• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sonic The Hedgehog

Guest Groove_Ghost

Guest Groove_Ghost

The news about Sonic Generations, which looks awesome YAY, got me thinking about how I never completed Sonic Adventure 2, thanks to that evil last Sonic level :banghead: which I attempted no less than 25 times back when I was 16 and rather than calm down I launched the pad at the wall........... :( not one of my more ladylike moments, but it is very, very hard.

I thought that today with the sunshining and the birds chirping I would go back and try to complete it YAY sooooooooooo I was wondering if anyone here is a fan of the Blue Blur who is way past cool? You get bonus points and a milkshake if you like Amy Rose who is a bundle of pinky awesomness and cuteyness YAY ^_^ Don't get why Sonic never liked her, she is devoted to him and has an awesome pink hairdo, I WANT PINK HAIR

Personally I love all his games, even Sonic Heroes which is not as glitchy as most make it out to be.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I don't know anything about the Sonic video games, sorry to say. But every time I hear about him, or hedgehogs in general, I think about the commercial starring Happy the Hedgehog and how he needs pants. That dang commercial, and its theme song, ran so often in theaters that its ingrained in my brain. :wacko:

Advertising people are evil geniuses, and I would like to put them all on Alcatraz for life.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Groove_Ghost

I don't know anything about the Sonic video games, sorry to say. But every time I hear about him, or hedgehogs in general, I think about the commercial starring Happy the Hedgehog and how he needs pants. That dang commercial, and its theme song, ran so often in theaters that its ingrained in my brain. :wacko:

Advertising people are evil geniuses, and I would like to put them all on Alcatraz for life.

Carolyn Marie

Ohhhhhhhh, why does he need pants? I'm guessing he doesn't have any fashionable clothing stores where lives :( poor, little guy. Strangely enough I have never heard of him, must be an American thingy. But I am sure he is cutey and deserving of a hug, especially because of his poor clothing situation :)

Your life is not complete if you don't have Sonic in it I am sowwy to say, you must go out righty right now and play all of his games so your life can once again seem happy and not clouded by grey :lol: Plus then you can lovey love Amy The Hedgehog and have a milky shakey from me YAY

Sonic Adventure 2 is awesome, even if at 21 I still find the difficulty a bit steep..... Well a vertical brick wall :(

Guest Midna

I love Sonic! and Tails! I even have a Tails plush toy <3

I haven't beat Sonic Adventure 2 either. I got to the very last level where you play as every one but not yet ever beaten it. I still play that game a lot though <3

Guest Groove_Ghost

I love Sonic! and Tails! I even have a Tails plush toy <3

I haven't beat Sonic Adventure 2 either. I got to the very last level where you play as every one but not yet ever beaten it. I still play that game a lot though <3

Awwww so cutey cute, Tails plushy toy YAY give him a cuddles for me pwease

That game hates me, I am sure it wants me to cwy :( Why do the Master Emerald pieces have to be random generated, its like they wanted to punish you for using a guide

Also your name is awesome, love Legend of Zelda, you get two milky shakes just for your name alone :) YAY

Guest Aly Kat

Woah... not one, but TWO other people who like sonic adventure 2?!? That game took over my life about 5 or 6 years ago haha!

I think I beat it =P the dreamcast one, not the gamecube remake

favorite part of the game? caring for the chao + racing them =) ...I used to carry my little memory card chao tomagatchi thing everywhere

Guest Groove_Ghost

Woah... not one, but TWO other people who like sonic adventure 2?!? That game took over my life about 5 or 6 years ago haha!

I think I beat it =P the dreamcast one, not the gamecube remake

favorite part of the game? caring for the chao + racing them =) ...I used to carry my little memory card chao tomagatchi thing everywhere

:groupwavereversed: YAY someone else who knows how amazing this gamey is :) I wuvvs it and don't get why people hated it sooo muchy much. Yeah the Knuckles levels are quite boring, the rest of it more than makes up for it. Especially the plot, then again, Sonic game plots always seem underrated, like Jak and Daxter's plot which is as good as any book IMO.

I used to cwy if I couldn't get all the little animals safe, I felt I had let them down :(

Guest Deandra

I really like the Sonic games and all. I don't remember if i ever beat sonic adventure 2, but i have seen the ending. The most recent sonic games like unleashed and sonic 4 were good. The racing games sonic rivals 1 and 2 were pretty good so as Sonic R. I remember being quite addicted to sonic advance 2 and sonic battle was one of the best they really need to make a sequel. Now, Sonic generations seems pretty epic, but too bad i don't own a 360 or ps3.

Guest Groove_Ghost

I honestly have no idea why people did seem to like Sonic 4, it was a return to the style of the Megadrive games but included bigger levels with more ways to complete them????? I think most people want that same feeling they had when they first played a certain series, but that is not just the game but the time and place too. You can never have that same rush of emotion you felt when first playing a game, especially when you were at such a young age and getting in to games.

