• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

5 Years In The Making

Guest Risu

These are some images of a cross stitch project I recently finished. It has taken me 5 years and well over 500 hours to complete. In that time this project has had make up spilled on it and I even bled on it a little bit when I was ironing it to get the wrinkles out and frame it. Fortunately both mostly came out.

This is definitely my largest and most detailed project to date with lots of colour blending and such. Every single line, every little detail is hand stitched with a needle and thread... which in some areas leaves a little to be desired but ultimately it turned out great! And after all it's been through I am just so relieved to finally have it clean and framed where it belongs.

JewelsoftheOrientjpg5.jpg

The whole design snug in it's frame

JewelsoftheOrientjpg4.jpg

and this is a close up of the one I call Deok-man.

JewelsoftheOrientjpg3.jpg

close up of the one I call Cheon-myeong.

The reason I decided to call these two Deok-man and Cheon-myeong was because while stitching this I watched a lot of Korean Dramas on DVD to help me practice my Korean. One of them I watched, a historical drama about the first queen of an ancient korean kingdom named Silla or Shilla, featured twin princesses, Deok-man and Cheon-myeong. Not identical princesses, which helps in this case. This is not one of my custom designs, I did this one following a counted cross stitch chart but I like to give my projects custom names to personalize them a bit more.

Anyways, Hope you have enjoyed! Thanks for viewing!

• Forum Moderator

Beautiful! And a marvelous accomplishment as well. This is something you can treasure for a lifetime

The frame and border color are perfect for it too. Great work!

Hugs

Johnny

*Blushes*

Thank you all for the kind comments. This design is only 11 x 17 and it took much longer than anticipated... it really was an exercise in patience, which is very good for me as I need to work on that.

Thank you all again. I just cannot say enough how relieved I am that its finally done..

Guest Julie T

Risu

This presentation was quite a surprise. I don't believe we have ever had anything quite like this here before, and let me say it is magnificent.

Julie

Just Amazing!

My Grandmother and Great Aunt used to do needle point and hooked rugs as well - I am familiar with the process and effort involved in even the simplest designs - this one is breath taking.

Love ya,

Sally