• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Forum Moderator

The Ocean - Led Zeppelin

"Singing to an ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar"

"Play for free, I play for me and play a whole lot more, more!"

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

I love this one because when it came out I actually figured out the bass part and felt so proud of myself....it's the little things in life...

• Forum Moderator
24 minutes ago, Shay said:

I love this one because when it came out I actually figured out the bass part and felt so proud of myself....it's the little things in life...

Just love JPJ's bass parts in that song, and the walking in the end, so cool....

• Forum Moderator

A Petty song I love singing with our band - they love playing their Richenbocker 12 strings.

How about the band Kansas?  They have just released a brand new studio album called "Absence of Presence."  It is vintage Kansas, and at the moment, I can't stop listening to the album.  "Hold On!"

• Forum Moderator

That is excellent news - I will be listening this weekend. I remember meeting Rich Williams at the University of Toledo when they had 1 album out and they were opening for Queen. My band Silverhorse released a single called WEARINESS in late 1979 and WMMS in Cleveland kept playing our song and Carry On My Wayward Son back to back saying we sounded like Kansas. I thought that was weird being we had no keyboards or violin... but I'm happy people seemed to like us. Too bad the band imploded just before we signed with Atlantic Records - but that's another story. For now I'm including our song Weariness - let me know if you think there is any resemblance.

weariness.mp3

Today is pop and rock reimagined in funk, swing and big band. A mix of Postmodern Jukebox, Scary Pockets and some other bands.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you - does it sound sort of like early Kansas to you?

• Forum Moderator

AUGUST 8

Our band is going to add REM to our Beatles, Tom Petty - here is the first one we are adding

And this one is one I love playing solo

• Forum Moderator

John Barleycorn, what a neat story put to music! 

Steve Winwood is one I do like a lot even back in the Cream days.

I can see the resemblance to early Kansas.

• Forum Moderator

Sorry to tell you this but Linwood wasn't in cream though close...he was in Clapton next band Blind Faith and he was 16 when he was in Spencer Davis Group and Traffic was my personal favorite band he put together...that was where he did John Barleycorn an old old English folk song.

You are right it was Blind Faith. I should have caught that mistake before hitting the send key.

• Forum Moderator

This morning is again beautiful and breezy. Reminds me of the summer I first heard the Eagles and saw an eagle flying over head and then the bonus of hearing Jackson Browne's version - he wrote all except the 3rd verse - Glenn Frey wrote that because Jackson couldn't come up with one.

• Forum Moderator

AUGUST 10, 2020

If you didn't have a wonderful weekend or you are going through something sad....I've always loved this song to pick me up and smile with a tear....don't no one called Rose Marie but I love it just the same..............

Smile a Little Smile for Me

https://youtu.be/BR3xcZ-osqE

• Forum Moderator

another younger band I really like is Dawes and especially the lyrics of this one.

• Forum Moderator

AUGUST 11, 2020 - one day maybe after more voice feminization work I can sound closer to Dale Rossington - love her voice

• Forum Moderator

I am listening to REM "Man on the Moon", cool story, love this song. It's part of the fabric of time and the paths that all our lives have taken......

• Forum Moderator
54 minutes ago, Shay said:

AUGUST 11, 2020 - one day maybe after more voice feminization work I can sound closer to Dale Rossington - love her voice

Great tune Heather.....

• Forum Moderator

Been listening to Steely Dan.  Today these two struck me.  The first with the melody and second with the story.  Plus they have awesome Bass lines.

• Forum Moderator

AUGUST 12, 2020 - time for an amazing guitarist who was taken from us much too young....so thankful I was able to see his amazing playing before he passed

• Forum Moderator

What a wonderful guitarist. Are you listening @Cyndee thank you so much for this @Teri Anne you are my angel this morning and perhaps Cyndee's as well - needed this particular song this morning.