• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good News

Guest nearlyjamie

I have my first appointment with an Endocrinologist coming up! What should i expect and how could i prepair myself?

He's going to ask you why you think you're transgendered - fall back on your therapy when he does.

He's going to inform you that the effects of hormones are permenant. Any breast growth needs surgery to be removed, that after 8 months to a year and you'll be sterile, so you might want to put some of your soldiers away in a bank. That your "equipment" is going to cease to work - or at least take longer to do so. That hormones can't do things like give you eggs, or change your bone structure. And he's going to tell you that you'll have to get your liver and kidneys checked every 6 months to a year. He'll tell you that if you don't smoke or drink or do recreational drugs, it's easier on your kidneys and liver.