• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Forum Moderator

I saw Jonny Lang when he was 15 at the Hard Rock in New Orleans.  Even at that age he blew us all away! I was on a business trip.  We all got signed CD's.  Afterwards they loaded their Econoline Van to drive to the next show!  

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

A local fave, and they just have so many good songs. This particular one grooves, it moves, just lovely bass lines, and oh the textures, the emotion....

• Forum Moderator

Loved Heart from the moment I got a crackly radio station and heard Magic Man and even with bad radio reception I knew they were going to be amazing and worth following. Amen.

• Forum Moderator

This is especially one I think @Teri Anne will like with the emotional guitar playing.

Mike Harrison was the lead singer with Spooky Tooth and I always loved his voice - this is from his first solo album.

Feeling playful today and thought of the most unlikely bands in the same concert:

Jimi Hendrix opened briefly for the Monkees in 1967 tour just after he appeared at Monterey pop festival. It was a not a concert I would have gone too, but I would have loved to see the reaction of Monkees fans and their parents. Would have been fun

and then Monkees first song their setlist

• Forum Moderator

I saw Brewer & Shipley a long time ago and they said the most diverse song with copies was ONE TOKE OVER THE LINE  covered by Grateful Dead and Lawrence Welk (check out Lawrence referring to it as a modern gospel song LOL)

• Forum Moderator

@miz miranda love your choices of Hendrix and The Monkees - I once had a Monkee's 8 button shirt. I went to a boys school and that year they forced us to wear ties so I wore my Monkee's shirt ANYWAY with a clip on tie (my first civil disobedience protect of sorts - yay)

@Shay As a congenital nonconformist, I love the rebellion! I also think a monkees shirt and a leather skirt with heels matching the shirt would make a great outfit.

A second odd pairing of bands

. This also occurred in 1967 when the Doors opened for Simon and Garfunkel. Doors opened with

and one of my favorite songs

• Forum Moderator

Always liked this Dave Clark Five song and like it even better hearing Tom Petty doing it..............

On 2/24/2021 at 11:15 PM, nympheanelumbo said:

Currently? I'm listening to Drake, actually. His leaked songs off his CLB album LMFAO 

I downloaded two of the songs I liked before they got taken down.

Great production on some of Drake's stuff, but I prefer Kendrick. This one never gets old.

• Forum Moderator

A peaceful drizzly morning - watching the rain and enjoying some relaxing music from George Winston - saw him in concert - bare feet and all.....................

• Forum Moderator

This song goes out to Denise as she waits for her new bass to arrive and she cuts a link off her waiting chain for delivery.........................................

• Forum Moderator

Gosh - I got to see one of the few Manassas shows with Stephen Stills, Chris Hillman and I love Joe Lala's percussion - Jani here is some guiro for you......

• Forum Moderator

Nice!  The drum beat is really up beat in this track.  I love the percussion.

• Forum Moderator

ah.... an album that affected me greatly..................learned how to play this song on acoustic and was in heaven............

• Forum Moderator

Love the Manassas , got me in a certain frame of mind

some more Stephen Stills, lovely slide guitar, and rhythm changes....

• Forum Moderator

How about a little bit from the master guitarist..............

• Forum Moderator

Ahhh another great guitarist.  My first album of his was the one he made in Cuba with Manuel Galban, "Mambo Sinuendo" which is awesome.  His son joined him playing drums. 

• Forum Moderator

I feel at standstill or plateau today and need a little hope - looked up songs of hope and the top 1 was a song I play in a band and love playing bass and singing harmonies - thank you Mr. Harrison - I'm glad you took a walk in Eric Clapton's garden.