• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Shay said:

Another wonderful Bass line and guitar work from band who so few seem to know existed.............. ( @Teri Anne @Ann W )

Very cool, nice bass for sure...

19 hours ago, Shay said:

Another wonderful Bass line and guitar work from band who so few seem to know existed

Very cool @Shay...and no, never heard of them.  That was a great period though.

Digging the Autumn Leaves as I type.

• Forum Moderator

Cool Funk, Soul music.  Its interesting how some bands make it and some don't.  

• Forum Moderator

I wrote an article way back in college eons ago asking the very same question. Other than luck and marketing and magic I couldn't answer the question with any sense of resolution.

5 hours ago, Ann W said:

Have I ever cried my eyes out to this song?

Yes

More than once?

Yes.

nuff said...

First I've heard this song, but it's beautiful. Peter Gabriel is a legend. (Always loved "Games Without Frontiers")

• Forum Moderator

I feel energetic this morning wanting something HIGH energy

Slept in, don't have work until this evening, not much I need to do until then, so enjoying a nice lazy...umm...not quite "morning" any more...

Perfect day for one of my old favorites:

5 hours ago, Shay said:

I feel energetic this morning wanting something HIGH energy

Not sure which I like better, the incredible shredding or that bassist's skater-chic outfit! Wish I could look that good in it! Or play half that well! (Or at all ;) )

14 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

Slept in, don't have work until this evening, not much I need to do until then, so enjoying a nice lazy...umm...not quite "morning" any more...

Perfect day for one of my old favorites:

Whoa! Ok, this is really weird...

When I posted that, I was intentionally posting a youtube video of "Al Jarreau - Mornin' (Official Video)". But when I view this thread on my phone, it comes up as a completely different video titled "NAT KING COLE L-O-V-E". When I view it on my PC, its still Mornin' by Al Jarreau as originally intended.

What the...?

@Heather Nicole Ah Scotland in the sun!  That skater skirt is absolutely fabulous (sigh) but I would need to starve myself for 3 months to even get close to being able to wear one and even then I would be mutton dressed as lamb. 

Your other video is George Benson "when I fall in love" a tribute to Nat King Cole for me.

Today I have been going retro on my spotify list, went to YT to share the link and I'd forgotten how confused and jealous I was of some of these OTT outfits and eye makeup looks, I may have to go searching for some Missy Elliot now though she has been one of my favourite artists for years!

Ooh, yes, Missy Elliot is fantastic. I'm only familiar with a small amout of her stuff, but I love the interesting beats she uses. Gossip Folks was always one of my favs.

1 hour ago, DeeDee said:

Ah Scotland in the sun!

I think I might have to move to the Scottish countryside someday.

@Heather Nicole hahaha, everyone says that until they meet the midges ;)  Missy has been consistently strong for years, Gossip folks was so catchy. Work It, We Run This, Ching a Ling, Teary Eyed. I think she is so underrated because she wont play the same game as other Hip Hop artists she made wearing tracksuits a whole look!

• Forum Moderator

Ahhh.... I prepare for my therapist and electrolysis today and listening to a band that didn't do well on U.S. shores but a really good band..... Gentle Giant

https://youtu.be/UM-yGcpaY_4

and of course my old reliable.... Yes

https://youtu.be/p2mwSO_Ni4o

• Forum Moderator

Loved this song........................

• Forum Moderator

Pre-Foghat (or as I called them - Hogfat) - Lonesome Dave and Roger Earl - Tony Stevens - were in Savoy Brown - good band - like John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Mick Taylor, John MacVie, Jack Bruce and many others

So I'm having a particularly nostalgic evening and watching/listening to music from a peculiarly British institution - the last night of the Proms. Each year since I can remember this has occurred.

This is one of the pieces of music that is ALWAYS played...

• Forum Moderator

I'm wanting to cook a little - the album A PLACE IN THE SUN was always a good choice to check stereo equipment at Circuit City or Best Buy or those things called Audio Stores........... good band in concert - saw them open for Kansas