• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

kinds of mellow today - another tough therapy session.....

• Forum Moderator

now in a Monkees frame of mind

I went to the pool with my fiance last night and listened to Aphex Twin's song "Rhubarb". I don't know if I've really listened to that song that closely before, or if the flow of the song makes it difficult to notice, but the chords change in subtle but still significant ways that have given me a new appreciation for the song.

I'm continuing to listen to Brian Eno's discography. I've moved onto his album Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks. Unsurprisingly, based on the name, it's mostly eerie, dark ambient as opposed to the vibrant, bright, calming sounds I've heard from him so far. It's not something I'm going to be playing on my quiet mornings, unless I want to feel like a warlock. One song I enjoyed from the album is called "Matta". It'll go great with any DnD session taking place somewhere evil.

Colin Stetson is amazing. Every part of both of these songs is played on a saxaphone. The fact that he can create precussion and vocals on a sax while simultaneously playing a separate sax melody is astounding to me. He's played these two songs live.

49 minutes ago, miz miranda said:

listening to Traffic today

Love this live version of "Low Spark."

• Forum Moderator

something light...

• Forum Moderator

@miz miranda good selections.

Reminded me to re-listen to....

I heard there is a documentary about the meaning of the lyrics to American Pie. The song always remind of a favorite moment. During a company soccer tournament in Toulouse, France, a group of us from Ireland and Scotland had an a literal all night session in a bistro. As the sun rose, we had a sing along featuring American Pie, I still hear 'Drove my Chevy to the levee' with a thick Scottish Accent.