• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Driving

Guest i am Allison

Guest raydub

maybe concentrate on not getting pulled over, ya know?

plus I think the chances of a female driver getting pulled over are less than say..a black man.. ie myself. :angry: sad but true.

I hope you do it! And let us know how it feels.

Ray

Guest Kim Smith

I love it, though I do it mostly after dark.

Even stopped to buy gas at a self service place with like 100 pumps.

That's when I learned most people don't look around that much. They seem to be focused on their own lives.

But be careful! There are a lot of jerks out there too!

And raydub, you are absolutely right about the profiling that goes on, even if no one admits to it.

Kim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gina12

I've been able to sneak out a couple of times to drive late at night (we're talking between 1:00 - 4:00 in the morning). It was incredible to be able to drive knowing I had a very cute skirt and top on. My feat and legs felt awesome clad with some very silky smooth nylons. What a rush. I didn't worry much about getting pulled over, because I'm a very cautious driver.

Guest JoAnnDallas

Dress and Drive is a safe way to get out into the public fully dressed and have some fun. First the car/truck is a coccon. Most people in other cars will be more occupied on their own driving to notice you, even sitting at a red light or stop sign. Even if they do, the normal tint on the window will not allow a close detail look at yourself. Wearing a pair of sunglasses help even more. Also people on the side of the road will only have a limiit time frame to see you. driving in 3" high heels can be fun and looking down at your lap and seeing how high your skirt or dress is, can be thrilling. Another nice thing you can do, is put on some really nice perfume before you start out. As the AC circulates the air, you will smell the perfume and to me that makes me feel very fem. If your car is in the garage and you have a remote garage door opener, then you also do not have to worry to much about your neighbors, since they too will not get more than a glance of you anyway.

Once you get compy our driving, then you can start doing some other fun things, like mailing a letter, stopping at a gasoline station and filling up the car, going thru a bank remote drive thru. and etc. It is a way to interact with other people and not have them be able to see you too closely. So go out for a drive and have fun.

Guest JoAnnDallas

As for what would happen if you get pulled over.

1. DONT PANIC....the world will not end just because the police has stopped you.

2. Gather your DL, Registration, and Insurance cards together.

3. When give these to the officer when the officer asks for them.

4. Tell the officer your a Crossdresser. This is very important. Do not be afraid to tell the officer that your a CD. Every police department knows about CDers and CDing is NOT ILLEGAL.

5. Be curtious to the officer.

6. Only get out of your car only if the officer instructs you to do so.

The worst thing that can happen, is the officer will give you a ticket. So relax and just go with the flow.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vieja

:P Driving in DRAG is a real fun thing. I never think too much about getting pulled over since I am very careful about traffic regulations. As a fairly senior citizen I don't want any blemishes on my record. I like to drive to shopping malls where I can get out and walk around a bit but never far from the car.

Vieja :P

Guest lauren33

a few years ago i was dressed up. i looked pretty good to. i was driving around at like 11:30pm and i got pulled over. my heart was racing. i was so scared. but i shouldn't have been cuz really i didn't do anything wrong. they said they pulled me over cuz late at night only cops and crooks are driving around. well i guess i proved their theory wrong. they completely embarrased me. told me to get out of the car and stand behind it, meanwhile cars kept going by of course looking to see what was happening. they asked me stupid questions like was i gay? did my family know what i was doing? who cares it was none of their business. they looked me up and down for about 10 minutes after then let me go. after going through that, I got more and more brave when i went out dressed up.i do it all the time now.bottom line is, if you are not doing anything illegal the cops can't do ANYTHING but maybe try to embarass you. i would be more worried about cars loaded with young guys they are the ones who usually start something.

Guest Keira

I wouldn't worry too much about getting pulled over, apart from the fine of course. I'm sure the cops have seen stranger things. :)

As for me, I don't drive (trust me, this is for the best. I'm a hopeless driver!), so I'm usually forced to use public transport instead.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest i am Allison

WOW Thanks I got up and got dress and did it I LOVED it i drive around and wanted to go longer I will do this again.

