• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What is the best treatment for a Gorilla like me :(

Guest KellyLBC

Guest KellyLBC

Hello everyone,

Somewhere in my bloodline must have been a sasquach because I have the most hair of anyone in my family. You name it, I have hair. Shaving is very hard since I get some bad burns and in growns. I would like to ask if anyone else has been through my plight and what has worked the best. Does it depend on the area you choose? For me my top spots I'd like to eliminate are my front neck which is the worst place for me to shave, my back including back of neck and the hairs on my hand and feet. Ultimately I would like to have no body hair but I thought I'd start with my major obstacles.

Am I better off getting laser on the smaller places (neck, hands, feet) and having the larger areas waxed for now. Does waxing even help or is it just a painful bandaid.

Thanks all.

<3 Kelly

Guest Amethyst_Redemption

Depends.

For laser if you have fair skin and dark hair then you are in. Other types doesn't count you out, but makes it more painful and less effective. I would personally say get the face and chest done and HRT will take care of the rest.

First time you wax = PAIN!!! after it is much less so.

My recommendation is epilate often after the initial wax. make sure you exfoliate daily and eat healthy to ensure proper regrowth of hair.

April

• 4 weeks later...
Guest musicalice

Fellow gorilla here <_< - heya!

April, so does HRT not do much on the chest?

My hair situation is pretty much carpet all down my front; very dark,very thick and very fast growing. (Epilators are supposed to give you several weeks, right? I get resting hairs coming up within one or two days, and the whole lot probably needs once a week to keep up with it). Arms are quite furry, plus 'shoulder pads' of the darker amd coarser stuff on the uppers. Back is furry too. Legs I can handle cuz even natal women have hair there.

My therapist has suggested getting my laser clinic to have a look at my front (I already go for my face and neck). But I had heard should at least reduce it? and also it makes it lighter, which makes laser less effective. So do you (plural) think it'd be better to laser it ASAP or wait and see what HRT does? I'll ask the clinic anyway, but if someone with HRT experience could offer some input, I'd be very grateful :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mumbaigirl

@Kelly: Do you have coarse hair on your back? Most people do not have coarse hair on their back. Laser should be only to treat dark COARSE hair- not fine hair. Laser can stimulate hair growth if used to treat fine hair on areas like back, upper arms and shoulders.

If you have dark coarse hair on your chest, I suggest you laser it. HRT will take a long long time to work. Don't worry about hair on arms and legs. You can wax. The pain is not as bad as most people say it is.

Try exfoliating with a pumice stone and salicylic and/or glycolic acid to prevent in-grown hairs. Many people find TendSkin useful.

I assume you mean the beard area when you say 'front of the neck'. Are you on HRT? If yes, you can start laser now.

Guest mumbaigirl

@ Alice: Since you ALREADY have thick hair on your chest, I suggest you laser it NOW. HRT will take a long long time to work. HRT helps with chest hair -but usually by making it finer. Since your hair is dense, I think it will take more than 3 years for it to DISAPPEAR. + There is a possibility that it may never disappear! It may just become finer.

Guest musicalice

Thanks mumbaigirl, that saddens me a little :( was hoping HRT would clear it up more than that... ugh more expense... plus it means I'll have to stop epilating :(

I don't really mind having some hair there, as long as it's more like what I have on the sides of my body rather than what's on the chest.

:(

Guest mumbaigirl

@Alice: Don't be sad. My situation is worse than yours. I can't wax or shave- I get boils! Can't do laser as the hair is fine. The only two options are: electrolysis -which is not available in my country and HRT-which will take a long long time to work! :(

Guest NatashaJade

Okay, coming from a former sasquatch, I can say this. Given a lot of time and patience and occasional application of an epilator (weaken those hairs!), hormones will eventually do a lot of work on the body hairs. I still shave my chest once or twice a week, but what's left there is considerably less than what I started with, which was a thick rug, front and back. Now it's all rather sparse and thin.

So to the face. I could grow a beard in 3 days. Thick in two weeks or less. But I had a dark beard and pale skin. So 7 laser treatments later and it was mostly clear. Fifteen and all there was left were the white hairs and a few stray dark ones. Now I'm 7 hours into electro and I've mostly cleared my upper lip and I expect I only need another 5 or 6 hours on my face. I may address the remaining chest hairs at that time, but we'll see how I'm doing after GRS.

It takes a lot of time and a lot of suffering, but it is really nice to have a complexion clear of dark shadows.

Good luck!!!

xoxo

Guest mumbaigirl

@Natasha: Would it be possible for you to post a picture of a small area of your chest? Just so I could see how the growth is now? Please don't misunderstand my intentions. I just wanna know how much HRT can help. I don't expect a full picture of your chest. Just a small area.

Edited by MaryEllen
Email address removed for members safety
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Amethyst_Redemption

@alice, sorry it took me so long to respond, life kind of... anyway. Laser is good for wherever, as long as you can take the snap of pain than go ahead. Of course if you can epilate then go nuts. I am actually going to do my chest via LHR before too long. I have my concerns, but I think I will post those in a new thread...

April

Guest NadineB

I never had a lot of hair on my chest but I had a bit on lower back, belly, nipples and my arms and legs were hair. It took about a year and it is all for the most part gone. I used to have to shave everywhere every couple of days. I shave my shins every two to three weeks now. HRT is very powerful, but each person is different, some loose all body hair, some loose most. My advise when it comes to hair removal, do your face first, it's the one place you can be sure HRT won't remove the hair. Its also so expensive. You can always reduce hair on body with other means.

Luv Nadine

Guest musicalice

Thanks Nadine and April :)

I went to see the doctor who would recommend HRT last week, and he told me that I should wait and see what HRT does to my body hair before getting it lasered. I was worried that HRT would decrease my eesponsiveness to laser, but he reassured me that it was unlikely. Apparently the main reason people go fir laser there first is because HRT takes so long. Welll... I'm going to give it a year or two and see what happens.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 131 Guests (See full list)

• Quillian
    • Ashley0616
    • KathyLauren
    • MaeBe
    • Abigail Genevieve