• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Going On My Second Day Clean

Milly

It feels weird. Idk I have more energy. I assume last nights fiasco could be attributed to coming off 3 months of nonstop daily joints. About everday id smoke at least 2 joints to myself... it feels like my mood is balancing out. Idk. Probably not but what else can I do? Im completely out. Pretty sad I said to everyone I quit but hell I didn't... I suck. Im sorry. Only reason I stopped was because I ran out. Anyway, im trying I guess. Could I even call my bitchiness withdrawal? Ugh idk. Sorry...

Guest NatashaJade

Milly,

Quitting anything is tough and it can result in the explosion of a lot of feelings you've been suppressing. As long as you're trying, that's all you can ask of yourself.

xoxo

Natasha

I just feel more emotional without it... I know the hrt will make it worse but anything makes me want to cry. Someone yelling at me, stress. Is that normal? I have to fight the tears sometimes...

Pot numbed me.

• Forum Moderator

Milly,

So glad to hear your mood is balancing out. It takes quite awhile to get it all out of your system but it'll be worth it. Hard but worth it.

Like Natasha said, it's the effort that counts.

Hugs

John

Guest Emily Ray

Milly,

I used MJ for ten years before I switched to meth for another 7 years. In the end I knew it was going to kill me or worse interfere in my transition. I've been clean now for over 120 days! It isn't easy. I can cry over spilled milk on most any day. I can't stand to be alone unless I'm in my own room. I have a terrible time with feelings of lonlyness. I was using the drugs to deal with those feelings. But, now I have friends who would leave me if I stated using again. Not because they're insensitive, but because they can't use for their own well being. In the end it comes down to a choice. Choose to survive using drugs or choose to live clean with a chance at achieving my dreams with friends and loved ones. Everyday I need to make that choice. It isn't always easy to do. Life is isn't always easy but I would rather have friends who love me and not my sack, to buy dresses, get manicures and my hair done. These are al things I couldn't do or have as long as I was using.

Congratulations Hon,

Emily

Guest sarah f

and 3rd and 4th and 5th and 100th and 1year and 2 years and so on. You can do it Milly. You are strong and have the will power to do this because I believe you do. I hope to be able to see that 1 year and then 2 year post from you but I will take a 30 day post for now. :)

Being clean now is easy, being clean when my roomie gets dro this thursday is not >_< I mean ill be honest. The only reason im clean now is because I ran out. I stopped drinking but pot is harder. Not because its more addicting but because it actually calms me. It works for what it does.. its pretty pathetic because I can't tell you its very likely ill screw up... I always do... because in my mind I say "its just weed, what's the harm in one bowl... please god help me fight this.... I can't do it alone.. roomie said he wouldn't smoke around me at all. I told him not to stop for my sake. Why is something so weak so hard for me to quit >_< GOD this sucks! Now I want it fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff! Crap I need to sleep now, tonights going to be worse. Emily I feel pretty much the same. If im by myself it kills me... tonight im off and damned if it isn't lonely as hell... that's why I wanted some local friends but no car means im totally screwed... tonight is gonna blow... wish I had some actual irl friends other than my roomie who is kinda hard to be around because he's constantly crushing on me even though I told him I can't be with men... reminds me too much of one the main reasons I smoked so much...

Great now im depressed... k im gonna try to sleep now, try and sleep it off >_< ttyl all..

Guest KimberlyF

Milly,

I didn't drink or do drugs but I was able to mentally block all of my emotions and I became a very cold person, almost robotic at times. Humans should feel emotions. If you want to live, really live being more emotional is a VERY good thing. You'll learn to deal with it and what is appropriate and inappropriate responses to stresses, etc. But we should all feel.

You need to get this idea that pot is easy to quit out of your head. Using anything as a crutch or finding a way to stop habitualizing anything is hard to do. What is the highly addictive chem part of pulling the lever of a slot machine? Why is there a gambler's annon??? This will not be easy for you. If you think it will, you'll have a much harder time.

Kim

• Forum Moderator

Get some sleep Milly. You are always more depressed in the mornings.

And if you read that link I posted you know that it isn't just one more bow-its harmful especially since you were a heavy user. And there are different kinds of addictions. psychological addiction is the worst in my book. It's like gaming isn't physically addicting but there have been plenty of people who lost everything, even died, because they got so psychologically addicted. Don't underestimate that kind of addiction.

You can beat it but don't underestimate how hard the battle it will be. Find some other activity to focus on-anything that you enjoy-that you can't do and smoke. Like knitting or any other activity that takes both hands. Now that your reflexes are improving and your ability to process information is also improving gaming may be more fun than it has been. A lot of that scattered, absent minded feeling should get much better too by the way.

The studies have proven heavy use causes all those things. And outside of that I was in college when drugs swept through-I saw what pot did to friends I knew well before and after. Those who became heavy users definitely had real problems with concentration and co-ordination they didn't even recognize. I saw it ruin lives first hand. Saw people go from straight As to flunking out. Lose the ability to cope with the stress in their lives. It made me really leery and stopped me from ever becoming a heavy user.

