• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What Part Of Your Body Are You Most Dyshoric About?

Guest Carden

Guest Masculinity

Am I the only one that notices that more people mention the chest as the most dysphoric part? :blink:

Breasts DO suck ...I'm glad mines are really small and hope they never grow more. B)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• Carolyn Marie

• JJ

Guest seanjamie

For me it is definitely the chest, when I first noticed them growing I was horrified and remain that way. <_<:banghead:

If i lie down they are there big flabs on my chest, I have muscular enough upper body but the *** chest I just can't handle, it ruins it every time I see my reflection- I barely go anywhere without my loose hoody jackets to disguise the horrible lumps.

And the lack of my man bits is horrible I really want them to be there. :(

Then theres the painfully annoying periods which don't stop harassing me aaaaarrrrrrgggghhh.. when they come it makes things so much worse , they last for what seems like forever are extremely painful and make my

mood go so far south

• 1 month later...
Guest ShortyT

Another vote for the chest. It's not all that big I suppose (B) but I hate having to be conscious about it when I'm out and about, adjusting the binder, checking the profile etc. I'm wary of my airways due to some issues, so the binder comes off as soon as I come home, and then there they are. :unsure: Mercy on the soul who knocks on my door unexpectedly. :mad:

Guest Superrad

Definitely down below. I've been... frustrated recently. I've gotten more open to the simple 'I'm a guy, whatever' thing and I'll walk around in boxers but I just feel so... lacking. It's difficult because I know I can lose what little chest I have. It'll be easy. Costly, painful, what have you, but it can be done. Downstairs there's not really much anyone can do so if I make myself 'alright' by planning the future knowing that still both types of SRS would leave me with something that still wouldn't suit my needs is just horribly depressing.

I'll have to agree with chest. :P Mine might be small, but that doesn't seem to make the discomfort any less for me. It's constantly there and I alter everything I do because of it. I even sleep crushing it because I can't stand the idea of loose flesh. If only I had a really good way to flatten it, maybe I'd be less bothered, but up until now it's caused me the most agony of any body related problem. I hate my chest so much that even though I hardly get out of the house, if I had a binder, I'd bind from the moment I get dressed in the morning to the moment I go to bed at night, because I just can't stand looking down and not being flat. :(

My voice is the next thing that really bothers me. I know it's somewhat boyish at times, but I still can't stand it. I just want to have a deeper voice. It's been bothering me every time I open my mouth lately. For the past several months I've almost cringed when I hear myself talk.

Sadly, my hips are also a problem. :( If I did get an actual binder and solve the chest issue, I'd probably end up focusing on this. My hips are bony, so I can't lose any weight. It's the bones; they stick out very noticably -- which might not be a bad thing, if my waist weren't so ... :banghead: ... thin. It's just annoying because I can't wear anything without looking overly girly in that region. And loose clothing doesn't help. Atleast not baggy jeans. I'm just as bad with them -- it seems the curve issue is up higher -- so I may as well wear skinny jeans anyway since it makes me happier.

Guest HoWeVeRmine

Well, honestly right now my chest doesn't bug me that much. It's still an annoying wall of passing as a male, but they are not relatively large or anything. My hips get me kinda mad, but still they're not that bad and when I was skinnier, my broad shoulders and kinda small hips were more noticeable, so I kind of just want to get in better shape. My thighs are pretty thick too, but everyone has always said I have nice legs so maybe that dislike for them hasn't caught up with the newly realized male in me. Cheeks are kinda pudgy and my eyes always get compliments, but by girls who are jealous so that's kind of irritating.

But, without a doubt, as of right now there are two MAJOR things that I am infuriatingly dysphoric about; my HANDS and HEIGHT! My hands are so small and my fingers are like sausages... And I feel uber short and that I'll never be able to make up for it... And yet, I know these are problems even some biomales face, yet it still urks me. I'm always comparing hand sizes and heights with all of the guys (and girls) I know. Kinda ridiculous but, meh.

