• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Cyndee

• Davie

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Our band plans to pick up It's Good to be King - I'm singing so occasionally I'll put in Queen instead.....accidentally on purpose.

https://youtu.be/6aogOR8c8Q4

and No Matter What by Badfinger - but I only sing bv on this one 

https://youtu.be/LR6LSnREyYU

• Forum Moderator

What a great slow rocker by Tom Petty......

I love the way they raise chords (voicing lift) the bass goes up an octave, creates a nice effect

• Forum Moderator

yes - I am in love with the entire FEEL of the song - a buried treasure I can't wait to play....

By the way - my lead player is such a nit picker when it comes to sounds and styles - I'm sure he willemulate the Leslie to a T in NO MATTER WHAt. You should hear his sound on NORWEGIAN WOOD

• Forum Moderator

Great tune on a Sunday morning, so sweet 20 years later. You rock me Walter Becker....Just so tasty...

• Forum Moderator

Great choice....wish I could have seen that tour. Only saw them in 1972 at u of Toledo during their Countdown?to Ecstasy tour. I will post a photo of that concert when I can get to my photo album.

• Forum Moderator

@Dinaki that is a wonderful collaboration!  Thank you for sharing it. 

@Cyndee That is a super example of dreams lost and the reality of it.  

"I said babe you look delicious
And you're standing very close
But like this is Lower Broadway
And you're talking to a ghost"

• Forum Moderator

@Dinaki I missed the Freddie Mercury.cool. I saw a Carol Burnett show where she sang Send in the Clowns. My wide thought Joni Mitchell wrote it. I said no. Turns out Stephen Sondheim wrote it. Said freddie did a version. Can't wait to get to my pc to hear it.

• Forum Moderator

Bummer - the Freddie Mercury version of Send in the Clowns is instrumental....

So I guess my second choice for listing to today.... let's put on a little Supertramp... my personal favorite of theirs...

DREAMER

https://youtu.be/-UYVHF37KzA

• Forum Moderator

@Shay - wonderful tune. They have so many. Used to play along on harmonica to "Long way home", great memories...

• Forum Moderator

I still am the harp player on our Beatles and Petty songs requiring it. It is a struggle sometimes to sing, play bass, play harp on YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS, MARY JANE'S LAST DANCE, I SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER, LOSER and LOVE ME DO (this one I have to fake the notes on lead section as they used a different key harp in the studio and I tried to pick up the right key for theat part but it was way too much effort for so little payback).

And my other favorite Supertramp song ... Bloody Well Right....

• Forum Moderator

Another great band.  We saw them in August '83 in Worcester, MA before Roger Hodgson left.  They spoke about it on stage.  

• Forum Moderator

never saw them - but it was sad they couldn't work things out because every band needs more than one talented writer and voice....

• Forum Moderator

as promised - here are photos of Steely Dan at the University of Toledo 1972 (I think)

steely dan.jpg

steely dan 2.jpg

• Forum Moderator

I love the upper one with Donald Fagen, Walter Becker and Jeff "Skunk" Baxter.... Denny Diaz is the only one I came name in the second photo besides Fagen

Thanks for the encouragement...

Love ELP and Freddie.

So just to re-affirm my love for the non-conforming. A group I have followed since the early '70s is this quirky English band called "Stackridge". almost impossible to pin any genre on them, Two of them became the "Korgis" after they split up in the 70s. But they then reformed in around 2000. Got to see them at a number of gigs until their final bow gig in 2015.

One of my favourite of their post reformation tracks is this - The Red Squirrel - about a fight back against the Grey Squirrels decimating the English population of "Reds".

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Niamh said:

One of my favourite of their post reformation tracks is this - The Red Squirrel - about a fight back against the Grey Squirrels decimating the English population of "Reds".

@Niamh Thanks for sharing.  I really enjoyed listening.  I found other performances on YT and got a full taste.  Nice!!

@Teri Anne Very good version of a Foreigner hit.  The lead singer's voice is phenomenal.

• Forum Moderator

Wow...good stuff...i have some enjoyment heading my way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 93 Guests (See full list)

• Diana Stone
    • Trans22
    • Miss Robin
    • Colleen Henderson
    • mksmn1
    • Ivy
    • BeccaC
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Miss Robin
    Newest Member
    Miss Robin

