• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Michele Bachmann

Guest Elizabeth K

• Admin

Joking huh? Yeah, I guess the loss of over 20 lives, including a couple of children, is pretty funny, when you get right down to it. I just can't figure why I'm not rolling on the floor right now.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Svenna

Joke or no joke, comments like these pander to the most bigoted segments of our culture. Of course, she knows that because her political support comes from that very segment. A shrewd and calculated way to inflame support of her agenda from those less savvy than herself and her advisors..

Winning at all costs has become a sickness in politics, and it threatens not only us, but the very fabric of civilized society..

I generally try to ignore such moronic rhetoric, but it gets harder over time..

I'm not sure if I am more concerned that she is manipulating voters with such nonsense, or that she may actually believe the things she says..

Either way, it makes me sick to my stomach to see folks using deity to justify their own hatred of others (and most likely, themselves)...

I'll try to remain charitable and hope for her eventual realization that deity seems to only 'speak directly' to those with serious mental health issues. She needs help that I am not qualified to give,,

Have we, as living creatures, learned absolutely nothing in 7-8 billion years?

Svenna

Guest Vixen Amber

Yeah that's why New York is standing there loud and proud still. I wish I could pop her in the mouth. I'll take the assault charges.

She is so clueless and I can't believe many American citizens actually love her. I guess she gets the ignorant vote.

Jenny

Can we please keep the posts about this witch hunter in the politics forum where they belong?

I'd just as soon not be constantly reminded of her existance...

Thanks.

Obviously another topic dedicated to bashing christians and conservatives.

I thought religious and political subject weren't to be posted in the general forum?

Wait, I know, when it comes to bashing said groups it is neither political or religious in nature, it is just evidently the right thing to do.

Guest ChloëC

I have my own feelings on Michele Bachmann, and I will gladly share them with anyone who cares to listen, but I have to agree, the General Forum is not the right place for this kind of discussion. Especially since the intro to this forum specifically says - "You may discuss any general topic here. Religion and Politics Discussions must be in the appropriate forums only."

Perhaps, those who wish to continue the discussion can move it the appropriate place? I'll be glad to add my 2c worth.

Hugz

Chloë

Guest Svenna

I didn't realize the post was in the wrong forum, so please forgive my inadvertent mis-step by replying to it here...

It does seem to be better suited for a non-General Forum to me also..

For the record, though, I had no intent to bash anything but ignorance itself, where ever, and from whomever, it may be originating...

The fact that the person in question is has already gone on record condemning folk like myself to eternal damnation, aside, of course! wink wink!!

Love and all things positive, Svenna

Guest Donna Jean

I thought religious and political subject weren't to be posted in the general forum?

Wait, I know, when it comes to bashing said groups it is neither political or religious in nature, it is just evidently the right thing to do.

Ok, NOW it's in the "Political forum......

I find this funny...

After all....an eye for an eye....Ti.t for Tat....

This person wants to set us and our brothers and sisters back 100 years....wipe out all we've gained so far!

She started any bashing.....

Let her stop it first!

Donna Jean

Guest ChloëC

Regarding God killling people to get one's attention. I always laugh at the phrase 'Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord'. Because sometimes it appears that the Lord is either too busy or more likely too stupid to figure out how to apply that Vengeance and so needs human help. As if turning people to pillars of salt and lightening strikes and earthquakes and other natural disasters don't do the job, well, I guess I need to give the Lord a hand.

And it also appears that the Lord is also too stupid to figure out how to show others who is to be damned and so also needs human help to do that. Amazing how many people think they are better equipped to do things and so much smarter than the Lord, isn't it?

Hugz

Chloë

Guest ChloëC

Oh, yeah, I don't call it Christian bashing because I don't accept that Michele Bachmann is a Christian. I also don't call it conservative bashing because Michele Bachmann isn't a conservative. She is a demagog who wants to institute a theocracy based totalitarian government and punish people she doesn't like - poor, minorities, us. This happened less than 100 years ago in another country. Every single person here should be concerned that it doesn't happen again. Democracy is a very fragile institution, easily overturned by the greedy and conceited and allowed by the ignorant and uninvolved.

Hugz

Chloë

Just a word or two about this person and her views - they may seam to be really stupid to us and so insane that it is bound to cost her the election - do not underestimate the stupidity of the American public!

Remember that to the amazingly large portion of the American public that listens to Rush Limbaugh, Ronald Reagan was the best President we ever had and yet under Reagan (not counting his many forays around and beyond the Constitutional limitations of his office) our economy amassed some of the largest deficits in history and fought undeclared and actually Unconstitutional wars and even invasions - George Bush continued the policies and finally we elected that horrible man Bill Clinton who, while being of somewhat questionable morals did manage to leave this country at peace and with a surplus - read that again - a surplus - enter George W Bush - we needed to get away from that 'badman's policies and get back to the right path' - warfare and tax cuts for the very wealthy (they do not create jobs - they cut them to keep a larger portion - wake up) so now they blame Obama for the mess that he inherited - sadly he does not have the same level of charisma or whatever it was that allowed Mr. Clinton to accomplish all that he did.

Any form of National health care will not happen until the ruling class can no longer afford health care and then it won't cover anyone else anyway.

My point - do not count her out as just being a lunatic - that no longer rules them out.

She has made a conscious choice to go this route banking on the terribly uninformed and backward thinkers to put her over the top - I doubt that she is anywhere near as stupid as most people think and clever manipulative people can be very dangerous.

That's all of my preaching for today - I am going out to watch the swamp burning.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

I disagree, Drea. It is a topic bashing Michelle Bachman, and only Michelle Bachman, who richly deserves bashing, IMO.

There are conservatives and Christians who are willing to support the LGBT Community. I know of many clergymen in the Bible Belt who do, and recently posted about a bunch of them welcoming the Community with open arms. Unfortunately, I know of no Christian or conservative running for President who does. Ron Paul comes closest, but he's kind of hard to figure out.

I don't believe in single issue politics, but none of the Republican candidates are worth supporting for any reason.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Vixen Amber

Lol I suppose if it were hitler you'd think we'd be bashing cup cakes. y'ok :3 Let's face facts, she is entering the political field with some very stupid ideas and we should just be all nice and coddle them. ;) sure.

Guest ChloëC

I believe that giving one's opinions - in the proper place - is an acceptable action, as long as one is not condoning hatred or violence (either physical or mental) towards another person. To attack anyone for their opinion is belittling the other person and making you not look very decent. I disagree with Michele Bachmann's stands on many subjects, but spewing hatred towards her will win precious few friends from those on the sidelines who are trying to decide who looks and acts more appropriate to support. We have been attacked by both people on the right AND on the left in the past few days. Becoming hateful and spiteful towards anyone whether they agree with those views or feel that views have a right to be heard - as long as one is not condoning hatred or violence - is not and should never be appropriate behavior. We should be working to rise above that, not sinking to their level.

And this casual tossing out of comparing people directly to cup cake's is fast making the casual person less understanding of exactly how terrible that phase was. The world has experienced a number of totalitarian governments where not only the rights but even the opinions of minorities were quickly buried. We should all work to be better that that. And especially we need to stop calling each other names here on Laura's Playground.

Hugz

Chloë

Guest Vixen Amber

If you have looked at the crowd she caters to you could see that the whole Godwin might be applicible here albeit a bit innapropriate elsewhere. I firmly believe that if "crazy eyes" had her way along with a large percent of those who vote for her you would see that it would be a very grim place for the GLBT. You can already see what people who she might be associating with have done in Uganda.

Guest Vixen Amber

Granted it hasn't passed but that bill in the hands people who would vote positively on it is a very dangerous thing. I wholeheartedly believe that we are at a impasse with a lot of zealously religious. She caters to this crowd. I stand strong with my words no matter how many of you thing they are "politically incorrect or nasty"

Guest Jaded1

Can we please keep the posts about this witch hunter in the politics forum where they belong?

Thanks.

Amen.

The only thing worse than having to hear that uneducated, bigoted harpy is having my time wasted with having to hear ABOUT her. I understand folks' outrage about Ken and Barbie (Perry / Bachman) and the unrelenting supply of stupid exiting their pieholes but it is taking away the air supply from talking about the REAL issues and the (should be) REAL candidates.

I know that politicizing everything nowadays is the duty of our elected officials and the media pulpit goes to the loudest (and usually dumbest) of them but I would hope that at some point the ones with brain cells left among us will not allow this to control our understanding of the issues and completely sidetrack our conversations and debates of what is TRULY important as in 2011 we STILL have a failing nation, STILL have an economy on the verge, STILL have income disparity worse than 37 other westernized nations (and worsening), STILL have to sell our souls for healthcare and education, STILL waste trillions maintaining a crumbling empire and STILL most of us don't have a job that we can live on or any job at all.

THOSE are the issues I think we should be talking about and not what this moron had whispered to her by her Go... er I mean fighting-to-stay-in-the-closet-husband. The only difference between her and Jerry Springer to me is the fact that Jerry Springer at least knows he is just doing what he does for shock value and to line his pockets.

Guest Donna Jean

Thanks.

Amen.

I know that politicizing everything nowadays is the duty of our elected officials and the media pulpit goes to the loudest (and usually dumbest) of them but I would hope that at some point the ones with brain cells left among us will not allow this to control our understanding of the issues and completely sidetrack our conversations and debates of what is TRULY important as in 2011 we STILL have a failing nation, STILL have an economy on the verge, STILL have income disparity worse than 37 other westernized nations (and worsening), STILL have to sell our souls for healthcare and education, STILL waste trillions maintaining a crumbling empire and STILL most of us don't have a job that we can live on or any job at all.

Please notice that this topic IS in the political forum......

Also, if she were to get in, all of the other issues would be a moot point for us and our kind.....

We have to first be able to exist to decide on the quality of life next!

Donna Jean

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 139 Guests (See full list)

• Mmindy
    • MaeBe
    • Charlize
    • Piper
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • VickySGV