• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Implants

Guest Sofiadragon

Guest Sofiadragon

I am wanting to be able to live as a woman w/ all the nice clothing that a woman wears but the problem that I am constantly facing is that w/ any kind of breast forms there are certain tops that I can't wear 'cause it will make it obvious that I don't have real breasts & that is a real annoyance so my question is this, should I go & get breast implants I already know that they are expencive so there is no need to mention that & also I know that there is going to be some pain for a while from the recivery but I am just tiered of living as a man & I want to get this going ASAP so I am basically getting desperate can someone help me out here.

Yes, ultimately the answer is "only you will know if its right" but since you already know the monetary cost involved and the pain/bodily cost then really what I have to offer are other possible questions that might make your deciding easier.

If you get the implants how will it affect the rest of your life; your life is not just transitioning. Are your friends/coworkers/landlord ready for you to "have breasts"? Have you prepped those other people in your life or do you feel you need to? Do you live full time 24/7? If you aren't, do you still ever venture in the mensroom and if so how are breasts going to play out for you there? The gym? A mens clothing store in the event you need to be measured/fitted for something? How is it going to fit into your dating process (assuming you're dating)? Will it limit you to seeking only certain "types" of dates certain places? The cosmetic surgeon to do the implants may be easy to find but how will you having breasts go over with your regular medical provider? Will he /she be uncomfortable? Doctors are people too. Have you ever found out?

You might have covered all these to yourself without hearing them. I dont know. I just was throwing out stuff in case you hadn't. Sometimes it helps to discern if something is a good idea or if its a good time for that idea.

Hi,

I would say that other people opinion does not matter for your decision. I am wondering a bit that you only see the money problem but not the health problem. What type of body shape do you have? What is the size of breast looking good on you or what is the size you are happy with? Can your back handle this extra weight? Do you know the riscs of this type of implants? Do you get HRT? Will your breast grow in the future?

What would you do if you can not get implants?

Greetings

Nelly

Guest Sofiadragon

Well my wife is fully supported of me in doing this 100% so I don't have to worry about her & I run my own business so I don't need to worry about the work aspect I am just short of money 'cause I recently opened up but no I'm not on HRT "yet" but I do want to start living as a woman ASAP & I will explain everything to my reg doc before I get them just so she doesn't freak out but I am just currious on what others opinions are 'cause I am currious on what others that have been on this battle ground before have done that is all 'cause it will help me make my decision.

Well the one problem that you haven't mentioned and maybe haven't thought about is, what happens if you get the implants to the size you want and then while on HRT they begin to grow on thier own. The only way to know how much your breast will grow on HRT is to go on HRT and find out - genetics give a little bit of a guide, if every woman in your family has large breasts, you will probably develop pretty well (in theory about one cup size smaller) but there are a number of variables all controlled by your own body chemistry and genetic make up. I have a friend who developed very well starting on HRT at the age of 57 (supposidly the later you start the less they will grow - if that had been the case she would've turnned into Dolly Parton if she had done it at 30). The point is think about it carefully - if you are one of the lucky ones who develop well on HRT and you already have large implants you could be looking at having to have them removed and possibly replaced with smaller ones (another surgery - cost, pain and recovery) if you wait and still need implants after HRT it would only be one surgery. I would suggest that you think about it very carefully and be sure before you do anything.

Just cautious,

Sally

I am wanting to be able to live as a woman w/ all the nice clothing that a woman wears but the problem that I am constantly facing is that w/ any kind of breast forms there are certain tops that I can't wear 'cause it will make it obvious that I don't have real breasts & that is a real annoyance so my question is this, should I go & get breast implants I already know that they are expencive so there is no need to mention that & also I know that there is going to be some pain for a while from the recivery but I am just tiered of living as a man & I want to get this going ASAP so I am basically getting desperate can someone help me out here.

A few factors. As always, get into therapy. You're going to need their help later anyway, you may as well start now.

Now....hormones will help with breasts. The younger you are when you start the more impact they'll have. If they have a good enough impact, you may not need implants.

Next, according to WPATH (World Professionals Assoc. Trangenered Health) they set the standards for what hoops we have to jump through along with way. According to them, you'll have to have been on hormones for 18 months before surgery is allowed.

I would start with that and go from there, AFTER that's done. See where you are.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sofiadragon

Well the biggest problem that I am having is that I don't have any customers for my store so I don't have any money to spend to be able to see a therapist & I know that medicaide won't cover it @ all so I am :banghead::banghead::banghead: all Gosh darned day (sorry if that is offense if so just delete it along w/ this if it isn't just take out this) 'cause I don't want to be JR any longer & I know that I need to see a therapist 'cause there are certain things that I can only do/get through them, so I am kinda out on a limb here, & as previously stated I was just looking for opinions on a yay or nay scenario 'cause I was looking to see what other persons like myself thought about them.

