• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

Sara_Leighanne

@Dinaki @Cyndee My fave PF will always be Wish You Were Here.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i saw pf first after Umma Gumma came out. cost $1.50. Saw at Cleveland statium on Animals tour and remember the sheep parachutes and pig with lazer eyes and huge round screen. glad they used sll that because they would be boring to watch without the toys. Last time i saw them was in support of the Division Bell album. Too bad their founder Syd Barrett foundered and lost it with his mental illness, kind of like Peter Green, the founder of Fleetwood Mac.

Indeed ladies, Pink Floyd is the best music . I just love all of their albums. Every time I am listening to one album, I am finding it new again to me!

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, Sara_Leighanne said:

@Dinaki @Cyndee My fave PF will always be Wish You Were Here.

Excellent album !

• Forum Moderator

Jeff Beck (thanks Jani) - A day in a life

I always loved the bass line in Broken Wings - I love simple melodic - when warranted

And without the other beautiful song of Mr. Mister - a song that's uses a latin phrase from the Catholic mass of all things

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Cyndee said:

A day in a life

A nice version by an underrated guitarist. 

@Cyndee

I just sent this version to our band - we do 75 Beatles songs but not this one and our lead guitarist could nail this and I've always wanted to be Tal Wickenfeld from the first moment I saw her play with Beck at the Crossroads Festival and now I can try to learn one of her bass parts (a challenge I want to attempt)....

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... You are an amazing woman.....

@Sara_Leighanne I can't thank you enough for FaceApp - the hair style is exactly how I would love my hair and I am working hard to find a wig - maybe some day with extensions I can have the look and the make up is something for me to strive for. I look my niece only prettier if I don't say so myself (at least in the app).

We just picked up "The Great Wide Open", "Yer So Bad" and "The Last Time" this week... all smiles here......

Sara_Leighanne
50 minutes ago, Shay said:

@Sara_Leighanne I can't thank you enough for FaceApp - the hair style is exactly how I would love my hair and I am working hard to find a wig - maybe some day with extensions I can have the look and the make up is something for me to strive for. I look my niece only prettier if I don't say so myself (at least in the app).

you are welcome:)

just listened to one of my songs that was written for a play I wrote - telling the struggles of entertainers on the road and could as easily be about entertainers today....

American Lyceum

american lyceum w bill.mp3

• Forum Moderator

Beautiful.  A melancholy tune where the fiddle really adds to the feeling. 

• Forum Moderator

I love classical too! 

@Jani, this is Maria Callas on her last concert. My mom adored her and once, when Miss Callas was in Athens for Onassis, she invited my mommy for afternoon tea.

I remember very well that day my mom did not take me with her, she said that she was invited a lone but I do know (I have the feeling) that I wasn't there, because I was different.

• Forum Moderator

She has a beautiful voice.  Admittedly I am not a huge fan of listening to classical vocals but when I can watch the singer it is very enjoyable.  I suppose it has to do with not understanding the language.  Before the pandemic closed theaters, my local independent showed Pavarotti, the film by Ron Howard. It was very good!  If you have the opportunity to see it, please do.  I think you will enjoy it. 

Thank you for sharing! 

• Forum Moderator

Pigeons Playing Ping Pong , saw this band back in Feb just before the pandemic hit, good jammin'

how cool is that name..   

most interesting name of band i played in in the 1990s was ACS (Ancient Chinese Secret)

• Forum Moderator

Pretty weird scene about an hour in with the animals on stage and singing happy birthday.  Their lyrics seemed to be upbeat! 
cool!

I woke up this morning and looked at the most recent FaceApp of what I might look right had I been born a girl and I mentioned it looks something like my brother's oldest daughter, only prettier. And what popped into my head was The Everly Brothers "Dream" and that is what I'm dreaming of looking like (even the hair type they inserted is exactly how I pictured it). I can dream for now but am striving through make up, hair growth and styling/coloring and extensions and HRT to become the photo I have to dream about.

Thank you @Sara_Leighanne so much for the app (again) it has made my week.

And I believe Jani likes Cathy's Clown - so here is a medley.

The Everly's were the first ones I copied singing at the age of.....wait for it.... 5 years old. I was told back then I sounded like them...which sounds pretty weird now that I think of it - that I sounded like both of them????

