• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Forum Moderator

If you don't want to listen to full album - this song takes me back to a rainy night near Toledo - and this morning and now I feel this song is me .....

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heather Shay

• Davie

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Attitude - the day doesn't care what you think of it - it goes on being a day - if you DECIDE to make something of each day - you will. SMILE

• Forum Moderator

This is THE way to enter the weekend

• Forum Moderator

from 2001 STP- I'm listening to the "Shangri - La Dee Da" album this morning, totally dig the slide guitar outro and bass lines with just beautiful acoustic guitar layers in this, deep ~4:00.......

• Forum Moderator
On 10/30/2020 at 6:13 AM, Shay said:

This is THE way to enter the weekend

Excellent , love the vibe in those, so groovy, it's alive....

• Forum Moderator

@Cyndee a new album to listen to with your suggestion above. Thank you Cyn..dee u r Dee...lightful.

• Forum Moderator

kind of down today - my brother will be buried on Saturday, a good guy who worked for me passed  AND my father-in-law in not much longer for this world... he is going down quickly... I feel bad for my wife who is his administrator and as I write this is talking to nursing home about DNR.....

But this song still gives me joy and I loved learning how to do walk downs in Am....

• Forum Moderator

I'm in a weird space today - my wife is at nursing home where her father is in the final stages of his life on earth - want to help but nothing I can do - perhaps go write a soft healing song....

The Boxer Rebellion is playing this morning via the Alexa.  Decent music to do homework to.

12 hours ago, Shay said:

Heather,  I was feeling so sad about all the loss you're experiencing right now, and didn't know what to say, but I found this song very comforting somehow.  Imagine...you comforting us.  You're a generous spirit.  ?

Not the uplifting example probably typically expected here, but this is one that's always been very close to my heart. Eternally comforting during my most difficult times. Much less so lately, happily. But right now, with Hitler on the very real verge of a 1930's re-enactment, in no small part because of my god-forsaken contemptible state, it's deeper than ever for me:

"...sinking...spinning..."

Feeling a bit better now. Been listening to Poison's greatest hits, and this one really resonates:

• Forum Moderator

Tears are finally just happening at random times - I've had a levee  that holds back tears my whole life but I'm finally starting to see a trickle here and there after 4 Months of HRT and I am thankful that either the water is now overflowing the levee or I hope the dam (pun intended) thing breaks

Been on a KIX binge lately, just love the solid rock guitar tone.

No fancy effects just hot amp tubes delivering tone.

• Forum Moderator

I miss hearing Chris Thile so much since they cancelled "Live from Here."

@Teri Anne I'm a huge fan of hair metal, but somehow I actually managed to forget about Kix! Thanks for reminding me! Anything 80's just takes me right back home :)

In honor of hair metal bands that don't get the remembrance they deserve, here's an offering of classic Firehouse:

I hear they were big in Japan!

@Abi I have to say, I am loving the ones you've been posting. It's been far too long since I've listened to much of it, but I've always loved electronica and any real good, smooth mellow vibe. I'm pretty out of the loop with newer stuff at this point (part of my appreciation for your posts), but, outside the realm of electronica, I have a couple "smooth" favorite songs of mine ever:

"Smooth" pop:

And from probably my favorite band ever, here's something smooth, but with a groove: