• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hair/hormones

Guest Briahnna

Guest Briahnna

Just a couple of questions for those of you who may also have had similar issues.

I am still relatively young, going on 29 in feb. I know I have a lot of time to do what needs to be done but I also feel like I am fightinh the clock where I hear after about thirty your body doesn't take to HRT as well. Ok so enough rambling and now to my question. I have had a issue with early hair loss. My top is starting to get thin. I understand with everyone YMMV but I am wondering if I am pretty much doomed to wigs and or tramsplants to correct this, or is it something that HRT will take care of for me?

I've heard that HRT prevents male-pattern balding, but I'm not sure how effective (if at all) it would be at reversing hair loss that's already happening... I've never heard anything to suggest that it does, sadly. But I'm no expert and can't give a definite answer.

Guest Snow Angel

HRT will not make hair regrow, but it will stop male pattern baldness. If you have a few missing spots it can be taken care of with something like bosley or hair transplants. But yeah some people can't use their natural hair if they've let MPB attack them too much. If you're absolutely sure you want to change your gender, try to get on Testosterone blockers or get a castration as soon as you can to save your hair.

Guest Briahnna

Well, I am sure about transitioning. And I am working as fast as o can at this point but money is tight and ins. Doesn't go far for what we need it for. I hear the new style of transplants are pretty good. They take hair from else where and reopen your folecules with it, which iin turn causes the hair to regrow out of it. But then I am not sure haven't looked into it cause of not having money. And the person who told me that may not have known what he was talking about.

Thanks for the responces everyone

Love,

Bri

Guest Briahnna

Hey guys and gals

just something I wanted to bring up that perked my interest while I was checking out hair transplants which I am pretty sure I will have to do now. after a lot of deciding I don't want to do hair transplants cause I don't like the idea of losing my back hair for my top hair. so I found a few articles on stem cell research in hair regrowth. supposedly there is a new procedure that a British company is developing where they extract the cells in one follicle and clone them, then inject them into your dead follicles, supposedly something like 100 extracted will give a full head of hair...... and its supposedly going to be on the market for general consumption by 2010. I am quite excited, and if have to do wigs for a year or so, so be it. this sounds like the way to go not sure how to post a link.... I am not very forum board savvy but here is something to search for to show you some links. Follicular Cell Implantation. should end up with promising effects for the TG community as a whole

Love bri

Been on hrt for 6 months and I do find that the hair loss not only stopped but the thin wispy hair began to fill out and regain color. I also take a anti-androgen.

Charlotte

Hey guys and gals

just something I wanted to bring up that perked my interest while I was checking out hair transplants which I am pretty sure I will have to do now. after a lot of deciding I don't want to do hair transplants cause I don't like the idea of losing my back hair for my top hair. so I found a few articles on stem cell research in hair regrowth. supposedly there is a new procedure that a British company is developing where they extract the cells in one follicle and clone them, then inject them into your dead follicles, supposedly something like 100 extracted will give a full head of hair...... and its supposedly going to be on the market for general consumption by 2010. I am quite excited, and if have to do wigs for a year or so, so be it. this sounds like the way to go not sure how to post a link.... I am not very forum board savvy but here is something to search for to show you some links. Follicular Cell Implantation. should end up with promising effects for the TG community as a whole

Love bri

Guest Ashley fl

i am hrt 10 months now , taking blockers also , ive noticed the hair thicker and stronger , girls have the hormones for hair no doubt , i also take biotin , its a vitamin supliment i think a ,(B) vitamin , its made just for healthy skin hair and nails , says right on the bottle , its available at any major drug store that sells vitamins , in the vitamin section , i go to wallmart for it.