• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does ecstacy have the same effect on a transgirl then it does on a cisgender girl?

Guest RainbowGoth98

Guest RainbowGoth98

From what ive heard, cis girls get realy sexually arroused( a bit blunt i know but i wasnt sure how else to explain it). and sence transgirls have a female brain, wouldnt the side affect be similar, if not the same?

Guest Donna Jean

Is this what you're talking about, Hon?

Ecstasy (3, 4-methylenedioxy-N-methamphetamine, or MDMA) is a drug that is illegally made.

Dee Jay

Guest RainbowGoth98

Is this what you're talking about, Hon?

Ecstasy (3, 4-methylenedioxy-N-methamphetamine, or MDMA) is a drug that is illegally made.

Dee Jay

Thats the one!

Guest Jenny C

My dear, please do not mess with that... Preserve your brain...

It is a synthetic drug made in clandestine laboratories by persons who have only one idea... Make money...

You never know if the recipe was good... Can be dangerous... Never knows really the damage it causes...

Sometimes people get really anxious and nervous afterwards...

Do not forget... Whatever gets you high, will give you the opposite feeling afterward... it is a natural process of equilibrium...

Sorry to tell you that... You do not need that...

There many other ways to assume joy and sensuality with your natural hormones... Those that secreted in your brain...

Sincerely,

Jenny

P.S I've seen people having major problems with this, sorry to use this word, crap ! It's dangerous and it is not worth the risk.

• Root Admin

Jenny is right. You would do well to stay away from it.

MaryEllen

Guest ~Jamie~

Ecstasy is a very dangerous, destructive drug to your body. It rapidly dehydrates you while using it, to the point that you need to drink multiple liters of water while using or you will die. I will repeat, you will die. Often though you are far too distracted to remember the water. Your whole nervous system lights up and all sensations become intense and pleasurable. People who have sex while on ecstasy rarely enjoy sex without it ever again, it doesn't feel good enough anymore. Oh, it also burns through all the seratonin in your brain in one night. The following week, not day but week, you will be incredibly depressed and nothing will break this depression but time as your body replenishes its chemicals naturally. It takes only a month or two of moderate use for the physical side effects to become apparent. Your skin will become dry and cracked, your eyes will become sunken. Longer use leads to full blown 80 year old woman wrinkles in as short as a year of moderate to heavy use. Did I mention that ever single roll(dose) you swallow will literally burn out and destroy a dime sized portion of your grey matter? This all happens cis or trans, male or female. You have been warned.

Guest Jaded1

Ecstasy is a very dangerous, destructive drug to your body. It rapidly dehydrates you while using it, to the point that you need to drink multiple liters of water while using or you will die. I will repeat, you will die. Often though you are far too distracted to remember the water. Your whole nervous system lights up and all sensations become intense and pleasurable. People who have sex while on ecstasy rarely enjoy sex without it ever again, it doesn't feel good enough anymore. Oh, it also burns through all the seratonin in your brain in one night. The following week, not day but week, you will be incredibly depressed and nothing will break this depression but time as your body replenishes its chemicals naturally. It takes only a month or two of moderate use for the physical side effects to become apparent. Your skin will become dry and cracked, your eyes will become sunken. Longer use leads to full blown 80 year old woman wrinkles in as short as a year of moderate to heavy use. Did I mention that ever single roll(dose) you swallow will literally burn out and destroy a dime sized portion of your grey matter? This all happens cis or trans, male or female. You have been warned.

Not that I ever had any intention of touching the stuff, but reading that is about as much of a warning label any sane and rational human being would seem to need.

Guest apostate79

I already asked a similar question here before, but it was regarding the safety of MDMA/ecstasy while on HRT. As you can probably already tell, you're probably not going to find much help from the other members here. With all that's been said, it is my personal opinion that the dangers of MDMA/ecstasy use have been greatly exaggerated, and amount to little more than scare-mongering by the media and law enforcement.

