• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does ecstacy have the same effect on a transgirl then it does on a cisgender girl?

Guest RainbowGoth98

Guest apostate79

I just want to try and keep things civil. My whole original point was simply that the dangers of use of a specific drug are somewhat exaggerated, and amount to little more than scare tactics from law enforcement and anti-drug organizations who do have their own agenda. I have a tendency to snare myself into this debate whenever I feel like I'm hearing propaganda. You are welcome to disagree. All I'm saying is to be smart. Perhaps the smartest may be to simply not do it, but it should be the person's own choice.

Guest Jenny C

All I'm saying is to be smart. Perhaps the smartest may be to simply not do it, but it should be the person's own choice.

I agree with you on that last point... But I think in the context of this site, one should not mix political opinions with reality and good sense.

I could debate on this political issue (war on drugs) on our pm if you want.

But I'm sure, as you said, that you want to give our youth the best chance in life.

Sincerely,

Jenny

I just want to try and keep things civil. My whole original point was simply that the dangers of use of a specific drug are somewhat exaggerated, and amount to little more than scare tactics from law enforcement and anti-drug organizations who do have their own agenda. I have a tendency to snare myself into this debate whenever I feel like I'm hearing propaganda. You are welcome to disagree. All I'm saying is to be smart. Perhaps the smartest may be to simply not do it, but it should be the person's own choice.

The original poster is a 13 year old child. Your dislike for to what you deem to be propaganda is irrelevant to the question that she asked. Your 'need' to pontificate on this issue has caused you to inject the idea that the risks of ecstasy use are over-stated. You volunteered this concept into the thought stream of a 13 year old child for what are clearly selfish reasons. Do you 'get it' now?

Just how sacred are your personal beliefs that they trump common sense?

I'm also trying to stay civil. I hope you can appreciate that fact, too...

If I have the math right, you are a 33 year old adult, and you are telling a 13 year old child to 'be smart' about using of the most potent psychoactive illegal drugs around in the same post where you state the risks are over-rated????

Really????

Is this what you were trying to achieve today when you woke up?

Just sayin'...

Svenna

Guest Robin Winter

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hc-ps/drugs-drogues/learn-renseigne/ecstasy-eng.php#Article1

When you're risking adverse effects such as the ones listed here...it's impossible to over-state the danger. Any chance at all is too high.

MDMA causes an increase in body temperature (hyperthermia). When you combine the increase in body temperature with physical activity such as dancing and a warm environment, the situation can become worse. This increase in body temperature as well as the increase in blood pressure and heart rate can lead to kidney or heart failure, strokes and seizures. Some people drink too much water to avoid dehydration. This can result in dangerously low salt levels in the blood, which can lead to confusion, convulsions and delirium and can progress quickly to coma and death from the swelling of the brain.

Those are the most serious of the potential dangers, but not the only ones. As you can see, even keeping hydrated might not save you. One can hardly "be smart" about it when under the influence of a powerful psychoactive drug. You can say all you want that you think the dangers are exaggerated, but the fact is that you have come to that conclusion simply because you and those you know have not (yet) had any serious problems with it. On that basis I could say that Plague is probably just a bit of the sniffles.

• Forum Moderator

You know that whole propaganda line-word for word -has been around for over 40 years now. Why are law enforcement and anti-drug people against this stuff? Just to spoil the fun of others? They don't have enough to do so they want to waste time telling people things about drugs just for the fun of it?

Or maybe because they have actually seen the consequences.

Many anti-drug organizations are made up or founded by the parents of dead children to try to give their child's death a meaning by preventing others. Look it up.

I have even heard a kid use your statement almost word for word about the dangers being exaggerated when talking about the dangers of huffing paint. He was wrong. Though I will admit it didn't kill him in that case. Just his brain. Last I knew he was drooling in a wheelchair in a nursing home. One of the most charming and bright kids I ever talked to. I wonder how many people reassured him he could be safe if he was careful? He was 14 when it caught up with him and just the posters age when talking with me.

Most of us who have spent time working with families and teens have seen similar stories. Repeated with depressing frequency. Usually the kids are lucky enough to be dead instead of like that kid though. And we have heard all those arguments about why it is okay.

Does it ever occur to anyone that those who sell the stuff put out a lot of that propaganda themselves? You know the propaganda that deadly substances can be safely ingested if you are just smart about it. Who has the most to gain by lieing -law enforcement and anti-drug people or the pushers and dealers?