Guest Sarah Dreams

I'm with Sally on this. Wait till you know how much you'll develop on HRT before going with implants. HRT will take you through a kind of female puberty and how many pre-pubescent girls do you know that have implants? ;)

Guest Nekomata

If you ever plan on taking hormones then don't get implants until at least 1 or 2 years after hormones. If hormones start doing their work after implants are put in, things can get really messed up down there.

Guest Chrissie
Well the biggest problem that I am having is that I don't have any customers for my store so I don't have any money to spend to be able to see a therapist & I know that medicaide won't cover it @ all so I am :banghead::banghead::banghead: all Gosh darned day (sorry if that is offense if so just delete it along w/ this if it isn't just take out this) 'cause I don't want to be JR any longer & I know that I need to see a therapist 'cause there are certain things that I can only do/get through them, so I am kinda out on a limb here, & as previously stated I was just looking for opinions on a yay or nay scenario 'cause I was looking to see what other persons like myself thought about them.

You have a few things wrong/Misinformed Medicaide and Medicare will cover HRT, But... Your doctor has to be willing to word it that you have a HORMONAL IMBALANCE... Some Doctors will not do this so don't expect this to be as big a loophole as you hope. Second Before Most Doctors will even consider doing HRT you do Have to see a therapist. Implants are considered cosmetic even for those have had breast cancer or other issues like that.

Most General Therapists are fairly easy to bully/lead/ or whatever term you want to use into saying that you are Trans because they don't know as much as they pretend to about this specialty, the Key is to know more than they do about it.

Most Girls get told that If they get implants before they start developing they'll have to get them done again because during the development stages they will start to make the breasts misshapen? (I think thats the right word...) Point is they won't look right and will cause more problems then not.

Breast Development from HRT is usually 2/3 to 3/4 of the nearest female relative, so if Mom or Sis had a D cup you can count on C to C+ cup in most cases. But is not unheard of to develop bigger than them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 85 Guests (See full list)

• Mirrabooka
    • Maddee
    • phicauser1
    • KathyLauren
    • Heather Shay
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

