• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Southern Comfort Conference

Guest raydub

Guest raydub

Hi all,

i wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the Southern Comfort Conference 2008 coming up soon (September 30 - October 5). i myself have never attended but i hear wonderful things about it. i would like to especially request the attendance of our transmasculine population as (from what i hear) their attendance could use a little..encouragement ;).

here is a link to the website for additional information about the Conference. feel free to discuss and ask questions here - as well as mention if you will be in attendance. there is a cost for registration, but there are scholarships that i encourage you to apply for if you require assistance to cover the cost of the conference. also if you are coming form out of town there is public transit if you do not wish to get a room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. with the central location of the conference, you are likely able to find a hotel that's a short bus/rail trip away (and i can help you set that up since i live here in Atlanta ;) ) that will cost less than staying at the conference hotel.

i myself will be there. i think i will leave my bells at home, but ill be very excited to be a part of the event. my s/o should be joining me, at least for part of the event. it would be such a treat to meet some of the people ive been talking to online in-person. :D

hope to see many of you there. if not this year, then next year!

in love and service,

Raymond

Guest jantonio

This looks great Ray, thanks for posting it. Can you register for just for a few days? Also, if you want to stay at a cheaper place is it easy to find transportation to the event?

Thanks again.

Jose Antonio...

Guest raydub

Take a look at this link here.

When you call or visit a site to set up a room, just ask them about MARTA (the name of our public transportation) service to/from where youre staying. There is a MARTA station (called Dunwoody)0.3 miles from the Crowne Plaza Ravinia - so you could walk or take the complimentary train station shuttle to/from the conference - and then whatever route you need to get back to your hotel. Just be sure to ask them how easy it would be for you to get to a train station. The trains run every 10-15 min on weekdays and 15-30 min on weekends..but its only $1.75 per trip where a taxi would be $15+ per trip. ya dig?

B)

Raymond

• 2 weeks later...
Guest StrandedOutThere

You know I'm there, Ray! I still haven't booked a hotel, but whatever. Atlanta's big, so I'm sure I'll find a place. I'll register when I get my financial aid in a couple of weeks.

Jose, are you going? It sounds like you are at least thinking about it...

I'm excited!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest raydub

it really WAS awesome.. i should go to bed too... :lol: my s/o is already asleep though. ;)

there were a good 700 or so people registered for this conference dude.. A-MAZING. cool workshops, and of course you meet the coolest of people. transsexuals, genderqueer folk, crossdressers.. we met 'em all. and apparently there were more transmen this year than last year.. and it was just way cool.

Ainsley came up and stayed at my house and we never got to bed before like 4am... it was GREAT. so much information.. so little time. sigh...

im sorry im so vague..its just that a lot happened, ya know? plus i was dealing with my own drama with my girl.. AND it was in my city so i knew some people there already and i knew some of the people who helped plan it.. blah blah blah...

ask questions! visit the website and let me know if theres something in particular you want to know eh?

sweet.

xo

Raymond

Guest Evan_J

lol good words and exhaustion. The exhaustion probably says more than anything else lol.

I guess you're both both off the hook as being missing in action due to extreme fun :P Oh the jealousy....lol

Although, Ray, my brother I recall somewhere you posted about name changes and cost lessening or something like that....feel free to drop that info in any thread you like lol.

Glad you guys made it through the festivities safely and gland Stranded made it back home safely as well.

Guest StrandedOutThere

Oh, and I kissed a REALLY pretty girl while I was there. She has my email, but I didn't get hers (part of my "I'm interested but not all that much" act). I wonder if she'll email me. She's a lesbian though, so I doubt she'd be "interested" in me...but she was still cool and all.

I'm already making plans for SoCo 2009. If it is even half as fun as this year, it'd still be worth going. SOCO WAS AWESOME!!!

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, Ray is even more awesome in person than he is online.

Guest Evan_J

Now thats what we call good reporting!!! Right on! :P Pretty girls....kissing....uh huh lol.

I'm definately gonna have to make plans for 2009. And even if it doesn't develop into romance its still networking. ....nice, girly, yummy networking lol. These are friends you need lol.

Guest StrandedOutThere

Dude, Ray and I are already talking about next year. You've GOT to check it out. However, I feel I must warn you, Ray and I are going to be trouble next year. ;)

I'm planning to get a room up at the conference hotel next year. You can totally crash with me. I figure we can pack a few guys in there. Know what I mean?

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, Ray is even more awesome in person than he is online.

aww.. shucks.. :blush:

no dude.. im just crazy!

YOURE the cool one. ;) Gettin the ladies to kiss you and all... lol...

Ray

However, I feel I must warn you, Ray and I are going to be trouble next year. ;)

**mentally packs the latest edition of "1001 ways for an FtM to get their heiney out of trouble"]

:lol::lol::lol:

You got it.