• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Seattle's Northern Xposure

MackenzieB

• Forum Moderator

Got this in an email, passing it along...

To our PrideFest Supporters,

Northern Xposure Weekend – affectionately dubbed "NX" by veteran attendees -- is a Seattle social and fundraising event that takes place each August. Produced by Rich Kaalaas and George Delmar of Two Knights Event, and the NX volunteers, it raises money for Lambert House, a resource center for LGBT youth. Various social gatherings – beach parties, dances, a boat cruise and other events – allow attendees to enjoy one of the most beautiful places in the country at a particularly beautiful time of year.

Since its inception in 2000, Northern Xposure Weekend has raised more than $106,000 for Lambert House. Because of this amazing effort by a generous group of friends, Lambert House has kept its doors open to the gay youth of today, helping to shape those who will be gay leaders tomorrow.

This year, NX celebrates it's 10 Year Anniversary, with NX DECADE. It will be a time to celebrate all the hard work that has brought us to this mile stone, and will set the tone for a weekend where anyone in or visiting Seattle can enjoy a great weekend of Socializing, Dancing, Food and Fun!

LIST OF WEEKEND EVENTS:

********* THURSDAY AUGUST 25TH *********

COCKTAIL/ALLTAIL : KICKOFF SOCIAL

Start the weekend off with some tail!

6pm - 10pm

CC Attle's

1701 E. Olive Way

No Cover Event, Donations Encouraged

********* FRIDAY AUGUST 26TH *********

BUXOM BEEFY BONFIRE BONANZA

A Very Special NX Event

7pm-10:30pm

Alki Beach

across the street from Spuds (map)

No Cover Event, Donations Encouraged

MUSCLEUP!

w/ DJ George Delmar

Men, Mayhem, Muscle & Music

9pm-2am

The Baltic Room

1207 Pine St.

$5 Door Cover

or part of the NX Weekend Pass

VALKYRIEQUEER!

The Ladies Have Always Known How to Party!

The Wildrose

9pm-2am

$5 Donation Encouraged

********* SATURDAY AUGUST 27TH *********

NX POOL PARTY

w/ DJ Dana Dub

Let's Get Soaking Wet!

Noon - 5pm

Private Greenlake Estate

$10 Advance Tickets Required

Featuring the first ever NX Project Runway!

MYTHOS DANCE PARTY

w/ DJ/Producer John LePage

Fantasy Come To Life

9pm - 2am

Neumos Nightclub

925 E Pike St.

$12 Advance Tickets

$15 @ The Door

********* SUNDAY, AUGUST 28TH *********

NX COFFEE SOCIAL

1pm-3pm

See the NXposure.com Website for up to date info

SWEATea NX CLOSING PARTY

w/ DJ Brian Gorr

End The Weekend Right

Sponsored by Castrobear Presents

9pm-2am

The Cuff Complex

1533 13th Ave

$10 @ The Door

********* INFORMATION & TICKETS *********

For more information please visit www.nxposure.com. Advance Tickets and the NX Weekend Pass are available at DogHouse Leathers and www.nxposure.com

We hope you'll support our partners over at Northern Xposure/Two Knights in this amazing weekend. We support them because of the great work they do for our community creating great events and giving back to the community.

With Pride,

Egan Orion

Festival Director, PrideFest

www.pridefest.org

• Admin

Thanks, Caitlin. We do have quite a few members from the Pacific Northwest. Hopefully someone can attend.

Carolyn Marie

Hi Caitlin,

We'll just have to participate? How bout the high tea? Oops that's the coffee social.

The beach party at Alki does sound like a good place to make donations, eh?

Thanks for the info!

Love, Meg

• Forum Moderator

Tea? In Seattle? They'd have to take an espresso shop off of one of the street corners to sell that. That would only leave us with what? A few thousand places to get coffee? The teaming hundreds of thousands of caffeine wired minions wouldn't tolerate that very well.

I was tossing the idea of going to Alki around as well.

Guest Lacey Lynne

Dang!

Gotta work when this is going on; otherwise, I'd so be there!

Well, Caitlin and Maggie will rock The Great PNW and do us PROUD at these events. Rock ON, you two! Yeehi!

Anyway, I'll be back here in The People's Republic thinking of both of you fondly. Listening to Zep, The Stones and The Grateful Dead on KGON actually IS good consolation. Heck, on the way back from the mall tonight, KGON lets it rip with The Nuge! This place! ... does nothing ... if not ... ROCK!