Guest Svenna

I already asked a similar question here before, but it was regarding the safety of MDMA/ecstasy while on HRT. As you can probably already tell, you're probably not going to find much help from the other members here. With all that's been said, it is my personal opinion that the dangers of MDMA/ecstasy use have been greatly exaggerated, and amount to little more than scare-mongering by the media and law enforcement.

Apostate,

From very personal experience, I can tell you that your personal opinion on the matter is largely incorrect. Though scare tactics do exist, I have spent decades amongst drug users and seen what prolonged ecstasy can do, and it isn't ever pretty. I have also seen 'first-timers' have horrible trips and make terrible life-altering decisions that they regretted forever. Young girls on ecstasy are more prone to being violated or raped, catching sexually-comunicated diseases and becoming pregnant. The list of horrible consequences is real, do you feel lucky?

There is very little to be gained of a truly positive nature from doing ecstasy. And yes, I DO speak from plenty of experience. Plenty...

Think first, live long!

Love, Svenna

• Admin

Actually, the original question was answered, Cis or Trans, or whatever else, the drug will make people hyper sensational and hyper active while they are on the junk. A hot looking sex partner WILL hype you up as never before. Its said without embellishment, now its over.

Rebekah -- now that you know that answer, you can leave the stuff alone and use the good sense that will get you successfully to transition and your ultimate life goal.

Guest apostate79

, I have spent decades amongst drug users- As well as myself. I must also confess that I have also put substances into my body which I am not proud of, and I will agree that there are certain drugs out there which are dirty and dangerous, and would definitely recommend that people stay away from. However, I simply would not lump MDMA into that same category.

I have also seen 'first-timers' have horrible trips and make terrible life-altering decisions that they regretted forever.- I have also seen similar situations, and they are tragic. However, when you find out the details you realize that in most of these cases, these youths are taking 4-8 pills at a time and drinking alcohol as well, which is certainly dangerous. Young people do need to be informed and educated, so that they can enjoy a good time safely without taking such risks.

girls on ecstasy are more prone to being violated or raped, catching sexually-comunicated diseases and becoming pregnant.- So maybe we should also try to stop girls from drinking alcohol as well? Following a similar argument, it can also be said that males on ecstasy are less prone to being violent and agressive and less likely to fight each other.

...is very little to be gained of a truly positive nature from doing ecstasy. And yes, I DO speak from plenty of experience.- It is always good to be cautious, and I am always in favour of educating the public through helpful, realistic information. Certain drugs are not for everybody, and I would certainly not recommend most of the things I have tried in my life to others.

do you feel lucky?- Honestly, looking at my own life and struggles with substance abuse, yes I do.

Guest Robin Winter

Even if ecstasy is a relatively safe substance, the fact that it is illegal almost everywhere means that it is produced and distributed by less than reputable people. You have no way of knowing what you're going to get, and there are cheaper substances that produce similar effects that are far more dangerous to ingest that may be passed off as this drug. You can bet your own life all you like, but by encouraging their use here you're betting somene elses. I don't think that's very fair, do you?

Guest RainbowGoth98
Even if ecstasy is a relatively safe substance, the fact that it is illegal almost everywhere means that it is produced and distributed by less than reputable people. You have no way of knowing what you're going to get, and there are cheaper substances that produce similar effects that are far more dangerous to ingest that may be passed off as this drug. You can bet your own life all you like, but by encouraging their use here you're betting somene elses. I don't think that's very fair, do you?

I'm not encouraging its use, I'm asking a question about its use.

Guest wolfySH

As someone who's kind of on the fringes of the rave/kandi kid scene, maybe I can answer your question.

I'll try to be as succinct as possible: Yes.

Based on my experiences, E is total sensory overload in (usually) the best-feeling way, so getting turned on only seems like natural progression of events.