And really you aren't a freak and have been told how well you are going to pass. I know your looks are very uncomfortable for you now but I really don't understand why you keep saying you'll never pass etc. You are programming yourself to feel that way and setting yourself up for misery no matter how feminine you end up looking on HRT because your subconscious is listening to every word and believing it. Don't you have enough people making you feel bad in your life without you doing it for them? You are becoming your own bully. If you read much here you know that with HRT and hard work you can end up looking good and passing full time if you work hard enough at it and don't sabotage yourself with your own attitude. You are at an age to set life habits and paths. I don't think you want to spend it beating yourself up.

Hugs

John

• Admin

Keep at it, Milly. You CAN do this.

You're right, pot is not physically addicting, but as you can clearly see, it is mentally addicting. You need

to find other means of relaxing, so you aren't dependent on substances. Your therapist hopefully can help in that area.

One day at a time, hon. We'll be here to help you.

Love

Carolyn Marie

Guest AlishaToMe

Keep going milly, you can do it.

As a VERY heavy pot smoker for over 15 years i know how hard it is to quit the stuff. It may not be physically addictive but it is psychologically addictive. For me the hardest times were the first 2-3 weeks because you are used to the routine of smoking a couple of joints every day(for me it was up to ten a day), and when friends smoke around you it will also be tough.

Once you get past that first period then things do become easier and you will probably notice an improvement in concentration, you've already seen an increase in energy, pot makes you lethargic and if you sit down and smoke it's game over for the night as moving seems like too much effort, nothing gets done and nothing ever gets better it's just forgotten, but those things that needed doing before the smoke still need doing after it.

It is also my opinion that pot is a mood enhancer in many ways, if you are up when you smoke it will make you laugh, If you are even slightly down it will just numb you and can make you paranoid and increase confusion.

I will not lie to you, after habitual smoking it is hard to quit, i am now 6 months clean and i do have times where i think a smoke would be nice but since i quit i think much clearer and my confidence is higher.

Milly hun, being trans is hard enough as you know, numbing yourself with pot will only make the road longer and harder as it gives therapists a reason not to help you and you certainly DON'T need that.

You can quit and i have faith that you WILL quit.

Good luck, luv Alisha.

Ummmmmm help? Still clean but um this is gross and im kinda scared, I've been coughing nonstop and now this brownish black crap is coming up >_< im scared, Oh my goodness is it?????

• Forum Moderator

Milly - It sounds like your lungs are starting to clear themselves and begin the process of healing. I can't say for sure and if it continues you may want to see a Dr. but I have observed something similar when close friends and family quit smoking.

Think how much better you'll feel and breathe without that stuff in your lungs.

Congratulations on another day free!

Hugs

John

Oh ok I mean as long as its not cancer or something. I go to the doctor on the 31st and ill check then :x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 101 Guests (See full list)

