• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

2 hours ago, SaraAW said:

This song has really caught my ear lately. The electronic beat is catchy and the lyrics are such happy queer love, it's just awesome. It really resonates in a way with the struggle I am having with my wife accepting the change to our relationship since coming out. Just want her to do it like her mother told her not to do. ;) 

I really like that. I could probably dance a rumba to that with my wife.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one of my favourite songs and with the pandemic still on going, it holds a new place in my heart. Most of my family and friends live several hours away and I have not been able to see them in quite some time. Including my parents and sister. I haven't seen them since I came out, with the exception of my dad, who I got to spend 30 minutes with, socially distancing about a month and a bit ago.

My wife finds the song very sad; but I find inspiration in it. A love so strong you will cross rivers and roads to get back to them.

• Forum Moderator

I thought that looked familiar - The Head and The Heart - I found them right when I found Mumford & Sons and The Limineers - love all 3 bands

I agree, 3 great bands. Love the mountain folk rock sound in general. Good guitar, twangy banjos, good mix of up and down tempos and good storytelling.

• Forum Moderator

Can't agree more - I also love the Duhks and Nickel Creek

• Forum Moderator

I've only heard a few Nickel Creek tunes but one of their members Chris Thile hosted "Live from Here" (the successor to Praire Home Companion) until it was recently canceled due to funding.  He is so talented.  It was a great music show.  

• Forum Moderator

Chris received a genius award and with his work you can see why. I got to see nickel creek 3 times they were excellent in a class all their own. Thile was a child protege on mandolin. Check out "This Side" by Nickel Creek a wonderful hybrid.

Thanks for those tracks @Shay, hadn't heard either before. They were lovely.

Here's another one of my faves in the genre. It's a married couple making some beautiful music. They've got some folks supporting on this live version. They do an amazing cover of Sufjan Stevens' Amsterdam, but it's a Spotify exclusive. https://open.spotify.com/track/2Cyi6ezjKmGuXFrJglqQYl?si=y2gtBalxTK6yXcSxQQ-myQ

• Forum Moderator

OMG - I really love Mandolin Orange - I subscribe to American Songwriter and they have turned me on to so many artists I'd never be able to locate - Mandolin Orange is one and I love their stuff.

• Forum Moderator

On the way back from grocery shopping today - I heard a song by a group from Tulsa and I met the keyboard player when I was working at Leon Russell's old studio called The Church. I have to share a story he told. He was like 16 or 18 and came to the studio and Bob Marley and the Wailers were recording. Bob invoted him to join them in the studio. Marley offered him a cigar sized gange and he figured it should be ok after all Marley and band smoked ALL DAY LONG. Well, he took a toke walked back to the Hammond B3 organ and couldn't figure out how to play (although he is an amzing B3 player).

So they played one of his band THE GAP BAND songs and I had to have it here.

• Forum Moderator

This afternoon this one popped in my head - they were a wonderfu live band...

as "is" Rod Argents other band before Argent and NOW... rock hall of famers...

what I wouldn't do to look like some of the ladies in this video....

• Forum Moderator

Love Paul's bass slides in track 1 that setups Rock Show, a simply lovely medley, great slide guitar....

"Venus and Mars are alright tonight"

• Forum Moderator

Never noticed the bass playing in this one but upon this new listen I see what you mean. Thanks for waking up my ears.

• Forum Moderator

At the start of the day- just signing up with hospital system for surgery.....

I feel fine

Oh @Dinaki I'd forgotten how much i liked Nana and Judith Durham when i was a kid, i always wanted to dress up and be like them.

Thank you for reminding me of happy moments of my childhood.

Hugs

Robin

• Forum Moderator

Rainy Day - someone Cyndee reminded me of the infancy of progressive underground free form radio and I used to listen every night - hear is my favorite weird song title and song I listened to.

Provided to YouTube by Pink Floyd Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict · Pink Floyd Ummagumma ℗ Pink Floyd Records Released on: 1969-10-25

https://youtu.be/ICbbPSXUAmY

image.thumb.png.f4ebd02a7599aba5f72a3e927cd85754.png

21 hours ago, Robin.C said:

Oh @Dinaki I'd forgotten how much i liked Nana and Judith Durham when i was a kid, i always wanted to dress up and be like them.

Thank you for reminding me of happy moments of my childhood.

Hugs

Robin

Here's another song with Nana Mouskouri, duet singing with another legend Charles Aznavour!

• Forum Moderator

Sunday August 30, 2020 - it's a beautiful day today and 2 songs come to mind and I'm including both - hope your day is lovely and peaceful and filled with smiles.

GOOD DAY SUNSHINE - Live with Mr. McCartney

https://youtu.be/plmnpVBszj4

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY TODAY - Moby Grape

https://youtu.be/vviAimAmY38

Enjoying the new In This Moment album "Mother."  Maria Brink is so talented and I adore her style.