• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Packer Experiences And Reviews

Guest My_Genesis

Guest My_Genesis

Okay, I am going to start this one off with my own review.

Product Company: T-Kingdom

Product: Model 980

Price: $38.57

Review on shipping: Shipping was fine. No problems there.

Review on customer service (if applicable): n/a

Review on actual product: I would say only use this if you are an A or smaller. It only works part-way for me (I am a borderline A/B cup.) Also, I have to wear something else under it because it gets kinda itchy in the armpit area and the part under the chesticles (there is an elastic band type fabric for the binding area and the rest is like spandex/cotton or something. So that part where the elastic is sewn to the spandex/cotton is a bit uncomfortable - moreso than just a bra [which I am used to anyways and don't find uncomfortable lol]) Other than that, it is comfy but I am probably going to end up just buying the double front so that I don't have to wear 3 layers in this lovely summer weather we're getting here in NYC (sarcasm) but since your breast size can decrease on T, it may work for me then, and also in the winter layering up wouldn't be an issue.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• JJ

Guest karl636

product company: underworks

product model: 983 short compression vest

price: $29.99 (£around £20 in GBP)

review on shipping: extremely quick as it came from the USA to the UK. I received it within 2 weeks.

Review on customer service: N/A

Review on product: This was a very good binder. I tend to wear this when I don't want something compressing my stomach and it does a good job and gets me flat. I can't fault it. As it is the short one I don't have troubles with it rolling up.

product model: 997 the double front

price: $29.99 again

review on shipping: same as above, it arrived in the same package, they were ordered at the same time.

review on customer service: N/A

review on product: Again I have found this to be a very good binder I definitely reccomend underworks. I find this one has slightly better compression than the triple front and it eliminates the curve of my hips which is an added bonus. The only negative is that it does roll up a lot and I need to keep adjusting it during the day.

Guest Quinn

Product Company: T-Kingdom

Product: Model 980 (in white) Found here.

Price: $38.57...with shipping I think my total was around $42

Review on shipping: No problems with shipping - though for me it did come as a special delivery that my mom had to sign for since I wasn't there, just a note for anyone who wants to intercept before parents or whatnot.

Review on actual product: I'm gonna agree that this, along with seemingly many of T-Kingdom's products, are geared for people with already small chests. I'm around an A or something like that, and it does work very nicely for me. I wear a muscle shirt between it and whatever shirt I'm wearing usually, but that's just a personal preference. The binding on the top half can also be a bit coarse, so I sewed in the front half of a sports bra to make it feel softer. The bottom does roll up for me, so I tuck it under my underwear and pants to keep it down...though I think for my next binder I'm going to get one that cuts off shorter, so as to not have to worry about tucking the bottom in all the time. Also, the site says you can wear it like a regular tank...believe me, you can't xD It's very noticeable that it is not a normal tank, and it shows every tiny curve you have. However, it is a really good binder and I'm happy with it. The shoulders have stretched out a bit over time, but that's normal really.

Guest Brendan

As a request from the peanut gallery, can you guys who post reviews tell about what size chest you have? What works for a B probably won't work for a DD. As a larger chested guy, my major question is always how well will it flatten my giant moobs -.- (I envy you small chested guys sooooo much). Most of you have already but it would be nice if everyone who doesn't mind would do so.

Guest Evan_J

[review posted "in hind sight", not currently using product]

product model: 997 the double front

price: $29.99 again

review on shipping:excellent, 3day shipping arrived on time.

review on product: At the time, I had the "extremely large" issue, the double front was able to compress the chest and (with some adjustment) create a "flat, buff" look. The length also helped make the stomach and lower areas look more steamed and created a "typical male" shape. Some people have said they needed to wear another thinner t-shirt under it because of the stiff-type material, I did't have that problem and was able to wear it solo under outer items. If you have stomachs or bottom halfs that are bigger, yeah, after some use you'll have roll ups but I resolved that by tucking it into undershorts. For me anyway, the sizing guide for FtMs was on point. I worried that "maybe I should buy one size smaller" and did buy a second one under the size I actually measured to; that second one was too tight and never used.

