• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Nice list @SaraAW.  Thanks!  Some great songs there!

Welcome to the thread Niamh! 

• Forum Moderator

Our band plans to pick up It's Good to be King - I'm singing so occasionally I'll put in Queen instead.....accidentally on purpose.

https://youtu.be/6aogOR8c8Q4

and No Matter What by Badfinger - but I only sing bv on this one 

https://youtu.be/LR6LSnREyYU

• Forum Moderator

What a great slow rocker by Tom Petty......

I love the way they raise chords (voicing lift) the bass goes up an octave, creates a nice effect

• Forum Moderator

yes - I am in love with the entire FEEL of the song - a buried treasure I can't wait to play....

By the way - my lead player is such a nit picker when it comes to sounds and styles - I'm sure he willemulate the Leslie to a T in NO MATTER WHAt. You should hear his sound on NORWEGIAN WOOD

• Forum Moderator

Great tune on a Sunday morning, so sweet 20 years later. You rock me Walter Becker....Just so tasty...

• Forum Moderator

Great choice....wish I could have seen that tour. Only saw them in 1972 at u of Toledo during their Countdown?to Ecstasy tour. I will post a photo of that concert when I can get to my photo album.

• Forum Moderator

@Dinaki that is a wonderful collaboration!  Thank you for sharing it. 

@Cyndee That is a super example of dreams lost and the reality of it.  

"I said babe you look delicious
And you're standing very close
But like this is Lower Broadway
And you're talking to a ghost"

• Forum Moderator

@Dinaki I missed the Freddie Mercury.cool. I saw a Carol Burnett show where she sang Send in the Clowns. My wide thought Joni Mitchell wrote it. I said no. Turns out Stephen Sondheim wrote it. Said freddie did a version. Can't wait to get to my pc to hear it.

• Forum Moderator

Bummer - the Freddie Mercury version of Send in the Clowns is instrumental....

So I guess my second choice for listing to today.... let's put on a little Supertramp... my personal favorite of theirs...

DREAMER

https://youtu.be/-UYVHF37KzA

• Forum Moderator

@Shay - wonderful tune. They have so many. Used to play along on harmonica to "Long way home", great memories...

• Forum Moderator

I still am the harp player on our Beatles and Petty songs requiring it. It is a struggle sometimes to sing, play bass, play harp on YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS, MARY JANE'S LAST DANCE, I SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER, LOSER and LOVE ME DO (this one I have to fake the notes on lead section as they used a different key harp in the studio and I tried to pick up the right key for theat part but it was way too much effort for so little payback).

And my other favorite Supertramp song ... Bloody Well Right....

• Forum Moderator

Another great band.  We saw them in August '83 in Worcester, MA before Roger Hodgson left.  They spoke about it on stage.  

• Forum Moderator

never saw them - but it was sad they couldn't work things out because every band needs more than one talented writer and voice....

• Forum Moderator

as promised - here are photos of Steely Dan at the University of Toledo 1972 (I think)

steely dan.jpg

steely dan 2.jpg

• Forum Moderator

I love the upper one with Donald Fagen, Walter Becker and Jeff "Skunk" Baxter.... Denny Diaz is the only one I came name in the second photo besides Fagen

Thanks for the encouragement...

Love ELP and Freddie.

So just to re-affirm my love for the non-conforming. A group I have followed since the early '70s is this quirky English band called "Stackridge". almost impossible to pin any genre on them, Two of them became the "Korgis" after they split up in the 70s. But they then reformed in around 2000. Got to see them at a number of gigs until their final bow gig in 2015.

One of my favourite of their post reformation tracks is this - The Red Squirrel - about a fight back against the Grey Squirrels decimating the English population of "Reds".

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Niamh said:

One of my favourite of their post reformation tracks is this - The Red Squirrel - about a fight back against the Grey Squirrels decimating the English population of "Reds".

@Niamh Thanks for sharing.  I really enjoyed listening.  I found other performances on YT and got a full taste.  Nice!!

@Teri Anne Very good version of a Foreigner hit.  The lead singer's voice is phenomenal.

• Forum Moderator

Wow...good stuff...i have some enjoyment heading my way.