My one friend before heading out to the club decided to roll so I made sure he got there safe and found someone to be with him to make sure he drank plenty of water, etc, etc, and then I bailed, because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep myself away from the stuff for long.

The next day when I saw him his neck and shoulders were literally covered in bruises. covered. purple. from all the hickeys he got throughout the night from complete strangers. He said it was one of the best nights he ever had, but how in the heck was he going to go home to his father. I gave him my scarf.

Anyway, I'd like to think that I don't roll because I grew out of it, like smoking-- that stuff's for high-schoolers (even though it isn't, but you know what I mean.)

But I guess above all I know that, based on my personality, it would take me down a very bad path, where I would soon neglect everything else in my life just to get high. I'm not saying it's like that for everyone, but I know myself and I know for me that road would be an inevitability.

I mean, heck, after seeing a movie in the cinema, if I even remotely enjoyed it, for over a month later I sit there making obscure references to it in regular conversation, and maybe download it on the interwebz so I can watch my favourite parts. regularly. I get fixated on things very easily to the point that my whole persona can change based on a single trivial event. After I first read Fight Club, I literally heard similar narration in my head for weeks, but that's a somewhat different matter.

Guest Robin Winter

I'm not encouraging its use, I'm asking a question about its use.

My apologies, that wasn't directed at you, I should have been a bit more clear. I was talking to apostate.

Guest Svenna

, I have spent decades amongst drug users- As well as myself. I must also confess that I have also put substances into my body which I am not proud of, and I will agree that there are certain drugs out there which are dirty and dangerous, and would definitely recommend that people stay away from. However, I simply would not lump MDMA into that same category.

I have also seen 'first-timers' have horrible trips and make terrible life-altering decisions that they regretted forever.- I have also seen similar situations, and they are tragic. However, when you find out the details you realize that in most of these cases, these youths are taking 4-8 pills at a time and drinking alcohol as well, which is certainly dangerous. Young people do need to be informed and educated, so that they can enjoy a good time safely without taking such risks.

girls on ecstasy are more prone to being violated or raped, catching sexually-comunicated diseases and becoming pregnant.- So maybe we should also try to stop girls from drinking alcohol as well? Following a similar argument, it can also be said that males on ecstasy are less prone to being violent and agressive and less likely to fight each other.

...is very little to be gained of a truly positive nature from doing ecstasy. And yes, I DO speak from plenty of experience.- It is always good to be cautious, and I am always in favour of educating the public through helpful, realistic information. Certain drugs are not for everybody, and I would certainly not recommend most of the things I have tried in my life to others.

do you feel lucky?- Honestly, looking at my own life and struggles with substance abuse, yes I do.

Apostate,

All it takes is for ONE person to have a terrible outcome and the ridiculous nature of your justifications becomes painfully clear. Unfortunately, everybody isn't as 'lucky' as you and I. Seeing the sheet being pulled up over some mother's child and loaded into an emergency vehicle can change your degree of emotional maturity forever. I no longer play word games with things that can kill people as a result. Hopefully, such a perspective will be granted to yourself before dire consequences are experienced, by yourself or somebody else encouraged by your bravado,,,

Again, I take exception to your characterization of the ecstacy experience and the risks involved. It is far more important to help prevent tragedy than to appear to be 'cool' and aloof about such potentially devastating practices. Hopefully time will have a maturing effect on your point of view and the opinions you publicly espouse...

Sorry to take you to task again, but you are seriously misguided in this matter...

Love and Awareness, Svenna

Considering only the horrible side effects that can and do occur with the 'researched and proven drugs' as well as the impurities and in the past tampering with major shipments of carefully regulated drugs I always wonder about the wisdom of taking any drug that cannot be purchased through any sort of reputable dispenser.

Seriously, we would not consider eating out of a dumpster but how do you know the conditions that your drugs were manufactured in - enough goes wrong in so called 'sterile environments'.