YAY I just completed Sonic Adventure 2 after not playing for 6 years LOL :groupwavereversed: GO JESSICA!!!!!!! It was an amazing game and the plot weally impressed me, but it needed more Amy Rose for sure :) it would have been an even better game were Knuckles levels removed, as they slow the gameplay down way too muchy much, or they were optional as in Sonic Adventure 1. Oh and if the difficulty level did not seem like it was engineered to make me cwy :(

Guest shadowwalker

I love Sonic! I grew up with the fella and has probably been my most influential fictional character ever ^^ I drew him all the time, and even had some fancharacters >_> I also have a really nice Sonic and Tails doll :D

I kinda lost my love for him when the games got worse though, but I'm really happy it's slowly coming back now.

Even though I liked Sonic Heroes, I consider Sonic Adventure 2 to be the last great game... the game had so much attitude, so much confidence... great story and action.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CattalieChan

go sonic!!! Although my favorite has to be silver. his situation combined with his mental age and powers really made a great charachter. don't kill me, but i find amy to be a little too stereotypicaly materialistic. i liked her in sonic heroes, though.

i started out my life on the genisis, and have been playing ever since.

favorite game

modern

sonic the hedgehog 2006

classic

sonic 3 and knuckles

worst game

sonic and the black night.

i'm reeeaally a junkie though. i bought a dreamcast just for sonic

Guest CattalieChan

oh and sonic shuffle was really really bad.

and i prefer to think of sonic as aromantic, as that is mostly how he's portrayed... but that's just me.

and sonic generations is going to be so good!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Groove_Ghost

Sonic Generations looks absolutely amazing :) cannot waity for it!!!!!!! Sonic needs to get his cool back and be one of the main mascots in gaming once again, its his rightful place. Its going to be legen-wait for it-DARY!!!! Legendary!

Awwwwww how can anyone not love Amy??? She is bright pinky, that alone makes her awesome

My favvy modern Sonic game has got to be Sonic Colours it really surprised me, it felt like a classic Sonic game but with amazing graphics and awesome level design.

Out of all the classic ones its either Sonic CD or Sonic and Knuckles

To be honest though I bought a Dreamcast for Shenmue and then gave Sonic Adventure 1 a spin (no pun intended)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CattalieChan

oh, and on the topic of those vmu chao games, that actually helped me figure out my gender. when the chao asked me, i said i was a girl... i was nervous, but it felt right, so i kept it.

• 9 months later...
Guest Groove_Ghost

So........ Sonic Generations was absolutely amazing :D I thought it was pretty much perfect, they were on a roll with Sonic Colours and kept it up with Generations! Shame about Sonic 4 Episode 2

I never liked the little Chao mini game on the VMU, not sure why, it just never really appealed to me all that much, reminded me of those virtual pets everyone seemed to have when I was a kid, in my nightmares I hear those beeps and see my Tamagotchi dying, it depressed me more than Disney movies :P

Guest Groove_Ghost

I will freely admit I am such a fan that I will play anything that comes out with Sonic's face on it :P it was too much a part of my childhood not too, but then again, the trilogy of Sonic 1,2,3+Knuckles added on is pretty the bastion of 2D platforming, nothing even comes close in my mind to topping it

BTW Shilo thats one awesome John Lennon quote you have as your sig :)

Guest Robin Winter

I will freely admit I am such a fan that I will play anything that comes out with Sonic's face on it :P it was too much a part of my childhood not too, but then again, the trilogy of Sonic 1,2,3+Knuckles added on is pretty the bastion of 2D platforming, nothing even comes close in my mind to topping it

BTW Shilo thats one awesome John Lennon quote you have as your sig :)

Sonic and Mario are neck and neck for side scrollers, but I liked other styles and genres equally :) I've been a game geek since I first set eyes on a gamepad, joystick, rollerball, pinball machine or any other game related device you can think of. The first systems my family had were an atari that my stepbrother bought from a friend ( don't recall which model, but it was in 1985), a colecovision that my mother had after her and my father separated, and a Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer 3 that my grandfather gave us with a tape drive and some games. Later my stepbrother got a Sega Master system and my grandfather bought us an NES. In 6th grade I got an SNES for doing well in school. I had an N64, ps1 and ps2 when I was with my first wife, but she took them all. Got another Ps1 and ps2 later, but neither works anymore (they got wore out ^_^).

Currently we have a gamecube that my wifes parents gave us, and I have a PS3 that may or may not work, I dunno. I'm pretty much devoted to PC gaming now, and I get my console fixes via Emulation.

Oh, I was also a big fan of the Turbo Duo, one of the first CD gaming systems, but I never personally owned one, just played a friends.