Guest JoAnnDallas

lauren33,

We have had police department come to our Tri-Ess meeting and a similar question on this subject came up. The police officer said that it is illegal for a police officer to ask questions like that. The police officer told us that they are to treat us with respect and as the gender we are presenting.

Guest Viccy

I have been out many times dressed but then driving is my job. I have bveen stopped by the stste troopers for DOT inspections , the border patrol and general stops by local poice and had my truck searched . I have always been treated with respect , jus be yourself , drive safely and you need not worry.

Guest Keiichi-kun

Glad to hear the driving went well. Your chances of being stopped are rare and like everyone else says the worst that will happen is that the officer thinks mean things about you. (S)he can't legally treat you differently.

• 1 month later...
Guest Becky Lynn

Hi, :)

I like to drive dressed up. You're out but yet your not. When I worked away from home I always dressed up when I commuted on weekends. Fortunatly I was never pulled over. I watch my driving more closely. I think it would be very embarresing, but all you can do is hand over your licence and wait to see the cop's expression. I don't worrry much about the state police they seem to be pretty proffesional about things of that nature. What I worry about are the small town cops. I live in a very conservative and many times very socially backwards area. I could see some of these people giving me a hassle because of sheer ignorance. DRIVE ON!! :D

• 2 months later...

As I was married and my wife didn't want to see me dressed, I was only able to drive dressed during the day on my way to my therapist's office in a nearby very large city. I worried at first about getting pulled over and the first time I was directed around a wreck with ambulences and fire engines and about 8 police cars - no problem. I told my therapist that I was worried and she wrote me a letter of introduction that I carry in my purse. It says my name (like on my DL), AKA Sally is a transsexual woman. She is required to dress female as part of her therapy for transitioningin accordance with the .... and is to be treated with respect as a female. And it has her creditials and contact information. That makes driving so much more fun. And the great part is that when I walk into her office, I walk through a lobby full of people who never seem to notice anything odd about me (that's wonderful because I'm more than 100 pounds overweight).

Try driving in the daytime, I wore a skirt that came to just below my knees and when I sat down it was right at my knee and the air conditioner fan was blowing it around a little bit - it felt fabulous. I'm one of the 'mature madams' so I always wear my pantyhose if I'm wearing a skirt or dress and I love open toed shoes (my therapist said that she wished that she had 'cute toes' like mine so she could wear sandals).

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Driving?

Don't forget - if you are in therapy, your therapist can give you a letter sayning you are dressed as part of your treatment and are not dressed for any illegal purposes or to disguise yourself. I think this is sometimes refered to as the 'get out of jail free' card. I don't like that name, but I do keep my letter in my purse just in case. :D

The point is respect. You must not be disrespectful to the officer who stops you - act the same as you would if not dressed (duhhh - as if that was possible). Generally the higher up in the organization, the better trained the policeman will be (State, County, City, Rent-a-cop) Also STAY OUT of University areas, or places police are watching for suspicious looking drivers (read that as preditors). ;)

And as my therapist says, if you aren't doing anything you shouldn't you won't usually encounter a policeman. So speeding aint a good idea - also drinking or doing drugs while driving en femme would be stupid - you get the idea. :blink:

But there are always rear end collisions, insurance checks, casual curriosity of the policeman why you are going 35 in a 60 MPH zone - so ... whatever.

And I wouldn't try to hurridly undress either - the cops are very funny about sudden unexplained movements in a stopped car. They may think you are looking for a weapon or hidding drugs - the police are as much at risk as you are when pulling someone over. Just don't be a risk to them. :D

Hey sounds like I know - nope, never been pulled over when dressed, but its just a matter of time. :huh:

Hope this helps someone.

Make sure that your make up is just right and smile if you happen to run trough a red light with a camera! :D

You might be able to use them for next years Christmas Cards! :lol:

Seriously,

Drive carefully girls and especially the guys that are new to T - it seems to make your feet heavy! :rolleyes:

Don't worry about me, I'm the old lady that's driving slowly in the fast lane with my left turn blinker on! (NO WAY!)