• Susie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • April Marie
      What an amazing life you've shared with your wife. I can understand the trepidation you had at telling her at that point in your relationship but it certainly saved all of the guilt, the questioning and the secrecy that would have filled your lives had you not.   I'm on the other end of the spectrum having denied and buried my truth for decades and fast approaching 50 years of marriage when the dysphoria and depression finally came to critical mass and I unloaded it all on a New Year's Day morning. As you might imagine, it led to a lot of questions, of questioning everything, of anger and hurt on my wife's part. Guilt, embarrassment, fear...and anything else you can imagine on my part.   Thankfully, our love for each other has always been the foundation of our relationship and, ultimately, we both agreed that staying together was what we both wanted. It was a tough year but, now into the 2d since my coming out, we've hit our stride and are exploring this new norm in our life.   I do so love your blog.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Will be at my place
    • Vidanjali
      Congratulations on your new family member!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I thought I would try my version of this. Changes in bold.   I am Transgender.  Sometimes it is remote, sometimes close. Sometimes I am euphoric, sometimes depressed. It is something I cannot get away from and cannot welcome enough. I see some things both ways that neither men as men see or women as women see.  I can be gentle and compassionate and hard as nails. I was born with male genitals but a female heart   I have my heart.  Whatever it is. When I look at a female, I wish I looked like her  Depends on the woman.  When I look at a male, I wish I did not look like him   Ditto. I envy female movements, softness, behaviors, appearances, fashion...EVERYTHING Female Depends. Sometimes I get angry at them because women spend time and energy in ways men don't.  It is not necessarily bad.  I could do without the gossip. Not all women gossip.  Excessive focus on fashion is something I find annoying. And expensive. I tolerate all things male out of social obligation...not because I feel like a man or because it makes me happy....but because that's what I was forced to believe was my only choice....beginning in early childhood. Sometimes it is helpful to put on the Iron Man suit and act accordingly.  But I have seen some tough women. When I look at myself in the mirror in only bra and panties...I can see my nude female body...and it makes me smile and feel amazing and warm inside....yet sad because that is not my reality. I could go either way, mostly. Really.  In tests in the last two years technicians have gone really quiet when they see how little body and leg hair I have.  I looked at myself this morning.  Remove a few clues and a girl is standing there. When I look at myself in the mirror in only boxers...I can see my nude male body and it saddens me deeply and makes me feel sick and depressed...and at times...even ashamed....Because this IS my reality. At this point I am not going to do that. In the mood I am in I might break the mirror. My true gender does not influence my sexual interests or preferences...or change who I am....in any form or fashion. Gender identity is in no way connected to anything sexually related on any level.  Not sure I want to make that statement so categorically. Life as a male leaves me with a feeling that something is off...that something is missing...that something is not as it should have been.   Well put. The idea of having to continue living as a male...as someone I am not...for the rest of my life...even if its only part time...causes great sadness and anxiety within myself. I've got priorities beyond this that this must fit into. The idea of living as the girl I am and always have been on a full time basis...regardless of where I am, what I am doing or who I am around...brings me great joy, happiness and a sense of peace within myself.  Would be neat. Looking like and living as a girl makes me smile.   Would be neat.  There are downsides.  Looking like and living as a guy makes me sad.   I have had lots of practice accepting this. I am Transgender....I am a girl
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Good listener, respect them, and show sympathy/empathy, even just being there
    • Ashley0616
      Getting dog today he's potty trained
    • Sally Stone
      Think positively, Ashley.  I have no doubt you'll find your king or queen at some point.   Hugs,   Sally
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Bob had the night off from teaching kara-tay and they planned to spend a lot of it at Cabaret.   Once in, Taylor waited for her man to park and looked around.  There was a sign "Mary, Paul and Peter LIVE tonight" and, sure enough, three microphones were standing in the open area.  A new hostess came up to her. "Are you alone?" "Oh, no.  He's coming." Taylor was led to a table. Bob was there in a minute and managed to get in there and seat her.  She smiled. "The act will be along in a few minutes. And Congratulations! I am SO EXCITED!!" Taylor responded to his look. "I got promoted." "To what?" "Head of Marketing." "You're kidding." "Nope.  It seems the Board finally woke up to the fact that the China cash cow may come to an end and they need to do something. Did you know that the VPs on up all get over a million dollars in compensation without really doing anything?" "No." "I am supposed to figure out how to re-energize over thirty acres of factory that have laid idle for forty years or more." "Why don't they do it?" She whispered,"the head of production is the son of the previous head of production. He has never produced anything."  She explained that everything was made in China and exported back to the US and sold under different brand names. "How am I going to find someone?" He smiled. "Congratulations. Sounds like a problem.  Hey, today we were talking about problems at our Philly plant.  One, it was built before World War 2. Second the city and state are tightening regulations and the tax structure is adverse.  Third, we get protestors every day, some of whom break into the factory.  People are talking about relocating." "We are forty miles from an interstate." "That is a plus.  Makes it harder for protestors to find us if we moved here." "You are really thinking that?" "I am, right now. I can't speak for the company.  I know there is a rail line." "Spur, actually, with several sidings.  The buildings are in good shape." "Do you have about five acres we could look at? How about if I take some pictures and send them off?" "Great.  And protestors would not be tolerated in Millville.  The factory area once upon a time was the main employer and people are very protective." Two weeks later she was in Philadelphia with Gibson and a few others.  The deal was signed and by end of summer ten acres, with an option on another ten, were being upgraded and equipment was coming in by rail. Not five, but ten.  She got a $20,000 bonus out of the blue.  The company was flush with Chinese cash that they didn't know what to do with. She was developing plans. But back to dinner.  "Did I tell you what they are paying me?" "No." She told him. "That is more than I am making." "You don't sound happy." "It takes some getting used to.  You are Management and Croesus combined." "Yeah. Is this a problem?" "No.  As I said, it takes some getting used to."  The musicians arrived and were introduced: three local teenagers in Peter Paul and Mary clothing and wigs like it was the 60s.  They began singing. "They are good," she said. "They are lip-synching." "They are good at lip-synching." They listened for a while. "Work is going to be intense for a while." "I'll bet." "I won't be able to talk to you about some of it." "I bet." They had a good evening.   The high point for Bob was that she let him put his hand on hers.  The high point for her was Bob did not seem threatened by her now being Management and making more than he did with a Masters. She didn't tell him she was likely to be in on the distribution of money the Chinese sent every year to keep them fat and happy.  But she had to finish up that report, so the evening ended early.  He drove her home, checked her apartment for people and again walked away hearing her lock the door three times.  She didn't say it, but he knew she was going to have a long talk with her therapist as well.   Her therapist was a night owl.  
    • Ashley0616
      envy: painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage obsolete : MALICE : an object of envious notice or feeling
    • MaeBe
      I sit back and think, am I this person? I definitely argue, but with the willingness to alter my opinion if I find that my information is lacking. So, no? I also don't go pointing fingers in faces like a crazed person, usually I am the one to argue with that kind of person; typically because they can't see past emotion and have little concern for actual facts. Sometimes it's sport that I do this (ENTP, baby!), but usually it comes from a place of trying to inform and shift opinion--or at least get them to actually obtain facts or get their facts from objective sources.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • MaeBe
      How exciting! Have a glorious evening!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.