Think about it. Do some non-biased research. Then honestly ask yourself who is telling the truth here.

Johnny

• Root Admin
My whole original point was simply that the dangers of use of a specific drug are somewhat exaggerated, and amount to little more than scare tactics from law enforcement and anti-drug organizations who do have their own agenda.

I vehemently disagree with you on this. Yes, law enforcement and anti-drug organizations do have an agenda. An agenda to keep people safe and alive. To think otherwise is just plain stupid. Spend a night or two in an emergency room and watch as people are brought in writhing in convulsions, covered in their own vomit or dead on arrival just because they thought it was cool to pop a few pills. Your cavalier approch to this type of drug use is disturbing. How many young people will die if they take your advice and think it's no big deal. Think about that.

MaryEllen

This forum is named Drug Abuse and Help Forum but I believe that means in terms of dealing with a problem other than making wise selections on which illegal drug to use and how to minimize its harmful effects. Every pot head and addict I have ever known has had an infinite capacity to justify his behavior and world view. That includes me, btw. Many consider themselves right all the way into the grave...There are probably a thousand forums on the internet where at this minute people are arguing about drug use... its pros and cons... But, hey, Laura's Playground has never considered itself just another internet debate society, right? Sorry, but I had to get that out... I feel much better now :)

Peace and Love

Michelle

• Forum Moderator

My hope is that just maybe here where people speak truths they won't speak elsewhere and get support they won't find elsewhere someone may actually listen. Sure the confirmed user deep into addiction won't. Not yet. Usually takes something more than words then. But if one person decides to question their choice or realizes that those arguments justifying use are coming from users and pushers who have a stake in involving others then this whole debate was more than worth having.

I do agree that the idea that supporting use has no place here where we are striving to help people instead-and yet maybe here we can provide the truth to contrast with all the bull that's out there. And those who know we are people like them in many ways-and many of us have been users as you point out-may be more inclined to listen than to a parent or a teacher or someone like that.

Maybe.

Johnny

Guest RainbowGoth98

Why is everyone getting into this big debate? I didn't even ask if it would kill me!!! All I asked is would it have the same effect on me as it would on a cisgender girl.

• Forum Moderator

Because you asked about an effect of a substance that can ultimately kill you. Why do you need the information if you are not interested in the drug?

It implies that you are interested or considering using-or have. And you are asking for info only another user could give you. Of course there are going to be repercussions.

Johnny

Guest apostate79

I was not aware that the original poster's age was 13. Please believe me, had I known that little piece of information I would certainly not have stepped into this discussion.

Guest Jenny C

Thank you so much !!! So happy to ear that !!! It takes such a great humility and greatness at the same time to do it...

Welcome !!!!!!!!! Might you be nice to yourself...

I'm with you.

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Love,

Jenny

P.S. I do not agree to all you've said previously, but I respect you're experience of life which is unique... And it's a long road... An not an easy one... For anyone... And we all trying to do our best and progress...

Guest ~Brenda~

This forum is for those who need help with drug abuse and need to talk. The question is perplexing as it does not indicate trouble with drug abuse, but a more sexual interest into the effects of the drug.

I have used more drugs for more years than some people here are old. I no longer use drugs because I can tell you they only bring you down and throw your life into disarray if not kill you. Many responses here have been excellent, and they all are saying to stay away from them. I can tell you this... a high from a drug gets to be repetitive. Eventually you say to yourself... "hey, I am high again, I have been here before and never really thought of anything new. This is not new, I want to come down because I remember that is when I was thinking of new things and I was alive... when I was not high on drugs".

This forum is for those who are struggling.

Brenda

Why is everyone getting into this big debate? I didn't even ask if it would kill me!!! All I asked is would it have the same effect on me as it would on a cisgender girl.

Rebekah, you got all of these responses because your question of whether the effects would be the same indicated that the only effects you were considering were the ones associated with the high from Ex. Those of us with experience want to make sure you understand all of the effects. Many of which can be life altering (and I don't mean in the 'wow that was cool' way) if not life ending. I did more than my share of experimenting as a teenager, self medicating my misery. I watched almost half of my friends die or go to jail because of drugs. I personally stuck with marijuanna and kept away from the other stuff. To which I expect I owe my life, but only because I got out of even that so I would be able to join the army.

