• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

Now that I've listened to the Yes Album - I need another dose - CLOSE TO THE EDGE............................ @Audrey Tori is next up on my list - Thank you for reminding me of her amazing talent......

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’ve been digging into a lot of the older Nine Inch Nails remixes lately. Something about the old school drum samples and the gritty sequenced bass patterns and treble heavy percussive guitars just haven’t been replicated since. It instils this odd sinister ecstasy and feeling of power. 

Heather Nicole
4 hours ago, Rosie. said:

I’ve been digging into a lot of the older Nine Inch Nails remixes lately. Something about the old school drum samples and the gritty sequenced bass patterns and treble heavy percussive guitars just haven’t been replicated since. It instils this odd sinister ecstasy and feeling of power. 

So very true. Reznor is a real one of a kind. Been a big fan since the early-ish 90's. And while I do like a lot of his newer stuff, I feel like nothing I've come across in the music world quite compares to the expert layering and, as you said "gritty sequenced" sounds from his Downward Spiral and Fragile eras. (Though I'm glad he's sober now.) Even his NIN debut, Pretty Hate Machine was groundbreaking with its "Industrial, but very catchy and accessible" vibe.

This Natalie Merchant song always brings a tear to my eye. I discovered it during one of the hardest times in my life, and whenever I hear it I remember how far I've come from those dark days.

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

I'm listening to Silverhorse this morning

C

Bitter sweet - a firned is dying - our love of music lives on.......................

Going down POCO memory lane..............

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.

New from Lindsey Sterling. Had me bawling. I'm probably going to have to work out why with my therapist.

Hugs!

Don't know why - but this song keeps wandering through my head the past few days................ AH - "Be yourself no matter what they say" lyric......now I get it................

On 1/15/2021 at 2:06 PM, Jackie C. said:

New from Lindsey Sterling. Had me bawling. I'm probably going to have to work out why with my therapist.

Hugs!

I couldn't finish it..my daughter and I are estranged at the moment 😭

Sally Stone

The Hu.  Mongolian rock band.  This is some interesting music.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Sally Stone said:

The Hu.  Mongolian rock band.  This is some interesting music.

I've heard these folks.  Cool music!!

More Natalie Merchant today. This is one of my all-time favorite songs. There is a music video too, showing Natalie walking the streets of NYC during the 1980's in stunning black-and-white video.

Love,

~Audrey.

And to think - this album was made in a bedroom studio.........

• Forum Moderator

Great record!!

A little known band - but I love the song - says so much I relate.................

Their first album was recorded LIVE - Tony Kaye from Yes was a member...............

Their first album with Steve Howe's Band TOMORROW before YES........ White Bicycle was a UK hit......

Time for some fine guitar work...................

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• Jackie C.
    • QuestioningAmber
    • Tasha Marie
    • Willow Farmer
    • ElizabethStar
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • LusciousTheLock
    • Cyndee
    • Shay
    • Mmindy
    • VickySGV
    • Kasumi63
    • Astrid
    • Jocelyn
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Matt_Sheridan
    Newest Member
    Matt_Sheridan

1. Alex123
      Alex123
      (16 years old)
    • Jamie68
      Sorry, I just broke out laughing. That's awesome Jackie.
    • Jackie C.
      Getting rid of Mr. Catheter was glorious. Well, not the removal part, that sucked, but afterwards (and not having to navigate the world with a catheter bag) was lovely. May the days pass swiftly until you can kick him out of your life!   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Congratulations @ElizabethStar! I'm glad your wife is onboard. Also that the wall gets to be trans-flag colors. I think our flag is pretty too.   Oddly enough, my spouse and I had the same conversation last night. I was bawling at the end of Wandavision. My wife was dry-eyed. Well, somebody had to be the girl.    Hugs!
    • Delcina B
      Wonderful news Elizabeth! The role reversal comment your wife made sounds like some my wife has made.   Delcina
    • Kasumi63
      Thanks, girls! I just got home from the hospital today. More like a smashed up cactus than roses, but we’re getting there! This week’s goal is to become friends with my catheter—my first boyfriend! Well, not really my first, but he’ll be in me all week, and I’m fighting the urge of just yanking him out. I go back to the hospital in a week to have him removed from my life permanently. I’ll have to reread that peeing thread then. Thanks again, everyone! It was nice having a place to moan when the going was tough! Kisses!    
    • CD Rachel
      OMG I love this, thank you for sharing that bit of information it made my day....   Rachel
    • Charlize
      Jamie, i know it took my wife and family what seemed forever to get my name and pronouns correctly.  Give her time and appreciate any effort.  It's hard for everybody. We are getting what may be the last flops of sap for the year and since we have a great deal of ice I'm looking forward to a long boil and a lot more maple syrup to end the season with.  It has been a funny year with a great early start followed by a long deep freeze.  Soon the remaining snow will melt and spring will come.  Yea!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jandi
      I love this. But it is too bad he's an a-hole.
    • Linda Marie
      That is good news Elizabeth. I went , well, we went through some very rough territory when I first came out. trusting in each other and taking our time as we walked through this also helped. I would say it was a very dark place for her when I came out. I mean gosh, I just came out with this big surprise to the woman I've been married to for 24 years....well things worked out but it was not an easy road for either of us, but here we are still married, 45 years now. 21 years after I came out. All I can say is my journey didn't just include me, my wife joined in on my journey.     
    • Jandi
      Well, in that case, you're making it look good. I have resisted a wig.  But if it worked anywhere near that well, I'm in.
    • Charlize
      That is fantastic Myles.  Enjoy a life where you can be yourself without fear of loosing your family.  Relax a bit.  I remember being exhausted after i came out to my wife and family.  So many emotions can really be a workout. Congratulations   Hugs,   Charlize
    • ElizabethStar
      Progress is good.
    • Linda Marie
      Good morning. Nothing special going on for me today and that is just fine for me. It is freezing outside and I just want to stay at home and be warm. I did try on some jeans, this time with a padded shaping brief and the look was perfect, no more man butt.  I did manage to go out into the freezing your butt off cold to feed the birds. Darn birds don't seem to care about how cold it is. So that has been the start of my day. So good, so far!!!  
    • Drayse
      Hooray! I'm glad to hear that there's progress! 😊
    • Drayse
      Morning @Tasha Marie
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.