• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

No Gamers?!

Guest Shane Lukas

Guest Shane Lukas

HAHA. First post under this topic.

I'm not a hardcore gamer only because I don't have the money to buy loads of games, but if I did, I would be the ultimate basement dweller. My favorite games are currently RPG's :lol: like KOTOR, Mass Effect, and World of Warcraft. Sims 2 is a lot of fun too though I don't have it for my Mac -_- It's either RPG's or needlessly violent games that I like such as Burnout or GTA. I do want to try Spore and Fable 2 when it comes out, they look interesting.

What kind of games do you guys like/play? PC or console.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

Guest Nekomata

I like dark/niche/contemporary RPGs. Disgaea series, Shadow Hearts series, Digital Devil Saga, Persona series. I like all of the Koei games; Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, Sengoku Musou.

I used to play World of Warcraft but it consumed my life so I quit.

I do not have an Xbox 360 or PS3 because at this point in my life transition comes first and I spend very little money on entertainment anymore.

I am currently playing Kingdom Hearts 2.

It's weird... I used to be a gamer (strategy and RPG's were my favourites), but ever since I started my transition, I seem to have lost interest in them. They just seem boring to me now. :mellow:

Well i don't play many ..... OK just one . I have been playing World of Warcraft for going on 2 years and still love the game. You are Right

Nekomata, it can a will consume your life if you let it .... lol. We still have all the consoles too ps1, ps2, xbox 360 (never bought the regular

xbox , don't know why) , ps3, and the wii is coming sooner or later , wife just wanted the ps3 first. The whole family plays, even the 4 year

old little girl. :D

right now we have 4 world of warcraft accounts open and running, think i need to drop one ..... lol ..... all at $15.00 a month.

Guest jantonio

Hey Shane, I'm a gamer as well. I play both PC and console games. I haven't played much lately cuz I've been spending time with my girlfriend. Currently I am playing Mass Effect for Xbox 360 and is awesome. I have played KOTOR for PC multiple times and I love the game. One of my favorite RPGs is Baldur's Gate 2 and I still love it. :D

Jose Antonio...

Guest Shane Lukas

WoW is totally addicting, that was all I did and wanted to do for the first year I started playing. I ended up quitting this summer after 2 and half years which seems like forever. But I do sometimes play on private servers.

right now we have 4 world of warcraft accounts open and running, think i need to drop one ..... lol ..... all at $15.00 a month.

My step-dad plays too and my mom is paying for both our accounts. She hates it and the game.

Hey Shane, I'm a gamer as well. I play both PC and console games. I haven't played much lately cuz I've been spending time with my girlfriend. Currently I am playing Mass Effect for Xbox 360 and is awesome. I have played KOTOR for PC multiple times and I love the game. One of my favorite RPGs is Baldur's Gate 2 and I still love it. :D

Jose Antonio...

Those are both great games but I've never tried BD2. I can't wait for the KOTOR MMO, it'll be WoW all over again. :rolleyes:

It's weird... I used to be a gamer (strategy and RPG's were my favourites), but ever since I started my transition, I seem to have lost interest in them. They just seem boring to me now.

At least you're not wasting any money :D

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember, starting with the SNES and games like Lemmings and the Mario games and I got into RPGs when I played Final Fantasy VII (Which I actually didn't finish until about 5 months ago. Only took a few weeks after starting a new game, though.) I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger, about to play Chrono Cross, and trying to beat FFX. Best RPG I ever played: Rogue Galaxy. I was literally obsessed with that game for the week it took me to beat it. I played over 80 hours in a week. Never have I liked a game that much before.

Sim games are good, too, like Harvest Moon, but I don't care for the Sims games, time goes by too fast and it takes too long for the people to do everything that they are never satisfied (or maybe I'm just bad at the games.)

Oh, and WoW is pretty good, but I'm really bad at dealing with people online, so it's really difficult for me to level up and it takes so much time to get from one place to another, I get bored. I do have one goal for that game, though, and that is to make it to level 70 with one character without ever being in a guild.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember, starting with the SNES and games like Lemmings and the Mario games and I got into RPGs when I played Final Fantasy VII (Which I actually didn't finish until about 5 months ago. Only took a few weeks after starting a new game, though.) I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger, about to play Chrono Cross, and trying to beat FFX. Best RPG I ever played: Rogue Galaxy. I was literally obsessed with that game for the week it took me to beat it. I played over 80 hours in a week. Never have I liked a game that much before.

Sim games are good, too, like Harvest Moon, but I don't care for the Sims games, time goes by too fast and it takes too long for the people to do everything that they are never satisfied (or maybe I'm just bad at the games.)

Oh, and WoW is pretty good, but I'm really bad at dealing with people online, so it's really difficult for me to level up and it takes so much time to get from one place to another, I get bored. I do have one goal for that game, though, and that is to make it to level 70 with one character without ever being in a guild.

Dude, Chrono Trigger is EPIC! My only complaint is that it's too short! Cross is also good, but I think it tries to be too big.

Right now, I'm playing Diablo 2 (since D3 was announced and there was a ladder reset, I figured I'd give it a try), and CS Source. I'm thinking of starting up Oblivion again too.

~Sara

Guest Nekomata

Hearing younger ones talk about Crono Trigger brings joy to my heart. I am definitely a retro gamer because NES and SNES is what I grew up with. There really are some classics that are better than most of the games of today. Some games of today rely on flashy graphics but have a poor plot or poor gameplay. I'm glad there's some people willing to give old games a chance.