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for that @Shay.  I was six when that song was released.  What a rush it was.  Their influence was immense.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

• Susan R
    • VickySGV
    • Jackie C.
    • Cyndee
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

IAMJosephine
    Newest Member
    IAMJosephine

1. KathrynJulia
      KathrynJulia
      (66 years old)
    2. Michelle 2010
      Michelle 2010
      (11 years old)
    3. Shiratori
      Shiratori
      (49 years old)
    4. woahshutitdown
      woahshutitdown
      (30 years old)
    • Jackie C.
      Wait, what?   Alright though, if you really feel that way, ask one of the mods. They'll take care of it for you.   Hugs!
    • Jandi
      Same.      My experience with them has been good so far.    I’m out anyway.  
    • CBabe
      We transgender people treat one another like garbage. I've contributed quite a bit here already during my short time, with a total of 3 trans women interacting with me out of dozens. We don't support one another much, that's why we can't make friends.   I'll be deleting my account here as soon as I find out how. I don't need the same kind of attitude here that I get in real life.
    • Jamie68
      I never was into cutting myself, but I did stuff larger and larger objects deep as possible up my butt. If it didn't hurt, it wasn't big or deep enough. I did testicle stirring with syringe needles to try to kill those horrible things between my legs. I had even plans of castrating myself, either by burdizzo or surgery. Came real close to doing it several times. Now that I have come out to my wife and started transitioning, I rarely get the urge to do these things. When I do, I think about the fact that I might need that stuff for vaginalplasty. That helps. There may just be a light at the end of this tunnel. I've never mentioned this to anyone. This life seems so difficult. It shouldn't be that way. My wife doesn't understand dysphoria. She just keeps telling me, "Why can't you just be a woman to yourself and not let anyone else know". Hell, I barely understand it myself, but I have it. Always there to torture me.   Jamie
    • Lee H
      Hi Tomi I'm in the VA Health Care system, and for three months, I've been in MtF transition. The VA is seriously committed to helping people like me, with HRT, a Gender Therapist, an online Trans group, and other occasional needs. I really appreciate it all; however,  they "chart" everything into my medical file, which is available to every medical professional in the VA across the country and I suppose in military hospitals world-wide.   Without the VA, I couldn't afford it, sooo, "Screw it," I said. I just stopped worrying about it. They're supposed to maintain confidentiality, but if they don't, t'hell with it. I don't know these people, they're not my judge or family members, and, it's none of their business anyway, unless they're treating me. You are violating no policy with HRT [if your employer has such a policy, it's not legal -- see recent discussion under "Thank you, Joe], but they would be in violation of HIPAA. I figured they've got a lot more to loose.    Let me add my welcome ~~Big hug, from Lee~~  
    • magical realism
      Ive gone most of my life now with no friends of any kind due to health issues. I recently met a couple people online on an app. But never managed to see them again,and i felt i made such an embarressment of myself on it I had to just delete it. Most of my life ive hardly even met people my own generation let alone people i can relate to. All that is slowly beginning to change but it takes time,especially with covid now. I guess this is just me saying youre not alone in the boat.
    • Jamie68
      I lived in Tacoma Washington between 1975 and 1985. Beautiful country. Had to get used to working in the rain. Was vegetarian for all that time out there. Like you I ate eggs and dairy. Felt great. Health food stores and vegetarian restaurants were plentiful. Moved to north end of Chicago for 6 months after that. Plenty of health food stores there also. then to Central Illinois in the middle of farm country. Health food stores scarce here. Ended up becoming a meat eater again. It's ok though. Learned some healthy eating habits in Tacoma, Like eating the peels with potatoes, and making a salad with everything but the kitchen sink in it, and baking  instead of frying. My family thought I was nuts, but I'm healthier than them. Now days, grocery stores are carrying better food. I do like a good cup of coffee. I have a grind and brew machine. I like 8 o'clock brand with cold stone creamer.   Have a great day all.   Jamie 
    • Rami
      For me friends have always been few and far between, trans or non trans. This partially attributed to my having trust issues and partially because of my nature as a being.
    • Denisenj
      I hope you're right Audrey I hope it does get easier but as they say Life goes On
    • Audrey
      Thanks again everyone for sharing all your mascara advice! I ordered the eyelash curler and magnifying mirror, so I look forward to getting them soon and experimenting with renewed enthusiasm. One of my girlfriends warned me last night that mascara can actually damage your lashes with long-term regular use. Can anyone comment on that? I'm using natural cosmetics just in case this is a thing and hoping it's better for my skin/body.   Love, ~Audrey.
    • Audrey
      Cold weather, must exercise, finding motivation!
    • Audrey