1. Atshorlus
      Atshorlus
      (34 years old)
    2. BexShields
      BexShields
      (55 years old)
    3. Janae
      Janae
      (64 years old)
    4. JustineM
      JustineM
      (40 years old)
    5. Lunar_Loris
      Lunar_Loris
      (31 years old)
    • Trans22
      This sort of statement is true about everything related to my transition. 
    • Ivy
      Well, well well… I never knew.  They're still fun to bust - just not as much.
    • KathyLauren
      I normally keep my headphones level set at 16.  At that level, I don't hear the bulbs breaking.  When I cranked the level up to 90, I heard them.
    • StephieGurl
      I had the connection thing with girls/women as far as I recall which is about 5. Lot's of things I didn't notice because of life events. It is all mostly spelled out in three sequential blog posts, you can start here if your interested - https://stephiegurl.home.blog/2021/07/26/trying-to-look-back-through-the-gender-fog-part-1/.   Good luck. 
    • Marcie Jensen
      @awkward-yet-sweet. Yes, you're correct about transmission wires, they are mostly aluminum; particularly residential service mains (ie: from the power pole to the house). The vandalism was directed at the transformers, though. Electricity is transmitted at about 50000 volts A/C if I recall correctly. Residential power is delivered at 220 volts A/C. The transformers' function is to "step down," or reduce the voltage, the service main wires' function is to deliver the stepped down power. The internal wiring of the transformers can be either copper or aluminum. Copper is more common in transformers because it's more efficient as a conductor.
    • Mmindy
      Welcome Miss Robin,   I'm sure you will find that there are a lot of people here who have the same feelings, and experiences as you. I too, AMAB always thought I should have been a girl, and now a woman. I however took the male over compensation route, doing everything I could to prove to myself, and others that I was a Man. Well I'm done with that, and now I'm transitioning to be the woman I know myself to be. There will be others chiming in to welcome you. Look around, jump in on some conversations, you're among like people here at TransPuluseForums. This is a family friendly site.   Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.   Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon everyone,    Here’s a video of my breaking of the lights. I found that I only have sound when I’ve clicked on the page first.  IMG_9073.MOV
    • Miss Robin
      Hi im a 27 year old male or at least thats what they decided to brand me as at birth.   But im not sure about that , i have always for as long as i can remember been very different from other boys . When i was little I always wanted to play with the girls , we played with dolls and dressed up as princesses. When i got older i always had a easier time connecting with girls and spending time with them was much better then hanging out with boys my age.    This continues to this day and i have started thinking that i might feel more connected with them because I somewhere inside always wanted to be a girl. When i was younger i always dreamed at night about turning into a girl and i never missed a chance to have makeup or dress up in my moms clothes.    a few years ago i came out as Bi and i have found that I prefer to be the bottom with men that would pass as straight cis men.   I haven’t thought about this for several years but recently I broke up with my ex and since then i have started to explore with wearing womens clothes again. I bought myself a pair of high rise jeans and panties , i even bought myself a bra .  I also had a girlfriend put makeup on me.   And it just feels right , i feel comfortable in the clothes and i feel complete.   I know you people aren’t therapists but i want to see if somebody have the same experience or can relate.
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon Stella, (only guessing)   I didn't comment on your September posting, and I love all the responses you received. My original coming out to my wife was much like yours, and the folks here were great help. I'm glad you are working through the issues that come with being in a relationship, and transgender. Suzie and I are two years into my coming out and slow transition. We have more open and honest conversations, even inside jokes now that she knows.   Happy Holidays to you and yours,   Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋 
    • Abigail Eleanor
      Wowie! Well...a bunch of the 80 somethings I've known had great hearing (don't even think of getting away with gossip if they were anywhere near 😷)  
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      😂 Here I was wondering if I was the only one who did that... its like I have a compulsion to do it every time the page refreshes.    I'm going to trot off now, chew on the furniture, shriek a bit, and maybe knock something off a shelf.  I don't belong in the house. 
    • Willow
      @Petra Jane old or not, it certainly has a following.  I must admit I never heard it before the recording provided by @Colleen Henderson so thank you for that, Colleen.  I always use my iPad and it apparently doesn’t always behave itself.   Willow
    • Petra Jane
      It’s an old (unsupported) plugin, may not work on tablets, mobiles and some browsers.
    • Colleen Henderson
      See attached.   You're welcome. Recording_48.mp3
    • Interstella Burst
      Hello,   Not to "bump" an old thread, but as I navigate what my support system looks like I've largely drifted away from the internet and as a result, have been largely absent from this site. However it's been on my mind lately that I spent a lot of time before starting my transition surfing threads here and seeing what other's experiences were, and that it might be helpful for someone else to see where mine is at.   My wife and I attend couple's counseling almost every week. We mostly discuss plans and feelings about how we can navigate this together, moving forward, whatever that may look like. There are days where I am sad, where I can sense her hesitation, where I can feel her thinking "I'm not sure how I feel." There are days where we feel more connected than ever before.   For once in a long while I feel like there are ups and downs - not a steady dragging through the mud. I am experiencing what it is like to live without major depressive disorder and largely without guilt and shame controlling my every thought and action. Starting my transition didn't solve everything. It gave me the power to stand against adversity with a self-worth I never knew before. And this is just the beginning of my journey.   I can't know what will happen for anyone reading this and wondering themselves, but I do know that I had little to no hope that anything positive would happen when I spoke the words "I am transgender" to my wife. But many positive things did. Every conversation I thought would devastate me has been un-catastrophic. And the happiness I feel in the most mundane of moments is far greater than I could have ever imagined.   This is just one woman's story, and yours might be different. Just know that for one random lady on the internet who was sure things would only get worse, things got better.   Thank you all for the words of encouragement when I needed them the most. I wish you all the best through the difficult holiday season. ❤️     
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.