• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transgendered Top Model Insults Launches LGBT FOX NEWS BOYCOTT

Guest CharliTo

Awesome! :) I soo wanna make sure I see it now... I've always watched that show in envy...and because the girls are well...models. :P

Thanks for the info Laura! ^^

Guest Christine-Louise

Now this is the sort of advertising that we all need, and that has to be extremely good for us all, especially as they will be in the limelight, I say well done and good luck.

Guest raydub

oh Wow.. this would definitely be interesting to watch.

kinda exciting really.

america is so finicky about what is "OK" or not.. screw whatever the media says..

i just wanna see this girl go strut her stuff!!!!

woohoo! ;)

Raymond

Guest Sergei
Now this is the sort of advertising that we all need, and that has to be extremely good for us all, especially as they will be in the limelight, I say well done and good luck.

I second that. This is what we need. Positive, out members of the transcommunity in the public eye.

Call on Fox News Channel to Apologize for Crude, Dehumanizing Anti-Transgender Comments

http://www.glaad.org/action/calls_archive_detail.php?id=4618

Apparently Fox News channel is up to it's old homophobic, Transphobic tricks of disparaging LGBT's. It is one thing to lean to the right or the left but they insulted this Transgender person with male pronouns and references. Personally i find the Fox News Channel to be extremely biased and un-objective on almost everything.

Laura.

i agree. this isn't a scandalous thing that this girl is doing, i wish her luck.

FOX NEWS TRANSPHOBIA

http://gaycousinteddy.com/2008/08/15/fox-n...sgender-phobia/

I was outreaged after seeing the FOX News Video tearing apart a Transgender person. There have been many articles written Lately about LGBT economic clout in the billions of dollars. In this case an apology is nowhere near enough. This has happened before on the FOX News channe; against LGBT people as well. Enough is enough. I say we hit them and All their advertisers in the wallet and the ratings. When Bias is allowed in a News Organization THat organization is no longer credible. Today I intend to get a list of ALL FOX NEWS ADVERTISERS and write to them to inform them I will No LOnger use any of their products. If all LGBTS persons did that I believe it would make a difference. I wish I could get my cable company to drop FOX NEws from my Cable lineup but I doubt it. I will never watch FOX News Channel or their affiliate stations again.

"Few people realize the true economic power of the LGBT Community. With an estimated 10 million in this group we are worth over 680 BILLION dollars. In these hard economic times we are a force that has been largely untapped". From the Nojudgement website http://nojudgement.org/

Laura

I think it's great too :) . It's too bad Fox News broadcasters had to use what is a cause of celebration for us to put down and denigrate the Transgender Community.

Laura

it didn't seem insulting to me at all. most of the time they even said she. now all of us are biased and this is no way to have an unbiased reporter. even one that uses the "correct" pronouns would be just as biased as one that uses the "incorrect" pronouns. it just depends on your point of view. we must understand that the rest of society views transsexuals as "she was he" for a reason. the concept that "she has a male body" doesnt exist. we can try to educate that this exists but society doesnt want it nor cares about it. I do think its a little bit of unnecessary publicity and while it ghets lgbts in the news, it may not be positive. I haven't seen a lot of negative voices on Fox and don't see a real reason to boycott it.

Castiana

Guest karen_h

Fox reports, you decide? serious lack of reporting there, but i guess it will satisfy their predominantly homophobic audience, and give them some rating points.

karen_h

it didn't seem insulting to me at all. most of the time they even said she. now all of us are biased and this is no way to have an unbiased reporter. even one that uses the "correct" pronouns would be just as biased as one that uses the "incorrect" pronouns. it just depends on your point of view. we must understand that the rest of society views transsexuals as "she was he" for a reason. the concept that "she has a male body" doesnt exist. we can try to educate that this exists but society doesnt want it nor cares about it. I do think its a little bit of unnecessary publicity and while it ghets lgbts in the news, it may not be positive. I haven't seen a lot of negative voices on Fox and don't see a real reason to boycott it.

Castiana

You're not offended? Are you Transgendered? FOx News reporters laughed and joked about her being transgendered and used Male pronouns to an MTF? Transsexualism is a serious medical condition thta can end up in suicide. Would you make fun of people with other medical ailments? Only transgender people are allowed on this site. It is unbelievable you find their behavior OK. It isn't and has happened before with other LGBT people on Fox News. In My opinion FOX News has always shown bias towards the LGBT Community. That is not at all acceptable.

Laura

• Root Admin

Castiana

I find it very hard to believe that one who professes to be transgendered would have the views that you are putting forth. Would you be so kind as to explain why you feel as you do?

MaryEllen

Guest Snow Angel

Castiana

If you were paying attention to the video, it was only obvious the tones of contempt and belittlement you could pick up in their voices. The public is going about this all wrong, this talk shouldn't have even been aired. The woman shouldn't be made light of, but she shouldn't be revered, either. She should just be treated as just another woman on the show. And if she announces she's trans for attention, the proper response should be "Oh? So what? Good luck with the show." That's how I hope responses will be in the future, instead of this being such a 'shocking' subject.

Guest Christine-Louise

I did complain to Fox about the use of the pronouns as soon as I saw the item, not that it will do much good I never had a reply anyway and I don't expect to get one, they are not the sort to reply are they not to a (Transsexual Female) anyway, that would stick in their throat.

Guest Kristine

I make a point to not allow myself to get offended by anything the extreme right-wing media says about the LGBT community. Fox is years behind the curve when it comes to social issues like these. It's sad, but it's gonna be a while before this segment of western culture is fazed out.

I think it's much more important to educate the general population. Going to war with the likes of Fox news is just going to stir up more bad press. Even getting them to apologize isn't a big victory... that's just their policy; say whatever they want, and if they have to, apologize mildly for it later. It's all about ratings, and their target audience is uneducated when it comes to LGBT issues.

Anyway, the way I see it, is even if Fox wants to try to insult this (beautiful) woman, they're only going to end up putting more eyes on her. And exposure is one thing that we need. So in a round-about way, Fox maaay have actually unwittingly done us a favour. I just hope that the Top Model show treats her(and us) with more respect, so that people can watch the show and maybe learn a thing or two.

See? A little optimism can go a long way. =)

Guest Evan_J

I haven't kept up with the news angle but I saw the girl; GOR-GEOUS. And if the show is what it labels itself -a model search not a chromosome inquiry (yeah, like thats not gonna happen.....) then she would have to be treated like what she is; a potentially hot modeling commodity.

Guest theEND

That's awesome for her, I hope she does well. I think it's really cool that she's just following her dreams and not letting being trans get in the way. However, I am a little skeptical about America's Next Top Model, they may be they are genuine, but it wouldn't suprise me if they were just using her as a publicity stunt. But either way I wish her luck, and that her being trans doesn't effect her progress in the competition!

• 3 months later...
Guest eshaver

Listen Ladies , we here in Richmond Va have been besieged with negative insults from "LOCAL" radio talk show brothers for the mayor of Silver ton Oregon being elected . These two Saturday morning clowns have NEVER MET A TRANS PERSON that they DID LIKE. So what else is new girls ? As long as trans people are put on stage for people to GAWK AT like SIDE SHOW WIERDOES, we will never get acceptance ! Ellen Shaver