For reference, my chest is a large B (maybe small C) cup, and I'm a fairly average build (5'5", 145 pounds). I wear a size small in all of the binders reviewed below.

Product Company: Underworks

Product: Tri-Top Chest Binder (983)

Price: $29.99

Review on shipping: Fine, arrived on time

Review on actual product: I love this binder. I've been wearing it every day for 3+ years now with almost no complaints. It gets me flatter than any other binder I've tried, and I really like that it's not full-length; it feels less constricting that way. It does sometimes roll up a little, but this isn't uncomfortable, nor is it generally visible, unless I'm wearing a particularly tight shirt or raising my arms above my head a lot. It also sometimes digs in under my armpits. When the binder is new, this can be somewhat painful, but I usually stick a few sheets of toilet paper in under the armpit area for a few weeks, which works fine. The black one is more comfortable than the white one (I think they're made of different fabrics). Overall, I've got to say this is my favorite binder.

Product: Double Front Compression Shirt (997)

Review on actual product: I'm kind of lukewarm about this binder. If I position my chest right and wear looser shirts, it binds well enough, but not nearly as tightly as the tri-top. I also really don't like the fact that it's full-length. My hips are kind of wide, and so it always rolls up. No matter what I do, the binder rolls up and bunches around my waist, which is super uncomfortable. Otherwise, though, the binder is pretty comfortable, and it doesn't seem to dig into my armpits as much as the tri-top. I don't use this binder very often.

Product: Cotton Concealer Compression Muscle Shirt (974)

Price: $32.99

Review on actual product: Hated this binder. I bought it accidentally (I thought I was buying the double front), and I kept it because I thought it might be nice to work out in or something. WRONG. While it was super comfortable, it barely bound my chest at all. In order to wear it, I had to wear another binder underneath it, which kind of defeated the whole purpose. I also had some problems with it rolling up at the bottom. I ended up giving this away to the Big Brothers Used Binders program about a year ago.

Product Company: Title 9

Product: Frog Bra

Price: $32.00

Review on actual product: This binder was a lifesaver when I lived at home and didn't want to be putting binders through the wash and raising suspicions (I wasn't out or anything at the time). It looks just like a regular sports bra, but it's incredibly compressive. It didn't get me totally flat, but with looser shirts it worked fine. It was also more comfortable to work out in than other binders.

Here's a link to a video I made about binding about a year ago (for those of you audio/visual folks): http://www.youtube.com/user/Liam4230#p/u/7/2eo27FnPsy0

Guest insanitylives

As a request from the peanut gallery, can you guys who post reviews tell about what size chest you have? What works for a B probably won't work for a DD. As a larger chested guy, my major question is always how well will it flatten my giant moobs -.- (I envy you small chested guys sooooo much). Most of you have already but it would be nice if everyone who doesn't mind would do so.

I second this request.

Guest karl636

product company: T-kingdom

product model: 801

price: 42 euros

review on shipping: arrived very quickly and in descrete packaging.

review on product: This binder is absolutely awful! This was the first binder that I owned and it didn't bind at all, it was like wearing a normal bra. If I wore a regular t-shirt my breasts were noticable and only with a very loose t-shirt (polo shirt or sports shirt) could I actually appear flat. The binder doesn't compress it just holds it all in which would be unhelpful for larger guys. Overall I don't recommend the 801 as it will do nothing at all.

Guest My_Genesis

product company: T-kingdom

product model: 801

price: 42 euros

review on shipping: arrived very quickly and in descrete packaging.

review on product: This binder is absolutely awful! This was the first binder that I owned and it didn't bind at all, it was like wearing a normal bra. If I wore a regular t-shirt my breasts were noticable and only with a very loose t-shirt (polo shirt or sports shirt) could I actually appear flat. The binder doesn't compress it just holds it all in which would be unhelpful for larger guys. Overall I don't recommend the 801 as it will do nothing at all.

