• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyndee

• Jani

• Shay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

such an under appreciated band in their day............... Gary Wright (did ok solo), Mick Jones (did ok with Foreigner, Greg Ridley did ok with Humble Pie, Luthur Grosvenor aka Ariel Bender did ok with Stealers Wheel and Mott the Hoople, Henry McCullough did ok with Paul McCartney & Wings, Chris Stainton did ok with Joe Cocker & the Grease Band, Alan Spenner did ok with Roxy Music)

So I'm getting a bit Christmassy (had a few glasses of JD Honey) and surfing through my seasonal music. I came across this track from one of my all time favourite singers because I can sing in the same key as him (and he lived a few miles from where I was in the 1970s. And this is a very perceptive piece of music when you study the words..

3 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

Always loved Greg Lake.

Yeah...they don't make'em like they used to.  I can't believe the time gone by...he looks so young.

I think our falling snow made the video even better.

• Forum Moderator

I saw Kansas when their first album came out - they opened for Queen at University of Toledo and they OVERSOLD the concert. I was a writer for the college paper and Ric Williams (eye patch guitarist) walked in our office trying to find the stage entrance. A kid who was already high and standing in the hall outside the office tapped on his shoulder as he was holding the office door open to ask us his question. The kid asked where the bathroom was - Ric told him there was a dark corner in the hall - pee there no one will notice. That is my Kansas story.........

https://youtu.be/PdFNWcXg-t8

• Forum Moderator

I remember 1985 riding my bike to work in the early morning in Newport Beach - listening to these two songs......

• Forum Moderator

I am a member of TAXI - an Independent A&R company that gets song requests from movies, TV, artists, commercials - they are looking for a remake of the song OUR HOUSE by the group Madness - I toyed with doing it - but figured a young group would most likely beat me out anyway. BUT I did like the song.

• Forum Moderator

I heard the song and liked it but really know very little about them .

Thanks. @Teri Anne. I just commissioned a Luther friend to build me a Rickenbacker leftie bass so I can do later era Beatles with my band. I think you would appreciate that. It will be firefly.

Been having "It's the last Midnight" from Into the Woods, and Gulliver's Travels'[1939] song tracks stuck in my head, especially "I Hear a Dream" and "Faithful/Forever"

Then switch over to my cheese metal Dracula's Swing of Death album by Jorn Lande

• Forum Moderator

I get a good laugh every time I listen to the Rutles - such a good parady Band - almost like missing Beatles tracks.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

Then switch over to my cheese metal Dracula's Swing of Death album by Jorn Lande

That sounded magnificent. Now I'm listening to it too.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

I love the Rutles records!  Neil was also in the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band.  They played in the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour singing Death Cab for Cutie!