is, I'm never alone long enough to practice, and I'm too embarrassed to do it with others around. The other parts I'm more or less ok with how they are, at least once the hormones start shifting things around a bit, and I'm not too worried about having a big chest, so I think I'll be ok with whatever develops from the hormone therapy.

So yeah, the voice thing upsets me the most, I think.