Yikes! Thanks for posting about T-Kingdom. Overall I wouldn't recommend them if you are larger than an A, based on my own experience and what you said above.

Guest MrAwesome

I'm about a B maybe? I Don't know for sure, never measured. I'm 5'6", 200lbs now but was 230 before. These are in the order that I tried them...

Product: Cotton Concealer Muscle Shirt (Not sure of the Model Number off the top of my head.)

Price: A little over $30

Review on shipping: Underworks has very good shipping, send it out very fast. Same day or day after usually unless it's the weekend.

Review on customer service (if applicable): They have a line you can call to ask questions, the 1st double front I ordered was too small and I had to call them. The person was nice on the phone. I had to sent them back and get a different size, there was no problem with that.

Review on actual product: 1st, the product is made with 1 layer of the inding material and in the front, 1 in the back. Then they have a piece of cotton-spandex over it, and it's sewn together. Personally, this doesn't work too well for me by itself. But it's an Okay binder with a loose shirt. If you have a smaller chest, this might be something to look into.

Product: Double front

Review on shipping: ---

Review on customer service (if applicable): ---

Review on actual product: The way it is made, it has 2 panels in the front, 1 in the back. It comes down pretty far on me, a couple inches below my gut. This one has been my favorite so far, it's the one I wear the majority of the time. It works well for binding my chest. But it also kind of sucks in the gut, plus the hips. I think the fact that it makes things seem more even is important, and like Evan mentioned it gives more of a masculine shape in general. The biggest problem I found was rolling up. I'll post solutions to this at the bottom.

Product: Tri-Top Chest Binder (983)

Review on actual product: 1st, this binder is made of 3 panels of binding material in the front and 1 in the back. It comes down a couple inches maybe below my chest. This I found to be a problem, because the portion that went down over the top of my stomach constantly rolled up. On a thin person, this might not be an issue but if you have a larger belly I don't think I would suggest it. It also doesn't bind as well on me as others, though it does a pretty good job still. The sizing is different on the Tri-Top, because it has 3 layers in the front, so it was a little looser on me cause I had to get the bigger size.

Product: Chest only compression shirt

Price: A little more than $30 I think.

Review on actual product: For the record, I don't really wear this one often. The Binding material only covers the chest, there's 2 panels in the front, 2 in the back. Then there's a tank-style cotton-spandex shirt over it that goes over your belly. It binds pretty well, it's a little tighter than the double front because it has an extra panel in the back. It doesn't have an issue with rolling up, the cotton shirt thing sewed on over it does though for me. I'd suggest tucking it into your pants. Other than that - it's a pretty good binder. I just personally don't like that it doesn't have any stomach compression.

My latest purchase:

Product: Swimming tank binder

Price: A little over $40 ($70 with the shorts.)

Review on actual product:

Recently I joined the YMCA, as Lewis. I'm stealth there. :) They have an indoor pool and I decided to buy the Swimming tank. I've been swimming twice with it so far, and I passed 100%. Used the Men's locker room. I didn't need a shirt over it or anything. It is made with a layer of compression material in the front and back, and a spandex like material over it like a person might wear in a pool. (Not sure what to call it.) It has a zipper in the front, It runs about part way down the binder. It's easy to get in and out of. It's comfortable. It compresses my hips too, and gives a nice Male body shape. I don't know how it will work for larger chests. But it's working very well for me.

Tips:

Swim Tank - This isn't hard to figure out, but the zipper isn't easy to get up. So I pull it together in the front about 3 inches(?) above the zipper and then pull it up. Simple.

