• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Madame Butterfly is a true story!

Butterfly,” the 1988 Pulitzer-winning drama based on the true story of the disgraced French diplomat and convicted spy — Bernard Boursicot — who, to the world's astonishment, learned at his trial that the Chinese woman who had been his secret lover for nearly 20 years was a man.

• Forum Moderator

soooo smooth..."Take a Giant Step" by Taj Mahal(1969), and it's just got that cadence...

"come with me, your yesterday your yesterday behind"

"and take a giant step outside your mind"

• Forum Moderator

This was written 50 years ago, but, but......

It's dark, it's stark, and disturbingly sounds a bit contemporary...

"poisoning their brainwashed minds"

• Forum Moderator

This is a great song and a warning to be aware!

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Shay said:

ever heard of capo-ing a bass?

No!  And she played a number of barred chords.  I suppose she could have reached many of those notes with a 5 string. 

Amy Lee and Evanescence.  The band is releasing a new album called "The Bitter Truth," but they are doing it song by song. It's so nice to finally get brand new material.  Here is their first release from the new album "Use My Voice."  Speaking of voices, I love Amy's voice.

Here is an interesting thing I learned - I saw Brewer & Shipley years ago and they mentioned the JUSY BEFORE "One Toke Over the Line" was certified gold - the FCC found out what TOKE meant and banned the song. They mentioned that the song was the only song that could make the claim that it was covered by The Grateful Dead and Lawrence Welk... and here is the Welk version - check out Lawrence at the end talking about a new "gospel" song.... tee hee hee

FOr all of your who had tense times and tears shed and anguish any time this week.... two of my favorite inspirations in my own writing.....

Following @Shay's excellent selection this morning, I give you Indigo Girls

I remember first hearing these two women twenty five years ago. At the time I didn't know I was trans, but I knew, absolutely, that I wished I was Amy Ray.

"Here's what I find about compromise,

Don't do it if it hurts inside,

'cause, either way you're screwed, 

And eventually you find,

You may as well feel good,

You may as well have some pride."

My thought for the day and WEEK for me and all of you fine brave amazing ladies.......

• Forum Moderator

@Shay - Great tune Heather, Love the organ solo in the long version, and the guitar tone is really cool in that track.

Here is another one from the era

Mott the Hoople (1971)

Home is where I want to be....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

• LaurenA
    • Jeanette West
    • MaryEllen
    • Chloe Cozee
    • CD Rachel
    • Mmindy
    • Cyndee
    • Niamh
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

TerriOB
    Newest Member
    TerriOB

1. KaraIndiana
      KaraIndiana
      (43 years old)
    2. Roobert1111
      Roobert1111
      (30 years old)
    3. theophobia
      theophobia
      (22 years old)
    • Jandi
    • Willow
      As I read back, there is no way I could manage without the lighted magnifying mirror.
    • Willow
      Hi   new to this blog. My wife used to be a beauty consultant.  She taught me to put liquid eyeliner right at the base of my lashes and on my eyelid.  Followed by a lash primer and then the mascara.  This gives me fuller and longer lashes. Last is the eye shadow which helps to hide the jittery hand.  I’m no good at all with a pencil so I have to use liquid. Oh and whatever you do don’t blink.   Willow
    • Willow
      Good morning   i hope everyone is able to end the week on an up beat.  The support coming from your employer is really great.  The changes at the federal level are encouraging for all of us.   I usually start my morning with my Facebook friends then come here.  As I read posts I find myself looking for the “like” button.  lol   im sure if there was one we’d quickly fill the server space with like buttons.  Not much happening here.  Expecting rain later.  I do wish I could get on my boat.  All this time to do nothing.  Three more weeks at least is going to drive me crazy.  At least I get this big bandage off this time next week. But in its place I’ll be in an air cast.  Which I can take off to shower or sleep.   Willow
    • Mmindy
      Good morning @Chloe CozeeThe new profile picture looks great!   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Charlize
      😯👍❄️🌬     🧝‍♀️   Charlize
    • Jandi
      I wish so too. Have fresh ground coffee this morning, which I’m usually too lazy to make.   I’m at my daughter’s for the weekend.    They invited me up to get away from the house for a bit.   She has been one of my biggest supporters since I came out, and even went to appointments with me in the beginning when I was terrified.     I have had this offer from my daughter, but chickened out.    Sigh.  Maybe soon.   I have been told I pass better than I realize.   I do know that things do get easier with time.  
    • Charlize
      Those are great fun!  Thanks for sharing.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Chloe Cozee
      @Shay, thank you! I love all your messages! So inspirational!
    • Charlize
      Zooey the day may soon come when you will want to start moving in the world as yourself.  Your families support will help! I can say that is wonderful to walk into the ladies room with your wife.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Shay
      @Chloe Cozee so true... Thank you
    • KayC
      Welcome again, Chloe and thank you for sharing more of your story.  It feels very familiar to me and I have had a similar journey, awakening, and starting to project how I see myself in the future. I do have some obstacles to overcome to continue to make progress, but for now small steps keep me motivated and hopeful. Gender therapy has been a great help also, specially when anxieties arise about the pace of progress.  Let's keep moving forward together❣️
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,   The coffee started off home brewed Folgers Dark Silk HOT, black, and strong.   I'm sitting in a Ford service center for the third morning in a row. Three different vehicles to service, two company vehicles, and today it's Suzie's Explorer. Ford Srevice Center coffee is warm, mild, and endless.   "Kindness isn't an act, it's a lifestyle"-Anthony Douglas  I'll add, "Show me someone who is kind, and I'll show you someone who is always kind."-Mmindy    Hugs,   Mindy🐛🌈🦋  
    • Chloe Cozee
      Our spiritual journey is just a great adventure towards our truest self-discovery, and there is no greater adventure than knowing oneself.
    • DeeDee
      This is amazing! 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.