Rock on, you two! Maybe I'll be up for events like that in the autumn or winter.

Peace Out :thumbsup: Lacey Lynne

Thinking fondly of both of you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 65 Guests (See full list)

• Timi
    • Karen Carey
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Ashley0616
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

boredhiker
    Newest Member
    boredhiker

1. AllieJ
      AllieJ
      (70 years old)
    2. aqn
      aqn
    3. BecciCP
      BecciCP
      (51 years old)
    4. brytina
      brytina
      (29 years old)
    5. Chancw
      Chancw
      (24 years old)
    • KatieSC
      Good luck with the laser! I remember my first session. I had this salt and pepper stuff, and it was unclear that it would work. After a couple of sessions, I had to switch to electrolysis. Over 220 hours, and I am coming close to the end. Hair removal, no matter the method, is not what I would call fun, but is sure gratifying when you cannot see any hair and you feel smooth soft skin on your face.
    • KatieSC
      I think all of us have a lot of stuff that accumulates over the decades. Whether parents were old or young, being poor has created big barriers for our folks to engage with us when we were growing up. I can sense a lot of hurt in your words Willow. My folks were much younger, and I was fortunate that my folks gave me a lot of support. I still got yelled at, and still got some beatings now and again. I was still to scared to ever tell my folks that I was trans back then. Years later, my mother said to me, "I know more than you think I know."   I was floored. I think back to the how hard they worked for so little. Yet, I know a lot of others had to face much worse. I hope that you and your wife are doing okay. How is she recuperating?     
    • Lorelei
      College.    Engineering school was so difficult and time consuming that I rarely thought of gender. As a result I was a lot less depressed and was suicidal only a couple of times, with no attempts. It was commute-class-commute-homework-study-work repeat. I didn’t sleep much. My father got sober so my home life drastically improved. I only asked one girl and I did get rejected. Apparently she was in a group that forbid dating people from other ethnicity’s and had I got involved with her I could have been killed. I was told about getting killed by someone in that group much later, but I don’t know if that was true or exaggerated.    I nearly flunked out and lost my scholarship freshman year which was a real big stressor. But I hit sophomore year running and kept getting A’s throughout my college years. I did get the scholarship back. I studied so much that I was able to complete 15+ credits of graduate school while still undergrad. I graduated with honors.    My closest friend was in computer engineering (I am civil/environmental engineering) and he was gay. The rest of my friends were women. I definitely felt right with that. My class was like 75% female. I connected with the women much better than men. Although I was definitely presenting as male at that time I felt like I was one of the women. I still didn’t know about the concept of being transgender, all I thought of that was they were cross dressing. But at this point I knew I was a woman inside of a man’s body and men’s clothing.    After graduating, I got a job at the sewer department and took night classes to complete my masters degree in two years. I was able to complete it so quickly because of all the masters credits from when I was undergrad. So it was now work-commute-homework-studying-commute with little time to think about gender. So I was actually pretty happy and not depressed. The summer of graduation I started caving which led to a lot. 
    • Willow
      Good morning    @awkward-yet-sweet you didn’t need to grow up poor or in a bad family to need to get away.   by most standards, my parents should have been my grandparents, my father was 5G when I was born. He never did much with me and if he couldn’t fix it with money he didn’t bother.    My mother was 40 but that was still old to have a baby back then.  I was sick a lot.  Weak compared to others my age.  Mostly mentally abused, not physically but still abused.  I could never get any praise. Got a lot of static about my first year of college. I dropped out and joined the Air Force.  This was at the heights of Vietnam.  Girls joined to get away from abuse with the hope of learning a skill they could use to support themselves when they got out.  Sorry to say a lot of their abuse continued in the service back then.   nothing has changed and I doubt it ever will.
    • Lorelei
      High school   In high school I hung out with the average people so life at school was pretty easy. None of the elementary and middle school craziness I had been suffering. The guys I usually hung out with really weren’t really into crude talk about women which was a breath of fresh air compared to middle school. The jocks left me alone and I avoided them. Just movies and hanging out at the local pizza place. I barely passed in Latin but did very well in the other classes. We, mostly nerdy girls, would hang out in the biology lab with a freshly graduated lab teacher. She barely looked like she was older than us and probably knew we were cutting another class. I guess administration figured hanging out and talking about college to a teacher was low priority to enforce compared to the kids cutting class to smoke pot, tobacco or drinking alcohol in the restrooms. Gym was ok, but I did earn the nickname of hyper changer since I would change so fast that nobody saw me changing.  