      @Denisenj I relate to your struggle to meet others in the transgender community. The people I see regularly are all cisgender, and they're great people I love very much, but I also felt I needed friends who could relate to what I was going through on a more personal level. One of the main reasons I joined the forums here was to start building those kinds of friendships, and I'm so glad I did. The online space isn't the same as in-person of course, and yes the pandemic has made doing anything in-person so much more difficult anyway. But I feel much more connected now than I did before joining the forums. I do think that trust is important as you describe, and I know I feel very vulnerable and exposed in unfamiliar circles but building trust and achieving emotional closeness comes with time. Support groups are also a great idea as others have suggested. One of the few positive effects of the pandemic is that many organizations have stepped up their virtual offerings, so things exist now that may never have existed a year ago that you can connect to no matter where you are. Hope these thoughts help!   Love, ~Audrey.
    • VickySGV
      I have seen many of those sites, and they are not helping themselves.  By insisting on certain standards of "beauty" they paste a target on their backs, and then isolate to keep from being shot down.  It is the isolation that will keep them from becoming authentic members of their broader communities of Trans and Cis IRL.  It is those actions that give credence to the cis population idea that we are playing dress-up as opposed to real identities.   I have some "Glam" pictures of myself, and they are the ones that broadcast me as Trans and not day to day female (or NB in some cases).  The Glam shots were taken at Trans conferences where I was in a group of a few hundred Trans individuals of CD  up to post surgical people. I like to see them every now and then, but it is not my daily wear which for now is plain cotton underpants, sweat slacks and my supply of T-shirts from various events I attended in the past.  No one looks twice at me, and no misreading of who I am.  If they wonder, it is not about my making a mistake in my wardrobe or combed, but not styled hair and thus they can go ahead and wonder if they have nothing better to do with their time.  It is not my business or doing.  Just my acquired wisdom is that you are more perfect if you are imperfect, if the shoes are flats, and the hair is a little mussed, or if you do not have eyelashes or eyebrows done perfectly then you are the most comfortable, least worried, and probably much happier.
    • Bri2020
      What Sally said.  My sephora rep/god turned my on to this technique and products.  The first is a color corrector, used to cover blues /shadow.  it double duties for me since I have some spider veins on my chin.  My beard is mostly white/grey at this point but grows wicked fast.  He also said a baked powder foundation is key. Liquid ones tend to have too much "shine" and early stubble will show through fast.  The powders tend to disguise it better.  The picture here has the corrector on my hand so you can see how it covers the blues from veins. I applied some powder over it on the left side.   It was a real quick job and I did too much corrector and not enough powder but you can see the results.
    • Audrey
      I remember driving on this stretch of road many years ago, during a summer road trip. "Highway to Heaven," as I remember it was described?   This is so relatable. It's the biggest stumbling block for my partner, being visible as a lesbian couple in the world. On the one hand, she says she has no problem with same-sex couples and everything LGBTQ, in fact we are friends with a few same-sex couples who are among our neighbors. Yet, when it's *her* relationship that is same-sex, it's suddenly a different story. Rigid, gender-binary ideas of how to be in a relationship are important, but they're also the very things that I'm moving away from, because the cis male role just isn't me. NYC is just about the safest place to be in any kind of relationship so it's not that. She's shared that it's hard to see me adopt the "feminine" role, perhaps seeing me as competition as @Willow describes. However, from my point of view, she will always be more feminine but I think that's the envy rooted in gender dysphoria talking. We speak about these problems together, and maybe it's better now than it was at first, but I fear that deep down, my partner is just not okay with all of this. If we break up in the future, this will be why. Sorry to hear that the tension between you and your wife has created an environment where it's so uncomfortable to be in the new home you worked so hard to buy and fix up. p.s. Love the new profile pic!   I've been a vegetarian for 17 years now, and I haven't looked back. I do eat a little dairy and eggs, cheese is a weakness of mine and those ingredients hide in a lot of foods, but otherwise I'm mostly vegan too. I'll eat salmon on rare occasion though. I thought I would miss eating meat, and maybe the first Thanksgiving and Christmas were difficult to break away from traditional ideas of eating turkey or ham, but the truth is I don't miss it anymore. Now my diet is pretty much automatic. It helps a lot that my partner has a similar diet. We recently got the "Plant Based Cookbook" from America's Test Kitchen that's got lots of great veggie and vegan recipes we're hoping to try, the Moroccan Lentil Soup that we're making tonight is in there.   @Chloe Cozee Glad to hear that your migraine has gone away! I have to be careful about coffee vs. water intake or I'll have the same issue, I feel like HRT has made me more prone to headaches of all kinds.   Feeling pretty positive this morning. I had a really fun girls night last night over Zoom. I can't stand watching the Bachelor, but I'll do practically anything if it means spending time with these friends, they have been so amazingly supportive and inclusive since I came out. Got a personalized eye makeup tutorial and that felt nice, but I really need the eyelash curler and magnifying mirror (now ordered and on the way!). I'm paying the price a little bit from staying up way later than I should have, they are on the West Coast so I was up until about 2am my time. At least it's been super quiet so I could sleep in.   I hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday!   Love, ~Audrey.    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.