Rolling up? - You can tuck full length binders into your pants, but this I have found doesn't always work for me, especially if I'm exercising or something. So, I pull it down and take a belt around it, just under my belly. Then, I pull the extra material under it, over the belt. The point is to make the binder roll around it so it sticks to it.

Cutting in? - I find I have problems with the binder cutting in, especially under the arms. I've found a spandex shirt does a good job at eliminating this. It also helps to get the binder on, because the material just slips over it... You can also use a regular tight T-shirt, or something like that.

Large hips? - This doesn't really have much to do with binding, but I found if you have large hips, I like to wear spandex shorts over them, and pull my double front over.

Adjusting your chest in the binder - Generally, I like to flatten them out against my chest 1st, kind of like they're collapseable moobs. Then I shift them a little more down and out.

Hope this helps,

~Lewis

Guest My_Genesis

Product: Model 997 - Double Front

Price: $29.99 + shipping

Review on shipping: Great, only took about 3-4 business days.

Review on actual product: Much better than the other binder I got - the 980 from T-kingdom. It is more comfortable to wear directly on your skin - with the T-Kingdom I always had to wear something underneath it. The T-Kingdom also is made of thicker material so it is not as comfortable in hot weather. This binder is made of thinner material (at least the white one is.) Also, it binds better. It doesn't get me completely flat which is odd because I am only an A almost B. Maybe that's because I bought a medium and I am on the low end of the measurements specified on their website for a medium - so maybe it has a little more give than it should. I don't want the small though, it would probably be too small. Also, I am not on T yet, so once T takes effect I will probably look flatter. Right now it just kinda looks like I have pecs. I have no complaints about this binder. So far it hasn't rolled up, but maybe that's because I haven't washed it yet.

I got a binder from T-Kingdom a while ago. I thought it'd be fine because I am small. Well at least I thought I was. But while it does bind I find way too painful. I was wondering if anyone knew of any binders that didn't cause so much pain and restriction with breathing! I guess I should probably get a size bigger than the last one?

Guest My_Genesis

I got a binder from T-Kingdom a while ago. I thought it'd be fine because I am small. Well at least I thought I was. But while it does bind I find way too painful. I was wondering if anyone knew of any binders that didn't cause so much pain and restriction with breathing! I guess I should probably get a size bigger than the last one?

Binding shouldn't be painful. I've been wearing the double front for about half of today, still wearing it now, and I would wear it to sleep if I could, but I've heard that's not too good for your chest. By T-Kingdom sizing, I am a large, but by Underworks, I am between a small and a medium. So if you are saying you're small, you are probably more of a medium or large in T-Kingdom sizing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wolfy19

Hi everyone! I am now back from ¡Espana! and as promised this is my review on what best to do with binding when swimming.

So I have underworks 997 in white and I bought the 918 swimming binder, but not the shorts for reasons i shall explain..

Ok, the 997, perfect for swimming really, regardless whether its in the sea or in a pool. Problems, dont get white! Big mistake! My binder has now gone slightly blue. Also, there is a problem with smell... I am struggling to get the smell of sea water out of the binder and am considering having to replace it. Also taking the wet binder off- very difficult! I actually put my thumb through the single panel at the back whilst painfully trying to pull it off. Best thing to do would be to dry out before you take it off or ask for help.

997 - perfect binding, easy for swimming, even though the one i used was the small and really... i shud use the medium but it doesnt bind as well... problems arise after you've been swimming and removing and washing can be a real pain.

The underworks swimming binder, didn't bind as much as i'd have liked, in comparison to the 997. Also the lycra lower part was a constant irritation. Whenever i jumped into the pool it would immediately ride up and even when i was just swimming, it would ride up and flash my stomach which gave the total wrong look of trying to make it look i was just wearing a tank top, instead it started looking like a sports bra. Also the zip it has on the front tends to bend which even if the binding was any good, would be basically looking like you have breasts anyway! This is because the binding panel is on the inside in just a strip and then the rest of the binder is made of lycra which isn't the stiffest of materials and to sum up, its a bobbins binder lol

My recommendation, use a small swimming costume or sports bra and wear a tshirt over the top. I spent quite a bit of money just to be able to pass and swim, and my money was pretty much wasted as i now have a ruined 997 and a totally useless swimming binder.