taxicab
    Newest Member
    taxicab

1. Amyjay
      Amyjay
      (58 years old)
    2. bettyjean
      bettyjean
    3. Breanna
      Breanna
      (52 years old)
    4. Emily Ayla
      Emily Ayla
    5. JET182
      JET182
    • Heather Shay
      What is relaxation to you? Nature? Movie? Reading? Cuddling with a pet? Music?
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Having just a normal emotional day.
    • Heather Shay
      AMUSEMENT The feeling when you encounter something silly, ironic, witty, or absurd, which makes you laugh. You have the urge to be playful and share the joke with others. Similar words: Mirth Amusement is the emotional reaction to humor. This can be something that is intended to be humorous, like when someone tells a good joke or when a friend dresses up in a ridiculous costume. But it can also be something that you find funny that was not intended to be humorous, like when you read a sign with a spelling error that turns it into an ironic pun. For millennia, philosophers and scholars have been attempting to explain what exactly it is that makes something funny. This has led to several different theories. Nowadays, the most widely accepted one is the Incongruity Theory, which states that something is amusing if it violates our standards of how things are supposed to be. For example, Charlie Chaplin-style slapstick is funny because it violates our norms of competence and proper conduct, while Monty Python-style absurdity is funny because it violates reason and logic. However, not every standard or norm violation is necessarily funny. Violations can also evoke confusion, indignation, or shock. An important condition for amusement is that there is a certain psychological distance to the violation. One of the ways to achieve this is captured by the statement ‘comedy is tragedy plus time’. A dreadful mistake today may become a funny story a year from now. But it can also be distant in other ways, for instance, because it happened to someone you do not know, or because it happens in fiction instead of in real life. Amusement also needs a safe and relaxed environment: people who are relaxed and among friends are much more likely to feel amused by something. A violation and sufficient psychological distance are the basic ingredients for amusement, but what any one person find funny will depend on their taste and sense of humor. There are dozens of ‘humor genres’, such as observational comedy, deadpan, toilet humor, and black comedy. Amusement is contagious: in groups, people are more prone to be amused and express their amusement more overtly. People are more likely to share amusement when they are with friends or like-minded people. For these reasons, amusement is often considered a social emotion. It encourages people to engage in social interactions and it promotes social bonding. Many people consider amusement to be good for the body and the soul. By the end of the 20th century, humor and laughter were considered important for mental and physical health, even by psychoneuroimmunology researchers who suggested that emotions influenced immunity. This precipitated the ‘humor and health movement’ among health care providers who believed that humor and laughter help speed recovery, including in patients suffering from cancer1). However, the evidence for health benefits of humor and laughter is less conclusive than commonly believed2. Amusement is a frequent target of regulation: we down-regulate it by shifting our attention to avoid inappropriate laughter, or up-regulate it by focusing on a humorous aspect of a negative situation. Interestingly, amusement that is purposefully up-regulated has been found to have the same beneficial physical and psychological effects as the naturally experienced emotion. Amusement has a few clear expressions that emerge depending on the intensity of the emotion. When people are mildly amused, they tend to smile or chuckle. When amusement intensifies, people laugh out loud and tilt or bob their head. The most extreme bouts of amusement may be accompanied by uncontrollable laughter, tears, and rolling on the floor. Most cultures welcome and endorse amusement. Many people even consider a ‘good sense of humor’ as one of the most desirable characteristics in a partner. At the same time, most cultures have (implicit) rules about what is the right time and place for amusement. For example, displays of amusement may be deemed inappropriate in situations that demand seriousness or solemness, such as at work or during religious rituals.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • April Marie
      Good morning, everyone!!! Two cups of coffee in the books and I am just feeling so wonderful this morning. Not sure why, but I'm happy and smiling.   Enjoy this beautiful day!!!
    • Heather Shay
      A U.S. dollar bill can be folded approximately 4,000 times in the same place before it will tear. -You cannot snore and dream at the same time. -The average person walks the equivalent of three times around the world in a lifetime. -A hippo’s wide open mouth is big enough to fit a 4-foot-tall child in. -Chewing gum while you cut an onion will help keep you from crying.
    • Susan R
      Love it! This is great news. We need more of this to combat the excessive hate-filled rhetoric and misinformation. 👍
    • Susan R
      The experience was the same for me @April Marie. I slept much deeper and I woke up each morning feeling so much more restful sleeping with forms solidly in place. For me, wearing breast forms at night started when before I was a teenager. I had no access up to modern breast forms and certainly no way to buy mastectomy bras back then. I wore a basic bra my mom had put in a donation box and two pairs of soft cotton socks. I have some crazy memories of things I did in my youth to combat my GD but regardless, these makeshift concoctions helped me work through it all.   All My Best, Susan R🌷
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Colorado isn't exactly a Republican place, and won't become one anytime soon.  I think those folks might be better off not spending their time playing Don Quixote.    We certainly have our share of California "refugees" moving into where I live, so I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing Coloradans too.  I suspect the trend over the next few years will see the blue areas getting more blue and the red areas getting more red as anybody who can relocate tries to find a place where they fit better.   
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, at least it'll be a place some folks could choose.  Options are a good thing.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      My family would have gobbled that jar up in a minute or two.  When we do have pickled herring, its usually for Christmas.  I didn't grow up with that particular dish, but I grew up in a Greek family so I like just about any kind of fish if I can get it.  However, ocean fish and freshwater fish taste so different.  We usually have more catfish and tilapia to eat than anything else.    What I can't quite get used to is the tons of cabbage my GF insists on eating.  When you live with a Russian, there is always cabbage soup.  Always.  When I first moved in with her, breakfast was "shchi" for soup and either bread or "kasha" which is a bowl of boiled buckwheat with butter and salt.  Those dishes can be made in any number of ways, some are better than others.  In the winter, it can even be salty and sour like kraut.  Not exactly sauerkraut, but packed in tubs with vinegar and salt so it keeps partially for the winter.  But I drew the line when the cabbage soup included pieces of fried snake one day.  😆
    • Ashley0616
      Good evening to you as well @Mmindy   That is awesome that you have support from her side. My dad has communicated with me once and that was because he was forced to. His new wife wanted to spend time with my kids. He hated me so much he was in the process of taking my rights away as a parent to my two boys. He was talking to a lawyer and I called him out on it. I don't love him at all. I'll respect him because I wouldn't be here without him but I wished I had another father. My uncles don't talk to me and unfriended me on Facebook. Almost all cousins except for two are still Facebook friends but they don't give me any support. My mom said she won't support me with that but she has said that she loves me. I have nieces and nephews that are still Facebook friends but they have yet to talk to me. I have one sister that supports me out of three. The other's disrespect me by deadnaming me. They have never called me their sister. I think for them they think it's still a phase. They don't ask questions about me being trans. I have to bring it up and on the look of their faces they don't look comfortable about it. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.