I felt wrong though even though I was doing good socially. I definitely knew I was in the wrong body and hated my penis. Needless to say, I was very depressed in high school and had tried to kill myself a couple of times. It is amazing that my liver survived the Tylenol overdose I took before bed one day. My parents knew that I was depressed and had me on antidepressants but they did not know that I had attempted suicide until I told them a couple of years ago. The meds really didn’t help. I still didn’t tell my doctor that I was in the wrong gender. It didn’t help that my father was alcoholic and was verbally abused sometimes. He did get sober and my relationship with him drastically improved.     I also huffed basically anything volatile to escape my life. I had some fierce hangovers from that. Nobody knew that I had been doing that either. Ultimately I quit that freshman year of college after face planting into a toolbox full of sharp tools. Outwardly I seemed happy to everyone.    Like every boy I was expected to ask girls out, but the concept felt unnatural. It felt like that the girls should be asking me out. No surprise that I went to next to no dances, and the only one I ended up dancing was a goth girl, like the polar opposite of my lifestyle. I ended up hanging out with her and her friends pretty regularly. when prom came, we made plans to hang out at the mall, but those plans fell through. I still talked to them on Facebook up until I ended up marrying someone. I was definitely one of the girls with them, but I didn’t realize that. High school would have been a bad to have started transitioning as I would have likely been expelled. Catholic school.    Later post for that. I initially did meet my wife in high school but it amounted to me saying “hi” and running off. I was very shy. I also thought she was with someone else, but now know that guy is gay and they were inseparably close friends. She was only one class with me.   My high school was a catholic school so everyone was expected to attend college. We had three West Point cadets come from my class, but one of them ended up deciding to go to Harvard medical instead (it was an Ivy League medical school, I am not entirely sure it was Harvard). I graduated in 2000 with honors and got accepted to an engineering school in New York City with a partial scholarship. Currently the only people from high school that I am in touch with are my wife and her gay best friend. 
    • Tiffany 838
      Good morning all. A brisk clear morning, however beautiful to sit outside with a hot cup of coffee and enjoy the birds chirping.  Have a great day.   
    • KatieSC
      As I keep reading all of the news articles chronicling the attempts to eradicate our very existence, I do wish that the Biden administration would let us do something to reduce the trail for those who want to out us, denigrate us, humiliate us, and eliminate us. If they would allow us to change our social security number, then erase the record of doing so, it would prevent people like Paxton from zeroing in on us. I read an article this morning that there are 13 Red states that are planning to initiate legislation based on birth gender. This could mean they try to reverse our licenses, and public records. Imagine the damage. Unfortunately, in so many of these states, there is an R super-majority, and reasoning with these (expletive deleted) individuals will not happen. These super-majority politicians ignore every medical professional and their associated professional organization with glee in their eyes. Even if the courts try to intervene, it is like playing bingo. Sooner or later, these proposed laws will go to the super-majority R-led/appointed Supreme Court, and we know where that will lead.   I plan on enjoying my last year or so of having a license and social security records that reflect the brain I was born with (female), rather than my male genitalia at birth. I wish I could get a rosier vision in my head. Even if we get out to vote in the national election in November, these super-majority R-led states will still make our lives hell.
    • Charlize
      These folks sure have an unhealthy fascination and irrational hatred for those both giving and receiving medical help for established medical help.   Unfortunately it is hurting so many who need help.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • KymmieL
      Working on my cars, being in the wind
    • RaeOfSunshine
      Good morning all! I have my BA scheduled in May (yay!) and as the date gets closer, I wanted to get some opinions on what questions I should be asking during my pre-op appointment. I've already had a consult, and I got good vibes and my questions at the time were all answered, but I suppose I'm in that mindset of "you don't know what you don't know." First question I have are what questions should I be asking at the pre-op appointment?   Secondly-what was recovery like? TImeframes for going back to work, pain levels, tips and tricks, all are welcome. Thank you all!
    • Heather Shay
      What is your favorite pastime?
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      My social world is now expanding.
    • Heather Shay
      e·la·tion /əˈlāSH(ə)n/ noun   great happiness and exhilaration. "Richard's elation at regaining his health was short-lived"
    • Heather Shay
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.