Guest Evan_J

All reviews are appreciated, but I'm gonna ask that formatting be maintained for these as we procede so that there is ease in reading and locating info. Be mindful of uniformity. Extra lines like "notation" or "size of reviewer " are added easily enough (the decision to disclose body size is at the discretion of the reviewer). The basic setup though should be as follows :

Product Company:

Product:

Price:

Review on shipping:

Review on customer service (if applicable):

(posting for those who'd like to cut and paste)

Add whatever else you need.

Guest My_Genesis

All reviews are appreciated, but I'm gonna ask that formatting be maintained for these as we procede so that there is ease in reading and locating info. Be mindful of uniformity. Extra lines like "notation" or "size of reviewer " are added easily enough (the decision to disclose body size is at the discretion of the reviewer). The basic setup though should be as follows :

Product Company:

Product:

Price:

Review on shipping:

Review on customer service (if applicable):

(posting for those who'd like to cut and paste)

Add whatever else you need.

Props to Quinn for that formatting :D

I would like to add to this that if you want to reply to a review, that's fine too. That's kinda tangential from the reviews themselves... for example, Matty kinda replied to my review with just kind of a paragraph. That's okay. But for the reviews themselves... keep the basic format. :)

Guest aadenr

I'm about an A almost B cup.

Product: Style 988, white

Price: 41.74, and thats including shipping which was just the regular 3-8 days. The binder is just 34.99 without shipping.

Review on shipping: Shipping was pretty quick. I ordered Wednesday night, and I got an email right after they sent it out Thursday night. I kept getting updates of where it was, and it arrived yesterday night to Colorado, and I received it today not too long ago. So about 4 days it took to get here.

Review on customer service (if applicable):n/a

Review on actual product: I decided to get the 988 because I heard it looks more like a tank top. It really does, but its not passable as just a tank top. You can see the binding differences. I was going to get the 997 but I didn't want the stomach binding and the 988 just appealed to me more because it looks more "normal" whatever that is. It was a little tricky putting on, but it binds perfectly. I felt kinda awkward in it at first because it makes my poster better lol. I felt like I was just standing up straight, but thats so much better since slouching is not good. It keeps my back straight. I was actually able to crack my back so easily with it on lol, and it felt good! xD

It doesn't ride up at all, and its just really comfortable. This is my first binder and I'm already in love with it! Taking it off is going to be hard though lol.

Guest barton

Product: Style 988

Price: $34.99 + shipping

Review on shipping: arrived in good time

Reviewer chest size: Upper D

Review on actual product: The difference between bound and unbound is quite noticeable, but there is still evidence of mounds. With a little positioning work, you could try to pull of a 'buff' chest look, but whether it looks realistic or not would depend on your body type I suppose. However frequent adjustments are necessary to keep this look and prevent a massive uniboob from forming. In my experience, I highly recommend going with the right size, so measure carefully! I was close to the line between two sizes and at first got the smaller size. It took forever to get on and, while the compression gave me a very flat chest, it was too tight. I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes before starting to get dizzy and, in the end, had to cut myself out of it. The actual binder material stops just below the chest and can be a little uncomfortable at times. Wearing a shirt under the binder would probably help, but I prefer not to and just put up with the discomfort (which only really becomes bothersome after a few hours). While I like the comfort of not having my abdomen compressed, there are times when the compression material feels a little too short and could be just a bit longer. Specifically, when positioning the chest. I have to push them more out than down, as going too far down puts part of them past the compression material. But overall I'm satisfied with this binder.