I would suggest not taking illegal drugs not just because they are illegal but because they are not uniform in quality, strength or purity - HRT was a difficult decision for me because of the risks to my health but I could see the benefits, way the possible benefits against the risks and then make your decision.

Love ya,

Sally

• Forum Moderator

Have you ever wondered why there are so few cool older drug users? My generation wrote the book on drug use once upon a time and now we say don't do it. Some of us were pretty cool even by today's standards. We started almost every movement you follow.

It's because those who didn't wise up are dead. Except for a few souls with iron constitutions-they can mostly be found under a local bridge now. Hard to tell sometimes because drugs age you to the point a 40 year old who never kicked free can look 65 but there are a few still out there. They aren't cool anymore.

Not that I really expect that to hit home to a lot of people caught up in that culture. Funny how being hip in some circles requires you to actually be blind and deaf to so much of reality.

Been there. Decided I liked access to all of life and not some box in a corner of it. Hate being told who I have to be or how I have to be to belong or fit in. I march to my own drum.

Johnny

Guest ~Jamie~

Ugh, I hate hearing my own arguments used in defence of something dangerous. The two drugs who's users so whole heartedly defend more than any other are those who use weed and those who use ecstasy. I know of a few aged 100+ that have used weed every day since 15. I know of no one over 30 that use ecstasy. Don't use the pro-legalize marijuana argument to defend ecstasy. There are real social and economic reasons that marijuana is still illegal, but there are very real health reasons why ecstasy is illegal. Would you like to see some pics of beautiful young women from my junior year book followed by their horrible, withdrawn, sunken images from my senior yearbook? This is Maine, it's not all sex, drugs, and rock and roll here, its just the sex and drugs. You can look at facial expressions and scars in my damn yearbook and pick out what sub-sector of drug culture we belonged to. We have an admitted 90% drug use rate between ages 15 and 30 in this state, and that's not counting those who won't admit it out of fear. Oh, I know, maybe I can get my good friend Mark to explain to you how ecstasy ruined his life while chasing for tail on ecstasy all the time. Like I said, sex doesn't feel right without ecstasy anymore, and boy was he a horndog. Oh, that's right, he can't do that, he's bloody dead. Horribly overblown? Honey please! It was put much better than I could ever state it when it was said that we users are like children playing in the street, watching friend after friend get run down by cars, yet we continue to play in the street. Don't go pushing someone infant of a car just because you feel the need to defend your favorite pastime, because trust me, if you don't get out of the street, a car will hit you eventually.

Guest Jenny C

I personally think that all arguments that were given are clear and founded. But, I would add my two cents... ;-)

Dear young friends,

I had anticipated that this thread could lead to some kind of a debate... ;-)

I'll share to you my thoughts in more detail here...

In fact, there will always be persons saying that they took some drugs and that they are still alive... ;-) and they had fun. It's part of reality...

And there will always be friends or peers who will put pressure on you to do so. Sometimes because they don't want to feel alone, sometimes because they want you to share the cost of the drugs...

And there will always be situations where peoples are going to tell you : oh, do it, do it !!!! Come on, it's so fun !!! ;-)

And if you do not do it, you'll feel rejected...And that's the game !!! Oh, you're not cool, oh you're so straight !!! or I don't know what... All that, you know...

So, It's why it is important to know what we want in life... And to decide to take actions that corresponding to what we want... Of the ideas we have of what we want to become...

It's so easy to take a bad habit... And If something is gratifying... Usually, we want to repeat it... And sometimes, we do it, without knowing the consequences...

There are great examples of drugs that are legal... Like tobacco or alcohol..And there is tons of persons being miserable because of that... And there will be always persons saying it no problem...

But I can tell you as someone who smoked tobacco, I'm really afraid to what I've done to my body... At that time, when I started, the scientific facts of the impact it can have on your health were not clear... Now we know...

And then, let's take about drugs...

You know, for all those who buy drugs, legal or not, there are always organizations who wants profits...

