• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What games are you looking forward to?

Guest Kate Lyn

Guest Kate Lyn

As the topic title says] Im wonderign what games you lot are looking forward to playing

I myself am going to pick up Kingdoms of Amular Reckoning as the demo was well pretty damn good lol, Im interested in the New Tomb Raider, and Resident evil 6. long time, i was waiting anxiously for Mass effect 3 but it came, i played and conquered :D, loved it mostly.

I am interested in Tekken X Streetfighter, as i prefer the Tekken games tbh, i think the play style is better aswell than the opposite game Street fighter x Tekken.

the rumour mill suggest Shemmue is being ported to the HD systems, if so then that is a MUST! i got all way the the final disc on the dream cast but mym accidently scratched it when she dropped it. so i never got ot beat it, and what i played of the xbox 1 port of shemmu 2 was great though it didnt have a dub.

though Ive got SKyrim to finish, Boarderlands, TRU and Alan wake's american nightmare.

so what games are you waiting for ?

Guest Isobelle Fox

I am looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 and Metro: Last Light. I've played all the other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games and they're personal favorites. I loved the atmosphere of Metro 2033 as well, so a sequal is definitely welcome. I really like the post-apocalypse genre and games that are more free-roaming like the Elder Scrolls games. I also enjoy the unusual story telling style of the lower budger east European game studios like GSC and the people that made Cryostasis. The emphasis on heavy atmosphere and story is a huge plus.

I continue to amuse myself by hoping to someday play Half-Life 3 as well.

I am currently playing Skyrim and Deux Ex: Human Revolution. Both are amazing. I have Fall Out: New Vegas on the back-burner. I enjoyed Fallout 3, but these games are kind of buggy, and with Skyrim to distract me, its hard to care about New Vegas.

Guest Kate Lyn

the Post Apocalyptic games ar eusualyl interesting, ive got Metro 2033 to go through yet, my brother swears by it lol, he bought the novel aswell :D

Stalker is supposed to be good, the one sit in chernobyl? i think it was

Ive gotta get roudn to Fall out 3, and new vegas, i bought them both 2 years ago, but other games i wanted more took over, loving Skyrim, i ike it over Morrowind and most of Oblivion to be fair, it seems to be less buggy than those 2, plus i think the atmospherics are amazing, and the music is incredible. its an expirience that im enjoying =)

Halflife 3! i want lol, i used to hate Halflife but i played Portal and was like, okay ill try it again.. and well I couldnt get halflife, again so i settle for the orange box, and halflife 2 and i can see why alot of people praise it as one of the best first person expirience games ever.

but hey! Human revoloution is my 2nd favortie game of last year, behind Alice maddness returns. loved the story in deus ex 3 human rev. just compelling and a very rich interesting world imo. and Jensen is just lush lol

Guest Isobelle Fox

I've wanted to read the Metro book. The game positively oozes atmosphere. I really loved the voice of the narrator, too. The "chapters" in the game are introduced in the voice of the character you play - Artyom. The guy they got to do the dialog just sounds very genuine. Metro 2033 has one of the scariest monsters in it that I have ever experienced in a video game: The Librarian. Oh wow, that thing was tough.

I bought the original novel that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was loosely based on, called Roadside Picnic. I really liked that too, as well as Andrei Tarkovsky's extremely long and esoteric film, called Stalker, that was also based on the book. All in all that whole series of stuff was really cool.

The only complaints I had about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro 2033 were the performance issues. The first two S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games were incredibly buggy when unpatched and were also very demanding on hardware. I didn't have a single issue with the third one, Call of Pripyat. It was much more polished at release. All three of them were excellent games though: tons of atmosphere, a really cool and super original concept, free roaming play like the Elder Scrolls games mixed with survival horror and shooter elements.

You know, I played Half-Life 2 before I played the original Half Life. I had heard about HL for years and everyone kind of idolized it, so when HL2 came along and I found a bargain bin copy, I tried it out and LOVED it. Its just ridiculously epic and reinvents itself over the course of many fun hours. So, I went back after that and played the original HL and hated it. ::laughs:: The HL2 chapters that came out later were fun, too, but they really need to stop messing around and finish HL3.

I've only played the first Portal, but it was fantastic, and I definitely will play the second at some point. I have always loved puzzle games, when the puzzles were well integrated. My first video game obsession was with the Myst serires. I played them all multiple times, read all the books, and collected all the memorabilia I could get my hands on. I like it that other genres of games are now starting to blend puzzle solving elements into their play.

As for Skyrim... Wow is really all I can say. Its breath-takingly beautiful, absolutely enormous, and tons of fun. I played but never finished Morrowind. I thought it was great. I played Oblivion and all of the expansions to completion and thought it was incredible. But they really out-did themselves with Skyrim. I will play it out slowly, like I did with Oblivion, and probably get well over a year out of it, especially if they do expansions, and I am sure that they eventually will. They always do.

Which is good, because at the moment, I don't have a very long list of games to look forward to. I don't have a console of any kind anymore, and the list of PC titles gets shorter and shorter every year, it seems like. I haven't played any of the Mass Effect games, though, so I guess I can do some catching up if I ever run out of stuff to play. I doubt I will though. For all of my enthusiasm, since I started transition, my game playing time has dwindled to almost nothing. Its just not as interesting to me as it used to be, and I'm actually fine with that. With the assorted transition expenses I have had these last few years, I can't afford to be obsessed with anything much anyway : P

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City here.