Guest Solstice

I have a question, though it seems I can't ever find any FTMs with the same body type, so I'm not sure if anyone will have a straight answer, but even vague advice would be helpful since I'm kind of at a loss here. I am only 5' 5'' and 120 lbs, but I have large 32C or small 32D size chest. I am beginning to doubt I will ever be able to even remotely flatten my relatively large chest to look even close to similar to my thin waist. People have been telling me T-Kingdom, but it really seems that they are for people small all over, not small in the waist large in the chest :P can anyone give any recommendations? I have been struggling with this for ages.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chance

Product: Style 988 White and XS

Price: 34.99

Review on shipping: Came quickly in my opinion. No problems

Review on customer service (if applicable): N/A

Review on actual product: I think its perfect for me honestly. it makes my back straight as well, which is good. but hurts for now. wouldn't recommend wearing by itself though. Looks just like a normal wife beater under white shirts. Worth it.

Guest My_Genesis

Review on shipping: Came quickly in my opinion. No problems

Review on customer service (if applicable): N/A

Review on actual product: I think its perfect for me honestly. it makes my back straight as well, which is good. but hurts for now. wouldn't recommend wearing by itself though. Looks just like a normal wife beater under white shirts. Worth it.

Good to know!! Thanks for the review :D I would like to have a binder that I can wear under a tshirt that won't look funny. Because of the material of the double front, which I have, it doesn't exactly look like a wifebeater (it's not cotton) so yeah.

Product: Black 998 XS

Price: $34.99

Review on actual product: Sleeves too restricting, not very strong binding, seems oddly wrinkly, uncomfortable. Tried it on a few times before returning it.

Product: Black 983 S

Review on actual product: Very restrictive, oddly wrinkly, stops at an odd point on my stomach, difficult to get on and off, restrictive but looked bad. Could only sqeeze myself into twice to try it on before returning it. I feel like I am actually a XS, but the three panels of binding on the front made it barely possible to even where a small.

Review on actual product: Good binding, shorted amount of binding than the 983, soft cotton outside, can see the difference in where the binding ends so cannot be worn as a plain tank top. Only one I kept. Also, I wore it out for a couple hours yesterday so I can say more. Fairly comfortable, but wrinkled up at the bottom when I was sitting in the car, probably because it reaches my stomach, and my gut sticks out more when I sit down. I couldn't adjust it because my binder and the shirt over it were tucked into my pants. Luckily my shirt was baggy so it didn't matter, and it was uncomfortable when it happened, and it didn't roll up, but you would be able to feel the wrinkles. Was somewhat hot wearing it, but not really hotter than with the skinny jeans I was wearing also... Only thing that dissapointed my was when I got home I changed out of it and into my white sports bra, and realized with that baggy shirt a sport bra would've been almost exactly the same. <_< Still, it was a good time to try it out. Oddly enough, also found that my white cotton sports bra collar and the binder collar come to exactly the same place and look exactly the same. O_o; So even though I thought it could sort of pass as an undershirt peeking out, I wonder if it looked like a bra peeking out...? Oh well, at least now I quite like that particular shirt now, with or without binding, especially because my roommate said I looked like a guy "if she didn't know better." (irony). I see now why ftm sites always recommend button down shirts. they are really quite good... better than my T-shirts for this type of thing.

Review on shipping: Arrived quickly.

Review on customer service (if applicable): Emailed them a question, got a quick reply. Shipped back the 998 and 983 for a refund on the 14th, they received the package on the 16th (because I bought a tracking code), but I have still not received a refund.

Guest Raging Shadow

Product: White 967 (Ultimate Chest Binding Suit) Small

Price: $45

Shipping: Came in 4 days!

Binder: Awsome!!!! It doesn't EVER roll up, not even the bottom part. it's split bottom so going isn't a hassle and it has a pouch for a packer if you wear one. It's not as tight as a Tri-Top but binds just as well. It's really breathable and not hot at all. I will never wear another binder again!

6/5