• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Starting Hormones

Guest Danielle4Life

Guest Danielle4Life

Good News Everyone!

One of my girlfriends I haven't told her I'm a guy and she thinks I am a girl. Not only this, I've speaking with my doctor about hormones and he asked me if I was considering them about 7-8 weeks ago. I went to my doctor's office and told them that I spoke with Toronto's Sherbourne Health Centre, and the doctor there said that they want to get me on hormones as soon as possible. They said because I'm 19 years old, I probably won't need anti-androgens. :P So my physician is willing to put me on hormones! :D:rolleyes:

Congratulations.

It's always different for everyone; sometimes it plays to the persons favor to be older, this time it sounds like it played to your favor not to be ;) Just goes to show, all the docs are different, and have their indiv ways.

Congrats

Congrats! I'm thinking... it may pay to query the doctor about the anti-androgens and his reasons for not putting you on them. I know many doctors do prefer to put younger t-girls on anti-androgens to stop them developing masculine features as they mature.

Good News Everyone!

One of my girlfriends I haven't told her I'm a guy and she thinks I am a girl. Not only this, I've speaking with my doctor about hormones and he asked me if I was considering them about 7-8 weeks ago. I went to my doctor's office and told them that I spoke with Toronto's Sherbourne Health Centre, and the doctor there said that they want to get me on hormones as soon as possible. They said because I'm 19 years old, I probably won't need anti-androgens. :P So my physician is willing to put me on hormones! :D:rolleyes:

Grats!

Hormones feel sooooooo good!

Everyone reacts differently depending upon dosage and how much your body produces anyway. I'll spare you the adult stuff and tell you this...

In six months my sense of smell got a LOT sharper, as did my sense of taste, my need to communicate and my empathy.

It's a great ride and I know now that women feel SO much more of life than men do.

Watch out for the mood swings though. They can take you by surprise. You'll get a lot more angry and a lot faster. You'll laugh and have a hard time stopping...and cry for no reason.

Rayne

• 2 weeks later...
In six months my sense of smell got a LOT sharper, as did my sense of taste, my need to communicate and my empathy.

It's a great ride and I know now that women feel SO much more of life than men do.

Watch out for the mood swings though. They can take you by surprise. You'll get a lot more angry and a lot faster. You'll laugh and have a hard time stopping...and cry for no reason.

That sounds so good. I missing or want this things also. I allways feel bad about not being communicative and empathy. This is beside the body shape thing, the mayor point why I feel bad as a man. I hope HRT will make me less agressiv.

Greetings

Nelly

Congratulations! I am so happy that you are starting on your hormones and at such an early age they should really make a difference. Take the time to notice all of the changes - some will leap out at you and others will be subtile, but they are all important to your transition.

Good luck,

Sally