I picked up Street Fighter X Tekken, though I prefer tekken games as well. I grew up with Tekken but this was the first game outside of Japan that MtF Capcom character Poison was going to be in and I was too excited to wait. Total waste of $60. Not that the game isn't good but not worth $60. It's balanced very very poorly with the usual Ryu, Ken, Akuma and oddly enough Kazuya being just about the only chars played online but also the most over powered. If you're playing as a female character against any of these four (when your opponent is human) You may as well roll over and die because one punch from one of them is going to do 3 times as much damage as a whole combo any female can unleash. To make the characters more irritating, any attack they perform will just negate any combo or attack your character is doing.

Then there's this whole "Gem Unit" thing that makes it even more grossly unbalanced and unfair and Capcom has made it obvious yet again they're all about nickel and dimeing you for DLC. I feel used and abused having bought this game. If it had an online arcade mode I wouldn't be so disappointed with it but since the only online co-op is versus other humans and my best friend is in the UK the game is just totally useless to me now. In 4 hours of online matches we fought 2 opponents not using Ken, Ryu, Akuma or Kazuya and then one guy who used Dhalsim and Ryu as his go to back up character. The tag teaming with friends is awesome but not with such a poorly balanced game. I really wish I'd waited for TK x SF but somehow I fear the balance issues will always be tipped in favor of SF characters over Tekken characters for multiple reasons.

I'd love to hear more about TK x SF when it comes out though.

The only other games on my list at this time for this year are...

Resident Evil 6 and definitely the Tomb Raider (I really hope Square Enix hasn't totally ruined the series) with Aliens: Colonial Marines and Warriors Orochi 3 high on my list of maybe games.

Guest Nicole Thrace

Games I am looking forward are: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon FS3, Lollipop Chainsaw, Borderlands 2 and ALIENS: Colonial Marines.

I loved playing Fallout 3!! I didn't think New Vegas was as good. Skyrim is a great game, I plan on going back to playing it after I finish Mass Effect 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kate Lyn

@ Isobelle - its funny how a game can suprise you aha :D, but ill take your word for it and try ou tthe stalker games, when i get my pc sorted out (my video card popped its clogs, and ive not got the funds to get a new card, or pc yet) metro though have it on the 360, just got through ME3, but i too am finding it hard to play games these days, i do when i can but too much stuff to sort out stops me. yeah though they defo out did themselves with Skyrim :D loving it. though i was taking a break from it, as to not burn out. (because i do the guilds and main sotry as seperate characters)

@Risu - Yeah like i had kept my eyes on SF x Tekken, but well I always disliked the weird special move input controls(designed for arcade sticks) and I dislike the op super moves that can be done, i mean atleast in tekken they leave that to Jinpachi or azreal(boss from 6?) so you can have decent vs bouts with not much worry about being obliterated. so i waited for launch checked out the game being played etc and yeah i was like pass, for now atleast. Resident evil 6 yeah im waiting for that too! :D great to have leon back, but I want claire... like come on! atleast Capcom wont screw resident evil up, atleast the cannon games of the series. not sure about operation racoon city, myself i mean if my younger brother bought it then id do it too cos we both love all the previous titles (not the gun survivor or GB titles) and co.op made us happy :D, but sre enough more info bout 6 is appearing online so hoping for good news :D

Oh and TombRaider i am with you on that, im a fan of the earlier games (PSone era) and when they did legend and anniversary made me happy :D, still gotta go through underworld though. but yeah i swa the big cinematic trailer and was excited :D cant wait.

@ Nicole, boarderlands 2 i like the look of also, the first one was great, lots of quests, favorite thing with it though was the art style they went for, its pretty awesome. and i trust Gearbox to make a good sequel, hevent dissapointed me yet. lollipop chainsaw :D looks ot be fun, though i hope it doesnt turn out ot be like deadrising though, wasnt too happy about them games well cept the bite sized arcade dead risings. and I like what i saw of shadows of the damned, and alreayd like SHinji mikami and he worked with suda 51 on shadows of the damned dunno if hes invoved with lollipop chainsaw, if so then great, i see him as a seal of qaulity :D lots of people talk about colonial marines, im not sure about it, sega messed around with it way too much, and just think it may miss. going to check out the demo though provided they do one.

@DeeJaym :D ive not played flightsimulator since the 1998 edition(i think it was) on my dads old PC, it made my head spin, but helped me understand flying a little better, for other games that used it (freespace, x-wing vs tie fighter) but havent tried or playe done since.

** update KIngdoms of AMulur Reckoning i know its out but I want, and Dragons Dogma check that out if you want a different RPG expirience, cos it looks like mixing of J-RPG and Western RPG. the creating your own squad got me really interested, in addition to your char6acter, theres alot of detail they are putting into it, plus you get the reisdent evil 6 demo aswell with it, but i think the game should be good :D

lastly dark siders 2, even though the first one annoyed me at the end, i still finished it and i will go through the 2nd one aswell as they are very zelda-esq.

Hmm... games I'm looking forward to play... maybe I should mention that I already got Diablo III (pre-purchased and pre-downloaded) and it doesn't come out until may? :P

Also going to join the beta for WoW - Mists of Pandaria as soon as I get the invitation I'm supposed to get.

And definitely can't wait for Starcraft II - Heart of the Swarm.

As a curious note, they are all by the same company (Blizzard Entertainment).

Hugs,

Ethain