• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you listening to today?

Guest LizMarie

Willow Farmer

Enigma went away after that cup of tea.   I switched to something a little something old and a bit more up beat.  I like finding odd old songs I have pushed back and forgotten until my female brain has gone digging.   What are good 60's  70's songs that are somewhat lost and hardly ever played?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shay

• Cyndee

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Willow Farmer
On 2/27/2021 at 10:54 AM, Jandi said:

Always kinda liked this

Never seen that before.   So good, thank you Jandi

Kasumi63

“Ringo oiwake,” one of my favorite Japanese songs, sung by Tagawa Toshimi, one of my favorite Japanese singers. I almost always sing this when I go to karaoke.

Some day I'd love to have this song be about me........ (although my eyes are hazel)..............

Never heard before but perfect choice for early Sunday morning. Nice groove and layering as you said. Thank you.

I know from a reliable source that at the time CSN was huge, Stephen Stills had carte blanche at Criteria Studios in Florida (also where Clapton's 461 Ocean Blvd - but that is another story ... and it's a dozy). Anyway - engineers were on call 24/7 for when Stephen wanted to record - at 3 AM early on a Sunday morning Stills was drunk on tequila and got the engineers in and recorded Black Queen in 1 take. Probably fell asleep after and might not have remembered recording it but I'm sure he smiled at how loose he was - it made his first solo album. Enjoy.

miz miranda

@ Shay That was indeed a strange pairing. I have always been a big fan of john Sebastian solo as well as the Spoonful. My spoonful song that speaks to where I am at today

A nice way to loosen up those fingers on a Monday morning............

• Forum Moderator

@Shay - Love the sound of that acoustic......Beautiful, what a story, eh ?

• Forum Moderator

Takes me back like to '82, and it's spiritual.... 

I was just thinking of this Stephen Stills song in the shower this morning

@Cyndee you inspired me ................ ah the beauty of their music...........

Always like them

Have no clue WHY this song has been earworming its way in my head for days - no one of my favorites... maybe it's telling me about how I feel stagnating in my transition lately..............

Not on everybody's list but the lead player and I love this song.................

A little soothing hippie era music ................

For Jani and Cyndee.... play away .... spotlight on bass players

Chris Squire..............

And Jaco..............

Geddy Lee

Tal Wilkenfeld

and now 

Willow Farmer

Hi everyone! Here is what just finished on my screen.

Ah Mr. Frampton.......... Do You Feel Like We Do...................

https://youtu.be/7lCpTHZkvnc

https://youtu.be/V9Yq5m9eLIQ

• Forum Moderator

@Shay - Those are wonderful "bass" vid's, I've seen Chris Squire and Getty Lee live, would not mind seeing Tal someday live, she's amazing. 

As for Peter Frampton's epic "high powered talk box" solo in "do you feel like we do", Bob Heil (ham radio guy) developed that version with Joe Walsh, who in turn passed it on to Peter. The melodic guitar run in that recording that occurs about 10:50 - 10:58 using it is simply EPIC. 

Thinking of Peter this morning and of course Steve Marriott in this, another epic Peter solo....

Stone Cold Fever (live) - Humble Pie - YouTube

Absolutely ALWAYS loved Stone Cold Fever and Steve Marriott and Humble Pie..... 30 Days in the hole and I don't need no doctor among my faves but SCF is my all time fave from HP

• Forum Moderator
Charlize

I was just listening to 
"Come on home" by John Prine and watched a video of Steven Colbert and him singing "The way the world goes round". Just tears of beauty........The E kicked right in.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)

• Bri2020
    • Katharina
    • Elizabeth Star
    • Transgirlkatie
    • Delcina B
    • Willow
    • Beatriz
    • Jandi
    • zyx
    • Stephen24
    • whatishappening
    • Stefi