Love ya,

Sally

Guest eshaver

Folks, i used to belong to the tri-ess group called Rho-Tau here in Virginia. Now since that time several years ago, through therapy my therapist , one of several all decided I was the "real deal" or TS. Theat meant that i was no longer accepted within tri -ess because me being a surgical candidate. Point is the group Rho-Taou also raises money by printing Virginia I D cards with you're picture on them . I believe they still run 40.00. Anyway contact Rho-Tau and remind them Ellen says howdy. Ya'all might opt to pursue such a similar venture in you're own state as well. If you are trans , it's always advisable to have a legal document from you're doctor or therapist on call when needed. I drive professionally so I can be anywhere too. Ellen Shaver

Guest Amanda L Richards

I have driven dressed on a few occasions and found that I thouroughly enjoyed myself with the exception of worrying about getting pulled over, but I have always tried to logic it out by saying that as long as I wasn't doing anything stupid I shouldn't have to worry about it.

By nature I have never had a speeding ticket or anything normally, never been pulled over by the police either. So far so good.

Back to driving while dressed. It was on halloween one year, and I went as a regular nurse (as opposed to naughty), and the thin cotton dress and nylons provided for quite the rush. So much so that I had to try it some more. I don't even know how to explain it other than ecstasy on some level.

Amanda L

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AlexisCD

I have only driven once in full dress attire. Wouldn't you know it I got stoped!!! I felt like the officer was burning a hole in my head with a piercing glare but really he was pretty professional gave me a warning and went on his way. For now I usually only wear heels when i feel like dressing and driving.

Guest Ashlee

I have done it many, many times. I thoroughly enjoy it!

I had a job that took me on the road alot, and I would dress up most of the time. Anything from just a skirt and heals to a dress, full undergarments, shoes and my wig.

I had a to take a trip once a few years ago and was alone on the trip back. I stopped and bought a skirt and hose and was able to wear them all the way home. Probably close to 20 hours. I stopped several times for gas and once for ice cream where I walked in, placed my order and paid for it, and walked out.

• 3 years later...
Guest Georgia

My first time driving by daylight!

In a bright April morning a truck driver on the fast lane honks as he peeps down through my car window to my legs, black nylon wrapped, squeezed out of a thin black leather gown: I cautiously drive to Varese, thirty miles north-west of Milano.

A few days before a man in front of a woman fashion shop (it's not so rare....) gave a long look to a lovely black silk tailleur, dreaming about a certain 'inside' Georgia wearing it....

I have just stopped the car in a lucky free space, a last look to my make up in the inside mirror (you look so lovely, dear!) and out of the car rushes out a brisky middle aged lady, cladded in a long black leather overcoat, high belted to outline her hourglass figure (hip enhancers do wonders! No problems for my derrière) to breeze into the "Luisa Spagnoli" boutique.

I feel perfectly "in", my voice is soft and effortless.

"I would like to try that black silk tailleur, my husband told me is perfect for me...."

"Yes madam, it's so really cute and should fit nicely to your figure. You are so lucky to be high and slender and have a men so kind!"

(I am an inch under 6' with my 3" ankle boots!)

And now I am staring at an unbelievable Georgia in a cozy glass walled dressing room, a sheer longsleeved camisole over my black guépière, lace top black stockings and my heart galloping in my throat: a vision I'll never forget.

"Now please try to slip into the gown" The lady is kind and friendly "Nice, just a little wrinkle here...." I feel her hands on my hip as she pins the troubled points.

"And now the jacket...." Long sleeves with wavy hems like the gown and a deep 'V' plunge over my flourishing C breastforms : my life is suspended in a Nyrvana of Opium ( my beloved perfume) and subtle silky feelings everywhere on my skin....

"The jacket is a bit tight......A size more will be better."

"You are right -I sigh softly- I did a lot of swimming when I was young....."

"You surely look young now, Madam, feeling young means being young! Your dress will be ready tomorrow."

But this is another story...

Georgia