The problem with any addictive substance is the unpredictability of how much or how many uses it will take to addict. Every person reacts differently to every drug. Personally, I was lucky with pot, I could always take it or leave it. Tobacco... One cigarette as a kid and I have been addicted since. I will never forget the first cigarette I had, and the feeling of starving for another one 4 hours later. One time can be enough to ruin your life. My cousin got into herroin and was one of those ultra rare people who is simply immune to being addicted to it, but he can't touch pot or alcohol. The russian roulette of how your body chemistry will react to a given drug is not a child's game.

Please be very cautious of ANY drug.

<3

Elena

http://www.maps.org/research/mdma/

When it comes to drugs people should learn to stay objective instead of turn to their opinions.

Anyhow OP you're initiating post did spark my interest; unfortunately there hasn't been any research done around the correlation transgender-brain and pharmacological action of MDMA.

It is an amphetamine; all amphetamines are notorious to increase sex drive so in the end it's all down to your personal experience and body chemistry if you do (or not) get aroused.

Guest eliza.d

ok, well im sure everyone has said it, but STAY AWAY FROM ECSTASY OR DRUGS PERIOD!

they nearly killed me and ive done most of them.

ive seen people die before my eyes on various drugs.

I know you want to have fun, but TRUST ME, that is a road you do not want to go down girl.

not trying to be a drag, but i dont want to see you get hurt.

Eliza

Guest Donna Jean

I know a guy in Vietnam that got killed because he was high while on patrol.....

Wasn't paying attention.......magic bullet got him...

Dee Jay

• Forum Moderator

Though I seldom mention it I had prescriptions for amphetamines foe 18 years. Always legal but eventually very strong. As strong as they were made. Had to finally give them up for good when my last Dr went to prison for taking them and for prescribing them after the ban. So I switched to ephedra. not as good but still ....Then that was banned and I had to learn to live on my own.

And during all but 2 years of that time I was celibate. So no amphetamines don't necessarily increase sexual pleasure or appetite.

And when I finally kicked all that I found a technique called a natural high. Just as good but doesn't kill you or burn your body out. I am paying-every hour of every day -for those amphetamines. I will till the day I die-and I am already past my life expectancy though most of my family lives 30 years longer. Still 30 years of being old doesn't mean much to you though I bet.

I've been told repeatedly it's a miracle I'm alive. I well remember the feeling of crashing. I knew how to manage it-but how many days of my life and youth I wasted to it! I was just plain stupid. And as a user I can say without hesitation that using is stupid. Period. The price is always too high. And you will always pay the price one way or another eventually

Of course getting high naturally takes a little effort and learning. It isn't as fast or easy as a drug at first. But it is better than any drug high I ever had. And it gives instead of takes.You might look it up at some point if you decide you want to be alive and healthy for awhile longer.

Sorry but I have little patience with users. Know them too well I guess. And the worst part is the way they all want to tell you it's fine so they can convince themselves too. Just like all addicts. And I am talking hard drugs here like any form of amphetamines. I wouldn't listen to a drunk tell me why alcohol is so good any more than a user telling me how safe drugs can be. There is just no credibility there folks

Johnny

Guest thomasina uk

I've had several peers and 'friends' in the past that tried to convince me to take E and how safe it was.

I am glad I paid them no heed.

T

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Inverse

...and, ~sigh~, I really hoped this wouldn't be one of those forums, but I suppose it couldn't be helped. I'll most likely try my best to stay out of threads like this in the future.

Long story short OP:

No~ there is no major difference. The effects of MDMA vary greatly amongst everyone. They all will feel some sense of empathy and euphoria, and the same side effects tend to happen to all as well. What's in your ecstasy pill can vary, but as long as it's pure MDMA, the effects are pretty clear in my experience. I have met many trans and nontrans within the psytrance and rave seen in the northwest.

If you are a transwoman on SSRI or MAOI, there are complications with these chemicals that can arise. One of which, is not making it work at all. Antidepressants work off the same receptors as MDMA. They can "kill the magic" of this pill forever. It's why I'll never touch antidepressants. Anything that attacks the centers that make me happy to such a degree as to cause permanent damage (yet is legal of course) is something I'll stay clear of.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. <3

Guest Jenny C

Oh my dear Inverse...

You seem to be mixing things a little bit...

Antidepressant saved many lives... Some people DO need them... And that happens... That's reality and it's ok. You should not play with other persons lives...

I'm not sure you can say the same about MDMA... Not for what I've seen...

I'm really sorry that you are so much nearsighted.

Using navel-gazing experience to give advice to others is not the same as using scientific research.

Do your homework my dear...

Sorry if I'm crude but I am really outraged by your comparisons and lack of judgment.

Jenny