Guest StrandedOutThere

I am pretty hardcore gamer, or at least I was before graduate school. Now I only have time to sneak stuff in here and there.

RPG's were my first love. Back in the day, my friend and I used to spend hours playing this obscure text-based RPG called Eamon on the Apple IIc. After that, I was all about NES. Zelda and Zelda II were favorites. I kind of skipped over SNES until recently because my mom wouldn't get me one. However, I LOVE Chrono Trigger and have it on an emulator. If anyone has questions about where to find emulators or ROMs on the web, hit me up. I am a retro games freak. Also, if arcade games are your poison, totally check out MAME. It's rad.

For giggles, I have an Atari 7800. The only games I play on there are Frogger, Combat, Asteroids, Food Fight, and this obscure game called Taz (as in Tasmanian Devil from Loony Toons). I have a lot more Atari games, but they are back at home packed up somewhere.

Okay, on PS1, my favorite has to be Final Fantasy VII. However, I'm a big fan of the entire FF series. I also enjoyed Dragon Warrior VII on PS1 and killed countless hours playing it. It was also cool that Akira Toriyama did the animation for that. : )

Oh...and I've played some of the obscure games for Sega Genesis, Sega CD, and Sega Saturn. I won't list those here. The Lunar series was awesome. For some reason, I own a Dreamcast. All I do with that is play Crazy Taxi about once a year.

Let's see...modern fare... I've got an Xbox 360 and a Wii. I really, really want to play Mass Effect for 360, but I am not letting myself get it until I finish writing this one paper I am working on. If I buy the game first, the paper will never get finished. I also like Guitar Hero and Rock Band a whole lot. Naruto: Rise of a Ninja was fun, but way too short.

On the Wii I mostly just play Super Mario Galaxy and a couple of party games like Wario Ware Smooth Moves. Oh...and I've got the new Metroid game, but I have only played it a little.

No...I'm not a basement dweller! I just like games a lot.

You know what else is cool? Slot cars? Did anyone ever used to play with those? They are about the size of Matchbox cars and run on a track? I love slot cars. Yeah...that was totally unrelated. Sorry.

The first game system we had was a Atari 2600 ..... now that is getting old ..... lol ..... wish i had one that worked!

real soon the new expansion will be released and the level cap will be moved to 80 with tons of new things to do .... lol ..... i can't wait.

P.S. - all things in moderation , ohh yea what realm? we are on earthen ring, guild name is Lost and Forsaken ....

real soon the new expansion will be released and the level cap will be moved to 80 with tons of new things to do .... lol ..... i can't wait.

P.S. - all things in moderation , ohh yea what realm? we are on earthen ring, guild name is Lost and Forsaken ....

I'm on a few. Shandris, mostly, though, and sometimes Blackrock. I just checked to see what type of realm Earthen Ring was. I've never played on an RP realm before.

Guest Shane Lukas
I'm on a few. Shandris, mostly, though, and sometimes Blackrock. I just checked to see what type of realm Earthen Ring was. I've never played on an RP realm before.

I used to play on Shandris. Had 70 Mage on the server before I rerolled on another server.

Guest Christina Hunter

I used to spend a good 50% of my monthly wage on computer games, but all of a sudden they have became boring. Now i only really play soccer related games like football manager and pro evolution soccer

Lets see, I have a Xbox, Xbox 360 and of course the mighty PC.

I play lots of different games. Looking at my start menu, I see:

Deus Ex

Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion

Diablo II

Civilisation III

Frozen Throne

Rome Total War

Medieval II Total War

The Witcher

Silent Hunter III

Stronghold Crusader

Spore

And more

I also play a couple of online games. Not WoW or anything similar, games like Cybernations.

On the xbox I have Far cry, Halo 2, Fable and some other games.

For the 360 I have Halo 3, Forza 2, Splinter Cell Double Agent and Mass Effect.

I haven't bought any games recently (apart from Spore) because I am saving up to replace my motherboard, CPU and graphics card so I am able to play Crysis and Far cry 2.

Guest Jsybird2532
The first game system we had was a Atari 2600 ..... now that is getting old ..... lol ..... wish i had one that worked!

Haha I found a working 5200 in a for trash heap in front of somebody's house (Me and my dad were looking for a table for my new room in his new house, and if he can get a deal at this point financially, he'll take it lol), and yes I heard it's the junky Atari but all the same, I found it for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The controller doesn't work though lol.

Oh and most games seem boring to me too now, the only things I ever play now when I'm not overtly bored are what my brother plays when he (or we) has friends over (Stuff like Soul Calibur 4 on 360, Super Smash Bros. Brawl) and Rock Band, oh how I <3 Rock Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and also I want to try Spore like really bad...

Guest CharliTo

I'm a TCG Gamer...used to be pretty good. :3 (keyword: used to be... I hardly have time to prepare now) Played Magic: the Gathering for a looooong time...and I still play occasionally.

I also used to work at a gaming store so I always saw people playing WoW, Super Smash Bros. Melee + Brawl, and MGS4 recently...

A few years ago, I made a guy in an arcade in Seattle spend $30 (that's about...30 times at that arcade) cuz he was annoyed that he couldn't win against me at all in Street Fighter 3. :D I eventually gave him the game because he was apparently mad from losing so much and was starting to bang the arcade machine. ~_~.

I enjoy retro games

Final Fantasy 9 saved my life (quite literally)

In this modern age, I enjoy EVE, Starcraft (lol, modern...), TrackMania, Freespace, Battle Zone 2, Deus Ex, Tribes 2, Bio Shock

and most of all, Dance Dance Revolution! DDR ftw!

• 3 months later...