Guest FebruaryFalls

While overall it's hips and butt because it's the main feature that prevents me from passing (I can cover my chest with a binder, people can't see in my pants and my face can go either way depending) lately I've been really dysphoric about my lack of a downstairs...I almost get this "shadow-limb" feeling but it's really getting to me lately

Definitely, definitely the chest. I've wanted my chest to be flat long before I even knew I was trans. I used to look up pictures of women who'd had mastectomies without/before reconstruction, and I decided I wanted that. Once I found out that it could be done in a way that would create an aesthetically pleasing male chest, I was ecstatic. Now, four years later, I'm still not close to having surgery, and every time I put on my binder or take it off, every time I go into a locker room and have to change in the bathroom stall, every time I go swimming or want to wear a tight shirt, I experience a lot of dysphoria, and lately a lot of impatience and irritation. I wear my binder upwards of 16 hours a day, sometime even overnight if I'm sleeping in a room with other people, and while I know that's not good for me physically, it's the only way I can keep myself okay emotionally.

like many others, i have to say the chest..but second to that....i'm short, not much i can do about that...

the downstairs is really depressing when i think about it, so i just don't.

i don't like to think about the things i can't really change that are staring me right in the face.

peace&love

Guest mary/jason

definitely the chest. really all i'm thinking about is my chest because even though things like my hips bother me i can work out like a BAMF and definitely try to change it. oh, my cheeks and my height. i'm 5" 1' with baby cheeks, like hell i'ma pass without some crazy iron pumping....

in my opinion the chest and other bigger areas are more annoying than the downstairs because it's one thing to add to something that isn't there but to hide something that IS seems to be more of a challenge.

Guest joeytheman16

I have issues with my chest. I'm rather big (have no idea what size really as I haven't worn a bra in 5+ years). But I figured out how to get everything down to where I feel comfortable.

I'm also short. Only 5'4". But I don't mind this as much as I used to. Being short makes it easier for me to fit under the hoods of cars and trucks at work! I'm also very "boxed" shape so I don't have any hips to worry about.

My hands are, well, different. Medium men's gloves fit on my palms but the fingers are too long. Small men's gloves fit my fingers but compress my palms. <_<

But one thing tops all these... My arms! I have muscular arms compared to females but I don't feel like my arms are muscular enough for me. Hoping this will change quickly on T.

Guest N.Chaos

Chest, without a doubt. Mine have been big since 3rd or 4th grade, and I've wanted to be male since I could remember. I get incredibly jealous of people who can just wear a loose shirt and be good, until I get a binder I've got to use 4-5 layers of stuff to keep them semi-flat. I'm just lucky I'm fat so I naturally look kinda lumpy, lol.

But seriously, I hate them. To the point where I shower in the dark and can't stand being shirtless because I just get so incredibly God loves you depressed seeing them.

Downstairs is a close, close second though. I want kids with my girlfriend damnit, and I want them to be OUR kids.

• 4 weeks later...

Chest from the moment that part of my body betrayed me. Can relate to many posts. Bottom has been pretty close second and in this last year it is now to that unbearable point regarding both and I had to acknowledge that that I was depressed and why. Thank you all for sharing.

Good Question by the way...... I have thought about this and wondered if I was different to others. For me

, even though I am pre T and pre op, its not my chest that causes me the most problem. Its my lack of male genitals, down below. There isnt a day when I dont think about it and crave that.

Suppose everyones different.

Rudi

Guest NadineB

I have looked at this post in the past but just felt I could not answer that question clearly or honestly, until a few weeks ago and the answer hit me like a freight train. I was forced at the time to be in male mode and the whole day I just was super agitated, angry, and just wasn't feeling good at all. I stopped and asked myself, what is it that's going on and I realized it was me, the male me. I was wearing B's clothes, I was presenting as B, and it just wasn't who I had discovered myself to be.

So I am most dysphoric about my male body/life. I know it doesn't answer the question but that is my answer. The more I am Nadine (which is most of the time now), the harder it is to be B.

I have never hated my male self or been dysphoric about a specific body part but have always felt it was not right and I am female inside.

Just my thoughts

Luv Nadine

Guest SidESlicker

My littleness makes me the most dysphoric. And that's saying something, seeing as I usually champion against dysphoria and accepting your body and rah rah rah.

I'm little. It works in the lesbian community with the whole baby butch charm, but out when I'm in the grocery store, I just feel ridiculous. Not that I'm not passing but that people are secretely snickering going "Heh, I'm taller than that guy, clearly I'm so much cooler."

And it's something that's not going to go away.