And yes, that is a great Lennon quote :)

Guest Sarah_Maria

I'm a big Sonic fan especially of the genesis games. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is in my top ten. The one thing that really annoys me is that they brought back the one character they ever killed off or made out that they did (don't want to spoil it for anyone) I know this is a dangerous thing to say but I like Sonic more than Mario *hides in corner*.

Guest Robin Winter

lol, you aren't the only one. I had friends when I was young that tried to convince me sega was better and sonic was better than mario. I like both, always have.

Guest Groove_Ghost

I do like Mario but I've always preferred a lot, IMO Sonic 1-3+Knuckled added on is like the Rolling Stones; from Beggars Banquet to Exile on Main Street they had one of the greatest runs in musical history, four utterly perfect rock albums, thats pretty much how I view the first four games. While to me Mario 1 is flawless and amazing I didn't like Mario 2 *The Lost Levels or the one we got over here* and then Mario 3 was again flawless, after that I have liked some Mario games a lot and others not so much. Plus I prefer the plot, design, length and animated shows of Sonic that little better. Though the Mario live action I will defend to the last as a brilliant piece of chessy fun :D and I do think that both Sonic and Mario started out perfectly in the 3D era, Sonic Adventure and Super Mario 3D were fantastic in every way

I've been in to gaming since I found this really old 'console' of my dads in the attic, it looked like an piece of studio equipment with leads coming from it that had joystic like things attached at the end, all it had on it was Pong, then I got the NES rip off console 'Scorpion 8' and after that an Amstrad, I can still see the green glare of the blurred bars as the tape loads :) I broke it though when I put the wrong wire in the monitor slot and short circuted it. Since then its been a constant love affair. I got a PSX as soon as it came out with a copy of the Lost World and Action Man game that I still sometimes play on since its a surprisingly cool adventure game. Then the Game Boy I got not too long afterwards got me hooked on Pokemon, though I like Digimon a lot more as it was darker and during season 3 outright harrowing in places :P

Currently I own a; PS2, Gamecube, Game Gear, Game Boy SP, Xbox, Dreamcast, N64, PS3 and a Nintendo DS, I do play some PC games but mostly stuff like Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate and Incewind Dale, oh and I've got a major love of point and click adventure games like Broken Sword and Space Quest :)

Guest Robin Winter

^_^ I love space quest. Can't say I've ever heard of broken sword, but I'll be sure to look it up.

Oh! If you like those you should try the Monkey Island games, or at least the third one which I believe was the only truly point and click of the series ,the fourth had to use keyboard or a game pad and I think the first two were re-released with point and click support but I never played those versions.

Anyway, the third one was called The Curse of Monkey Island. They're adventure/puzzle games by LucasArts, and they're pretty funny too. Monkey Island 3 is one of my all time favorite games. I've played it through many times since I first played it wayyyyy back in high school.

Guest Sarah_Maria

The second Sonic show was great. The others were just weird. Although has anyone seen the Sonic movie it was pretty cool in my opinion. Remember "Scrape your knuckles and catch some tails." Does anyone know that after they released Mario 2 in Japan and everywhere else the mario 2 we got was brought over to Japan as Mario 2 USA. So this means Japanese people are paying full price for a game they've already played with Mario slapped on the title. Oh and remember (yes another sega quote) "Genesis does what Nintendon't

:P

Guest Groove_Ghost

The first Sonic cartoon made me want to bleach my brain to get the little monsters out and then go to a therapist for immediate therapy :P it was absolutely insane! I didn't get it at all o_O I can imagine thats how Willy Wonka viewed the world constantly..... The second one got it down perfectly, Sonic was exactly as I pictured him, totally way past cool :D and Robotnik was evil and actually quite scary to the younger me. Underground was, well, I have to pretend it never happened or I don't sleep, I simply lay in bed crying and hoping the nightmares go away :P

I saw the Sonic movie, I thought it was awesome. Thats one thing that made me like Sonic that little bit more, the odd way Mario 2 was released, I played all versions of it and never particularly liked them, especially not as much as Sonic 2

Ah that Sega tagline was fantastic, has anyone seen the Game Gear adverts? I am amazed they didn't get sued out the nose by Nintendo for that advertising campaign, apparently Nintendo didn't like it and Sega was all like "wut? It was a joke" and they used Nintendo's anger at it as a way of saying how they were old and Sega were young and hip. Though I think Nintendo made far better handheld consols, the Sega Nomad was a fabulous idea, and thats it really it.

:o you must play Broken Sword, your life is incomplete until you do, go, like go now and play them! Even if you ignore your wife for months and she leaves you over it, just show her the game and she will be like totally cool with you over it. She will get everything comes second to the majestic beauty of Broken Sword :D *swear to God she will* I have seen Monkey Island and it always looked like a series I could get in to, before LucasArts seemed intent of beating the Star Wars to death time and again they made some fantastic and original game franchises. Shame about now. But we all know George Lucas is evil so it just makes him more evil his company used to make good games. He is very happy about this.