• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ignoring finances for a moment...

Guest LizMarie

Guest LizMarie

Has anyone discussed with an electrologist (is that a word? :) ) whether doing one large session followed by one hour weeklies until the next major growth cycle is visible then repeating might get the bulk of electrolysis done quicker? I've read elsewhere that 1.5-2 years is typical for complete hair removal and perhaps that can't be avoided but I was also wondering if doing, say, an 8 hour session followed by one hour weeklies then another 8 hour session every 12 weeks might work out better or not?

As I said in the title, let's ignore the financial question for just a minute and focus on this technical question. Does anyone have any knowledge about this? Or are just doing hourly sessions weekly the best way?

Guest Donna Jean

Has anyone discussed with an electrologist (is that a word? :) )

Yes, that is a word.....lol

whether doing one large session followed by one hour weeklies until the next major growth cycle is visible then repeating might get the bulk of electrolysis done quicker? I've read elsewhere that 1.5-2 years is typical for complete hair removal and perhaps that can't be avoided

Well, I've done 65 hours with at least that much more to go....

Your sessions are limited by your and your electrologist's stamina....I used to get 3 hours every Saturday morning ...at the end of those, both her and I were wore out....

but I was also wondering if doing, say, an 8 hour session followed by one hour weeklies then another 8 hour session every 12 weeks might work out better or not?

Again what can you and your electrologist bear?

As I said in the title, let's ignore the financial question for just a minute and focus on this technical question. Does anyone have any knowledge about this? Or are just doing hourly sessions weekly the best way?

I did weekly one hour sessions for a while and went to 3 hours on Sat. morn.....

You can do as much as you and your electrologist can handle....

If money is no object...there are places that will do 8 hour days on you until you're clear....but, that is day after day and you will end up a big, re bump for a while!

Dee Jay

It is probably quicker than just one hour a week because that one week you would do 8 hours.

Fact is, in 8 hours they aren't gonna get all your face unless not much hair so you can probably do 8 hours a week every week and get it done even faster.

I known people who have done several hours at a time a couple times a week.

Guest Ney'ite

I did 1 hour a week (I could not handle any more) for the first year, and thereafter reduced to every other week, to now I go once every 5 or so weeks. Always for just one hour. Let's see, I have been going since roughly October-ish of 2009.

Guest Elizabeth K

My thinking? More is done in two hours continuous that two separate one hour sessions - no delays for the setup. My electrologist could only go two hours (eyestrain I think) but would do it every week. And I can't comment on growth spurts as my 'beard' was really the eyebrows and mustache area as elsewhere is so light. I think I had 18 hours? I can't remember. I think another four would do it - followed up maybe every six months for a few years.

YMMV

Lizzy

And don't waste money on body hair electrolysis - wait to see what the HRT does for a year or so. Most of it goes away..

Guest Shari

I've been getting 1 hour treatments every week since early September. It is such a slow process. I don't think I could endure more than an hour at a time.

Shari

Guest Donna Jean

A few days ago I was talking to a girl in 'Frisco that had been doing it everyday for 6 hours a day....

There are clinics that will take you and put two electrologists on you and do you 8 hours a day for however long it takes to get it done....I week....3 weeks...2 months.....

Remember, each hair requires a needle insertion of 5-15 seconds ....depending on the machine settings...

No one ever said it was easy....

Huggs

Dee Jay

• 1 month later...

I did 1 hour a week (I could not handle any more) for the first year, and thereafter reduced to every other week, to now I go once every 5 or so weeks. Always for just one hour. Let's see, I have been going since roughly October-ish of 2009.

They're going to love me in the old folks home. No need to shave Katheryn, she just completed her last elctrolysis appointment just in time to celebrate her turning 80 years old. I am so looking forward to that first electrolysis appointment. I can hear some liberal comentator say, you cannot perform electrolysis on terrorist to extract information. Why it's inhumane, maybe torture. Ah Ms Katheryn are we doing waterboarding today or would you prefer electrolysis mmmmm? I'll spill my guts, I'll tell you anything you want to know. Just don't perform the dreded electrolysis technic. See Vee hav vays of making you talk...................Katheryn

• 4 weeks later...

A few days ago I was talking to a girl in 'Frisco that had been doing it everyday for 6 hours a day....

There are clinics that will take you and put two electrologists on you and do you 8 hours a day for however long it takes to get it done....I week....3 weeks...2 months.....

Remember, each hair requires a needle insertion of 5-15 seconds ....depending on the machine settings...

No one ever said it was easy....

Huggs

Dee Jay

DJ:

I did an hour today and that was enough. Six hours a day would require a morphine drip. Six hours of electrolysis would constitute a war crime if you did it on the enemy.. I'm surprised the ACLU didn't sue for cruel and unusual punishment. Kathryn

Guest Melissa~

4000 hairs later I have an 80% reduction through electrolysis, only on my mustache. I am going to get a full facial laser treatment set, then zap hairs as they come back in the future.