For illegal drugs, you support organized crime and street gangs who might bully you some day...

You do not know the quality of the product... And they don't care... There has been numerous example in the scientific literature that some black markets drug made terrible damages to some persons...

Why ? Because we are all different !!! Nobody can tell you what the effect of that drug will be on you... Everybody is different !!! This have been called the law of effect... If one persons had no problems, it doesn't mean that you'll have no problems...Nobody knows... Like some persons (because of their genetics) can develop a psychotic reaction or schizophrenia with pot, marijuana... It's proven...

And you know... Many persons will say, oh no !!! Pot is inoffensive... it is a soft drugs... I'll spare you the details of lost lives with that...

And those persons do not tell you about the way it is cultivated... And what kind of products they use so that those plants are not eaten my spiders, for example... They shoot it with chemical products are proved to be associated the development of cancer... Do you think they would clean it... No !!! they would loose some stock and make less money... You see the picture...

So people who are smoking those substance are also smoking really toxic things... an people who sell it do not bother... 'cause all they want is money...

Now, let's talk about teenagers...

You, there is a special thing about teenagers... They are developing their identities...They're building their self-confidence ;-) And they have a need, just programmed in their brain, to seek new things, to sometimes take risks.. 'cause it is a way to explore new things and verify what it does...

But at the same time, it is a crucial moment to develop other qualities... many qualities like the ability to think ahead, to anticipate the consequences of your actions... and do learn from the consequences of previous behaviour... That is a special gift that we are developing during those so important years...

And it is important for tens to have parents or other significant adults who can give them some advice... That's why it is so important that parents have open discussions with their kids and keep a good relationship with them... It goes in both way... When possible...

And it is marvellous, 'cause you came her for that... !!! congrats !!!

So, there is risk seeking, but there is also judgments... You both develop those during adolescence... And it is a crucial moment 'cause your brain will continue develop those qualities until you're about 21... So why should you mess with your brain ?

It's a crucial moment in your life !!!

So why would take risks with things that you know that are bad... ? I think you should protect yourself...

Finally, don't forget, that maybe you'll be a tg person... And then you might have to take hormones... And you'll have to think about those consequences... You're body will have to adapt... and it comes with a cost... For what I know, others can confirm or not, life expectancy is shorter then... It puts lot of pressure on your hypothalamus or pineal gland, which specifics structures in your brain who are fundamental and what we could say, control centers...

Do you want to take any risk that might damage further your precious brain... Without knowing for sure of the consequences and then jeopardize your dreams ???

That's why I told you... No ! It's not worth the risk !!!

With all my love !!!

You're sister Jenny

Guest Robin Winter

Wow, if I had known how heavily I would be preached at by people who don't even know me, I probably would have kept my mouth shut.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but our preaching wasn't for your benefit.

Wow, if I had known how heavily I would be preached at by people who don't even know me, I probably would have kept my mouth shut.

Had you chosen to not say what you said in your earlier post, it shouldn't have been to avoid being 'preached to', it should have been to avoid even the slightest chance that your statements may contribute to somebody deciding to try using ecstasy...

Actions have consequences, and these consequences cannot always be predicted. A LOT of young people read these posts and many more will read them in the future.

The issue isn't about 'knowing you'. The issue is about knowing how the real world actually works and taking responsible precautions not to needlessly endanger anybody, especially the young ones...

Sorry you have missed the point. It is a point that you'll have to learn someday, hopefully before anybody gets hurt...

I'm offa my soapbox now...

Love and Clean Living, Svenna

Guest Jenny C

Dear apostate79,

I was simply stating my opinions and what I know of the question. No judgment on your opinions intended at all.

I've tried to put it simply and plainly for our younger brothers and sisters that I'm sure you also love and want the best for them.

It is a complex question and your opinion is as valuable as mine.

But I thought necessary to put all of this discussion in context so they can judge by themselves.

Sincere Love,

Jenny